Orthopedic Surgery  |
Dr. Mark Galland, MD
Dr. Mark Galland, MD is an orthopedic surgery doctor who practices in Raleigh, NC. He is 50 years old and has been practicing for 23 years. Dr. Galland is affiliated with Duke Health Raleigh Hospital.

11200 Governor Manly Way Ste 309

Raleigh, NC 27614

Dr. Mark Galland, MD

• Accepts most major Health Plans. Please contact our office for details.

Learn about Dr. Galland

My approach to treating patients is simple, systematic and personal. The first and most important step is LISTENING. I will listen carefully to your history, to your symptoms, and to your complaints. I will then perform a thorough, focused examination. Subsequently,I will develop a treatment plan that begins with alleviation of your pain and discomfort. Next, Patient EDUCATION regarding the condition, the treatment options, and the prognosis assumes paramount importance. Steadfast to my Hippocratic Oath of "First, do no harm," I prefer to exhaust all non-operative options prior to rendering a recommendation for surgical intervention. Although my scope of practice includes the full spectrum of musculoskeletal injury and disease, I have extensive training and practice experience in sports medicine and in all manner of "minimally invasive" and arthroscopic procedures. Athletes and injuries sustained in athletic pursuits are the primary focus of my practice.

Dr. Galland's Experience

Dr. Galland's experience matches your search based on the following criteria:
  • Specializes in Orthopedic Surgery
  • Board certified in Orthopaedic Sports Medicine, Orthopedic Surgery and Sports Medicine

• Sports Medicine

• Foot Fracture
  • Foot Sprain
  • Foot and Ankle Disorders
  • Foot and Ankle Injuries
  • Fracture of Hand (incl. Fingers)
  • Ganglion Cyst
  • Knee Injuries
  • Knee Pain
  • Knee Sprain
  • Laceration
  • Lateral and Medial Epicondylitis (Tennis and Golf Elbow)
  • Leg Fracture Below Knee (incl. Ankle)
  • Leg Pain
  • Ligament Sprain
  • Ligament Tears
  • Lumbar Spine Fracture
  • Lupus
  • Medial Collateral Ligament (MCL) Sprain
  • Meniscus Tear
  • Nerve Root Injury and Plexus Disorders (incl. Pinched Nerve)
  • Non-Unions and Malunions of Fractures
  • Osgood Schlatter Disease
  • Osteoarthritis of Hand or Wrist
  • Osteoarthritis of Hands
  • Osteoarthritis of Hip and Thigh
  • Osteochondritis Dissecans
  • Partially Dislocated Elbow (Nursemaid Elbow)
  • Patella Tendon Tears
  • Stress Fracture
  • Tarsal Tunnel Syndrome
  • Tendon Injuries
  • Tendonitis
  • Tennis Elbow (Lateral Epicondylitis)
  • Throwing Injuries

• Knee Replacement Revision
  • Knee Surgery
  • Knee and Lower Leg Fracture Treatment, Closed
  • Partial Knee Replacement
  • Platelet-Rich Plasma Injection (PRP)
  • Posterior Heel Spur Surgery
  • Rotator Cuff Surgery
  • Shoulder Fracture Treatment
  • Shoulder Fracture and Dislocation Treatment
  • Trigger Finger Release
  • Viscosupplementation With Hyaluronate
  • Wrist Replacement

No malpractice history found for North Carolina.

• Louisiana State University

• Outstanding Paper, 1998
  • Merck Award for Outstanding Performance as a Medical Student, 1998
  • William Sherman Award for Outstanding Resident, 1999
  • Outstanding Research Presentation, 1999

Dr. Galland does not have any memberships or affiliations listed. If you are Dr. Galland and would like to add memberships or affiliations, please update your profile.

Dr. Galland's Reviews

Likelihood of recommending Dr. Galland to family and friends
4.5
Dr. Galland's Performance
in Raleigh NC |
I just want to say Thanks to Dr. Galland at OSNC. He is Outstanding! Great surgeon and excellent bedside manner. Very informative and supportive. I have been truly blessed to have him & his staff take such great care of me. Would definitely recommend him to family & friends. Angela Lewis
in Raleigh NC |
Had follow up with Dr Galland after shoulder surgery. He patiently explained what he found and what he did. H told me his expectations for recovery and emphasized the importance of doing my home therapy Happy to have him as my surgeon
in Youngsville, NC |
This was my first visit to Dr. Galland. Loved his personality. He took the time to fully and simply explain my problem. Then he reviewed what I could do to help myself followed by what he could do to help me.
in Wake Forest, NC |
He is very knowledgable dr. for his field. Over all very good experiance with him .
in Rocky Mount, NC |
I have been a patient for some years -- Dr. Galland has treated me for a number of painful issues very effectively. It is wonderful to have a doctor so caring he is willing to try to fix pain with minimally invasive procedures. I admire and respect this young very competent doctor. Highly recommend him!
in Raleigh, NC |
Really enjoyed my appointment - got the clarity I needed on what is causing my issues and how move forward.
in Raleigh, NC |
Dr Galland is awesome and very knowledgeable . I saw him at the Wakefield office which is very busy..He is quick but also takes the necessary time with you and listens to your concerns & problems in a professional manor. I highly recommend him for your ortho needs.
in Raleigh, NC |
Dr. Galland is a cutting edge surgeon in orthopaedics. Upon discovering that my daughter needed an ACL reconstruction, he came highly recommended by several orthopaedic doctors. During our initial visit with Galland, he was extremely generous with his time, explaining in great detail in layman's terms what my daughter's surgery would entail. I cannot say enough about the level of care and professionalism we received at the hands of Dr. Galland and his staff.
in warrenton, NC |
I have been treated by dr. galland several times and had surgery 3 times. excellent surgeon. one of the best orthapedic surgeons available. if you want a excellent orthapedist he is the one to see. explains your condition in a way you can understand and gives several options before surgery. see this one if you want a really good Dr. I would always see him for my problems.
in Raleigh, NC |
I saw Dr. Galland on an emergency basis after an elbow injury in a fall. I was seen very quickly upon my arrival to his office and his staff was courteous and helpful. Dr. Galland was very knowledgeable and had my arm x-rayed, examined, and splinted within 30 minutes of my arrival. The follow up appointment was just as smooth. I highly recommend Dr. Galland!
in Raleigh, NC |
I had rotator cuff surgery by Dr Galland and after 5 weeks, I am doing very well thanks to the good care I have received. I am so pleased with everything about this doctor and his lovely PA Beth who has been so great.
in Raleigh, NC |
Dr Galland and his staff treat you like a member of the family. It is really great to feel like you are the most important patient of the day no matter when you are seen by him or his staff. I have been to his office for several "weekend warrior" injuries from baseball and have received awesome care and rehab for the injuries. I would highly recommend Dr Galland as his bedside manner, his knowledge, and his follow up are first class.
in Raleigh, NC |
My daughter is a college athlete and she had an injury on the soccer field. Dr. Galland's office worked with me to have her seen on her fall break. He confirmed a tear in the MCL, LCL and possible meniscus tear. After meeting Dr. Galland, my daughter and I were thoroughly confident in his abilities and scheduled surgery. He and the office were able to squeeze us in over the Thanksgiving break. My daughter received excellent treatment and care and is recovering nicely!
in Raleigh, NC |
I prefer not to see a doctor who doesn't see you prior to having a non-medical assistant order x-rays. Also, I prefer to not see a doctor who sees 80 patients in a day. I prefer someone who treats a person with respect. I prefer a doctor who is thorough. I prefer a doctor who does diagnostics such as actually feeling your arm, hands , etc... You know, regular basic medical assessment. This guy is awful and I would rather eat coal than ever see anyone else subjected to this type of assault.
Hi June, Your comment is very important to us at OrthoNC. Please call us at 919-562-9410 and ask for Emily Payne, Practice Administrator. I regret that you were not satisfied with the performance of our clinic and we would like to turn this around. Thank you for taking the time to tell us about your experience.
in Wake Forest, NC |
Dr Galland is the best ortho doctor around by far, however his office managers and fellow practitioners are ruining his practice. My experience with his pain management nurse and that program was horrible, as they refuse to return phone calls. These are the most uncaring and arrogant people that I have seen in the medical field, and I am sad to see such a good doctor pulled down by such an uncompassionate and irresponsible bunch of discontents.
Hi, Your comment is very important to us at OrthoNC. Please call us at 919-562-9410 and ask for Emily Payne, Practice Administrator. I regret that you were not satisfied with the performance of our clinic and would like to turn this around. Thank you for taking the time to tell us about your experience.
in Raleigh, NC |
Great experience all around. Appointments are easy to make, the staff is pleasant, Dr. Galland was spot on with my knee surgery and I haven't had an issue since. It's been 2 years. I would absolutely recommend.
in Raleigh, NC |
Dr. Galland is awesome. I actually work with him, so he was my obvious choice when I needed surgery on my elbow. He did a terrific job and my surgery was a success. I have worked along beside him taking care of other patients, but when it became my turn to be the patient I have nothing but praises for Dr. Galland and his amazing OR team!!!!
in Wake Forest, NC |
Dr. Galland did my Bromstom reconstruction surgery for the torn ligament in my ankle and is a wonderful surgeon. I also appreciate that other members in the medical community that I know use them as their surgeon and had recommended him to me. I haven't seen him in the last two years but I am going to call for an appointment about my painful knees this week.
Have you seen Dr. Mark Galland, MD?

Visit Dr. Galland

Evening
Saturday
Dr. Galland accepts 1 insurance carrier
  • Accepts most major Health Plans. Please contact our office for details.

Hospitals where Dr. Galland has admitting privileges