Dr. Mark Conklin, MD

Dr. Mark Conklin, MD

Orthopedic Surgery  |
Mark J. Conklin, MD is board certified in orthopedic surgery, specializing in adult and pediatric foot and ankle care. Dr. Conklin received his medical degree from the University Of Cincinnati College Of Medicine. He then completed his internship and residency at Indiana University Medical Center in Indianapolis, Indiana. His fellowship in foot and ankle surgery was completed at the Balance Foot and Ankle Center in Long Beach, California and UCLA/Harbor Medical Center under the prestigious Ronald W. Smith, MD and William S. Stryker, MD. "I enjoyed science when he was young and wanted to apply that to caring for patients. When I went to medical school and completed my rotation in orthopedic surgery, I found that I really enjoyed fixing broken bones and the gratification that you get from helping someone feel better." During his orthopedic residency he enjoyed correcting deformities of the foot, such as club foot in children and bunions in adults – that is what ultimately led him to become a foot and ankle orthopedic surgeon. Dr. Conklin is passionate about treating patients with foot or ankle deformities – correcting bunions, hammer toes and for people with arthritis, he enjoys ankle replacements and toe replacements. He also sees a lot of athletes with ankle sprains, Achilles tendonitis, fractures, overuse injuries and plantar fasciitis. He regularly performs arthroscopic surgery on athletes and individuals who have persistent pain in the ankle. While Dr. Conklin enjoys treating these general foot and ankle conditions he is also a sought after specialist in ankle replacement and toe replacement. He has been performing ankle replacements for more than 15 years and in that time has completed more than 300 ankle replacements. In addition, he has completed more than 150 toe replacements in the last 5 years. Dr. Conklin is one of the most experienced and trusted resources the Rocky mountain region for ankle replacement. He takes on some of the toughest cases including revision surgeries and ankle deformities. He has been trained on and is experienced with five different types of ankle replacements. Dr. Conklin is a leader in the field of orthopedics and has held and continues to hold leadership roles in the orthopedic community. He was previously the chairman of Lutheran Hospital Orthopedic Department, President of the Woodridge Orthopedic Group, and President of the Panorama Investment Management board. Today he is the President of the Golden Ridge Surgery Center, President of the Rocky Mountain Foot and Ankle Society and president elect of the Panorama Orthopedic and Spine Center. He is a member of the Orthopedic Foot and Ankle Society (AOFAS), The American Association of Orthopedic Surgeons (AAOS) and a member of the American Medical Association (AMA). When he is not working, Dr Conklin enjoys golfing, skiing and biking.

660 Golden Ridge Rd Ste 250

Golden, CO 80401

Learn about Dr. Conklin

See how frequently Dr. Conklin performs your care needs compared to other doctors.

Limb Pain
Morton's Neuroma
Osteoarthritis of Ankle and Foot

Dr. Conklin's percentages are based on the rate of treatment compared to peers nationwide from insurance data. Learn more info about our data and this Top Care Areas component.

This content was provided by Dr. Conklin "To practice high quality orthopedic care for my patients. The philosophy is the patient drives the practice. The employees are team members who are mutually accountable and pursue our goal of high quality care in a team approach."

Accredited by: American Board of Orthopaedic Surgery*

• Hammer Toe
  • Heel Spur
  • Hip Fracture
  • Knee Sprain
  • Leg Fracture Above Knee (incl. Hip)
  • Leg Fracture Below Knee (incl. Ankle)
  • Lupus

• Neuroplasty
  • Peripheral Nerve Block
  • Removal of Bone Spur
  • Spinal Nerve Block

No malpractice history found for Colorado.

• Depauw University

• Summerfiled Scholarship, Phi Kappa Psi,
  • Rector Scholarship-DePauw University,
  • Pediatric Ankle Fractures, 1992
  • Lesser Toe Deformities, 1994
  • Open Wedge 1st Cuneiform Osteotomy (Usually with 2-4 Metatarsal Osteotomies) For Resistant Metatarsus Assuctus Following Clubfoot Release, 1991
  • Treatment of Steroid Associated AVN in Children, 1991
  • Complications of Hallux Valgus Surgery, 1998
  • Treatment of Atypical Lesser Toe Deformity with Basal Hemiphalangectomy, 1994

Dr. Conklin does not have any memberships or affiliations listed. If you are Dr. Conklin and would like to add memberships or affiliations, please update your profile.

Dr. Conklin's Reviews

Likelihood of recommending Dr. Conklin to family and friends
4.4
Dr. Conklin's Performance
in Golden, CO |
This is my second visit to Dr. Conklin. The first was years ago when I had surgery on both feet. The results were amazing. There was very little down time after my surgery and I healed 100%. I return now with a different foot issue. He is my go too foot doctor.
in Denver, CO |
I have had several surgeries with Dr. Conklin and have always had fantastic results.
in Denver, Colorado |
Dr. Conklin is a great physician. He is very knowledgeable and a good communicator. I visited several doctors about my condition and he is the only one that truly listened and analyzed my issues. Highly recommend him.
Absolutely could not ask for a more experienced and confident surgeon. I feel extremely fortunate to have been referred.
in Golden, CO |
Dr. Conklin is very patient and thoughtful while understanding my foot problem. And deciding how to remedy problem.
Golden,CO |
He was friendly and answered my questions. I would have liked to hear more information about why he gave this particular diagnosis and what other conditions he ruled out.
Arvada, CO |
Very Impressive practice. Fortunately I only had a broken foot but the care was efficient compassionate and effective. I would recommend this orthopedic practice without reservation. Dr. Conklin was kind and thorough.
in Golden, CO |
Dr. Conklin has a great knowledge of the foot and his sense of humor mixed with explanations of what the issue and options are, is reassuring and helpful.. and the call-in staff and office staff are very pleasant, helpful and thorough. Worth my time, which says a lot!
in Denver, CO |
Dr. Conklin was great. He explained everything very well. I really appreciate being able to see the radiographs as I am in the medical profession. All my questions were answered. I am confident in the diagnosis. In the future if I need a specialist I will certainly be returning.
Denver, CO |
Dr Conklin has a great, no nonsense, no jargon way about him. He'll explain the problem with a technical name then explain what it means in a practical way. His bedside manor is excellent. My only (extremely minor) complaint is that he seems to frequently run late. On the other hand, it could be because he offers so much time to patients and answers questions so thoroughly!
in Grand Junction, CO |
Dr.Conklin takes the time to explain what procedures need to be done, best options for my situation and we can then agree what needs to be done. He then fully reviews what surgery he will perform. This is my third procedure and the first two went perfectly so I know this one will be successful.
in Denver, CO |
Check in process effecient; staff very kind and competent; Dr Conklin is calming and took time to explain injury and treatment.
Arvada, CO |
He is an amazing doctor with a very friendly disposition.
in Denver, CO |
Assured by Dr. Conklin that I would be back to skiing 6 weeks after my foot surgery, I was discouraged when my pain was actually worsening after 4 MONTHS. When I revisited Dr. Conklin, his response was 'hmm, usually that works.' When I told him that didn't make me feel any better, & asked for a plan of action to address the situation, he basically shrugged and actually said, 'yeah, if they all turned out like that, I'd shoot myself.' Stunningly unapologetic, dismissive & incompetent.
in Centennial, Co |
Dr. Conklin was excellent! He gave me a total ankle replacement and I had absolutely no pain at any point. For the first time in many years I am pain free.
in Burlington, Co. |
He is a brilliant surgeon! Dr Conklin explains what he is going to do thoroughly! His office demeanor is excellent and goes over your X-rays with you! My only complaint is at the clinic! In and out was two hours. My time with X-ray and Dr. Conklin was probably 45 minutes. Which is a 5 on a scale of 1-5!
Littleton, CO |
I was very impressed with the amount of time Dr. Conklin spent in the initial visit to determine how extreme my bunion was. He was congenial, clear and thorough in his explanations and didn't appear rushed or like I was taking too much time up. The surgery went smoothly; Panorama performs a vast number of procedures yet all the staff was organized and had good bedside manner, mostly knew what they were doing. Post op appt had the longest wait time but Dr C was efficient and reassuring.
in Denver, CO |
After evaluations with 4 other orthopaedic surgeons over 5 years. I found the solution with Dr Conklin. He has extensive experience with a late generation ankle prosthesis and I am very happy with the decision to get it done.
in Westminster, CO |
He was very nice
in CO |
Dr. Conklin was great! Patient, listened to complaints and didn't rush me through. Very thorough and offered options to address issues. Liked him very much. Also, have heard great things about him prior to seeing him.
Denver, CO |
Excellent doctor! My ankle had been bothering me for weeks, so I called Panorama Orthopedics. They got me in the same day, and Dr. Conklin thoroughly examined my ankle (and x rays). He ruled out stress fractures and carefully examined tendons, etc. to arrive at the conclusion that my pain was likely due to old scar tissue. He immediately gave me a shot of cortisone, a follow up plan if it didn't improve, and explained worst case solutions if non surgical options didn't work. Awesome doctor!
Conifer, CO |
This is the third issue I have seen Dr. Conklin with, after having success with 2 others. X-rays were taken, he listened to my complaint, then clearly explained the problem using the x-rays and other pictures. Next, he explained & illustrated two different solutions, detailing the pros and cons of each. He assured me that I don't have to make a decision right now. I have much confidence in Dr. Conklin from the success of a prior surgery. He has a good sense of humor, especially if you do.
in Littleton, CO |
In a word......Dismissive.
in Highlands Ranch, CO |
Everyone was friendly and helpful. I was taken to a room as soon as I finished filling out my paperwork. X-rays were taken promptly and it was a very short wait after that to see the doctor. Dr. Conklin was terrific! He listened to my concerns and he discussed options for me. I am so happy I went to him. I got excellent care and compassion. Thank you, Dr. Conklin!
Fantastic doctor. Very patient and gentle. Staff is courteous and professional.
Nathrop, CO |
Dr. Conklin carefully explained the surgery and the recovery procedures. He answered all my questions thoroughly. He definitely understands patients with rheumatoid arthritis and ankle/foot complications. I would highly recommend him!
Denver, CO |
TOLD DR. CONKLIN WAS A SPECIALIST FOR MY WIFE'S LOWER LEG 2 BELOW KNEE. HE ONLY HANDLES FOOT AND ANKLE.HE COULD NOT TELL IF TUMOR WAS ABOVE HER KNEE OR BELOW OR 2 THE SIDE OF HER TIBIA,CONTINUED 2 CALL ME A LIAR ABOUT HER METASTATIC BREAST CANCER TO SPINE,CHEST ETC . MADE FUN OF ME & MY WIFE & OUR FAMILY DOCTOR. HE WANTED 2 SEND MY WIFE 2 A FOOT DOCTOR 4 HER BACK,(NEVER DID AN EXAM) THEN HE SAID REHAB MD & PHYSICAL THERAPY WITHOUT AN EXAM, X RAY OR ANYTHING ELSE. THIS MAN IS A JOKE.
Have you seen Dr. Mark Conklin, MD?
Are you Dr. Conklin?