Dr. Mark Friedberg, MD

Dr. Mark Friedberg, MD

Ophthalmology  |
Dr. Mark Friedberg, MD is an ophthalmology doctor who practices in Red Bank, NJ. He is 57 years old and has been practicing for 31 years.

70 E Front St Fl 4

Red Bank, NJ 07701

• EmblemHealth
  • Horizon Blue Cross Blue Shield of New Jersey
  • Oxford Health Plans
  • QualCare

Learn about Dr. Friedberg

See how frequently Dr. Friedberg performs your care needs compared to other doctors.

Eye Surgery
Diabetic Retinopathy
Retina Diseases

Dr. Friedberg's percentages are based on the rate of treatment compared to peers nationwide from insurance data. Learn more info about our data and this Top Care Areas component.

• Ophthalmology

• Central Serous Chorioretinopathy
  • Chalazion
  • Chorioretinal Scars
  • Chorioretinitis
  • Choroidal Neovascular Membranes (CNVM)
  • Chronic Endophthalmitis
  • Conjunctival Hemorrhage
  • Corneal Diseases
  • Corneal Ulcer
  • Degenerative Disorders of Globe
  • Diabetic Macular Edema (DME)
  • Diabetic Retinopathy
  • Retinal Dystrophy
  • Retinal Hemorrhage
  • Retinal Neovascularization
  • Retinal Vein Occlusion
  • Retinopathy of Prematurity (ROP)
  • Retinoschisis

• Keratomileusis
  • Ocular Prosthetics
  • Removal of Foreign Body from External Eye
  • Repair of Retinal Detachment or Retinal Tear
  • Vitrectomy (incl. Macular Hole Repair)
  • Vitreoretinal Surgery

No malpractice history found for New Jersey.

• Univ Of Pa Sch Of Med
    Medical School | Graduated 1986
  • Wills Eye Hosp
    Residency Hospital | Completed 1990
  • Wash Natl Eye/Hosp Ctr
    Fellowship Hospital | Completed 1991

Dr. Friedberg has no media or publications listed.

Dr. Friedberg does not have any memberships or affiliations listed. If you are Dr. Friedberg and would like to add memberships or affiliations, please update your profile.

Dr. Friedberg's Reviews

Likelihood of recommending Dr. Friedberg to family and friends
4.5
Dr. Friedberg's Performance
in Cliffwood Beach, NJ |
Now I see why all the 5-star reviews. Travelled a little out of my area because I heard he was the best. He is.
in New Jersey |
3 years ago Dr. Friedberg restored my eyesight from Proliferative Diabetic Retinopathy in my left eye and now 3 year later he has done the same in my right from PDR. Both surgeries very successful and with no complication. I am incredibly grateful for his expertise. I would highly recommend him to anyone in need of an eye specialist. Thank you Dr. Friedberg...
Matawan, NJ |
High marks for Mark Friedberg!!! he works with the patient to find the best solution, his success rate of surgeries is very high. He gives feedback to both patient and patient's family member after the surgery and his office follows up to make sure everything is going as planned. Everyone in the office is very efficient and friendly.
in Freehold, NJ |
Dr Friedberg has saved my vision in one eye and drastically improved the vision in the other. Between both eyes I’ve had 4 actual surgeries and countless other procedures. Dr Friedberg carefully explains each procedure he suggests, including the risks. My last one came with some increased risks but I felt absolutely no anxiety because I wasn’t in his care.
in Asbury Park, NJ |
Never had surgery or been hospitalized. Had emergency eye surgery very near the point of no return from losing the eye. To sum it up, Dr Friedberg after 2 procedures restored my vision to better than my other eye. Passionate about his trade & just an all around good man.
in Freehold, NJ |
Dr Friedberg is excellent, the best. I am extremely nears sighted and have had retinal issues in both eyes: detached retina left eye, giant tears right eye - he has repaired them all.
in Point Pleasant Beach NJ |
Excellent Physician. Dr Friedberg is a "expert". I had no ill effects from the procedure whatsoever. No need for glasses. I recommend him very highly..
in Englishtown, NJ |
Recently saw Dr. Friedberg for retinal tears. after 2 surgeries everything is going nicely/
in Leonardo, NJ |
Dr. Friedberg is kind, caring and a wonderful surgeon. My cataract surgery was performed without a hitch,I was surrounded by a warmhearted staff who elevated any anxiety Issues I had. Very happy with results.
in Old Bridge NJ |
Wonderful care. Everything explained throughly and follow-up care is great! Very busy office but time for courteously attending to each patient! Anthony Carbone
in Belford, NJ |
I had an excellent experience with Dr. Friedberg and staff at the center. Great results with a cataract extraction, everything was explained to me along the way. I felt very comfortable and the results are perfect.
Englishtown, NJ |
My mother saw Dr.Michael Friedberg for multiple retinal tears in one of her eyes. From the moment we walked in, we were very pleased by the sheer kindness, efficiency, patience and friendliness of everyone from the front desk (Cory and Sue!) to the nurses and the doctor. Dr. Friedberg diagnosed and treated my mom with accuracy, precision and professionalism. Above all, his nobility and humility are truly heartwarming and a rarity these days. Highly recommend him!
Dr. Friedberg saved the vision in my eye and I will be forever thankful. He always explains the problem and how he can correct it. I would highly recommend him.
in red bank nj 07701 |
had good experience with doctor. staff treated me good. i would to thank dr. friedberg for the excelent care thank ed oneil
Point Pleasant Beach, NJ |
Eye came out completely bloodshot, had an eyeball irritation that lasted 3 weeks. Also had a rare condition called negative dysphotopsia, which he refused to acknowledge. I went to another doctor for the other eye 2 years later---no bloodshot eye, no irritation, and complete discussion about negative dysphotopsia. Also found out that the "special" $1000 lens from Friedberg is considered to be fairly "useless". New doctor suggested I should ask for a refund!
in Red Bank, NJ |
Dr. Friedberg inspires trust & confidence. He is skillful, efficiently informative and clear. He has been very reliable in getting back to me to answer questions I've had between appointments.
in Woodbridge, NJ |
Doctor Friedberg saved my sight in my eyes. He is a very competent and caring professional. I highly recommend him .
in OLD BRIDGE |
dr. Mark Friedberg is aces!! ..i would give him 23 stars if i could
Middletown, NJ |
Out of one thousand actors only five will be great. Out of one thousand doctors only five will be great, however they all will all be paid as if they're great. You have to select your Doctors very carefully. Dr Friedberg is one of the greats. If you or your family has eye problems, he is the one to go to. Other Doctors referred me to him, and the results were life changing.
in Matawan, NJ |
Dr. Friedberg and his staff were wonderful to me. My retinal detachment was diagnosed and treated quickly and competently. I walked in having been sent there by my ophthalmologist who made a phone call to Dr. Friedberg and they fit me into the schedule without skipping a beat. I really appreciate the caring staff and Dr.Friedberg for treating me so well. Thank you.
in Red Bank, NJ |
Dr Friedberg gave me my sight back, Cataracts are terrible to deal with. Dr Friedberg was professional, to the point, and did such a great job that I was back to my regular life in just a few days. I was treated by him and the entire staff with the best care ever. I will see him again when I need the other eye done.
Eatontown, NJ |
What a total jerk- Just accompanied my father, a retired physician, to an appointment-and I was aghast beginning to end. Steer clear of this doc.
Red Bank, NJ |
My surgery was quick and successful.
in Parlin, NJ |
Had it not been for Dr. Friedberg, I would have lost my sight entirely in one eye!. He explained my condition in clear, and simple terms. He truly cares for his patients. Dr. Friedberg is truly talented and a rare gem!! His staff is wonderful friendly and you never wait more than 5-10 minutes. .
in Howell, NJ |
He did a great job with my cataract surgery.
in Middletown, NJ |
Dedicated physician who explains procedures in detail and answers all questions. He has done cataract surgery on both my eyes with excellent results.
in Hazlet, NJ |
I have undergone two procedures with Dr. Friedberg and both have gone extremely well. His staff is excellent. All my questions were answered and they are friendly and helpful. Dr. Friedberg operated on my macula and one year later fixed a cataract and implanted a lens on my eye. I would highly recommend him if you are looking for an eye surgeon.
in Ocean, NJ |
EXCELELNT DOCTOR WITH EXCELLENT CARE AND RESULTS FOR MY RETINAL DETACHMENT. VERY BUSY OFFICE BUT RUN VERY WELL.
in Manalapan, NJ |
Does an excellent job. He did the surgery for my detached retina and gave me a new cataract. Both have been great.
Have you seen Dr. Mark Friedberg, MD?
Are you Dr. Friedberg?