Dr. Mark Gorovoy, MD

OphthalmologyMaleAge 69

Dr. Mark Gorovoy, MD is a Ophthalmology Specialist in Fort Myers, FL and has over 48 years of experience in the medical field. Dr. Gorovoy has more experience with Ophthalmic Surgery than other specialists in his area. He graduated from George Washington U, School of Medicine medical school in 1973. He is affiliated with Cape Coral Hospital. Be sure to call ahead with Dr. Gorovoy to book an appointment.

Gorovoy MD Eye Specialists

3.7

60.91954022988506%
3.4482758620689653%

Dr. Gorovoy
He covered up for Dr Robin's the anesthesiologist he employed. When he administered an injection in the side of my eye he puctured the macular and when Dr Gorovoy came in to do the surgery I heard him say.... you pushed the whole eveball to the side. Dr Robbins replied alot of eye fluid came out....Dr Gorovoy then replied....I have to do the surgery to repair the eye or he will lose it...However the next day the patch came off and I was Blind from that day on..... in his notes he did not conclude that all the fluid that came out lowered the pressure to a dangerous level zero and then the pressure increased to 39 which caused the retina to detach. Dr Robbins claimed I coughed and the needle puctured the macular He sent me to a retina specialist who also used Dr Gorovoys surgery center and one of the nurses who assisted in the surgery said that it didn't happen that I never coughed...Now I function the best I Can with vision in one eye only... THANKS DR GOROVOY FOR NOT BEING HONEST.
Sep 01, 2021
What transpired as described here is not entirely...Read More
No recommendations from me. After meeting him for the first time last August 2020, and waiting over an hour past my appointment time, upon leaving, his receptionist set up a follow-up appointment for one year. On Friday August 13th 2021, late afternoon, I received my first reminder that I have an appt. that Monday, the 16th of August (Appt. made one year ago) His office was already closed Friday for me to cancel or reschedule. By that Thursday, just 3 days after missing the appointment I received a bill for a "No Show". In today's time of Covid, and with the new variant being spread so easily in our area, one would think a reminder might be sent a week in advance (especially for appointments made a year in advance). I was exposed to Covid on Saturday August 14th, 2020, and took a test, which takes 2-4 days to get results from. I will pay this bill, but will certainly not see DR. GOROVOY AGAIN.
  • Staff wasn't friendly
Brenda C Klauber – Aug 21, 2021
I had 4 cataract surgeries and 2 laser appointments. My first lens cost $10000. They were multifocal and was not enough explanation or patient interaction in choosing the lens. I could not see to drive for 3 months after those surgeries. The halos and light sensitivity was intense. I was given a $1000 return and had 2 different lens implanted. He said let me choose. Well my script in each eye is different and my close reading script is different with each lens so i can only read for a short time. I also still need glasses for driving and reading. My pressure after each surgery was very elevated and I was in a lot of pain, but still had to wait 3 hours for them to just install drops to reduce the pressure. It is a factory in the waiting room and not pleasant. I believe that if I had gone elsewhere I would be able to see better for what time I have left. And I paid a lot for a mistaken choice.
  • Didn't listen or answer questions
  • Didn't explain conditions well
  • Didn't trust the provider's decisions
Jun 17, 2021
I have been a patient since 2010 & didnt get services I was rendered & they are charging me & sending my account to collections & wont schedule another appt until that is payed. I went back 5 times for a hard contact lenses that their tech couldnt figure out how to fit me so I told them to forget about it I dont want them anymore & they are still charging me. On top of that their office screwed up 1 of the times & I had to take off work & wasted 4 hours of my day because they ordered the wrong hard contacts & are still charging me for the fitting. What a joke
Paul Fibbe – Jun 05, 2021
I would highly recommend Dr Gorovoy for any eye treatment or examination and consulting. I am a snowbird and have been unable to get satisfaction from doctors up north. I needed cataract surgery and was not getting good care in that regard from northern doctors when I met Dr Gorovoy who had the best examination process and equipment and staff that I ever experienced. And he immediately gave me confidence that he could make a substantial difference in my vision. And, he did just that!
Nov 03, 2020
I hate to even give him one star because he deserves none. Worst “bedside” manner ever!!! After waiting, every appt, at least 3 hours, you’re lucky to get maybe 5 minutes of his time and then stands up to leave. If you have questions, he stands in doorway to answer because he’s in such a hurry to get out the door. The last straw for me was when I took my Mom for office surgery for a sty that wouldn’t go away. Obviously, she was nervous. As she lay on the table, he walks in, no hello, how are you today, so what are we doing here today, nothing. Just picks up surgical tools and digs right in. My mother was so startled, and he was so rough with her. When finished, got up and walked out. I will never let either of my parents be seen by him again. He is rude and dismissive.
Debbie F – Jun 22, 2020
I am new to Florida as of 8/2019... Fortunate to find Dr Mark Gorovoy for a cataract surgery and most importantly a surgery / procedure to correct a problem I have affecting corneal cells ( Fuchs Dystrophy) . Where I had lived previously this was not available as an option .. Since here have found that Dr. Gorovoy is an expert at and pioneered the procedure that involved the corneal issue I have . Am so grateful.. the recovery went well and my vision is great .. Super job !
E . Hopkins – May 16, 2020
Excellent service. Had one cataract replaced with multi focal lense and had excellent results, 20/20 vision in that eye now. Am going in for second eye this Thursday. Everyone is extremely friendly in both offices. I believe he is a very fine doctor who is very serious about his work.
Michael Marsh – Mar 18, 2020
even when I had the first appointment of the day I was there for three hours never less . you're seen by several staff members before you get to see the doctor who spends about 5 minutes with you
Oct 01, 2019
Wait was a little long but I have found that with most doctors these days. I went to him for follow up on DMEK surgery and was pleased with the experience. Staff was efficient and so was doctor. Having been seen by many eye specialist over the years with my glaucoma, dry eye, cataracts, etc., I would definitely reccomend him. Would have liked a little more info such as cell count after the test but I forgot to ask.
May 24, 2019
He may be a very good doctor, but his policy’s are not good. Can’t get an appointment in a timely manner. Did my cataract surgery in 2015 and now having problems (blurred vision) and can’t get an appointment for four month as I have to start over as a new patient. If you go there you better be prepared to spend the whole day as your usually seen two hours later than appointment time.
  • Difficult to schedule appointment
  • Appointment was rushed
  • Didn't listen or answer questions
  • Didn't explain conditions well
Alexy in Ft myers, FL – Jan 23, 2019
Very good appointment. Well run operation. Knowledgeable staff. Adminittance a little light. I filled out a lot of paper handed to young lady. 15 min later they could not find my list of meds.
Joe in Cape coral, fl 33904 – Mar 27, 2018
I couldn’t be any more satisfied. I’ve already recommended you to family.
Mar 19, 2018
I was impressed with meeting him and he was easy to understand my Cateract situation. I have scheduled My first surgery in several weeks and For sure I will recommend him to My friends. He had removed both Cateracts from my husband two years ago and all went well.
Lenore lawrence in Barrington, Illinois 60010 – Jan 25, 2018
Dr. Gorovoy exudes competence, professionalism, experience,and calmness. The Gorovoy Eye Center is a beautiful, state-of-the art facility that operates like a well-oiled machine. The staff are personable and professional as well. I was so impressed, having driven from across the state based on Dr. Gorovoy’s reputation, that when I am ready for surgery, I will return to Dr. Gorovoy’s care.
Sue Mutter in Merritt Island, Florida – Jan 06, 2018
Very thorough. Answered my questions. Very professional.
Jan 03, 2018
my appt. was scdeduled @10:30am. - I finally left 2 hrs. later! Jen was the doctor's assistant who prepared me for Dr. Gorovoy; I want to request her when I return. very professional and personal at same time. Dr. Mark Gorovoy was friendly and positive attitude with my corneal transplants..cell count done showed a magnitude of cells,...yea! Happy Holidays...see you next year!
Judy in Punta Gorda – Dec 15, 2017
Dr Gorovoy did work on both of my eyes. I now see very well. I just completed my semi annual check up and everything looks great. I was very impressed that the wait time to complete the check up was half the wait as previous office visit. Good Job!
Terry Thomas in Cape Coral, FL – Nov 08, 2017
I’m so happy I choose Dr Gorovoy for my surgery. This was a tough decision to go forward with this eye surgery because you anticipate the worst. But I’m so happy and satisfied with the whole experience. The staff is very good too. I’m very fortunate to have found them. It was well worth the trip.
Joyce Malone in Naples, FL – Nov 07, 2017
An incredibly talented surgeon! The best decision you will ever make is seeing Dr. Mark Gorovoy.
Oct 09, 2017

How was your experience with Dr. Gorovoy?

• Ophthalmology