Dr. Mark Dolan, MD

Orthopedic Surgery | Male

Hope Orthopedics Of Oregon 1600 State St Salem, OR 97301 Get Directions
Dr. Mark Dolan, MD
Dr. Dolan is a board-certified orthopedic surgeon who specializes in hip- and knee-replacement procedures, minimally invasive surgery, and revision joint replacement surgery. Dr. Dolan believes in offering a compassionate, patient-centered approach to care. He prides himself on listening to patients and explaining to them in words they can understand the various surgical and non-surgical options available to help get them back to a pain-free life and high level of functioning. Dr. Dolan serves as the medical director for the Joint Replacement Center of Excellence at Salem Hospital and performs over 400 joint replacement procedures each year.

Dr. Dolan's Experience

See how Dr. Dolan's experience matches your preferences.

Visiting Dr. Dolan

Dr. Dolan is now accepting new patients

Check out the quality of care at the 1 hospitals where Dr. Dolan has admitting privileges.

Dr. Dolan's Reviews

Likelihood of recommending Dr. Dolan to family and friends
Dr. Dolan's Performance
Salem, OR |
Saw Dr. Dolan for the first time and I appreciated his straightforward approach to treatment. He outlined my options and gave me an injection without having to make another appointment. I would highly recommend him.
Salem, OR |
I was extremely pleased with my entire experience. Dr. Dolan has a wonderful bedside manner, in addition to his skill as a surgeon
Salem, OR |
All I can say is "DO NOT WAIT TO HAVE IT DONE"
in Salem, OR |
I did NOT want to have knee replacement surgery! But, when they started to impact my life + Dr. Dolan said it was inevitable, I had to face reality. He never pressured me and told me to come back when I couldn't stand it any longer. When I did, he and Erin took as much time as needed + answered all of my MANY questions and I was confident in my decision and choice of surgeon. My outcome(s - 2 knees) have been good and when I can't stand my hip any more, I won't hesitate to go back to Dr. Dolan.
in Keizer, OR |
Dr. Dolan and the Hope Orthopedic Clinic staff treated me with respect and dignity every step of the way through my recent visit. Each person listened carefully and responded appropriately. The treatment received has worked well to relieve discomfort and the information provided on other alternatives has given me much to consider. When I shared about another issue Dr. Dolan was quick to offer a referral to Dr. McCormick. This was one of those other alternatives provided for consideration.
in Salem, OR |
I'm so happy I had both of my knees replaced with Dr. Dolan. I have gotten my life back following surgery and am now out of pain. Thank you!
in Salem, OR |
What can I say other than dr dolan has given me my life back. And for that i say thank you mark.
in Salem, OR |
Dealing with chronic knee pain/problems for over two decades now, I've seen several Orthopedic Doctors including 3 previous surgeries. I am extremely satisfied with Dr. Dolans professionalism and honest communication about my options and what to expect. Even though recovery has had its challenges, there were no surprises and I am extremely happy with the surgery results. I highly recommend Dr. Dolan and his entire staff. On a scale of 1 to 10, Dr. Dolan gets a 12+ from me.
in Salem, OR |
Dr Dolan and staff are fabulous: attentive, thorough, and efficient. All questions are readily addressed and the outcomes from my hip (2013) and knee (2017) total joint replacements are a real blessing for a 69 yr old. After each replacement, I returned quickly to doing the things I look forward to most... and without pain. I can walk and ride (motorcycle and bicycle) again with the best of them. A big thanks to Dr. Dolan, staff, and HOPE Orthopedic therapy staff (my chosen provider).
in Salem, OR |
Dr. Dolan did an amazing job on my knee replacement. I recovered very quickly and I'm so happy with the results. I highly recommend him.
in Salem, OR |
Dr Dolan and Hope Orthopedics provided the best possible experience I could have "hoped" for. Dr Dolan performed a partial joint replacement on my knee at Willamette Surgical Center (affiliated w/Hope Ortho), and I did my Physical Therapy at Hope's PT facility. I am now 6 weeks post surgery and feeling very good about my recovery. Everyone I dealt with through this whole process, from office staff, x-ray techs, nurses, physical therapists, and Dr Dolan, were outstanding to deal with.
in Salem OR |
Hip replacement surgery went extremely well, Dr Dolan was informative, easy to talk to, answered all our questions.
in Salem, Oregon |
Underwent a total knee replacement at the end of July. I am just short of 7 weeks out and feeling better than I have in years. The results are better than I could have ever hoped for. Walking on my own and pain is subsiding and the surgery area looks better every day; I'm 69 so 6-week healing can't happen. Could never thank him enough. In my book, they don't get any better.
in Albany, OR |
Dr. Dolan performed my total right hip replacement in May. The surgery went perfectly and has proven to be a total success. Dr. Dolan is very compassionate and will take the time to talk to his patients. He's one of the few doctors I have used that doesn't make me feel like he's in a huge hurry or that I am wasting his time. With that said, my ONLY complaint is that the schedulers do not allow sufficient time. I do feel the wait time after my scheduled appointment time is unacceptable.
in Salem, OR |
I found Dr. Dolan to be friendly, thorough and sincerely interested in restoring me to my desired level of physical activity. His explanation of my condition was done in a way that could be easily understood. I appreciate the fact that Dr. Dolan ordered an MRI rather than risking further injury by assuming my condition based totally on symptoms.
in Salem, OR |
My name is David Langsather, 67 of Salem, Oregon. I recently received double hip replacement surgery at the Salem hospital. Dr. Mark Dolan was my very talented surgeon, He and his staff and the physical therapists of Salem Hope Orthopedics guided me through the six week recovery process. It is wonderful to walk like a young man again. I owe Dr. Dolan a debt of gratitude!
in Dallas, OR |
I feel this doctor was rude , Did not explain things well, and has no bedside manner, I felt that I was treated as a child
in Salem, OR |
Not specific to Dr Dolan, but not trilled about the electronic check in process that Hope has recently instituted
My hip feels like new. Was very friendly and helpful. I definitely recommend him for any knee or hip problems.
in Salem, OR |
I was very pleased with my experience with Dr. Dolan. He explained the process of my hip replacement in detail. The surgery, hospital stay, and healing process was exactly as he said that it would be - only better. I was able to return to work part time in week two - and full time in week three. I only had the walker for one week - then a cane until just before week four. I had a post-op appointment today - and again he answered all of my questions. I feel comfortable with being in his ca
in Keizer Oregon |
Third time I am typing this on my computer...hope you don't get all 3 of these. As I was saying Dr. Dolan was very good about answering questions and telling me what was going on with my hips. My family Dr. even told me how good Dr. Dolan is and several friends also told me they really like what they did for them that had hips and knee replacements. Thank you for being so considerate with me. In two wks. I could tell the difference already in my left legs. Thank you Dr,. Dolan
in Salem, OR |
Dr. Dolan has completed two successful hip replacements for me in the last two years, and I had complete confidence in him. He was very caring and was always willing to spend time answering any questions or concerns that I had.
in Salem, OR |
Professional approach, great staff assisting, two knee replacements and both are excellent. Good coordination with Physical therapy services, staff quick to help with prescriptions.
in Salem, OR |
He is very personable, explains procedures well in a way anyone can understand. Very up on your health as well as what is to be expected in your visit/procedure being done. Listens to your questions and always has an answer. Caring and concerned with you and your recovery, always has a smile.
in Stayton, OR |
I was very pleased with my total knee replacement. Staff is great especially Jennifer.
Chicago, IL |
I saw Dr. Dolan for my cam deformity with a labral tear. He did an amazing job and I am still (5 years out) completely pain free. I was told I would most likely have pain running anything over a 5k but I can run up to 10 miles, completely pain free! He was recommended to me and I would recommend him to anyone with a labral tear.
Have you seen Dr. Mark Dolan, MD?
Are you Dr. Dolan?

Compare Dr. Dolan

Dr. Dolan says...

Dr. Dolan is a board-certified orthopedic surgeon who specializes in hip- and knee-replacement procedures, minimally invasive surgery, and revision joint replacement surgery.  Dr. Dolan believes in offering a compassionate, patient-centered approach to care.  He prides himself on listening to patients and explaining to them in words they can understand the various surgical and non-surgical options available to help get them back to a pain-free life and high level of functioning.  Dr. Dolan serves as the medical director for the Joint Replacement Center of Excellence at Salem Hospital and performs over 400 joint replacement procedures each year.

Dr. Dolan says...

Dr. Dolan is a fellowship trained hip and knee replacement surgeon.  During his fellowship, completed at the world's best orthopaedic hospital, the Hospital for Special Surgery in New York, Dr. Dolan had the opportunity to focus specifically on this area of orthopaedic surgery.  In addition to providing expert care in hip and knee replacement surgery, he has additional training and expertise in caring for patients with complications from previous hip and knee replacements.

Dr. Dolan's experience matches your search based on the following criteria:

•  Specializes in Orthopedic Surgery
  •  Board certified in Orthopedic Surgery

Dr. Dolan has no media or publications listed.

No malpractice history found for Oregon.

Why It Matters: Dr. Dolan's Board Certifications

Hospital For Special Surgery-Adult Reconstruction and Joint Replacement Surgery

Completed in 2009

University Of Notre Dame

Graduated in 1999

Dr. Dolan does not have any memberships or affiliations listed. If you are Dr. Dolan and would like to add memberships or affiliations, please update your free profile.

• Joint Replacement & Reconstruction Orthopedics