Dr. Mark A. Giovanini, MD

Dr. Mark A. Giovanini, MD

Neurosurgery | Male | 54 years old

Get rid of the pain and get back to what you love. As a board certified neurosurgeon, I focus on individual treatment plans for each of my patients. I specialize in ultra minimally invasive spinal surgeries so my patients can quickly return to enjoying their usual and customary lifestyles. To learn more about me and Neuromicrospine and view Patient stories go to http://markgiovanini.com/ and watch the videos.Read more

Dr. Giovanini's Experience

See how Dr. Giovanini's experience matches your preferences.

Visiting Dr. Giovanini

Dr. Giovanini accepts 16 insurance carriers

Check out the quality of care at the 4 hospitals where Dr. Giovanini has admitting privileges.

Hospital Quality Awards

10 – 15 minutes (82)
in pensacol,florida |
Excellent surgeon
in Pensacola, FL |
Giovanini did a great job on my back. He performed micro surgery on my L4-5 area to shave away bone that was pressing hard on my disc causing it to bulge out and press hard on my spinal column, causing extreme pain all the way down my legs and making it almost impossible to walk. It has been only three weeks since my surgery and I am doing great. He is very busy though,it takes awhile to get scheduled. His PA Melanie Pendergrass was a sweetheart and very informative and caring.
in Navarre, FL |
Found my spinal problem, could not do that procedure himself he found a surgeon that could. Followed up and I walk today. Thank you Dr. Mark.
in Baker, FL |
Everyone was very helpful and explained everything great! I had a c5-c6 fusion and am very happy about how good I felt after I woke up from surgery!! Arm numbness was completely gone along with headaches! The cornerstone surgicare he uses is wonderful too! Those nurses are so sweet.
in Navarre, FL |
I would like to thank this doctor for doing everything to try to make my pain go away, after three neck surgeries in two years yes trust this man with my life and his staff are the best. Dr. GIO'S PA Keith is a rock star and the office staff is great. Give them a break patients are in pain and have mostly bad attitudes so they can sometimes have a cranky attitude
in Crestview, FL |
Dr. Gio is an excellent surgeon but his staff, especially his office manager, needs some work. Dr. Gio likes to get straight to the point and get down to business. He isn't a really personable person but you can count on him to do an excellent job on whatever procedure you're getting done. I had to have L5 S1 fusion with a spacer installed. I am just over 6 weeks post op and almost all the pain I had before is gone and I can finally sleep through the night for the first time in 5years.
Pensacola, FL |
He came highly recommended however, it took two months to get in to see him, I had to wait for a very long time in an extremely uncomfortable examination room - no comfy chairs for back patients? - and when he did finally show he was very impatient and I had to keep asking him questions to get any information from him. He was in the room for a total of maybe 10 minutes and couldn't wait to leave. I think he wasn't interested in me because I didn't require surgery, just physical therapy.
in Pensacola, FL |
Dr. Giovanini performed a bilateral lumbar laminectomy on me almost 2 months ago. I could barely walk before the procedure and i am now able to do anything with zero pain. From my first appointment with Melanie Pendergrass through the surgery, and the follow up appointment with Dr Giovanine, i rate everyone five stars. They gave me my life back. I would like to thank the office staff, surgery scheduler, and the surgery team. They were outstanding.
Nashville, TN |
Dr g may be a good surgeon but his office staff is very unprofessional and rude . Especially his office mangager . We where not told until showing up for surgery that he does not accept TRI WEST as a primary insurance. Nobody ever informed us and the surgery was planned since April of this year. His office manager came out with my husbands paperwork to discuss his problem in front of everybody
in Lillian, AL |
dr. Giovanni , explained and showed me exactly what my problem was , and was able to fix my problem . I would recommend a visit to anyone .
in Fort Walton Beach, Florida |
Dr. Giovanini has been a true blessing in my life. Several months ago I suffered an incapacitating injury to my lower back. My pain was excruciating It radiated from my back down my leg and into my foot & nothing I could do provided any relief. Following my exam, my minimally invasive surgery was done the next week and afterwards my pain was GONE! 6 weeks later, I am completely healed and never felt better! I recommend Dr. Giovanini - his compassion & expertise were life changing for me!
in Pace, FL |
During my most recent procedure with this office, I had multiple issues with scheduling appts, my procedure, follow up appts. etc. My 4 week follow up ended up being 9 weeks. When I went for the follow up appt, the PA had not even read the notes from my procedure. Overall very unsatisfied with the process and the outcome of my procedure. Basically, I was referred back to pain management without being given any other options. I also had a very poor surgical experience, lots of bruising and blood.
Navarre, FL |
I have had a couple of surgeries by this doctor and would never go anywhere else if I needed this type of expertise. I had no problem with his bedside manner, he seemed nice and concerned, ok so he can be Intimidating but I really believe he does not mean it. He will answer questions if you just ask. Straight forward not there to be your BFF.
in Pensacola, FL |
Though I was warned that Dr Gio wasn't very easy to talk to and wasn't very communicative, I had no such problems. He explained exactly what the problem was an what needed to be done to fix it. He came to speak with me both before and after the surgery. He was able to completely realign that portion of my spine and take all pressure off my sciatic nerve. I now have no sciatic pain whatsoever and I can now stand up straight. I have no regrets about opting for surgery with Dr Gio.
Have you seen Dr. Mark A. Giovanini, MD?
Are you Dr. Giovanini?

Compare Dr. Giovanini

Dr. Giovanini's Care Philosophy

Dr. Giovanini's experience matches your search based on the following criteria:

•  Specializes in Neurosurgery
  •  Board certified in Neurosurgery

Dr. Giovanini has no media or publications listed.

Why It Matters: Dr. Giovanini's Board Certifications

• Hormone Imbalance
  • Hydrocephalus
  • Lumbar Spine Fracture
  • Meningiomas
  • Nerve Root Injury and Plexus Disorders (incl. Pinched Nerve)
  • Osteosarcoma

Shands Hospital at the University of Florida

Completed in 1999

University of Oregon

Graduated in 1985

Dr. Giovanini does not have any memberships or affiliations listed. If you are Dr. Giovanini and would like to add memberships or affiliations, please update your free profile.

• Neurosurgery

• Dural Repair or Other Spinal Cord Repair
  • Epidural Block, Facet Blocks
  • Herniated Disc Surgery
  • Incision and Removal of Foreign Object
  • Lamina Procedures (incl. Laminectomy, Laminoplasty, Laminotomy)
  • Lumbar Disc Replacement