Dr. Mark Hambly, MD

Dr. Mark Hambly, MD

Orthopedic Spine Surgery | Male

Dr. Hambly is a 1984 graduate of Boston University School of Medicine. He completed an orthopedic surgery residency at University of Medicine & Dentistry of New Jersey. He received spine fellowship training at the Wiltse Spine Institute and has been in private practice since 1989. Since then he has written scientific articles and is a lecturer on spinal surgery. He is board certified to the highest standards with the American Board of Orthopedic Surgery.

Dr. Hambly's Experience

See how Dr. Hambly's experience matches your preferences.

Visiting Dr. Hambly

Dr. Hambly accepts 11 insurance carriers

Check out the quality of care at the 3 hospitals where Dr. Hambly has admitting privileges.

Dr. Hambly's Reviews

Likelihood of recommending Dr. Hambly to family and friends
    4.2
    Dr. Hambly's Performance
    in Sacramento, CA |
    My experience with Dr. Hambly has been nothing short of stellar. His ability to explain my condition and surgical procedure in layman's terms is exceptional. He gave me a couple of websites to go to so I could research what to expect. My surgery, post-surgery interactions and later follow-up appointments have also been excellent. If you leave Dr. Hambly's office without fully understanding your condition & what to expect following surgery, you've only yourself to blame.
    Sacramento, CA |
    Very good experience! Clearly on top of his game. Well spoken and thorough, most all my questions were answered before I could ask them. Very approachable and open at consultations and all business on the day of surgery. No problem recommending Mark to anyone requiring disc surgery!
    in Sacramento, CA |
    2nd review: On September 30, 2016 Dr. Hambly performed surgery on my spine. I am now eight months post surgery and I cannot praise, or thank, Dr. Hambly enough. He truly gave me my life back. My entire experience with Dr. Hambly was positive, beginning with my Sept.9 consultation. He saw what horrible shape I was in and some how made my surgery happen in just 3 short weeks. I am now physically as good as ever and I am forever grateful to him for fixing me.
    Dr. Hambly is very professional and has a wonderful bedside manor.
    in Sacramento, CA |
    An excellent surgeon. No pain afterwards. Very caring.
    in Drytown, CA |
    I cannot say enough about Dr. Hambly. The surgery he performed on my back in 2016 was a complete success, relieving 3 yrs of pain, that allowed me to fully return to an active athletic lifestyle. He is prompt, cordial, and extremely capable. I recommend Dr. Hambly very highly.
    in Sacramento, CA |
    Very warm and personal, took a real interest in me as an individual, explained thing to me in a way I could understand, including surgical procedure he used on me. Most times I dread going to see the doctor but Dr. Hambly has changed my opinion on doctors in general.
    in Foresthill, CA |
    Dr. Mark Hambly offered unbelievable professional care Dr. Mark Hambly fast tracked my surgical procedure from start to finish in four months
    in Placerville,Ca |
    We count ourselves fortunate to have been referred to Dr. Hambly. My wife was having problems with balance to the point that she was no longer able to dance. He is a no nonsense doctor who let my wife know what the problem was and what his procedure would and would not do for her. He did a great job, and she is now back dancing. Thank You Bill & Linda
    in Walnut Grove, CA |
    My experience with Dr. Hambly was great. He is very good about explaining what is going on and takes his time with you. He listens to you. Gave me several different options which I really like. Didn't suggest surgery right away. Very friendly also. I would recommend him highly.
    in Sacramento, CA |
    The best surgeon in town! His bedside manner is great and his commitment to patient success is what makes him stand out as one of the best surgeons in Sacramento. I've been suffering w/ pain for over 6 years, on too many pain meds, unable to work, and a previous back surgery under my belt by age 28. I am now without ANY nerve pain, off meds, and getting back to "normal". I cannot thank Dr. Hambly enough!
    in Davis, CA |
    Having suffered over nine months with severe back pain and after multiple MRIs, doctor visits and spinal injections, I came to Dr. Hambly. He immediately sent me to get X-Rays of my back - couldn't believe no-one had ordered them yet. The X-Rays showed that my L5-S1 disk was completely collapsed, causing bone-on-bone pain and pinching my sciatic nerve so that my left leg and Glute were often numb. Dr. Hambly did a fusion surgery on my L5-S1 and, seven months later, I am virtually pain-free!
    in Roseville, Ca |
    Dr. Hambly is an amazing surgeon. I feel so lucky to have gotten my back surgery done by him. He is very professional and took the time to see me multiple times to awnser questions I had. I didn't have that high of hopes going into the surgery because I had been in so much pain for the past few years I couldn't imagine life not in constant pain. I knew 5 minutes after waking up from my surgery that it was better. He went the extra mile to help me and I will be forever greatful.
    in Granite Bay, CA |
    Dr Mark Hambly is by far the best back surgeon ever. His "bedside manner" and his knowledge are amazing. I suffered from leg pain resulting from a spondylosthesis for approx 15 years as I was terrified to consider surgery. A friend recommended Dr Hambly to me. Because of her recommendation I used Dr Hambly for my second opinion and he immediately became my first. I will recommend him to anyone who needs surgery. His office staff is great
    in Carmichael CA |
    “I just wanted to thank the staff at Doctors Care for taking such great care of me when I was ill. I could tell that the staff worked very well as a team and ensured that I received high quality care. Thank you for being so compassionate!” Dr Hambly is a eminence surgeon, extremely professional Dr. I definitely highly recommend him to the entire State not only Sacramento. Thank you very much Dr. Hambly. I owe you my life.
    in Angels Camp, CA |
    My back surgery by Dr. Hambly was successful. The confidence he displayed in his knowledge and ability was proved out in the successful result of the surgery he performed. Thank you, Dr. Hambly.
    in Sacramento, CA |
    I was referred to Dr. Hambly by Dr. Schneiderman. Dr. Hambly was the doctor who figured out what was going on with me. I was seen by several doctors for my hips and back. I was finally diagnosis with spinal stenosis after an xray. Dr. Hambly knew right away and schedule me for surgery. I was seen on Thursday and had my surgery the following Wednesday. Yes, I would recommend Dr. Hambly to anyone who is having problems with their back or spine.
    in Loma Rica, CA |
    Dr. Hambly was extremely helpful to me. He explained the problem and the array of potential solutions. I was very impressed with his concern for the long term benefits for me. I feel as though I will be doing the process for me with the least risk. I don't if what we are trying will solve the problem, but I feel confident we will.
    Sacramento, CA |
    I went to see him for my back and he was so rude did not explain anything to me and did not answer any of my questionsi was really disappointed that he treated me like that because I read good reviews about him he just checked me and walked out of the room and I told him I was in so much pain he did not even care and told me too seek a different surgeon I don't recommend this doctor
    in Sacramento, Ca |
    Dr. Hambly was excellent! I can't recommend him high enough! His bedside manner put me at ease as I was headed into my 3rd discectomy. I had great results and enjoyed him and his staff during me pre-op and post op appointments.
    Sacramento, CA |
    Excellent surgeon. Very accommodating. Helpful office staff. Very good outcome with my surgery. I highly recommend Dr. Hambly.
    in Ione, CA |
    Dr. Hambly did surgery on me Sept. 19th, 2016. I have not one complaint! Surgery went well, and healing was quicker than I had imagined. I was instructed exactly what I needed to do to get well, and I followed the instructions. Office people were always kind and ready to help. Annette, Dr. Hambly's assistant was awesome and helpful to arrange for the surgery. I would recommend Dr. Hambly to anyone, he's very sharp and know's quickly what to do!! I would go to him again without a second thought!
    in Winters, CA |
    I was referred to Dr. Hambly due to a chronic back problem. After evaluating my condition he recommended that surgery could give me great relief for many years. His suggestion was to do as little as possible and still get the wanted results. Dr. Hambly seemed very pleased with my progress each time I visited him after surgery. After four months he has given me a clean bill of health but has scheduled me for six weeks of physical therapy. I would recommend this surgeon to anyone.
    in Seldovia, Alaska |
    Dr Hambly recently did a discectomy on me. The outcome was very good. While I hope I do not need his services again, If I do I would not hesitate to use him again.
    in El Dorado Hills |
    Dr Hambly was very professional and did not push the surgery route at all. He explained my options and eventually performed a micro discectomy. I am still in the early stages of recovery but the surgery went well and I would highly recommend Dr. Hambly
    in Fair Oaks, CA |
    Dr Hambly was amazing to work with throughout my surgery and the recovery that followed. He is very down to earth, and takes the time to listen to concerns, and is an excellent communicator. He stressed to me throughout my recovery to work hard and often. He gave me the opportunity to return to full duty as a Fire Captain after a successful surgery. What a relief after living the previous four years with ongoing back pain.
    in Sacramento, CA |
    I felt very comfortable talking with Dr, Hambly from the beginning. He took the time to explain my condition so that I understood my situation . His staff was very accommodating and friendly. I am very pleased to have him as my physician.
    in Jackson, CA |
    Dr. Hambly was very pleasant when I met him. He looked over my case and gave me hope. He performed the TLIFT which decompressed my L3, L4, L5 and fuse my L4-L5. My surgery was a success and I am back to work doing a physical job of heavy lifting. I would like to thank him and his staff for all they did. I highly recommend NCSRA.
    in West Sacramento, CA |
    very efficient office staff. Went for a consult regarding my low back pain due to spinal stenosis. Dr. Hambly explained the treatments, both surgical intervention, or non surgical interventions. He ordered xrays to show the condition of my spine and compared them to previous ones to see if there were any changes. He did not pressure me one way or the other regarding treatment decisions, but fully explained the pros and cons. I had surgery, and for the first time in years I was pain free...
    in Pioneer, CA |
    Dr. Mark Hambly is the best Surgeon I have ever had. He is just great very efficient and very friendly. He explains everything so that you can understand it. I would recommend him to everyone. Thank you Dr. Hambly for fixing my back I am doing great.
    in Pioneer, CA |
    I was extremely satisfied with the lumbar laminectomy with instrumentation surgery I had by Dr. Mark Hambly on Jan. 28, 2015. He was extremely knowledgeable about what I needed to have done by showing me on the x-rays. I felt at ease after meeting him. He performed the surgery well and I have not had any problems since. When I had an appointment, I was impressed by how prompt he was. He was never late but often times early. That was impressive!
    in Chico, CA |
    Dr. Hambly is very professional, and takes the time to explain all your options and what to expect before and after surgery. He answers all your questions and takes the time to explain everything about your injury. He was willing set my appointments early in the morning because of the long distance I have to travel to see him. His staff is friendly, knowledgeable and helpful with everything from parking to paperwork. This office works well with Worker's Compensation claims.
    in Folsom, Ca |
    Recovery from surgery was almost immediate. The pain level decreased daily to a point that after a month I was able to quit my pain medication. I am still a little stiff but considering what I felt like before my back surgery, I feel great.
    in auburn,ca |
    I spent over a year in agonizing pain and after trying all of the alternative treatments was sent to Dr. Hambly. I found him to be kind, compassionate and humble, he has answered all of my questions, every one of them! Before the surgery he carefully explained the procedure, showed me the hardware and when I had a complication after several weeks in the rehab hospital he stopped to personally check me on his way home after spending all day in surgery. I have my life back again, thanks-Dr.H!
    in Lodi, CA |
    Dr. Hambly knows what he is doing. He diagnosed my problem, discussed what could be done and scheduled my surgery for the following week. After over 4 months of not being able to walk without excrutiating pain, I left the hospital the same day of surgery and could walk with no pain. I would not hesitate recommending him to anyone who needs a really good surgeon!
    in Ione, CA |
    He knows his business!!! He looked at my MRI and knew immediately what was wrong. I have much confidence in him. My surgery went well with NO complications. He visited me in the hospital every day, he stayed on top of what was happening. The office staff were kind and efficient, especially Dr. Hambly's assistant Annette.
    in Sacramento, CA |
    Very insightful , knowledgeable and confident skilled surgeon. I am pain free and the feeling was restored in my arm and hand after surgery. Also very organized and efficient office staff. With Sincere Thanks!~Wendy Miller
    Have you seen Dr. Mark Hambly, MD?
    Are you Dr. Hambly?

Dr. Hambly says...

Dr. Hambly is a 1984 graduate of Boston University School of Medicine. He completed an orthopedic surgery residency at University of Medicine & Dentistry of New Jersey. He received spine fellowship training at the Wiltse Spine Institute and has been in private practice since 1989.  Since then he has written scientific articles and is a lecturer on spinal surgery. He is board certified to the highest standards with the American Board of Orthopedic Surgery.

Dr. Hambly's experience matches your search based on the following criteria:

•  Specializes in Orthopedic Spine Surgery
    •  Board certified in Orthopedic Surgery

Dr. Hambly has no media or publications listed.

No malpractice history found for California.

Why It Matters: Dr. Hambly's Board Certifications

• Thoracic Spine Fracture

University Of Massachusetts Medical School

Graduated in 1984

Umdnj University Hospital

Dr. Hambly does not have any memberships or affiliations listed. If you are Dr. Hambly and would like to add memberships or affiliations, please update your free profile.

• Orthopedic Spine Surgery
    • Orthopedic Spine Reconstructive Surgery

• Dural Repair or Other Spinal Cord Repair
    • Epidural Block, Facet Blocks
    • Herniated Disc Surgery
    • Lamina Procedures (incl. Laminectomy, Laminoplasty, Laminotomy)
    • Spinal Fusion