Dr. Mark Hadley, MD

Neurosurgery •  Male • Age 63

Dr. Hadley

UAB Hsp Neurological Surgery

720 39th St N Ste 102 Birmingham, AL 35222

Dr. Mark Hadley, MD is a neurosurgery specialist in Birmingham, AL and has been practicing for 32 years. He graduated from Albany Medical College in 1982 and specializes in neurosurgery.

• Recent Reviews Reviews made in the last 30 days. See reviews
  • Hospital satisfaction Patients said they were highly satisfied at this doctor's hospital. See hospitals

Dr. Hadley accepts

Dr. Hadley accepts the following insurance:

Blue Cross Blue Shield of California
Dental Blue 100/200/300

Healthgrades does not collect malpractice claims information for Alabama

Check Dr. Hadley's experience treating your condition or procedure

• Broken Neck
  • Cauda Equina Syndrome
  • Cerebral Artery Thrombosis
  • Cerebrospinal Fluid (CSF) Shunt - Insertion, Repair or Removal
  • Cerebrospinal Fluid Leak (CSF Leak)
  • Cerebrovascular Disease
  • Epilepsy
  • Herniated Disc Surgery
  • Hydrocephalus
  • Idiopathic Intracranial Hypertension
  • Lamina Procedures (incl. Laminectomy, Laminoplasty, Laminotomy)
  • Lumbar Spine Fracture
  • Meningiomas
  • Nerve Root Injury and Plexus Disorders (incl. Pinched Nerve)
  • Nerve Sheath Tumors

Likelihood to recommend Dr. Hadley

Dr. Hadley?
Dr. Hadley's Performance
What People Say About Dr. Mark Hadley, MD
Dr. Hadley and his entire team are awesome. Amazing care. I daresay the best physician I've ever worked with. While compassionate, he is also direct and doesn't push you to anything - he just lays out the facts. And he is humble - gives credit to God for his gifts and is a praying man. I am so impressed. And the best part? My back pain is gone! Successful surgery for spinal stenosis as well as fusing my L4 and L5 and I am pain free for the first time in years. Thank you Dr. Hadley, David, Linda and the entire team at UAB Neurosurgery!
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Mark Hadley, MD?
Dr. Hadley and his staff went the extra mile to figure out what was wrong with my back. I’m twelve weeks post opp and I feel better than I have in a long time. This time last year I could hardly get around after another doctor at another hospital messed me up. Thank you Dr. Hadley and your staff
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Mark Hadley, MD?
Dr. Hadley is a very talented and caring individual. His team is of the same caliber. My surgery was considered urgent and was scheduled on the very first visit and I’m happy to report has been complete success. Dr. Hadley and his team restored my quality of life and I can once again do the things I enjoy.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Mark Hadley, MD?
My experience with Dr. Hadley was exceptional from Day 1! He truly cares about his patients and it shows. He actually listened to me; did not dismiss me like other physicians had; and made himself available to answer any follow up questions after my appointments. He wasn't quick to rush into surgery. Even though I did end up having surgery, I felt 100% confident in the decision, his team, his expertise and care! I am beyond grateful for Dr. Hadley and would highly recommend him!!
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Mark Hadley, MD?
If we could give Dr. Mark Hadley more than five stars we would do so without reservation. Dr. Hadley's exemplary surgical skill restored my husband's quality of life and physical strength. His knowledge and expertise have allowed my husband to once again sleep through the night and be free from the considerable and constant pain he'd been in. The complicated and healing surgery he performed without any complications, the kindness he's showed us, and the truly heartfelt care that Dr. Hadley has provided are gifts we can only repay with our deepest gratitude and highest respect. Dr. Hadley always focused on us, listened to our concerns, explained results and films, and answered questions. Showing the highest level of respect for the health and well-being of his patients, Dr. Hadley will "tell it like it is" and advise the best options. My husband has received the finest and most respectful care, not just from Dr. Hadley, but David Aldrich, PA-C and Linda Davis, CRNP. Highly recommend!
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Mark Hadley, MD?
Dr. Hadley performed a lumbar fusion of L3-S1. What I liked best was that he treated me like family. He was kind, caring, communicative,and encouraging. His superb surgical skills gave me back my quality of life. After three months, I was back in the gym working out. After six months of recuperation, I enjoyed hiking the Oregon trails and climbing the giant sand dunes along the Oregon coast with my family. His unassuming spirituality and his genuine humanity touched my heart and contributed to my healing. Because I have experienced excellent therapeutic results from Dr. Hadley's surgical skills, I consider him to be the world's best neurosurgeon! If you have to have back surgery, I highly recommend Dr. Mark Hadley!
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Mark Hadley, MD?
Dr Hadley performed an 8 hour lower lumbar fusion from L 3-2 to L5S1 on me in mid May. after 2 1/2 months I am doing great with no pain. Im very fortunate to get him for my Surgeon.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Mark Hadley, MD?
AMAZING!!! I was recently referred to Dr. Mark Hadley after an MRI revealed three large tumors inside my spinal column. After review of the MRI and examination, Dr. Hadley explained that surgery was necessary to remove the tumors. Dr. Hadley was, at all times patient and kind in explaining, in detail, the effects of the tumors thus far; the surgical procedure required; and the best and worst case scenario after surgery. I was able to leave the hospital four days after surgery and the excruciating pain I had experienced for years before was gone. I am happy to report that I just saw Dr. Hadley for the final post-surgery visit and recovery is progressing even better than expected Throughout my association with Dr. Hadley, from the first visit to the last, he was professional, kind, compassionate and incredibly encouraging. The respect, compassion and quality of care I received from Dr. Hadley and his entire staff was truly amazing. Thank you Dr. Hadley, And God Bless you.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Mark Hadley, MD?
I strongly recommend Dr. Hadley, PA David, & NP Linda Davis. They were a great team for me. Dr. Hadley and PA David did back surgery on me and the their personal connection were great, pre-op to post-op. Dr. Hadley checked on me (in person) several times over the weekend to ensure all was well.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Mark Hadley, MD?
Dr Hadley shoots straight with you, but he also treats his patients the way he would want to be treated - including giving his patients contact info and returning calls in person when possible, which he did for me. AMAZING! It is so refreshing to have such a skilled physician also be so grounded and personable and be just as sure to address my wife's questions as he was mine. On the day of the surgery, I went to sleep with marked weakness in all 4 limbs due to a herniated disc above a previous c
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Mark Hadley, MD?

How was your experience with Dr. Hadley?

• Neurosurgery

1988
St Joseph's Hosp Med Ctr
1983
University of California Davis Medical Center
1982
Albany Medical College

Check the quality of care at hospitals where Dr. Hadley treats patients.

UAB Hospital

Birmingham, AL

83% Patient experience rating, 14% higher than the national average

• America's 250 Best Hospitals Award™ (2020)
  • Outstanding Patient Experience Award™ (2019, 2018, 2017)