Dr. Mark Colquitt, MD

Dr. Mark Colquitt, MD

Bariatric Surgery  ·
Dr. Mark Colquitt, MD is a bariatric surgery specialist in Knoxville, TN and has been practicing for 28 years. He graduated from University of Tennessee Health Science Center in 1985 and specializes in bariatric surgery.Read his story

1819 W Clinch Ave Ste 200

Knoxville, TN 37916

• Blue Cross Blue Shield of Tennessee
  • Government Employees Health Association (GEHA)

Learn about Dr. Colquitt

See how frequently Dr. Colquitt performs your care needs compared to other doctors.

Obesity
Sleeve Gastrectomy
high
Laparoscopic Surgical Procedure

Dr. Colquitt's percentages are based on the rate of treatment compared to peers nationwide from insurance data. Learn more info about our data and this Top Care Areas component.

Dr. Colquitt's bio

This content was provided by Dr. Colquitt "I became interested in surgery because of my father's encouragement. Through his contacts I was able to get a job in an operating room. That experience and my love for technology and creativity led me to pursue a pre-med curriculum at the University of Tennessee. This led to Medical School at The University of Tennessee Health Science Center in Memphis, TN. Then came a general surgery residency at St. Mary's Hospital and Yale University Hospital in Connecticut. After completing my residency in 1990, I went on active duty as a Lt Commander in the US Navy Medical Corps. I was stationed at Camp Pendleton Naval Hospital as a General Surgeon. I was deployed to the USS New Orleans and USS Tarawa during Operation Desert Storm. After completing my active duty requirement, I returned to Tennessee and joined a surgery practice in Maryville, TN where I continued to develop my surgical skills at Blount Memorial Hospital. There, I performed general, vascular, thoracic, and trauma surgery. In 2001, I became fascinated with the new laparoscopic techniques for performing Bariatric surgery and developed one of the first Laparoscopic Bariatric practices in the region along with Dr Jonathan Ray. Since then we have performed more than 2000 laparoscopic Bariatric procedures with our patients achieving over 250,000 pounds of total weight loss. In 2014 and after 20 years at Blount Memorial, we moved our practice to Fort Sanders Regional Medical Center to be more centrally located in East Tennessee and to expand our bariatric surgery practice to all of the Covenant Health facilities. We are excited to partner with Covenant Health and develop a strong Bariatric program serving all of East Tennessee."

This content was provided by Dr. Colquitt "Our mission is to promote health and wellness by providing the opportunity to achieve an obesityfree life and empowering patients through life-long education, motivation and the highest quality medical care in a compassionate and supportive environment. We are committed to creating a caring and comfortable environment where each patient is treated like a valued guest. Our values are Integrity, Compassion, Commitment, Hospitality, Excellence and Respect"

• Bariatric Surgery

• General Surgery
    Accredited by: American Board of Surgery*

No malpractice history found for Tennessee.

• University Of Tennessee
  • St Mary's Hospital
    Residency Hospital | Completed 1990
  • Yale Univ Hosp
    Residency Hospital | Completed 1990

Dr. Colquitt has no media or publications listed.

Dr. Colquitt does not have any memberships or affiliations listed. If you are Dr. Colquitt and would like to add memberships or affiliations, please update your profile.

Dr. Colquitt's Reviews

2.8
Likelihood of recommending Dr. Colquitt to family and friends

Dr. Colquitt's Performance

Dr. Colquitt Says:
"

Your responses will allow us to practice continuous quality improvement and make the patient experience better.  If you have a concern, please do not hesitate to contact our office at 865-984-3413.

"

Had surgery done by Dr. Colquitt, and when I started having complications, he would not listen to me. He had preconceived notions on what was going on and after a few more days in the hospital put me on the same medicine I have been taking for a month, and told me it should work (magically) now. ...more
Was this helpful? thumbs up icon option0thumbs down icon option0
consult was with dr colquitt and dr cox I wanted to talk with him specifically about a med I was on before I paid the 200$ to make sure he would do it. He said yes so did dr cox. after getting my hopes up after a lot of prayer after going through hundreds of test charging my insurance i get a...more
Was this helpful? thumbs up icon option0thumbs down icon option1