Dr. Mark Hadley, MD

NeurosurgeryMaleAge 66

Neurosurgery

Dr. Mark Hadley, MD is a Neurosurgery Specialist in Birmingham, AL and has over 39 years of experience in the medical field. Dr. Hadley has extensive experience in Spine Disorders & Surgical Procedures. He graduated from University Of California Davis Medical Center in 1983. He is affiliated with UAB Hospital. His office accepts new patients.

Dr. Mark Hadley, MD

Uab Hospital

1720 2ND AVE S Birmingham, AL 35233

Healthgrades Provider Compare™

Quickly compare more Neurosurgery Specialists in your area

Hospital Highlight

Affiliated with UAB Hospital Birmingham, a highly rated hospital.

• Explains Conditions Well
    Patients said this doctor explains conditions well. See reviews
  • Practices at Top Hospital
    Outstanding Patient Experience Award™ See hospitals
  • Hospital Satisfaction

Healthgrades does not collect malpractice claims information for Alabama

Frequently Treated by Dr. Hadley

Based on treatment records, we have identified the following as areas of care that Dr. Hadley treats more often than their peers. If you are unsure whether Dr. Hadley treats other conditions, please contact the office at (205) 934-7170.

Spine Disorders & Surgical Procedures

Spine specialists diagnose and treat conditions affecting the bones of the spine, including degenerative spine disease, herniated discs, stenosis, and fractured vertebrae, with treatments including medication, physical therapy, and surgery.Compare with other Spine Disorders & Surgical Procedures specialists.

Dr. Hadley is experienced in the area of Spine Disorders & Surgical Procedures. See the graph below to learn more about his experience.

Based on claims data for 57 conditions and procedures

Treatments
Dr. Hadley
Similar Providers
Osteoarthritis of Spine
Low Back Pain
Scoliosis
Radiculopathy (Not Due to Disc Displacement)
Normal
High
Very High

Check Dr. Hadley's experience treating your condition or procedure

Dr. Hadley's conditions and procedures:

• Aneurysm
  • Ankylosing Vertebral Hyperostosis
  • Arteriovenous Malformation (AVM)
  • Arteriovenous Malformation (AVM) Brain
  • Brain Abscess
  • Brain Surgery
  • Broken Neck
  • Cauda Equina Syndrome
  • Cerebral Artery Thrombosis
  • Cerebrospinal Fluid (CSF) Shunt - Insertion, Repair or Removal
  • Cerebrospinal Fluid Leak (CSF Leak)
  • Cerebrovascular Disease
  • Chiari Malformation Type 1
  • Chordoma
  • Dural Repair or Other Spinal Cord Repair
  • Dural Tear
  • Epilepsy
  • Herniated Disc Surgery
  • Hydrocephalus
  • Lamina Procedures (incl. Laminectomy, Laminoplasty, Laminotomy)
  • Lumbar Spine Fracture
  • Meningiomas
  • Nerve Block, Somatic
  • Nerve Root Injury and Plexus Disorders (incl. Pinched Nerve)
  • Nerve Sheath Tumors
  • Thoracic Spine Myelopathy
  • Traumatic Brain Injury
  • Upper Back Pain

Dr. Hadley accepts

Dr. Hadley accepts the following insurance:

National (BlueCard) PPO
Blue Cross Blue Shield of California
Dental Blue 100/200/300
HealthyBlue 2.0
HealthyBlue Advantage

Dr. Hadley's Reviews

Likelihood to recommend Dr. Hadley

Went to Dr Mark Hadley today. He is absolutely the best Dr I have ever met. Him and his staff has are amazing. They make sure you are taking care of. Would greatly recommend him to everyone. I can not describe how compassionate and caring Dr Hadley and staff truly are with words .I am blessed to have him as my Dr.
Alton Thomas Smith – Jun 16, 2022
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Mark Hadley, MD?
I had struggled for a year and a half and went to him and had problem resolved. He was compassionate, professional, and an excellent surgeon. Very thankful!
Francie – Apr 21, 2022
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Mark Hadley, MD?
Dr. Hadley is one of the compassionate and knowledgeable surgeons I have ever met personally and professionally. He is thorough with explaining the condition and possibilities for treatment. His office and bedside manner are exceptional, making the patient and family member feel important and cared about. Dr. Hadley gave my husband his strength, self-esteem, and quality of life back by doing a cervical spine fusion revision. What a blessing he is in his field and our area!
Aimee and Richard Davis – Nov 02, 2021
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Mark Hadley, MD?
The VERY BEST OF THE BEST!!! Before seeing Dr. Hadley I had 3 other opinions from highly recommended doctors, 2 of which refused to touch me. Dr. Hadley gave me hope! At 45 years old I was scared to death that I would never have a normal life again with all my back pain. I had been to pain clinics and therapy, you name it. Nothing helped. Dr. Hadley did my surgery and within a month I could actually wake up in the morning without pain. There are doctors out there that are good doctors, but with Dr. H you can tell God blessed him with a gift. And I thank God for leading me to him! Any patients of his can feel free to reach out to me personally with any questions! 205-602-3543 I love you Dr. Hadley! Thank you not only for giving me life again and but for actually being there every step of the way !
Jessica Dawson – Oct 14, 2021
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Mark Hadley, MD?
Dr. Hadley and his staff are simply amazing (David and Linda). Dr. Hadley is extremely knowledgeable, compassionate, and always listens to any questions I have. Dr. Hadley has had a profound impact on my life (Fusion Surgery) allowing me to walk again without pain and do everyday activities that I thought were gone forever. He is a terrific Surgeon and wonderful person. I will be forever grateful for him.
David R. – Sep 02, 2021
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Mark Hadley, MD?
Dr. Hadley review my case and told me he could help me. I had a failed fusion from a doctor who has retired and had not been able to find anyone that would operate on me. I am very please with the outcome of the surgery.
James Turner – Aug 13, 2021
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Mark Hadley, MD?
Dr. Hadley is the best. Words cannot describe adequately what he has done for me. I will be forever grateful to him.
Tori – Jul 08, 2021
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Mark Hadley, MD?
Dr. Hadley did a cervical spinal fusion on me. I had talked to several other doctors about this procedure and was quite nervous about it. But once I got to see Dr. Hadley and did my research on his work, I then felt confident about the operation which I think helps in recovery. He and all his staff do excellent work and you know they know what they are doing. They all were very caring and very professional.
Frank Minogue – May 06, 2021
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Mark Hadley, MD?
Dr Hadley has performed surgery on me twice and each was a complete success. The first was a double laminectomy and spine stabilization in the lower back. The second was a fusion of three neck vertebrae. I was in constant and sever pain on both. Now I’m pain free. I would give Dr Hadley 10 stars if I could.
Apr 29, 2021
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Mark Hadley, MD?
I've been under Dr. Hadley's care for about 3.5 years. He recently performed a laminectomy on 3 of my vertebrae because of a spinal cord tumor. I am grateful to Dr. Hadley! He is the best!
Mark Nunnelly – Jan 29, 2021
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Mark Hadley, MD?
My entire experience from computer visit (due to COVID) to post-op visit was nothing but exceptional. Dr Hadley truly cares about his patients and was very thorough explaining the procedure and answering my questions. I highly recommend Dr Hadley and his entire staff.
J Bishop – Nov 19, 2020
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Mark Hadley, MD?
Entire experience from the first visit to the final post op was terrific. Dr Hadley and his staff were very friendly, efficient and took the time the time to explain the options and expectations. The surgery was a 100% success.
Allen McCain – Oct 26, 2020
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Mark Hadley, MD?
Dr. Mark Hadley is a miracle worker. I had a spinal fusion surgery from another Dr on Feb 20, 2020, that failed miserably and put me in a wheelchair. Dr. Hadley performed what can only be described as a miracle and fused S-1 through L-4 vertebrae. He is the top 1% of all neurosurgeons in America. I thank God for Dr. Hadley every day because he allowed me to stand and walk again. There is no better doctor than Dr. Hadley.
Sep 08, 2020
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Mark Hadley, MD?
Excellent surgeon: effective, personable, kind, attentive to details.
Robert Melville MEtzger – Jul 16, 2020
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Mark Hadley, MD?
I found out I had a meningioma on my spinal cord taking up 80% of my spinal canal that could paralyze me any day. I was told it was inoperable and a very rare case. I quickly was scheduled appointments to see doctors willing to work on me. A doctor at John Hopkins told me I would at the least be paralyzed and possibly not even make it through the surgery. Meetings with various surgeons left me uneasy and terrified. I then came to found Dr. Mark Hadley. I endured an 8 hour surgery removing the tumor and replacing my cervical spine. I woke up to realize I was paralyzed on my whole right side and had nerve damage on the left side that hinders my ability to feel pressure, pain, or temperature. Dr. Hadley checked on me every single day. His church prayed for me on Sunday& he called me after. 10 years later I recently saw Dr. Hadley and I left there with perspective. Looking at me now you would never know I had a surgery! Forever grateful to be here and forever thankful for Dr. Mark Hadley.
Gena Altieri – Jun 21, 2020
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Mark Hadley, MD?
I am a disabled veteran and was in the early stages of becoming paralyzed when I was referred to Dr. Mark Hadley. He successfully and skillfully performed my surgery, a dorsal cervical 3-4, 4-5, 5-6 and 6-7 laminectomy with cervical 2 – thoracic 2 internal fixation and fusion. The results were amazing. Prior to this operation I was really wheelchair bound and now I am able to stand straighter and use a walker for short periods. My excruciating back pain has been relieved and this has only been a few months since the operation. I hope to get even better with my continued OT and PT. I would highly recommend Dr. Hadley. He is an excellent surgeon and he really cares about his patients. After the surgery he was there to check on my daily progress and to answer any questions I might have. I also cannot say enough about his PA, David Aldrich. He was extremely hardworking, caring and compassionate. He came in every single day to check on me and make sure I was healing well.
Nick V. – Jun 18, 2020
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Mark Hadley, MD?
Its not hard for me to say how happy and relieved of pain I am after being referred to Dr. Hadley and his staff. I had surgery on May 9th and within 29 days I was back on the golf course after he corrected my problem in the cervical area. He and his staff, all of them, are "top notched". They are very very professional, courteous, & kind. They were also very willing to listen to my list of questions. It was also comforting to know that Dr. Hadley believes that the Lord looks over him and guides him as he performs these delicate surgeries. From the bottom of my heart, I owe Dr. Mark Hadley and his staff a huge THANK YOU for what they did to get rid of my neck pain. Thank YOU Dr. Mark.
Jim York – Jun 15, 2020
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Mark Hadley, MD?
I had corrective spinal neck surgery. Dr. Mark Hadley and his staff provided the surgery for my neck. I experienced great treatment and had a fantastic outcome. I would highly recommend Dr. Hadley to anyone needing spinal surgery.
Jun 05, 2020
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Mark Hadley, MD?
Dr. Hadley and his staff is very professional and caring. From the consultation, through the neck surgery, and up to the dismissal, I knew I had chosen the right doctor. Thanks again, Dr. Hadley!
Rick Hellums – Jun 05, 2020
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Mark Hadley, MD?
Dr. Hadley & his staff are exceptional. Dr. Hadley got to the root of my problem very quickly and explained everything in detail before surgery for spinal tumor. Thanks to Dr. Hadley I have my life back. He was compassionate, caring and very respectful. I'm very thankful for Dr. Hadley and his team!
D Thompson – May 26, 2020
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Mark Hadley, MD?

How was your experience with Dr. Hadley?