Dr. Mark Dominguez, MD

Dr. Mark Dominguez, MD

General Surgery  |

Contact provider for availability

Dr. Mark Dominguez, MD is a general surgery doctor who practices in Covington, LA. He is 45 years old and has been practicing for 13 years.

Northlake Surgical Associates

• Medicare
  • MetLife
  • Principal Financial Group

Learn about Dr. Dominguez

See how frequently Dr. Dominguez performs your care needs compared to other doctors.

Laparoscopic Surgical Procedure
Gallbladder Removal
high
Gallbladder Removal (Cholecystectomy), Laparoscopic
high

Dr. Dominguez's percentages are based on the rate of treatment compared to peers nationwide from insurance data. Learn more info about our data and this Top Care Areas component.

• General Surgery

• Breast Cancer
  • Breast Lump
  • Cholecystitis and Gallstones
  • Cholelithiasis
  • Collapsed Lung (Pneumothorax)
  • Colon Cancer
  • Neuroendocrine Tumors
  • Pancreatic Cancer
  • Partial Lung Collapse
  • Peripheral Arterial Embolism and Thrombosis
  • Peripheral Vascular Disease (PAD, PVD)
  • Pleural Effusion

• Adrenalectomy
  • Appendectomy
  • Appendectomy, Laparoscopic
  • Appendectomy, Open
  • Bariatric Surgery (Weight Loss Surgery)
  • Colectomy
  • Colectomy and Sigmoidectomy With Robotic Assistance
  • Colon Surgery
  • Colon and Rectal Surgery
  • Cyst Incision and Drainage
  • Enterostomy (Laparoscopic or Open)
  • Esophageal Surgery
  • Esophagectomy (Esophagogastrostomy, Esophagojejunostomy)
  • Esophagomyotomy
  • Incision and Removal of Foreign Object
  • Incisional Hernia Repair, Laparoscopic
  • Inguinal Hernia Repair, Laparoscopic
  • Inguinal Hernia Repair, Open
  • Intestinal Transplant (incl. Enterectomy)
  • Laparoscopic Abdominal Surgery
  • Paracentesis
  • Paraesophageal Hernia Repair, Laparoscopic
  • Peripheral Artery Catheterization
  • Port Placements or Replacements
  • Proctectomy, Open or Laparoscopic (incl. Swenson and Duhamel Procedures)
  • Salpingo-Oophorectomy With Robotic Assistance
  • Tracheal Surgery
  • Umbilical or Ventral Hernia Repair, Laparoscopic
  • Vaginal Surgery
  • Wound Repair

Healthgrades does not collect malpractice information for Louisiana.

• Louisiana State University
    Undergraduate School | Graduated 1995
  • La State Univ Sch Of Med In New Orleans
    Medical School | Graduated 2004
  • Louisiana State University Health Sciences Center
    Internship Hospital | Completed 2009
  • Louisiana State University Health Sciences Center
    Residency Hospital | Completed 2009

Dr. Dominguez has no media or publications listed.

Dr. Dominguez does not have any memberships or affiliations listed. If you are Dr. Dominguez and would like to add memberships or affiliations, please update your profile.

Dr. Dominguez's Reviews

Likelihood of recommending Dr. Dominguez to family and friends
4.5
Dr. Dominguez Says:

Thank you for taking the time to visit my Healthgrades profile to share your opinion. I value your input. Hearing from patients like you helps me examine how I come across as a caregiver and physician. It helps me improve my interactions with patients and ultimately the patient experience in my office. Please contact my office manager at 985-892-3766 if you'd like to discuss your experience in more detail.

Dr. Dominguez's Performance
New Orleans, LA |
Thanks to Dr. Dominguez my husband and I have lost a combined 250#s! We had surgery the same day at the Dr's recommendation and could not be happier with the results.
in GRAYSON LA |
Dr Dominguez did my wls and I'm so thankful.
in Port Barre la |
I have been trying to reach dr Dominguez's office in reference to weight loss surgery can someone give me the info and number to his office ?? Thanks in advance
Covington |
I had my sleeve done in June 2017. Less than 4 weeks later I get a call that he is gone. Anybody know what happened to him
in Calhoun, La. |
Doctor Mark Dominguez Is The Best I had Gastric Sleeve and recently Gall Bladder Surgery .i have had almost no pain and Nice looking scars that look like they will disappear in time .Very Strick and Caring Doctor ..If You Need a Surgeon. Doctor Mark Dominguez Is Number #1 to Me.
in Gonzales la |
Dr.Dominguez did my sleeve surgery on 5/30/17 very friendly and professional. The morning of surgery he came and sat with me as we waited for the Anesthesiologist. It was nothing but laughs and great conversation. Which made me very comfortable with him. His office staff is beyond amazing and always responds within 5-10 minutes. I couldn't have chosen a better DR.
in Covington,La |
My surgery is set for 6/6/17.... First Impressions is everything! Dr. Dominguez revised my information in the Myochsner portal b/c I had a lot of the footwork done due to the fact that Dr.Gridley of Slidell had been leading me to a dead end road.... Dr. Gridley used a Dr. Now Approach w/ me But Dr. Dominguez was straight to the point and could sense my determination in hindsight that's how he gained my trust! It is pertinent to have a connection w/ your surgeon and I felt just that. After all...
in lafayette, la |
Upon meeting Dr. Dominguez for the first time I felt very comfortable and confident with trusting him to do my weight loss surgery. He is a very confident individual that makes you feel at ease. Overall I am truly satisfied with the outcome of my surgery and the total experience with Dr. Dominguez.
in Lafayette, LA |
I loved him and the staff... He has changed my life for the better!!! He has a fun personality!!! I didn't know him and I trusted him and he did what he does best....
This doctor performed my VGS 10/28/16, he was awesome at each visit and during my hospital stay. I loved the staff at the office and would highly recommend him.
in Franklinton, LA |
Dr. Dominguez did 4 procedures on me. 2 were in hospital and the other 2 were out patient. He has awesome bedside manners. When I was upset with what was going on with me, he could always make me laugh and talk me through it. He always took his time with me and answered all my questions. Would absolutely recommend him and if i ever need a general surgeon again I would go back to him. With that being said Thank you Dr. Mark Dominguez for all that you did for me! Your Awesome!
in New Iberia, LA |
Dr. Dominguez help me change my life
in Covington LA |
Went to Emergency Room at hospital and had to have an emergency appendectomy. Did not know Dr Dominguez. He was professional, knowledgeable, and caring. Made me feel at ease with the surgery. Would highly recommend
in Mandeville, LA |
Dr. Dominguez is an amazing surgeon. He was caring, considerate and made me feel at ease with my surgery. His office staff was wonderful. I am completely satisfied with Dr. Dominguez and highly recommend him.
in Covington, LA |
Saved my life~ Captured Dr. Dominguez from reference of Dr. Russell Wardlaw! It's been 8 years, since my gastro sleeve. Compassion Spectacular. Medical Direct breakdown on pre-during and after operation. Still star struck, by the top of the line health care Dr. Dominquez shared with me.~ Cherie Munster, Covington, Louisiana
in Cade,La |
I had my vertical sleeve surgery done June 22,2016 by Dr. Dominguez and it was the best experience ever. I felt at ease and he was very cordial and compassionate and answered all of my questions. He is an amazing person all around and it was a blessing for him to be a part of my new walk in life!!
in Lafayette, LA |
Dr. Dominguez is very nice and professional. He is so down to earth. He listened and then gave medical advice. I felt as though he cared. He explained my procedure in detail and reassured me that I would be fine. He made me feel comfortable enough to ask any question. He is very knowledgable and confident for being a younger doctor. He has already performed surgery on my sister. Therefore I highly recommend him. In a few weeks he will perform surgery on me.
in Slidell, LA |
Discourages questions, dismisses client's concerns.
in Westlake, LA |
Very I had a very good experience with the doctor Dominguez that did my surgery I had no problems with the healing even after surgery no problems I ain't had no problems swallowing no pain the only pain I have is arthritis a lot of pain that's nothing to do with the surgery I was out of the hospital 23 hours from surgery I know I joined a support group on Facebook and all these people are showing all their bruises and marks from the hospital I come home with no marks thank you dr. Dominguez
in Lockport, LA |
This man is the TRUTH!!!! Surgical Excellence at its finest! He performed a Gastric Sleeve procedure on me on 3/22/2016.He was so professional from start to finish. He is very thorough in explaining everything to you. He is very relatable and I would reccomend him wholeheartedly. He was involved every step of the way and his staff is the best. I had a wonderful experience with his team!!! No Regrets!
in Covington, LA |
Dr. Dominguez is amazing. I am almost 3 years post gastric sleeve and doing great. I have sent several friends to see him and he worked his magic on them as well !!
in Branch |
I absolutely love Dr.Dominguez!!! He is easy to talk to and was very thorough in the hospital...
in Mandeville,LA |
Dr. Dominguez did my brothers appendectomy about 3-4 years ago. The surgery went smoothly and very successful. He was very friendly and knew exactly what he was saying.
in Bogue Chitto, MS |
I initially went to Dr. D for weight loss surgery. He is always friendly and professional. He was the first doctor to look at me and see me...not the obese person I had become. I still drive the 2 hours to see him instead of a local doctor for my gi issues!
Have you seen Dr. Mark Dominguez, MD?
Are you Dr. Dominguez?

Hospitals where Dr. Dominguez has admitting privileges

St. Tammany Parish Hospital
1202 S Tyler St
Covington, LA 70433

More General Surgery Specialists like Dr. Dominguez at Northlake Surgical Associates