Dr. Mark Giovanini, MD

Neurological Spine Surgery ·  Male · Age 56

Dr. Giovanini

Dr. Mark Giovanini, MD is a neurological spine surgery specialist in Pensacola, FL and has been practicing for 20 years. He graduated from Oregon Health Sciences University in 1991 and specializes in neurological spine surgery and neurosurgery.

Make an appointment

Dr. Giovanini accepts

Dr. Giovanini accepts the following insurance:

Blue Cross Blue Shield of Florida
Group Plan PPO
Coventry Health Care of Florida
Employer Group Open Access HMO
Golden Rule
Government Employees Health Association (GEHA)
GEHA
HealthFirst
Mail Handlers Benefit Plan (MHBP)
Tricare
TriCare for Life

No malpractice claims found for Florida

Check Dr. Giovanini's experience treating your condition or procedure

Dr. Giovanini treats this condition more than 100% of his peers

Myelopathy

Dr. Giovanini treats Myelopathy more than 98% of his peers

Dr. Giovanini treats this condition more than 98% of his peers

Rating Includes other areas of care:

• Autoimmune Myelopathy

• Epidural Block, Facet Blocks
  • Herniated Disc Surgery
  • Hormone Imbalance
  • Image-Guided Spine Surgery
  • Lamina Procedures (incl. Laminectomy, Laminoplasty, Laminotomy)
  • Lumbar Disc Replacement
  • Stereotactic Radiosurgery
  • Stereotactic Radiosurgery, Spinal or Cranial
  • Stereotactic Surgery
  • Total Disc Replacement

Get rid of the pain and get back to what you love. As a board certified neurosurgeon, I focus on individual treatment plans for each of my patients. I specialize in ultra minimally invasive spinal surgeries so my patients can quickly return to enjoyi...

• Neurological Spine Surgery

3.7

Dr. Giovanini?
Dr. Giovanini's Performance
What People Say About Dr. Mark Giovanini, MD
Once he does surgery there is only a postop follow-up and no mention of physical therapy, home exercises or any explanation on what to expect in the future. His staff is rude and don't help and hard to get a hold of. You are lucky to get two minutes with this guy, needs a new personality.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Mark Giovanini, MD?
Like many surgeons Dr Gio has a misconception that he is God! He overtalks you and has his opinion formed before he ever meets you. I’m certain many of us ex patients have paid him much money and he is probably very wealthy to his standards. One day he will be held accountable for his actions and rude behavior! He has very poor people skills and rude bedside manners and 18 years after his surgery I still have pain!!
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Mark Giovanini, MD?
He is horrible!!! Will never go to see him again. He did not explain anything to me, he spent maybe a good 5 minutes with me and then lied about part of my surgery. I never even got to see him again post op.His nurse was Very rude.She needs to go home. The only good experience I had was his very professional PA. Keith and the lady who schedules his appt.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Mark Giovanini, MD?
A friend of mine recommended Dr. Gio, after his successful surgery. I am seven weeks post op and am extremely happy with the outcome. I would fully recommend Dr. Gio to anyone in need of lower back surgery.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Mark Giovanini, MD?
September 2013 I started having problems with my neck. I delayed being seen until 2015. I had pain in my right arm/hand and neurological deficit so bad I could not hold anything in my right hand. October 2015 Dr. Giovinini performed outpatient surgery on C-3. Post surgery I had no symptoms or neuroligical deficit what so ever and I was back to work in 5 days. To date January 20, 2018 I am still doing great! I wish I would have been seen and had the surgery much earlier.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Mark Giovanini, MD?
He did a fusion on L4-L5 in 2016. I am in more pain now than before. At my 6week check up he did not even see me . His nurse did. It has been a year and 5 months later and with all the checkups that I have been to, he has only seen me 1 time. I was having to pay copays just to see a nurse. I am currently under the care of a pain management dr to see what and where the pain is coming from. Also being sent to another neurosurgeon for second opinion. I have wasted money and time at this office!!
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Mark Giovanini, MD?
Dr Giovanni did back surgery on me & I was in more pain after the surgery than before, for over a year. I am still going to pain management. He & his staff were very rude & he argued with me about several things concerning my health. I finally walked out & didn’t go back.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Mark Giovanini, MD?
He is an excellent surgeon. Bedside manner could be better. Would not keep me from seeing him again or recommending him.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Mark Giovanini, MD?
I feel no pain just a little pain from the neck where my insignificant and tune were.the staff was awesome I love them especially Chelsea med assistant .Tisha surgical scheduler.keith physicians assistant and last but not least Melanie nurse anesthesiologist. The staff at cornerstone where my procedure was done where just as nice and respectful. THANK YOU DR. GIOVANINI AND STAFF.IM ISA CHAPRON AND I HAVEN'T FELT THIS GOOD IN A LONG TIME and thank you so much Chelsea medical assitant.Godbless.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Mark Giovanini, MD?
Dr Giovanini was great in answering all questions that I had, was straight to the point, put me at ease about any of my concerns that I had before surgery. He explained the procedure clearly. I had been in pain for over 15 years with 4 vertebrae in my neck. After my surgery I absolutely feel like a different person being pain free, no more limited range of motion, no feeling like my neck was stuck or pain going down my arms and numbness in my fingers, or headaches. My surgery was a success.
Excellent surgeon
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Mark Giovanini, MD?
Giovanini did a great job on my back. He performed micro surgery on my L4-5 area to shave away bone that was pressing hard on my disc causing it to bulge out and press hard on my spinal column, causing extreme pain all the way down my legs and making it almost impossible to walk. It has been only three weeks since my surgery and I am doing great. He is very busy though,it takes awhile to get scheduled. His PA Melanie Pendergrass was a sweetheart and very informative and caring.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Mark Giovanini, MD?
Found my spinal problem, could not do that procedure himself he found a surgeon that could. Followed up and I walk today. Thank you Dr. Mark.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Mark Giovanini, MD?
Everyone was very helpful and explained everything great! I had a c5-c6 fusion and am very happy about how good I felt after I woke up from surgery!! Arm numbness was completely gone along with headaches! The cornerstone surgicare he uses is wonderful too! Those nurses are so sweet.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Mark Giovanini, MD?
Dr. Gio is an excellent surgeon but his staff, especially his office manager, needs some work. Dr. Gio likes to get straight to the point and get down to business. He isn't a really personable person but you can count on him to do an excellent job on whatever procedure you're getting done. I had to have L5 S1 fusion with a spacer installed. I am just over 6 weeks post op and almost all the pain I had before is gone and I can finally sleep through the night for the first time in 5years.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Mark Giovanini, MD?
He came highly recommended however, it took two months to get in to see him, I had to wait for a very long time in an extremely uncomfortable examination room - no comfy chairs for back patients? - and when he did finally show he was very impatient and I had to keep asking him questions to get any information from him. He was in the room for a total of maybe 10 minutes and couldn't wait to leave. I think he wasn't interested in me because I didn't require surgery, just physical therapy.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Mark Giovanini, MD?
Dr. Giovanini performed a bilateral lumbar laminectomy on me almost 2 months ago. I could barely walk before the procedure and i am now able to do anything with zero pain. From my first appointment with Melanie Pendergrass through the surgery, and the follow up appointment with Dr Giovanine, i rate everyone five stars. They gave me my life back. I would like to thank the office staff, surgery scheduler, and the surgery team. They were outstanding.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Mark Giovanini, MD?
Dr g may be a good surgeon but his office staff is very unprofessional and rude . Especially his office mangager . We where not told until showing up for surgery that he does not accept TRI WEST as a primary insurance. Nobody ever informed us and the surgery was planned since April of this year. His office manager came out with my husbands paperwork to discuss his problem in front of everybody
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Mark Giovanini, MD?
dr. Giovanni , explained and showed me exactly what my problem was , and was able to fix my problem . I would recommend a visit to anyone .
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Mark Giovanini, MD?
Dr. Giovanini has been a true blessing in my life. Several months ago I suffered an incapacitating injury to my lower back. My pain was excruciating It radiated from my back down my leg and into my foot & nothing I could do provided any relief. Following my exam, my minimally invasive surgery was done the next week and afterwards my pain was GONE! 6 weeks later, I am completely healed and never felt better! I recommend Dr. Giovanini - his compassion & expertise were life changing for me!
Show more reviews

How was your experience with Dr. Giovanini?

Neuromicrospine

• Sat: closed

Check the quality of care at hospitals where Dr. Giovanini treats patients.

Baptist Hospital