Dr. Mark H. Hadfield, MD

Dr. Mark H. Hadfield, MD

Orthopedic Surgery | Male

OrthoVirginia 13700 St Francis Blvd Ste 103, Midlothian, VA 23114 Get Directions

Learn about this Doctor

Hi, I am Mark H. Hadfield an orthopedic surgeon in Midlothian, Virginia. I grew up in Amelia, Virginia. I...

Dr. Hadfield's Experience

98Experience
Match

See how Dr. Hadfield's experience matches your preferences.

Visiting Dr. Hadfield

Dr. Hadfield accepts 17 insurance carriers

17 Insurance Carriers Accepted*

*Please verify this information when scheduling an appointment

/* /.overlay-container */}

Check out the quality of care at the 2 hospitals where Dr. Hadfield has admitting privileges.

Hospital Quality Awards

Reviewing Dr. Hadfield

Dr. Hadfield's Review Details
4.6 based on 45 responses
Experience with Dr. Hadfield
Dr. Hadfield's Office & Staff
    10 – 15 minutes (43)
Dr. Hadfield says

Thank you for taking the time to review us and let us know how we served you. It is my goal to provide you with the best care possible.

Your feedback will be valuable for future patients and will be shared on-line.

I value your insight and it is my goal to continually strive to make your health care experience the best it can be.

If you need to reach us for anything you can contact me and my staff at 804 379 2414.

Mark H Hadfield M.D.

in Petersburg, VA |
Dr. Hadfield is the best! He was so wonderful when I went to him with concerns about my foot! He is so nice and smart! His staff is wonderful as well! I cannot give him enough stars!
in Midlothian, VA |
I would recommend Dr. Hadfield for any shoulder or knee issue. I had rotator cuff surgery this past January and have had a good recovery from it. My wife also had knee replacement and her recovery was excellent. Dr. Hadfield is a very good communicator. And he is very open to discuss any aspect of his treatment plan and the options available.
in Powhatan, VA |
Excellent surgeon and very personable. I had shoulder replacement and it was very successful with very little discomfort. Will recommend him to anyone.
in Amelia Court House, VA |
Dr. Hadfield is kind and compassionate and a great communicator. His vast experience was immediately discerned and he knew exactly to deal with my shoulder problem. He is especially careful in relating to all age groups. He is a great asset to our community.
in Louisa, VA |
Dr. Hadfield is a real profession with a great bedside manner and a good listener. He makes you feel at ease and will keep you updated with your progress toward complete healing. This doctor knows what he is doing. I would recommend him 100%.
in Midlothian, VA |
My experience was very good.The doctor was very attentive to my health issues.
in Richmond, VA |
Dr. Hadfield has done three surgeries on my left shoulder. the first was for just normal wear and tear after 20 years of hockey abuse. the 2nd was due to a total tear of the rotator and labrum. the 3rd was after I reinjured the same shoulder. the shoulder is back in working order now. Dr. Hadfield was pretty clear after my last injury that I probably should hang up my skates to avoid further injury, but hey, I'm a hockey player.. and I trust him as my doctor to fix me up again WHEN time comes.
in Midlothian, VA |
We took our three year old daughter to Dr. Hadfield after she had broken her arm. He was very patient and professional, even though our daughter was in pain and not the best patient. He also throughly explained the break and spent ample time with us so that we could have all of our questions answered. We will definitely go to him for our future orthopedic needs.
in N Chesterfield, VA |
I was lucky to have been referred to Dr. Hatfield. I truly believe he has a gift for what he does. I had heard so many people complain after a similar surgery with their recovery process, mine was seamless, and I attribute it to his gift! His bedside manner is to be commended, he took the time to explain my procedure in detail and I appreciated that, also his staff was thoughtful and considerate. The reality is not all surgeons are the same, I would highly recommend Dr. Hatfield and his team
in Midlothian, VA |
Dr. Hadfield is an extraordinary doctor. I have seen him for a broken ankle and for rotator cuff surgery. He did a wonderful job and my body has fully recovered and I am very pleased with the results. I sent numerous people to him for the various orthopedic concerns that they have had and they have also been very pleased with the results. I recommend him to anybody seeking any type of treatment or surgery in the orthopedic field.
in Midlothian, VA |
It was great. I had tried another orthopedic doctor for my shoulder previously and he seemed to be in a hurry, hard to understand, and kept changing the prognosis without success. I went to Dr. Hadfield and it was just the opposite. Very down to earth and easy to talk to. Found the problem first visit. Scheduled the surgery which went smoothly. And the shoulder is 100%. Knows his stuff. i highly recommend him.
in Chesterfield, VA |
I tore my ACL while playing hockey. It was very important that I be able to continue to play after my surgery. Dr.Mark and his team did a great job with the surgery and managing my expectations of recovery. They said 6 months of rehab will have me back on the ice and, sure enough, I'm back playing now on 2 leagues and coaching clinics. Thanks again to everyone at Dr Mark Hatfields clinic.
Richmond, VA |
Dr. Hadfield took excellent care of me following a wrist fracture and surgery.
in Ruther Glen, VA |
Dr. Hadfield and staff were very friendly, took their time and answered any questions I had.
Richmond, VA |
Great surgeon! Fixed my shoulder so now I'm back to playing sports. Very good bedside manner too! Recommend him to anyone!
in Midlothian, VA |
Great job with getting me back to work to finish my career. Everything was explained as far as the procedure. All follow up appointments, staff was great and flexible! I plan on having Dr Hadfield do more needed work on me!
in Midlothian, VA |
Dr. Hadfield demonstrates knowledge, skill and empathy. He is an exceptional listener and communicates in a clear and concise manner.
in Midlothian, VA |
Great bedside manner. Successful surgery.
in Midlothian, VA |
Caring, listens well, was on time and has a great bed side manner. He put me at ease right away.
in Farmville, VA |
This is the second surgery that Dr. Hadfield has done on me and I am very satisfied and impressed with him and his work.
in Midlothian, VA |
Dr. Hadfield was super helpful as we went through the examination and reviewed what steps I could take. I really appreciated that he did not try to coerce me into having surgery. He gave me all of my options and we talked about what I wanted in terms of long-term health. He was very informative and clear. I did end up having surgery after hearing all of the information.
Have you seen Dr. Hadfield?

Compare Dr. Hadfield

• Orthopedic Arthroscopy
  • Orthopedic Fracture Care
  • Orthopedic Knee Surgery
  • Orthopedic Shoulder & Elbow Surgery
  • Sports Medicine

Why It Matters: Dr. Hadfield's Board Certifications

Dr. Hadfield says..

I was very blessed to train at MCV/VCU. The group of physicians that I worked with there are second to none and I am very grateful to them for their excellent training and devotion to patients.

Working with Dr. Adelaar, Dr. Cardea, Dr. Boardman, Dr. Loughran, Dr. Foster, Dr. Patterson, Dr. Isaacs, Dr. Sharps, And Dr. Tuten prepared me well for treating patients of all ages with condiotns ranging from the most basic to the most complex. I want to say thanks to all of them for their dedication to teaching and for their friendship.

Training at MCV prepared me to take care of patients of all ages with minor and complicated injuries and conditions. I am grateful that I was able to train at an institution that had me truly prepared by the time I finished 10 years ago.

Training with Dr. Boardman who is a Mayo trained Shoulder and Elbow expert prepared me to take care of patients with injuries and chronic conditions affecting the shoulder and upper extremity.

This information was supplied by or on behalf of the provider.
  • Anterior Cruciate Ligament (ACL) or Posterior Cruciate Ligament (PCL) Tear
  • Bicep Injuries
  • Distal Radius Fracture
  • Glenoid Labrum Tear
  • Internal Derangement of Knee
  • Knee Injuries
  • Knee Ligament Injuries
  • Knee Sprain
  • Lateral and Medial Epicondylitis (Tennis and Golf Elbow)
  • Rotator Cuff Injuries
  • Shoulder Tendinitis and Tenosynovitis
  • Sports Injuries of the Knee
  • Trigger Finger

Dr. Hadfield says..

The main focus of my practice consists of treatment of conditions affecting the shoulder and knee. Sports Medicine techniques can be utilized to treat the majority of these conditions arthroscopically.

Rotator cuff tears are one of the most common conditions I treat. These are repaired thru the scope almost always. I also treat labral tears, frozen shoulder, impingement syndrome, biceps tendon ruptures,  humerus, clavicle, and wrist fractures.

For arthritis of the shoulder I perform injections and if need be total shoulder and reverse total shoulder arthroplasty.

Knee conditions that I treat are meniscal tears, ACL tears, quadricep tendon and patellar tendon tears, patellar injuries and fractures.

For arthritic conditions affecting the knee I perform injections of steroids, Hyaluronic acid, and  total knee arthroplasty.

Other sports related injuries that I treat include ankle sprains, ankle fractures, Achilles tendon ruptures and tendonitis and 5th metatarsal fractures.

I treat patients of all ages.

This information was supplied by or on behalf of the provider.
  • Arthroscopic Shoulder Surgery
  • Shoulder Fracture and Dislocation Treatment
  • Shoulder Fracture Treatment
  • Trigger Finger Release
  • Viscosupplementation With Hyaluronate

No malpractice history found for Virginia.

Medical University of South Carolina

Graduated in 2000

MCV VCU

Completed in 2001

MCV VCU

Completed in 2006

Brigham Young University

Graduated in 1995

Dr. Hadfield has no media or publications listed.

Memberships & Affiliations

Dr. Hadfield does not have any memberships or affiliations listed. If you are Dr. Hadfield and would like to add memberships or affiliations, please update your free profile.

×

Dr. Hadfield's experience matches your search based on the following criteria:

• Specializes in Orthopedic Surgery
  • Board certified in Orthopedic Surgery
×

Why Does Experience Matter?

Patient Satisfaction Results for Dr. Hadfield

Overall Patient Satisfaction Score

Dr. Hadfield's Office & Staff

Ease of scheduling urgent appointments
Office environment, cleanliness, comfort, etc.
Staff friendliness and courteousness
Total wait time (waiting & exam rooms)
10 – 15 minutes

Experience with Dr. Hadfield

Level of trust in provider's decisions
How well provider explains medical condition(s)
How well provider listens and answers questions
Spends appropriate amount of time with patients

Hi,

I am Mark H. Hadfield an orthopedic surgeon in Midlothian, Virginia. I grew up in Amelia, Virginia. I am the son of Gary and Kathy Hadfield and currently reside in Chesterfield county with my wife Marnee and our seven children. We love being part of this wonderful community we live in and we stay active in multiple sporting, church, community, and scouting events.

It is great to be able to give back to an area that has given so much to me and my family. We have raised our family in the area with our oldest son nearing college age. Our 5 year old keeps us on our toes.

Playing sports and coaching them has reinforced the importance of hard work and dedication in all things. Sports has always been a big part of my life. I played multiple sports in youth leagues and went on to play Division I college football at Brigham Young University. I have been coaching youth sports in the Midlothian area for the past 10 years including baseball, basketball, and football.

Having rehabbed from sports injuries in the past, I know what it is like going through and coming back from injuries. This has helped me tremendously when it comes to empathizing with my patients as they are recovering from their injuries.

I can trace my desire to help others recover from injuries back to an event when my leg was hurt just before all-stars and the doctor told me that returning to play wasn't an option.

The news was a bitter pill to swallow and there is never a good time to get hurt but just before all-stars? I was upset with the doctor because he wouldn't let me play. In time I understood that he protected me from further injury and helped me recover fully. This experience along with the desire I have to help others is what made me decide to become a physician.

I dreamed of coming back close to where I was raised to help those with injuries or other conditions get their quality of life back. For the past 10 years, I have been able to live that dream and love what I do!

If you or a family member or someone that you treat as a physician is in need of orthopedic care please let me know.  I will do my best to get my patients on the road to recovery.

Mark H. Hadfield

Dr. Hadfield's Care Philosophy

When you come in for your visit I want to help you understand your condition and what your choices are for treatment.

Injuries or chronic conditions affect your ability to enjoy life. They can also keep you from being able to work, sleep, or engage in hobbies. We want to get you back to what is important to you.

I will do my best to answer your questions. Each patient is unique and we strive to take all factors of your health into consideration when making a choice for treatment.

Your input into your health is the most important factor when considering care.

We look forward to being able to help you should you need our services.

Mark H. Hadfield

Dr. Hadfield says...

I treat patients of all ages.

Dr. Hadfield says...

Your feedback will be valuable for future patients and will be shared on-line.

Mark H Hadfield M.D.