Dr. Mark Hadley, MD

Neurosurgery | Male

Dr. Mark Hadley, MD

Dr. Mark Hadley, MD is a neurosurgery doctor who practices in Birmingham, AL. He is 61 years old and has been practicing for 35 years. Dr. Hadley is affiliated with UAB Hospital.

Dr. Hadley's Experience

See how Dr. Hadley's experience matches your preferences.

Visiting Dr. Hadley

Dr. Hadley accepts 6 insurance carriers

Dr. Hadley is now accepting new patients

Check out the quality of care at the 1 hospitals where Dr. Hadley has admitting privileges.

Dr. Hadley's Reviews

Likelihood of recommending Dr. Hadley to family and friends
Dr. Hadley's Performance
in Montgomery, AL |
I cannot say enough about Dr. Mark Hadley. He is by far is the most knowledgeable neurosurgeon. I had chronic back pain for over a year. By the time I saw Dr. Hadley I could barely walk. He explained in detail what my back problem was and what he was going to do to fix it. He was very confident and put me at ease. I have not experienced any of the chronic pain since the surgery. The time and effort he put into reviewing the MRI beforehand and explaining the procedure was very comforting to me.
in Coke, AL |
Dr. Mark Hadley has been monitoring my spinal issues for the past 10 years. Prior to becoming one of his patients I had three unsuccessful neck surgeries. In 2013 he stabilized C7-C4 with success and I regain my strength. January 2017 he performed a laminectomy on L4-5, after allowing me to wait as long as possible. Thankfully Dr. Hadley isn't quick for unnecessary surgery. In May of the same year he stabilized L4-5 S-1 and I now have my life back, Thanks to him and his staff !!!!
in Panama City, FL |
I am a Florida attorney/mediator working with injured workers. I had chronic back pain which radiated down my leg for many years. In my opinion and personal experience with Dr. Mark Hadley, he is the best spine neurosurgeon in his field. He did not push surgery. He performed a three level lumbar fusion. Within 30 days I was walking three miles a day pain free. He cared about my well being and I always had access to him and his incredible staff. Thank you Dr. Hadley. N. Edward Oramas, Esq.
Gadsden, AL |
Dr. Hadley is outstanding in his field. He did surgery on me, but only after exhausting other reasonable options. I went from extreme pain to pain-free immediately after surgery. He cares deeply about his patients and his medical team is part of ensuring excellent care before, during, and after surgery. I highly recommend him to others.
in Birmingham, AL |
Words cannot adequately express my thankfulness for Dr. Hadley. His skill, compassion and care are superior. He has done two spinal fusions on me. Cervical C4-7 in 2011 and just recently lumbar laminectomy and spinal cyst excision. Amazing doctor... Amazing person... I am forever grateful. He has given me back quality of life. UAB, Birmingham and the southeast are blessed to have a physician of this caliber. Thank you Dr. Hadley. Walking around and enjoying life are sweet again.
in Franklin, TN |
I had 2 previous spinal fusions. Dr. Hadley was the most thorough, kind, continuous Dr. I have ever experienced. I was in so much pain when I got to him & scared. He was so calming and reassuring. He did a 4 level cervical fusion, cleaned up scar tissue, took off bone spurs and within 2 weeks I was driving and feeling like a different person! I've had lots of surgery, this is hands down, the BEST surgery and the BEST recovery and I know it's due to Dr. Mark Hadley!!! VERY GRATEFUL!
in Sterrett, Al |
I am a chronic back patient and have had multiple surgeries (11) since 1995. After a 12 year vow of never having another, It was recommended that I see Dr. Hadley to see if my pain could be allieviated. After a thorough exam and testing, I was assured that he could help. I had surgery 1/6/17 and could not be happier. Dr. Hadley is a little gruff around the edges personality wise, but if you suck it up, not get your feelings hurt and follow all instructions, you will not be disappointed.
in Navarre, FL |
Dr. Hadley has done surgery on my back and on my neck. I would not trust anyone else to operate on me but him, he is definitely the best.
Birmingham, AL |
Dr. Handley’s top Priority as a Surgeon is the best outcome for his patients whether it be surgical or non-surgical. I went to see Dr. Hadley about pain I was having in my lower back. He listened to my concerns and was very empathic to my needs. Dr. Hadley took the time to explain my situation in full detail treating me as his top priority and never feeling rushed. The outcome of my visit was non-surgical and it was an answer to my prayers. Thank you, Dr. Hadley!
in Birmingham, AL |
The respect, attention, and kindness shown to me by his staff was superior. Dr. Hadley's "leave no stone unturned" explanation of the problem and how surgery might provide relief gave me hope from that day on. No matter what the outcome, I was confident that I was under the care of a highly skilled and capable physician who would do whatever was humanly possible to alleviate my problem. Choosing Dr. Hadley was one of the most pivotal decisions of my life.
Gardendale, AL |
Dr. Hadley did cervical spine surgery on me at UAB Hospital in January, 2017. I could not have asked for a better experience. Dr. Hadley was very thorough in explaining my problem and my options. The staff, both at the clinic and hospital could not have been more supportive in every way. Dr. Hadley also did back surgery on me in 2012 and that experience was great, as well. Both surgeries yielded excellent results. I would recommend Dr. Hadley to any of my family and friends.
in Troy, AL |
He saved my life!!!! - Other Doctors had misdiagnosed and given up on me. Bottom Line: There are non that are better.
in Gadsden, AL |
Fantastic. I would highly recommend Dr. Hadley to anyone needing back surgery, Staff was wonderful!!!
in Kimberly Al |
Dr. Hadley did surgery on my neck on October,11,2016. He did an outstanding job back to my old self in 3 weeks with no problems. I was amazed and so was my family. He conducted himself in a professional, experienced and kind manner. He really set my mind at ease. I appreciate the fact the he prayed for me and was not ashamed to let me know that God gets the glory for every surgery he does. A very humble man. If you require a Neurosurgeon Dr. Hadley is the doctor for you.
in Dothan, AL |
Amazing doctor! As a repeat patient of Dr. Hadley's I can honestly say he is a man who makes patient care his #1 priority. Two pain free years had passed since my last procedure with Dr. Hadley when I began experiencing numbness & headaches again. I contacted Dr. Hadley, using the cell number he'd given me 2 years prior, and true to his word he answered. He saw me in his office the next day & operated the following day (which happened to be the 1st day of his vacation??). Amazing doctor!
in Tuscaloosa, AL |
Dr. Hadley performed surgery on my back (L4 -5) to relieve my sciatic nerve pain. It did not resolve the problem and left me with more pain than I had before the surgery. When I went back post surgery he didn't want to answer my questions or discuss it. I went to see other doctors after that and they both said this surgery is not what they would have done. I know two other people that had horrible results from his surgery. PLEASE do not go to this doctor!!!!
in Jacksonville, Al |
I was referred to Dr. Hadley after bring diagnosed with ependymoma on my spine, lumbar L4 area. I was told the tumor was benign but after operating Dr Hadley discovered it was malignant. He removed the tumor 3/1998. I went back for follow up after surgery and thru MRI it was revealed he had moved all of the tumor, thank GOD..it's been since 4/1998 for my surgery and experience with this doctor!! He is EXCELLENT...I recommend him!!!! Vickie D. Fox Spine Surgery.........3/1998
in Blue Ridge, GA |
Dr. Hadley and his staff were amazing. Dr. Hadley is an extremely talented surgeon and I would highly recommend him to anyone.
in Montgomery, AL |
Dr. Hadley was wonderful!!! I was referred to him from a neurologist that had diagnosed me with what he thought was a tumor on my spine. After Dr. Hadley's first review of my MRI, he thought my problem was a disc fragmentation. He reassured me that whatever the problem, he would be able to help me. My brother had seen Dr. Hadley and he did successful surgery on his back. My recovery has been so easy. Surgery on Tuesday, out of the hospital on Wednesday, out to eat on Wednesday night!
in Opelika, AL |
Before finding Dr. Hadley, I was in constant pain. I could only walk for exercise. Six months after having an Anterior Cervical Disk Fusion, I am running 2 miles a day and walking 2 miles a day. I am able to lift weights again and I have lost 25 pounds. I am grateful to Dr. Hadley and his excellent team for giving me a life again. Everyone I came into contact with from the first evaluation to the post op appointment was pleasant and professional. I had to stay overnight at UAB and the serv
in Birmingham, AL |
I am a veteran being treated at the. Birmingham VA hospital. Dr. Hadley spends some of his time at the VA I saw him for a severe pain in my neck. I have never in my life been treated by anyone the way he treated me. He would not review my MRI report. He told me that nothing wrong with my neck. When my caregiver tried to ask questions and appease him of my other issues, he told us to get out and leave. I have filed a professional complaint against him and would NOT recommend anyone to him.
in Chelsea, AL |
Dr. Hadley operated on my lumbar back performing 3 fusions and bracing in March of 2016. Prior to my consultation and eventual surgery with Dr. Hadley, I had 4 prior surgeries over a 20+ year period with only temporary relief. My problem was more severe than either of 2 Drs. willing to take on, involving severe general & femoral stenosis and mid-aligned vertebra. Dr. Hadley now has me pain free for the first time in over 20 years! Thank you so much Dr. Hadley for improving my quality of life!
in Birmingham, AL |
He's not eager to do surgery. He will tell you if he believes there are other options to surgery. Another top rated neuro surgeon was prepared to do surgery but was offended when we asked questions. He did admit that the surgery wouldn't resolve the problem. Went to Doctor Hadley and he gave other alternatives. I took my mother and my son to him. He could have performed surgery for the money but he didn't. He gave honest assessments.
in Odenville, AL |
I would highly recommend Dr. Hadley. I had heard that he was the best, and I was not disappointed. He explained how he could help me in terms that I could understand and patiently addressed any questions and concerns that I had. He is a good Christian man and not only a highly skilled surgeon, but also, a kind and caring person. I am three months out of a two level back fusion and doing well thanks to Dr. Hadley and his staff.
in Northport, AL |
Dr Hadley looked at my MRI and told me he could help. That was good news to me after having suffered for years with low back pain, surviving on pain pills and nerve blocks. Now 3 weeks past surgery, I am pain free, able to walk and stand free of pain. Dr. Hadley gave me his card with his personal cell and told me to call him, if I needed him. WOW!! Dr Hadley shoots straight and that is what I like. Great doctor and great staff. I feel that I have a friend in the health care business.
in Tuscaloosa, AL |
I had a three month wait to see Dr. Hadley but it was well worth it. Dr. Hadley is extremely intelligent, compassionate, caring person and a truly outstanding doctor. He took the time explain my diagnosis and tell me his opinion of what was the best action to help me. Honestly, what a wonderful thing to have a doctor who actually cares about my well-being, and takes the time to explain his thinking. I count myself truly blessed to have him as my doctor.
in Birmingham, AL |
Excellent Surgeon. His Resident Dr. Anderson and Nurse Practitioner Linda Davis were all amazing!! I would highly recommend to anyone suffering long term severe back pain. Amazing treatment and care.
Have you seen Dr. Mark Hadley, MD?
Are you Dr. Hadley?

Compare Dr. Hadley

Dr. Hadley's experience matches your search based on the following criteria:

•  Specializes in Neurosurgery
  •  Board certified in Neurosurgery
  •  Malpractice claims in Alabama not available

Dr. Hadley has no media or publications listed.

Healthgrades does not collect malpractice information for Alabama.

Why It Matters: Dr. Hadley's Board Certifications

• Neurosurgery

• Aneurysm
  • Bone Cancer
  • Brain Aneurysm
  • Broken Neck
  • Cerebrospinal Fluid Leak (CSF Leak)
  • Cerebrovascular Disease

University Calif Davis Med Center

Completed in 1983

St Joseph's Hospital Med Center

Completed in 1988

Dr. Hadley does not have any memberships or affiliations listed. If you are Dr. Hadley and would like to add memberships or affiliations, please update your free profile.

• Neurosurgery

• Cerebrospinal Fluid (CSF) Shunt - Insertion, Repair or Removal
  • Craniectomy, Craniotomy, Surgery of Skull Base, Neuroendoscopy
  • Dural Repair or Other Spinal Cord Repair
  • Herniated Disc Surgery
  • Lamina Procedures (incl. Laminectomy, Laminoplasty, Laminotomy)
  • Spinal Fusion