Dr. Mark Hadley, MD

Dr. Mark Hadley, MD

Neurosurgery | Male

UAB Hsp Neurological Surgery 510 20th St S, Birmingham, AL 35233 Get Directions

Learn about this Doctor

Dr. Hadley specializes in Neurosurgery and practices in Birmingham, AL. He practices at 1 location.

Are you Dr. Hadley? Add your own statement here.

Dr. Hadley's Experience

99Experience
Match

See how Dr. Hadley's experience matches your preferences.

Why It Matters: Board Certifications

• Neurosurgerynull

Healthgrades does not collect malpractice information for Alabama.

• Other Education

Visiting Dr. Hadley

Dr. Hadley accepts 12 insurance carriers

12 Insurance Carriers Accepted*

*Please verify this information when scheduling an appointment

/* /.overlay-container */}

Check out the quality of care at the 1 hospitals where Dr. Hadley has admitting privileges.

Hospital Quality Awards

Reviewing Dr. Hadley

Dr. Hadley's Review Details
      4.5 based on 47 responses
      Experience with Dr. Hadley
      Dr. Hadley's Office & Staff
        16 – 30 minutes (44)
      in Opelika, AL |
      Before finding Dr. Hadley, I was in constant pain. I could only walk for exercise. Six months after having an Anterior Cervical Disk Fusion, I am running 2 miles a day and walking 2 miles a day. I am able to lift weights again and I have lost 25 pounds. I am grateful to Dr. Hadley and his excellent team for giving me a life again. Everyone I came into contact with from the first evaluation to the post op appointment was pleasant and professional. I had to stay overnight at UAB and the serv
      in Birmingham, AL |
      I am a veteran being treated at the. Birmingham VA hospital. Dr. Hadley spends some of his time at the VA I saw him for a severe pain in my neck. I have never in my life been treated by anyone the way he treated me. He would not review my MRI report. He told me that nothing wrong with my neck. When my caregiver tried to ask questions and appease him of my other issues, he told us to get out and leave. I have filed a professional complaint against him and would NOT recommend anyone to him.
      in Chelsea, AL |
      Dr. Hadley operated on my lumbar back performing 3 fusions and bracing in March of 2016. Prior to my consultation and eventual surgery with Dr. Hadley, I had 4 prior surgeries over a 20+ year period with only temporary relief. My problem was more severe than either of 2 Drs. willing to take on, involving severe general & femoral stenosis and mid-aligned vertebra. Dr. Hadley now has me pain free for the first time in over 20 years! Thank you so much Dr. Hadley for improving my quality of life!
      in Birmingham, AL |
      He's not eager to do surgery. He will tell you if he believes there are other options to surgery. Another top rated neuro surgeon was prepared to do surgery but was offended when we asked questions. He did admit that the surgery wouldn't resolve the problem. Went to Doctor Hadley and he gave other alternatives. I took my mother and my son to him. He could have performed surgery for the money but he didn't. He gave honest assessments.
      in Odenville, AL |
      I would highly recommend Dr. Hadley. I had heard that he was the best, and I was not disappointed. He explained how he could help me in terms that I could understand and patiently addressed any questions and concerns that I had. He is a good Christian man and not only a highly skilled surgeon, but also, a kind and caring person. I am three months out of a two level back fusion and doing well thanks to Dr. Hadley and his staff.
      in Northport, AL |
      Dr Hadley looked at my MRI and told me he could help. That was good news to me after having suffered for years with low back pain, surviving on pain pills and nerve blocks. Now 3 weeks past surgery, I am pain free, able to walk and stand free of pain. Dr. Hadley gave me his card with his personal cell and told me to call him, if I needed him. WOW!! Dr Hadley shoots straight and that is what I like. Great doctor and great staff. I feel that I have a friend in the health care business.
      in Tuscaloosa, AL |
      I had a three month wait to see Dr. Hadley but it was well worth it. Dr. Hadley is extremely intelligent, compassionate, caring person and a truly outstanding doctor. He took the time explain my diagnosis and tell me his opinion of what was the best action to help me. Honestly, what a wonderful thing to have a doctor who actually cares about my well-being, and takes the time to explain his thinking. I count myself truly blessed to have him as my doctor.
      in Birmingham, AL |
      Excellent Surgeon. His Resident Dr. Anderson and Nurse Practitioner Linda Davis were all amazing!! I would highly recommend to anyone suffering long term severe back pain. Amazing treatment and care.
      Have you seen Dr. Hadley?
      Are you Dr. Hadley? Post a response on your personalized profile.

Compare Dr. Hadley

• Neurosurgery

Why It Matters: Dr. Hadley's Board Certifications

• Neurosurgery

• Aneurysm
      • Bone Cancer
      • Brain Aneurysm
      • Broken Neck
      • Cerebrospinal Fluid Leak (CSF Leak)
      • Cerebrovascular Disease

• Cerebrospinal Fluid (CSF) Shunt - Insertion, Repair or Removal
      • Craniectomy, Craniotomy, Surgery of Skull Base, Neuroendoscopy
      • Dural Repair or Other Spinal Cord Repair
      • Herniated Disc Surgery
      • Lamina Procedures (incl. Laminectomy, Laminoplasty, Laminotomy)
      • Spinal Fusion
      • Spinal Reconstructive Surgery for Deformities
      • Vascular Transcatheter Embolization

Healthgrades does not collect malpractice information for Alabama.

Albany Medical College

Graduated in 1982

University Calif Davis Med Center

Completed in 1983

St Joseph's Hospital Med Center

Completed in 1988

Dr. Hadley has no media or publications listed.

×

Dr. Hadley's experience matches your search based on the following criteria:

• Specializes in Neurosurgery
      • Board certified in Neurosurgery
      • Malpractice claims in Alabama not available
      ×

Why Does Experience Matter?

Patient Satisfaction Results for Dr. Hadley

Overall Patient Satisfaction Score

Dr. Hadley's Office & Staff

Ease of scheduling urgent appointments
      Office environment, cleanliness, comfort, etc.
      Staff friendliness and courteousness
      Total wait time (waiting & exam rooms)
      16 – 30 minutes

Experience with Dr. Hadley

Level of trust in provider's decisions
      How well provider explains medical condition(s)
      How well provider listens and answers questions
      Spends appropriate amount of time with patients