Dr. Mark Erasmus, MD

Dr. Mark Erasmus, MD

Neurosurgery  |
Dr. Mark Erasmus, MD is a neurosurgery doctor who practices in Albuquerque, NM. He is 66 years old and has been practicing for 40 years. Dr. Erasmus is affiliated with Presbyterian Hospital.

201 Cedar St SE Ste 5630

Albuquerque, NM 87106

• Blue Cross Blue Shield of New Mexico

Learn about Dr. Erasmus

See how frequently Dr. Erasmus performs your care needs compared to other doctors.

Degenerative Disc Disease
Intervertebral Disc Disease
Meningiomas
high

Dr. Erasmus's percentages are based on the rate of treatment compared to peers nationwide from insurance data. Learn more info about our data and this Top Care Areas component.

• Neurosurgery

• Brain Cancer
  • Broken Neck
  • Cauda Equina Syndrome
  • Cerebral Artery Thrombosis
  • Cerebrospinal Fluid Leak (CSF Leak)
  • Craniopharyngioma

• Craniectomy, Craniotomy, Surgery of Skull Base, Neuroendoscopy
  • Disc Replacement
  • Dural Repair or Other Spinal Cord Repair
  • Herniated Disc Surgery
  • Lamina Procedures (incl. Laminectomy, Laminoplasty, Laminotomy)
  • Neuroplasty
  • Pituitary Gland Tumor Excision
  • Spinal Fusion
  • Spinal Reconstructive Surgery for Deformities

Healthgrades does not collect malpractice information for New Mexico.

• Univ Of Ct Sch Of Med
    Medical School | Graduated 1977
  • E Va Med Sch
    Internship Hospital | Completed
  • E Va Med Sch

Dr. Erasmus has no media or publications listed.

Dr. Erasmus does not have any memberships or affiliations listed. If you are Dr. Erasmus and would like to add memberships or affiliations, please update your profile.

Dr. Erasmus' Reviews

Likelihood of recommending Dr. Erasmus to family and friends
2.8
Dr. Erasmus' Performance
El Prado, NM |
I went from near paralysis to hiking several hours a day. Dr Erasmus did an amazing job with perfect alignment of my back. I'm thrilled to have my life back!
in Albuquerque, NM |
Great experience with Dr. Erasmus. He has a passion for the work he does. If he knows that he can help you, he will go above and beyond to fix your spine via bone fusion or artificial disc. I like Dr. Erasmus. He doesn't waste time in his consoltation and gets right to the point. I like that. He is very competent and excellent at his job. I hav suffered for so many years and Dr. Erasmus said he could help me and he did. I highly recommend him. I trust him implicitly. He is kind and compassionat.
in Cedar Crest, NM |
Dr. Erasmus did an excellent job removing a pituitary adenoma from my brain. I met with him in January of 2017 and was operated on at the end of March. He explained clearly what needed to be done and how he was going to do it. I was in the ICU the day of the surgery and went home the next day. By the 4th day I was feeling normal again. His staff was friendly and helpful at all times and the nurses he chose to care for me were exceptional. Highly recommended.
Edgewood, NM |
He fused L4/L5 twice.. As the first did not fuse, he recommended using rhBMP-2, which I was required to give written approval for, which I told him no due to potential side effects. He used it anyway. Now I am in more pain than before. I expressed the new pain at my 6-month follow up with Erasmus. He asked, "aren't you at least a little better?" Then downplayed my concerns and left the room. I asked if I was to make a follow up appt. He said if I had any concerns. Why was I there????
in Roswell, NM |
I went to this so called doctor May 2, 2016. The first thing he said to me I was you were really young when you had this surgery on my back then said that he would not touch me and if anyone was to touch my back they would be retiring shortly after. When I asked what should I do know and he said he didn't know and walked out. WOW I was devastated and I was alone and still had to drive 3 hours by myself. He IS NOT A DOCTOR!!!!!!! NO ONE SHOULD GO TO HIM EVER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
in Albuquerque, NM |
Worst Doctor I ever went to, everything he told me changed the day of the procedure. I was told after the procedure I would walk out without and pain and everything would be fine. Day of the procedure what was to take care of both my back and leg pain was changed to only maybe the leg.
Albuquerque, NM |
Horrible Physician! My mother had back surgery and has been into the ER 3 times with severe pain. Calling his office every single day multiple times and never receiving a response. My mother has now been admitted to the hospital and they can't even get him to respond! I am terrified to think he might have ruined her life!
in Albuquerque, NM |
For the lack of empathy/sympathy towards the condition. Treating the patient as a piece of broken equipment and not a human! Unprofessional and would never recommend to anyone, ever!
Have you seen Dr. Mark Erasmus, MD?
Are you Dr. Erasmus?