Dr. Mark Hadfield, MD

Dr. Mark Hadfield, MD

Orthopedic Surgery | Male

OrthoVirginia 13700 St Francis Blvd Ste 103 Midlothian, VA 23114 Get Directions

When you come in for your visit I want to help you understand your condition and what your choices are for treatment.

Injuries or chronic conditions affect your ability to enjoy life. They can also keep you from being able to work, sleep, or engage in hobbies. We want to get you back to what is important to you.

I will do my best to answer your questions. Each patient is unique and we strive to take all factors of your health into consideration when making a choice for treatment.

Your input into your health is the most important factor when considering care.

We look forward to being able to help you should you need our services.

Mark H. Hadfield

Hi, I am Mark H. Hadfield an orthopedic surgeon in Midlothian, Virginia. I grew up in Amelia, Virginia. I am the son of Gary and Kathy Hadfield and currently reside in Chesterfield county with my wife Marnee and our seven children. We love being part of this wonderful community we live in and we stay active in multiple sporting, church, community, and scouting events. It is great to be able to give back to an area that has given so much to me and my family. We have raised our family in the area with our oldest son nearing college age. Our 5 year old keeps us on our toes. Playing sports and coaching them has reinforced the importance of hard work and dedication in all things. Sports has always been a big part of my life. I played multiple sports in youth leagues and went on to play Division I college football at Brigham Young University. I have been coaching youth sports in the Midlothian area for the past 10 years including baseball, basketball, and football. Having rehabbed from sports injuries in the past, I know what it is like going through and coming back from injuries. This has helped me tremendously when it comes to empathizing with my patients as they are recovering from their injuries. I can trace my desire to help others recover from injuries back to an event when my leg was hurt just before all-stars and the doctor told me that returning to play wasn't an option. The news was a bitter pill to swallow and there is never a good time to get hurt but just before all-stars? I was upset with the doctor because he wouldn't let me play. In time I understood that he protected me from further injury and helped me recover fully. This experience along with the desire I have to help others is what made me decide to become a physician. I dreamed of coming back close to where I was raised to help those with injuries or other conditions get their quality of life back. For the past 10 years, I have been able to live that dream and love what I do! If you or a family member or someone that you treat as a physician is in need of orthopedic care please let me know. I will do my best to get my patients on the road to recovery. Mark H. Hadfield

Dr. Hadfield's Experience

See how Dr. Hadfield's experience matches your preferences.

Visiting Dr. Hadfield

Dr. Hadfield accepts 17 insurance carriers

Check out the quality of care at the 2 hospitals where Dr. Hadfield has admitting privileges.

Dr. Hadfield's Reviews

Likelihood of recommending Dr. Hadfield to family and friends
Dr. Hadfield Says:

Thank you for taking the time to review us and let us know how we served you. It is my goal to provide you with the best care possible.

Your feedback will be valuable for future patients and will be shared on-line.

I value your insight and it is my goal to continually strive to make your health care experience the best it can be.

If you need to reach us for...

Dr. Hadfield's Performance
in Powhatan, VA |
I have visited Dr. Hadfield on numerous occasions over the past four years with all visits having to do with treatment for knee pain. I had torn both menisci with one being worse than the other. Short term fixes in the way of cortisone shots gave me temporary relief so that I could enjoy a Hawaiian vacation and continue working. as the other knee neared maximum bearable pain, I was quickly scheduled for pre-op testing and procedure. Recovery was both rapid and with little discomfort in both case
Allen - Thank you for taking the time out of your day to write such a kind message. I will be sure to pass along to everyone here. Best, Sarah
in Midlothian, VA |
I am extremely pleased with my experience with Dr. Hadfield and his Assistant, Scott Frank. I felt fully informed at all times and in control of what should be the next steps in my treatment, based on the thorough information that I was continuously provided. Thanks to the excellent procedure and post-op care, my recovery continues to be unexpectedly quick and with relatively minimum discomfort.
Janet - Thank you for taking the time out of your busy day to write a kind review. I wish you all the best in the future. Best, Sarah
in Richmond, VA |
Injured on 3/5/17 in HHI, SC. ER visit diagnosed a ruptured quadriceps tendon. My daughter was in touch with Dr. H due to an injury with one of my grandsons. A forwarded text from Dr H told me not rush home as injuries like this, while dibilitating, are painless and little could be done while swollen. My daughter got me scheduled. Returned home to see Dr. H on 3/8; MRI on 3/9; surgery 3/13. 6/1/17 recovering; knee repairs done, released, and in PT. Just a tiny line scar remains. Thanks, Dr H
Brian - Thank you for writing such kind words. I wish you all the best in the future. Best, Sarah
Charlottesville, VA |
very very pleased with everything and would highly recommend
Thank you for the review! Best, Sarah
Ruther Glen, VA |
I was in excruciating pain, and was able to get an appointment within an hour of calling! Dr. Hadfield was understanding, empathetic, and took his time with me. He explained my options thoroughly, and addressed my concerns. He even called to check on me to see how I was doing! Most importantly, he helped me get better as quickly as possible. I am very grateful.
Thank you for taking the time out of your day to write this kind message! I will be sure to pass along to the team here. Best, Sarah
in Richmond, VA |
Dr Hadfield Office performed surgery for my torn rotator cuff 2 1/2 months ago. He's personable explains things very well compassionate intelligent caring and informative. Overall he did a phenomenal job I could not imagine anyone doing better. I am ecstatic with the procedure the incisions and the progress due to him .. I would recommend him to everyone and would definitely select him again for another surgery . I would rate him A zillion stars .
Cathy - Thank you so much for taking the time to write such kind and appreciative words. I wish you all the best in your future. Best, Sarah
in Chesterfield VA |
Great guy Empathic, explains why is going on. A real rock star.
David - Thank you for taking the time to write such nice words! I will be sure to pass along to everyone here. Best, Sarah
in Matoaca, Virginia |
Would not have any other Ortho doctor.My husband and I both go to him. Great person as well as doctor. Great office staff also! Scott Dr.Hadfield's assistant is very hands on with the patients too! I would trust him to make decisions on my health care and my husbands if Dr. Hadfield happens to be out of the office. I live in Matoaca Va. and will drive to St. Francis before I would switch to anyone closer. I would recommend anyone to see Dr. Hadfield and his staff for their Orthopedic care!
Thank you for the kind message, Brenda! It is truly appreciated and I will be sure to pass along to everyone here. Best, Sarah
Midlothian, VA |
Great and friendly doctor! Explained my condition thoroughly and his recommended treatment took away all of my pain. Highly recommend!
These kind words are truly appreciated! Thank you for sharing with us.
in Chester, VA |
Dr. Hadfield has done a great job on my rotator cuff surgery, would recommend him to anyone that needs shoulder surgery or a check up on the shoulder area. Very professional explains the situation clearly and understandable and gives the best course of option. We need more physicians like him!!!!! His staff is GREAT.
We appreciate the feedback. Glad that you are doing so well.
in Ruther Glen, Va. 22546 |
I highly recommend Dr. Hadfield ! He performed rotator cuff surgery on my right shoulder. I have not had any trouble. His quick diagnois and recovery plan enabled me to have full mobility in less than a year. I trust him to perform my arthroscopic knee surgery which I will have soon.
Ernest, Thanks for your kind words. Great to see you doing so well. Mark
in Midlothian , VA |
Unfortunately I have had to visit Dr. Hadfield many times. He had repaired my right knee and shoulder and done an amazing job. Would recommend Mark to anybody looking for an orthopedic doctor.
Thomas, I too wish that you didn't have as many injuries as you have had. Glad we have been able to get you back to playing sports and doing what you enjoy. Mark
Amelia Court House, VA |
He is awesome. Fixed my elbow right on up. His staff is the best. I would recommend him and his team to everyone.
Appreciate your feedback. Great to hear from you. mark
in Crewe, VA |
Dr. Hadfield is a superior orthopedic surgeon. He has operated on my shoulder and both of my knees. He is honest and straight forward regarding diagnosis, surgery, and recovery. Dr. Hadfield is very professional and demonstrates a very caring attitude toward his patients. I would recommend him to anyone in search of excellent orthopedic care.
John, You are a great hard working patient. So happy that you have done so well and wish you didn't have the need for our care but glad we were able to be there for you and grateful that you are back to enjoying doing what you want to do. Mark
in Richmond, VA |
I saw Dr. Hadfield for shoulder surgery. Everything from the MRI/diagnosis to surgery and now recovery has gone very smoothly. My progress has been closely monitored by Dr. Hadfield as he is clearly very interested in my full recovery. i have no doubt that I chose the best doctor to do the surgery as Dr. Hadfield has the experience that I wanted in a doctor for something this involved. Any time I had questions, needed a prescription, etc., his staff was very responsive and helpful.
Awesome to hear that you have been so pleased with your care. We have a great team and I am blessed to have such wonderful people to work with here at OrthoVirginia. Mark
in Powhatan, VA |
I had surgery on my rotator cuff on October 18, 2016. Today is six weeks later and I am amazed by the range of movement acquired AND the lack of pain in doing so. I give all the credit to Dr. Hadfield and my physical therapists. I delayed surgery for years fearing a less than good result. Wrong, wrong, wrong! So pleased with Dr. Hadfield and his entire staff. Outstanding, professional and an excellent surgeon. I don't know how I could have done better. Highly recommended!
So happy that you are pleased. Grateful that you are feeling so much better and pray for your continued good health. Mark
in Richmond, VA |
Dr. Hadfield, and his staff took the time to listen to me as well as take care of and repair my rotator cuff injury. After my surgery I continued to experience severe pain. I can not than you enough for your persistence to find the source of my additional pain and then referring me to Dr. Kim. I would not hesitate to see you again or to refer friends and family. Thank you all so very much.
Thank you for allowing us to help you. So glad that you are feeling so much better. Mark
in Midlothian, VA |
I love Dr. Hadfield. He always takes his time to explains pros- and -cons about procedures. He already successfully operated on my left arm and is helping me currently with my right elbow. Highly recommended.
No fun to be in pain and so glad we could help you feel better. Mark
in Blackstone, VA |
Dr. Hadfield was easy to talk with explaining necessity of surgery. Very pleasant and answered all concerns.
in midlothian va |
listens well, esplanes so i understands, did my right shoulder 2012 healed great
John, Thanks for the opportunity to help you. So glad that you are doing well and appreciate the kind words. mark
in Crewe VA 23930 |
After I had an accident this spring. I had to have surgery on both my knees and a rotator cuff surgery. Dr. Hadfield was great during all these surgeries. I recommend him to anyone that needs surgery. Dr. Hadfield and his staff are exceptional. I would not hesitate to go back to him in the furture.
in Chesterfield, VA |
Dr. Hadfield is a very caring Doctor who lets you know he is listening. Second appointment with him. His PA and entire staff are patient. He has given me relief from pain and emotional support.
in Chestefield va |
Waited over a hour for him to come in diagnose me within 5 secs... don't waste your time
Lizzie, thank you for providing us feedback on the waiting time. Please accept our apology for your experience. Our executive staff takes all feedback from patients and families very seriously and this will be passed along to the office manager at our St. Francis location. Best, Sarah
in Petersburg, VA |
This was my first visit here. Intake staff were efficient and pleasant. I got an appointment the next day. Minimal waiting time. Dr. Hadfield was great and I found I did not need knee surgery and an injection removed pain that I had for over 5 months in less than 24 hours. Dr. Hadfield was very good at explaining the problem and choices. I would not hesitate to recommend him to my family and friends.
in Midlothian, VA |
Been seeing Dr. Hadfield for 3 years. He's done 3 different surgeries on me - all with outstanding results. He's very professional, conscientious and his team is outstanding.
in Petersburg, VA |
Dr. Hadfield is the best! He was so wonderful when I went to him with concerns about my foot! He is so nice and smart! His staff is wonderful as well! I cannot give him enough stars!
in Midlothian, VA |
I would recommend Dr. Hadfield for any shoulder or knee issue. I had rotator cuff surgery this past January and have had a good recovery from it. My wife also had knee replacement and her recovery was excellent. Dr. Hadfield is a very good communicator. And he is very open to discuss any aspect of his treatment plan and the options available.
in Powhatan, VA |
Excellent surgeon and very personable. I had shoulder replacement and it was very successful with very little discomfort. Will recommend him to anyone.
in Amelia Court House, VA |
Dr. Hadfield is kind and compassionate and a great communicator. His vast experience was immediately discerned and he knew exactly to deal with my shoulder problem. He is especially careful in relating to all age groups. He is a great asset to our community.
in Louisa, VA |
Dr. Hadfield is a real profession with a great bedside manner and a good listener. He makes you feel at ease and will keep you updated with your progress toward complete healing. This doctor knows what he is doing. I would recommend him 100%.
in Midlothian, VA |
My experience was very good.The doctor was very attentive to my health issues.
in Richmond, VA |
Dr. Hadfield has done three surgeries on my left shoulder. the first was for just normal wear and tear after 20 years of hockey abuse. the 2nd was due to a total tear of the rotator and labrum. the 3rd was after I reinjured the same shoulder. the shoulder is back in working order now. Dr. Hadfield was pretty clear after my last injury that I probably should hang up my skates to avoid further injury, but hey, I'm a hockey player.. and I trust him as my doctor to fix me up again WHEN time comes.
in Midlothian, VA |
We took our three year old daughter to Dr. Hadfield after she had broken her arm. He was very patient and professional, even though our daughter was in pain and not the best patient. He also throughly explained the break and spent ample time with us so that we could have all of our questions answered. We will definitely go to him for our future orthopedic needs.
in N Chesterfield, VA |
I was lucky to have been referred to Dr. Hatfield. I truly believe he has a gift for what he does. I had heard so many people complain after a similar surgery with their recovery process, mine was seamless, and I attribute it to his gift! His bedside manner is to be commended, he took the time to explain my procedure in detail and I appreciated that, also his staff was thoughtful and considerate. The reality is not all surgeons are the same, I would highly recommend Dr. Hatfield and his team
in Midlothian, VA |
Dr. Hadfield is an extraordinary doctor. I have seen him for a broken ankle and for rotator cuff surgery. He did a wonderful job and my body has fully recovered and I am very pleased with the results. I sent numerous people to him for the various orthopedic concerns that they have had and they have also been very pleased with the results. I recommend him to anybody seeking any type of treatment or surgery in the orthopedic field.
in Midlothian, VA |
It was great. I had tried another orthopedic doctor for my shoulder previously and he seemed to be in a hurry, hard to understand, and kept changing the prognosis without success. I went to Dr. Hadfield and it was just the opposite. Very down to earth and easy to talk to. Found the problem first visit. Scheduled the surgery which went smoothly. And the shoulder is 100%. Knows his stuff. i highly recommend him.
in Chesterfield, VA |
I tore my ACL while playing hockey. It was very important that I be able to continue to play after my surgery. Dr.Mark and his team did a great job with the surgery and managing my expectations of recovery. They said 6 months of rehab will have me back on the ice and, sure enough, I'm back playing now on 2 leagues and coaching clinics. Thanks again to everyone at Dr Mark Hatfields clinic.
Richmond, VA |
Dr. Hadfield took excellent care of me following a wrist fracture and surgery.
in Ruther Glen, VA |
Dr. Hadfield and staff were very friendly, took their time and answered any questions I had.
Richmond, VA |
Great surgeon! Fixed my shoulder so now I'm back to playing sports. Very good bedside manner too! Recommend him to anyone!
in Midlothian, VA |
Great job with getting me back to work to finish my career. Everything was explained as far as the procedure. All follow up appointments, staff was great and flexible! I plan on having Dr Hadfield do more needed work on me!
in Midlothian, VA |
Dr. Hadfield demonstrates knowledge, skill and empathy. He is an exceptional listener and communicates in a clear and concise manner.
in Midlothian, VA |
Great bedside manner. Successful surgery.
in Midlothian, VA |
Caring, listens well, was on time and has a great bed side manner. He put me at ease right away.
in Farmville, VA |
This is the second surgery that Dr. Hadfield has done on me and I am very satisfied and impressed with him and his work.
in Midlothian, VA |
Dr. Hadfield was super helpful as we went through the examination and reviewed what steps I could take. I really appreciated that he did not try to coerce me into having surgery. He gave me all of my options and we talked about what I wanted in terms of long-term health. He was very informative and clear. I did end up having surgery after hearing all of the information.
Have you seen Dr. Mark Hadfield, MD?

Compare Dr. Hadfield

Hi,

I dreamed of coming back close to where I was raised to help those with injuries or other conditions get their quality of life back. For the past 10 years, I have been able to live that dream and love what I do!

If you or a family member or someone that you treat as a physician is in need of orthopedic care please let me know.  I will do my best to get my patients on the road to recovery.

Dr. Hadfield's Care Philosophy

Your input into your health is the most important factor when considering care.

We look forward to being able to help you should you need our services.

Dr. Hadfield says...

I was very blessed to train at MCV/VCU. The group of physicians that I worked with there are second to none and I am very grateful to them for their excellent training and devotion to patients.

Working with Dr. Adelaar, Dr. Cardea, Dr. Boardman, Dr. Loughran, Dr. Foster, Dr. Patterson, Dr. Isaacs, Dr. Sharps, And Dr. Tuten prepared me well for treating patients of all ages with condiotns ranging from the most basic to the most complex. I want to say thanks to all of them for their dedication to teaching and for their friendship.

Training at MCV prepared me to take care of patients of all ages with minor and complicated injuries and conditions. I am grateful that I was able to train at an institution that had me truly prepared by the time I finished 10 years ago.

Training with Dr. Boardman who is a Mayo trained Shoulder and Elbow expert prepared me to take care of patients with injuries and chronic conditions affecting the shoulder and upper extremity.

Dr. Hadfield says...

The main focus of my practice consists of treatment of conditions affecting the shoulder and knee. Sports Medicine techniques can be utilized to treat the majority of these conditions arthroscopically.

Rotator cuff tears are one of the most common conditions I treat. These are repaired thru the scope almost always. I also treat labral tears, frozen shoulder, impingement syndrome, biceps tendon ruptures,  humerus, clavicle, and wrist fractures.

For arthritis of the shoulder I perform injections and if need be total shoulder and reverse total shoulder arthroplasty.

Knee conditions that I treat are meniscal tears, ACL tears, quadricep tendon and patellar tendon tears, patellar injuries and fractures.

For arthritic conditions affecting the knee I perform injections of steroids, Hyaluronic acid, and  total knee arthroplasty.

Other sports related injuries that I treat include ankle sprains, ankle fractures, Achilles tendon ruptures and tendonitis and 5th metatarsal fractures.

I treat patients of all ages.

Dr. Hadfield says...

Your feedback will be valuable for future patients and will be shared on-line.

If you need to reach us for anything you can contact me and my staff at 804 379 2414.

Mark H Hadfield M.D.

Dr. Hadfield's experience matches your search based on the following criteria:

•  Specializes in Orthopedic Surgery
  •  Board certified in Orthopedic Surgery

Dr. Hadfield has no media or publications listed.

No malpractice history found for Virginia.

Why It Matters: Dr. Hadfield's Board Certifications

• Internal Derangement of Knee
  • Knee Injuries
  • Knee Ligament Injuries
  • Knee Sprain
  • Lateral and Medial Epicondylitis (Tennis and Golf Elbow)
  • Rotator Cuff Injuries

McV Vcu

Completed in 2006

Brigham Young University

Graduated in 1995

Dr. Hadfield does not have any memberships or affiliations listed. If you are Dr. Hadfield and would like to add memberships or affiliations, please update your free profile.

• Orthopedic Arthroscopy