Dr. Mark Dekutoski, MD

Orthopedic Surgery | Male

1111 E McDowell Rd Phoenix, AZ 85006 Get Directions
Dr. Mark Dekutoski, MD
Dr. Mark Dekutoski, MD is an orthopedic surgery doctor who practices in Phoenix, AZ. He is 57 years old and has been practicing for 31 years. Dr. Dekutoski is affiliated with Banner Desert Medical Center, Banner Estrella Medical Center, Banner Boswell Medical Center and Banner Del E. Webb Medical Center.

Dr. Dekutoski's Care Philosophy

Whether it's for work or play, we understand that you want to get back to your life sooner. The CORE Institute team is dedicated to providing technologically advanced surgical techniques and rehabilitation. With 24/7 appointment scheduling, state-of-the-art research labs, surgical spine center, less-invasive surgery, on-site physical therapy, we truly provide excellence in patient care. We look forward to continuing to serve you, your family and our community.

Dr. Dekutoski's Experience

See how Dr. Dekutoski's experience matches your preferences.

Visiting Dr. Dekutoski

Dr. Dekutoski accepts 4 insurance carriers

Dr. Dekutoski is now accepting new patients

Check out the quality of care at the 4 hospitals where Dr. Dekutoski has admitting privileges.

Dr. Dekutoski's Reviews

Likelihood of recommending Dr. Dekutoski to family and friends
2.3
Dr. Dekutoski's Performance
Glendale, AZ |
Innocent people in severe pain trust a large institution and surgeon to help them!! Mark should work as a truck driver. He is so inconsiderate that he does a surgery, collects the check, doesn't follow up and then resigns! Huge regrets! Don't Ever let him care for you!
Glendale, AZ |
Lousy bedside manner; condescending and abrupt. He is dismissive of other medical professionals' opinions and doesn't care what your opinion is, either. Made me feel he was wasting his time. Found him to be abrasive and unfriendly and he made defamatory, snide comments to me about another physician which is totally unprofessional. Would never recommend him to others - there are plenty of other ortho surgeons to choose from with as much or more experience/education/training as this guy.
Chandler, AZ |
So I was in the hospital on 5/15/17 for back pain with loss of bowels and bladder. Had appt today with Dr dekutoski. I drove to sun city from mesa. 3 hours later after paperwork and xray I was told he would not see me since I did not have my MRI film from the hospital. I do not take any narcotics. Open back surgery in 2015. He could have done a physical exam and learned my history and had me f/up with the film. I wasn't treated like a person at all, just another number No compassion
in Goodyear, AZ |
After having been told I was to go home and sit in a chair for the rest of my life, I went to Dr. K. I gave him a CD of my MRI to look at. It showed my entire neck needed fusion, and the #3 was closed off to the point it had changed the color of my cord. No one in my area wanted to touch this. After looking at the MRI, he turned to me and said " I can help you". He did, and made my life a much better place than it would have been.
in Avondale, AZ |
My appt on 12/09/2016 this Dr. we came to the conclusion that spinal injections would be best to try before opt. surgery. I was happy because I do not want surgery. Dr said I would get a call back in 3 weeks, insurance authorization, its 01/23/2017. Ive called 3 times and they keep saying I will get a call back, I have gotten no calls back. I suffer with Scoliosis, Degenerative Disc Disease and Spinal Stenosis in the lumbar region. So I am in alot of pain right now and this service SUCKS!!!!!!!!
in Litchfield Park Az |
I've been looking for a doctor and I'm glad a friend referred him to me. My visit went well. The wait time was not long (there is a board posted at the front entrance when you walk in letting you know if there is a wait time and how long) and the staff was very nice. Dr. Dekutoski was very friendly, personable and I didn't feel rushed. He explained everything in terms that I could understand. My husband and I walked away happy and hopeful.
in Sun City, AZ |
He patiently answered all of my questions. Explained exactly what he was doing. Surgery went well. Pain well control. Results of surgery exceeded my expectations!
in Sun City West, AZ |
He claimed that all the pain I was feeling was due to dead muscle tissue regenerating nerve endings from a previous spinal fusion. He did not address the issue of ANOTHER disc that ruptured and was proven by my recent MRI. He said I should not have worn a brace after my spinal fusion of L4-S1 and should have done more than the 9 months of PT because my core was not strong enough. He disregarded the fact that ALL of my pain was in different areas than my spinal fusion pain. Do NOT go to him..
in Sun City, AZ |
My Aunt in Sun City was having back pain and was extremely uncomfortable. She was looking for some guidance for healing, and at the very least a bit of TLC and compassion from her caregivers. She definitely did not get compassion or even common courtesy from Dr. Dekutoski. She felt belittled and was afraid to ask any of her list of questions because he was short with her and quite rude. It is now difficult for me to convince to seek help and find another doctor because of her experience.
in Phoenix, AZ |
He is very professional and very patient. I would highly recommend him to anybody . A+++
in San Tan Valley, AZ |
Dr. D really helped put me at ease while explaining what I was dealing with. I never felt like he was going over my head with the explanations. We discussed multiple options and I did not feel pressured about my decision. Thank You Dr. D!
in Glendale, AZ |
was very considerate and took the time to answer any and all questions I had about my issue.
in Phoenix, AZ |
Dr. Dekutoski is an exceptional surgeon; caring, compassionate, professional, talented and always looking out in the best interest of patients under his care. I have no reservations in recommending Dr. Dekutoski with any care of my family and friends. Truly a one of a kind professional.
in Glendale, AZ |
Great Doc Figured out what was going on instead of jumping to cut!
in Sun City AZ |
My husband and I see Dr D he listens actually examines us and helps us tremendously Thanks
in SUN CITY WEST |
DR D WAS OUTSTANDING THANKS I HAVE HAD FIVE YEARS OF NO ANSWERS AND SHODDY CARE HE LISTENED HE EXAMINED ME HE REVIEWED MY MRI HIMSELF HE EXPLAINED MY CONDITION THROUGH THE MRI AND THE SPINE MODEL THANKS
Please get a second opinion and read all reviews. Nobody deserves to be treated poorly when trying to get help. Your doctor should have compassion for you, or at the very least be nice to you for the few minuets you are there asking for their help. This one unfortunately doesnt have much in the way of normal human kindness.
in Phoenix, AZ |
Dr Dekutoski and staff are thorough and concise, he asks for tests he feels are needed and has a keen sense of humor as well. He was able to complete my neck fusion (like P. Manning's) and I had no pain from the surgery. After three years, I am feeling wonderful and my golf game is better than ever. The only problem you may have is during the winter, the office is packed with northern visitors. I strongly recommend Dr Dekutoski and the CORE Institute.
in phoenix az |
Was referred to him by pcp. I have 3 herinated thoracic disc and 2 bulging and 2 bulging lumbar discs. He said I think I can help you . A very mean disposition. Would not fill out a half page for insurance. Said I don't have time for that. I asked his nurse to do it and he yelled at her and yelled at me to Leave it and he will het to it in a week or two. Very rude, mean dr. Would not let him touch anyoneI know
in Peoria, AZ |
I didn't like his attitude. I felt like I had been belittled.I will never go back to him and I will tell others not to even think of going to this Dr. He wouldn't even make a good Vet. he wouldn't know how to be kind to an animal.
in glendale, az |
He doesn't like to answer question(s), when you ask question, he is not very happy about it, especially if you don't understand the terms he said and ask again. Very impatient, hard to reach with a phone call. Told my son he need a surgery when it is not necessary. Luckily, AI consulted a few surgeons and didn't go along with it. And Core Institute is going to charge for missing appt after I called and to them to cancel everything after the incorrect diagnostic from the doctor.
in Phoenix, AZ |
Listen to the reviews and see someone else. This doctor is terrible. He doesnt care about patients and he gave extreme attitude when i asked him to explain a medical term he used. Don't waste your time with this guy.
in Sun City West, AZ |
Horrible, horrible. He showed no interest in helping me. I was referred to him as a neuro consult and rather than redirect me to someone who could help he told me to contact hospice! When I called my general practitioner's office they were flabbergasted at how I had been treated.
in Surprise az |
He was terrible. I went in for back surgery. My surgery went over because he broke a screw or stripped a screwdriver. It never got better. I am disabled now can never work again or play tennis and all he did was laugh and say it will get better. All I wanted was to be able to get down and play with my grandkuds. He made a sexual joke about it! Please get a second opinion before going to him. I owed $1000.00 and they sent me to collections. I live on $1000.00 a month and had no money.
in Surprise, AZ |
Offers no help or direction to patients that do not need surgery.
Have you seen Dr. Mark Dekutoski, MD?
Are you Dr. Dekutoski?

Compare Dr. Dekutoski

Dr. Dekutoski's Care Philosophy

Dr. Dekutoski's experience matches your search based on the following criteria:

•  Specializes in Orthopedic Surgery
  •  Board certified in Orthopedic Surgery
  •  Malpractice claims in Arizona not available

Dr. Dekutoski has no media or publications listed.

Healthgrades does not collect malpractice information for Arizona.

Why It Matters: Dr. Dekutoski's Board Certifications

• Broken Neck
  • Cervical Spine Disorders
  • Chondrocalcinosis
  • Complications of Joint Prosthesis
  • Fracture of Hand (incl. Fingers)
  • Gout
  • Hand Fracture
  • Leg Fracture Above Knee (incl. Hip)
  • Leg Fracture Below Knee (incl. Ankle)
  • Lumbar Spine Fracture
  • Lupus
  • Neck Strain (incl. Whiplash Injury)
  • Nerve Root Injury and Plexus Disorders (incl. Pinched Nerve)
  • Non-Unions and Malunions of Fractures
  • Scapular Fracture
  • Soft Tissue Sarcoma
  • Spinal Cord Injury
  • Spinal Cord Tumor
  • Spinal Muscular Atrophy (SMA)
  • Sternum Fracture

Wayne State University

Completed in 1991

University Minn Twin Cities Scoliosis Spine Center

Completed in 1993

Dr. Dekutoski does not have any memberships or affiliations listed. If you are Dr. Dekutoski and would like to add memberships or affiliations, please update your free profile.

• Dural Repair or Other Spinal Cord Repair
  • Elbow Fracture and Dislocation Treatment
  • Epidural Block, Facet Blocks
  • Hand and Wrist Fracture and Dislocation Treatment
  • Herniated Disc Surgery
  • Kyphoplasty, Percutaneous
  • Lamina Procedures (incl. Laminectomy, Laminoplasty, Laminotomy)
  • Nerve Block, Sympathetic