Dr. Mark Giovanini, MD

Dr. Mark Giovanini, MD

Neurological Spine Surgery  ·
Dr. Mark Giovanini, MD is a neurological spine surgery specialist in Pensacola, FL and has been practicing for 19 years. He graduated from Oregon Health Sciences University in 1991 and specializes in neurological spine surgery and neurosurgery.Read his story

4012 N 9th Ave

Pensacola, FL 32503

• Blue Cross Blue Shield of Florida
  • CHAMPVA
  • Coventry Health Care of Florida

Learn about Dr. Giovanini

See how frequently Dr. Giovanini performs your care needs compared to other doctors.

Low Back Pain
Myelopathy
Spinal Reconstructive Surgery for Deformities

Dr. Giovanini's percentages are based on the rate of treatment compared to peers nationwide from insurance data. Learn more info about our data and this Top Care Areas component.

Dr. Giovanini's bio

This content was provided by Dr. Giovanini "Mark Giovanini, M.D. is from Portland, Oregon and received his undergraduate degree in Biochemistry at the University of Oregon. Dr. Giovanini later received a fellowship from the American Heart Association to complete research at Oregon Health Sciences University. At the completion of his research, he attended medical school at Oregon Health Sciences University where he received his medical doctorate. Dr. Giovanini's neurosurgical training was completed at the University of Florida at Shands Hospital where he studied under premier neurosurgeons. While at Shands, Dr. Giovanini developed research models for spinal cord injury, which eventually led to the first spinal cord transplant in humans. Minimally Invasive Spine (MIS) surgery became a primary focus of Dr. Giovanini while in residency training. Throughout his practice, Dr. Giovanini has continually promoted and helped develop many aspects of MIS. He has been a consultant for many of the major spine companies to teach MIS techniques both to Neurosurgeons and Orthopedic Surgeons around the World. Dr. Giovanini brought MIS surgery to the Gulf Coast. He has performed hundreds of outpatient minimally invasive spine procedures transforming inpatient traditional open procedures at major hospitals to outpatient minimally invasive spine surgeries at ambulatory surgery centers. Dr. Giovanini has expanded his minimally invasive spine practice to the by incorporating Wellness medicine to include iPerformance Physical Therapy and iLifestyle Gulf Coast. The unique combination enhances patient's recovery from neck and back injuries by focusing on physical conditioning, hormone balance, and nutrition. Neuromicrospine features pain management and anti-aging specialists completing the holistic approach to spine care."

This content was provided by Dr. Giovanini "Get rid of the pain and get back to what you love. As a board certified neurosurgeon, I focus on individual treatment plans for each of my patients. I specialize in ultra minimally invasive spinal surgeries so my patients can quickly return to enjoying their usual and customary lifestyles. To learn more about me and Neuromicrospine and view Patient stories go to http://markgiovanini.com/ and watch the videos."

• Neurological Spine Surgery

• Shands Hospital at the University of Florida
    Internship Hospital | Completed 1992
  • Shands Hospital at the University of Florida
    Residency Hospital | Completed 1999

Dr. Giovanini has no media or publications listed.

Dr. Giovanini does not have any memberships or affiliations listed. If you are Dr. Giovanini and would like to add memberships or affiliations, please update your profile.

Dr. Giovanini's Reviews

Likelihood to recommend Dr. Giovanini

3.7

25.510204081632654%

Dr. Giovanini?
Dr. Giovanini's Performance
What People Say About Dr. Mark Giovanini, MD
He is horrible!!! Will never go to see him again. He did not explain anything to me, he spent maybe a good 5 minutes with me and then lied about part of my surgery. I never even got to see him again post op.His nurse was Very rude.She needs to go home. The only good experience I had was his very...Read More
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Mark Giovanini, MD?
A friend of mine recommended Dr. Gio, after his successful surgery. I am seven weeks post op and am extremely happy with the outcome. I would fully recommend Dr. Gio to anyone in need of lower back surgery.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Mark Giovanini, MD?
September 2013 I started having problems with my neck. I delayed being seen until 2015. I had pain in my right arm/hand and neurological deficit so bad I could not hold anything in my right hand. October 2015 Dr. Giovinini performed outpatient surgery on C-3. Post surgery I had no symptoms or...Read More
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Mark Giovanini, MD?
He did a fusion on L4-L5 in 2016. I am in more pain now than before. At my 6week check up he did not even see me . His nurse did. It has been a year and 5 months later and with all the checkups that I have been to, he has only seen me 1 time. I was having to pay copays just to see a nurse. I am...Read More
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Mark Giovanini, MD?
Dr Giovanni did back surgery on me & I was in more pain after the surgery than before, for over a year. I am still going to pain management. He & his staff were very rude & he argued with me about several things concerning my health. I finally walked out & didn’t go back.
Show more reviews

How was your experience with Dr. Giovanini?