Dr. Mark Douglas, MD

Ophthalmology | Male

Dr. Mark Douglas, MD
Dr. Mark Douglas, MD is an ophthalmology doctor who practices in Mobile, AL. He is 48 years old and has been practicing for 22 years. Dr. Douglas is affiliated with Providence Hospital and Memorial Hospital at Gulfport.

Dr. Douglas' Experience

See how Dr. Douglas' experience matches your preferences.

Visiting Dr. Douglas

Dr. Douglas accepts 12 insurance carriers

Dr. Douglas is now accepting new patients

Check out the quality of care at the 2 hospitals where Dr. Douglas has admitting privileges.

Dr. Douglas' Reviews

Likelihood of recommending Dr. Douglas to family and friends
Dr. Douglas' Performance
in Mobile, AL |
This is the second time Ive seen Dr. Douglas, and liked him and his office assistants very nice and helpful. It was easy to sst up an appointment, and the office environment was good, waiting time, reasonable, and everyone was friendly and courteous. Dr D was very careful in explaining my medical condition and spent a good amount of time with me. I alsways have more questions following a visit because I failed to ask or didn't think of them at the time, but none of this was due to him or his
Pascagoula, MS |
Took a long time until we saw Dr Douglas. But worth the wait. Very nice person....Funny. Knows his are of expertice....and is willing to state if he is not sure about a treatment/diagnosis.
in Mobile, AL |
My husband and I are both patients of Dr. Douglas and would highly recommend him.
in Gulfport, MS |
Excellent care from Dr Douglas and his team for a retina detachment. Professional, prompt and respectful.
Wilmer, AL |
Dr. Douglas explains everything thoroughly and gives you plenty of opportunity to ask questions.
in Gulfport, MS |
I will be seeing you at dr. hogan office in Gulfport, MS. My name is Charlotte Suiter. Will see you on the 30th at 9am I have transportation with mobile 1 , round trip in gulfport, ms. I have a big black box covering my vision in my right eye
in Saraland, AL |
In 2005 I had a detached retina in my left eye and Dr. Douglas did surgery on it and saved my vision. He was very good at what he did, kind, thoughtful, and easy to contact if I needed to check with him. I have been going for annual check ups ever since and found him to be professional, kind, and courteous. I would recommend him for people that have retina difficulties.
in alwaysseekanotheropinionelsewhere |
NEVER!!! NEVER SEE AGAIN!! He has an ego trip and I was cussed out in his office after I found a World class dr that did not agree with HIS professional opinion. My child was in the room too while he cussed! I have since saw stem cell dr, & 2 world class dr's whom both agree to NOT REMOVE her eye! I was even told by this dr when he helped assist in the ER that he did it for FREE!! I NEVER would ask anyone to do anything for FREE! SECOND OPINIONS ALWAYS MOTHERS AND FATHERS YOU HAVE BEEN WARNED!!
in Mobile, AL |
I love Dr. Douglas. He was my mother's doctor and he treated her with so much respect and patience. Now he sees me for the same problem. He spends time answering questions and discussing concerns. I would recommend him for anyone looking for an ophthalmologist who specializes in retinal disease.
in Wilmer, AL |
Very friendly and professional. Dr Douglas really listens and is very much much concerned with my eye health and what he can do to help.
in Mobile, AL |
Dr. Douglas and his staff were very professional, patient, kind, empathetic, and efficient. Dr. Douglas is not my regular eye doctor...I was referred to him by my regular doctor because I had a retinal problem. I have glaucoma and am probably considered a high risk patient and I really appreciated Dr. Douglas' thorough but cautious approach to my problem. He monitored me closely until the problem resolved on its own. I am thankful for his cautious approach. I love his friendly manner.
in Fairhope, AL |
Douglas was friendly, sympathetic and at the same time thorough and extremely competent, I trusted his analysis immediately. I would recommend him without reservation.
Have you seen Dr. Mark Douglas, MD?
Are you Dr. Douglas?

Compare Dr. Douglas

Dr. Douglas' experience matches your search based on the following criteria:

•  Specializes in Ophthalmology
  •  Board certified in Ophthalmology
  •  Malpractice claims in Alabama not available

Dr. Douglas has no media or publications listed.

Healthgrades does not collect malpractice information for Alabama.

Why It Matters: Dr. Douglas' Board Certifications

• Conjunctival Hemorrhage
  • Contusion of the Eyeball
  • Corneal Abrasion or Laceration
  • Degenerative Disorders of Globe
  • Diabetic Macular Edema (DME)
  • Diabetic Retinopathy
  • Retinal Ischemia
  • Retinal Neovascularization
  • Retinal Telangiectasia
  • Retinal Vein Occlusion
  • Retinitis Pigmentosa (RP)
  • Retinoschisis

Uab/Calhoun Eye Fnd Hospital

Completed in 1999

Bascom Palmer Eye Institute

Completed in 2001

Dr. Douglas does not have any memberships or affiliations listed. If you are Dr. Douglas and would like to add memberships or affiliations, please update your free profile.

• Ophthalmology