Dr. Mark Colquitt, MD

Dr. Mark Colquitt, MD

Bariatric Surgery | Male

Foothills Weight Loss Specialists 1819 W Clinch Ave Ste 200, Knoxville, TN 37916 Get Directions

Our mission is to promote health and wellness by providing the opportunity to achieve an obesityfree life and empowering patients through life-long education, motivation and the highest quality medical care in a compassionate and supportive environment. We are committed to creating a caring and comfortable environment where each patient is treated like a valued guest. Our values are Integrity, Compassion, Commitment, Hospitality, Excellence and RespectRead more

Personal Bio

I became interested in surgery because of my father's encouragement. Through his contacts I was able to get a job...Read more

Dr. Colquitt's Experience

See how Dr. Colquitt's experience matches your preferences.

Visiting Dr. Colquitt

Dr. Colquitt accepts 13 insurance carriers

Check out the quality of care at the 1 hospitals where Dr. Colquitt has admitting privileges.

Dr. Colquitt's Reviews

Likelihood of recommending Dr. Colquitt to family and friends
based on 8 total surveys
Dr. Colquitt's Performance
    GOOD
    GOOD
Dr. Colquitt Says:

Your responses will allow us to practice continuous quality improvement and make the patient experience better.  If you have a concern, please do not hesitate to contact our office at 865-984-3413.

Have you seen Dr. Mark Colquitt, MD?
Are you Dr. Colquitt?
Get started today!

Compare Dr. Colquitt

Dr. Colquitt says...

I became interested in surgery because of my father's encouragement. Through his contacts I was able to get a job in an operating room. That experience and my love for technology and creativity led me to pursue a pre-med curriculum at the University of Tennessee. This led to Medical School at The University of Tennessee Health Science Center in Memphis, TN. Then came a general surgery residency at St. Mary's Hospital and Yale University Hospital in Connecticut. After completing my residency in 1990, I went on active duty as a Lt Commander in the US Navy Medical Corps. I was stationed at Camp Pendleton Naval Hospital as a General Surgeon. I was deployed to the USS New Orleans and USS Tarawa during Operation Desert Storm. After completing my active duty requirement, I returned to Tennessee and joined a surgery practice in Maryville, TN where I continued to develop my surgical skills at Blount Memorial Hospital. There, I performed general, vascular, thoracic, and trauma surgery. In 2001, I became fascinated with the new laparoscopic techniques for performing Bariatric surgery and developed one of the first Laparoscopic Bariatric practices in the region along with Dr Jonathan Ray. Since then we have performed more than 2000 laparoscopic Bariatric procedures with our patients achieving over 250,000 pounds of total weight loss. In 2014 and after 20 years at Blount Memorial, we moved our practice to Fort Sanders Regional Medical Center to be more centrally located in East Tennessee and to expand our bariatric surgery practice to all of the Covenant Health facilities. We are excited to partner with Covenant Health and develop a strong Bariatric program serving all of East Tennessee.

Dr. Colquitt's Care Philosophy

Dr. Colquitt says...

I have been practicing bariatric surgery for 14 years and have performed over 1000 bariatric procedures.  I am happy to see patients who may have moved into the area and are seeking a bariatric surgeon.

I practice in a facility certified by the MBSAQIP

I am a fellow of the American Society of Metabolic and Bariatric Surgery

Currently I am performing Lap Sleeve Gastrectomy and Robotic Gastric Bypass.

I am happy to announce that the ReShape Gastric Balloon has become part of our practice.

For more information call 865-984-3413

Dr. Colquitt says...

I began my experience in Bariatric Surgery in 2002 by performing the first laparoscopic Gastric Bypass in the Knoxville Area.  Later I added the Gastric band and continued the band until 2012.  I felt the the results of the band were poor compared to the gastric sleeve and diid not provide a strong metabolic response.

The Gastric Sleeve became our primary bariatric procedure in 2010.

Robotic gastric bypass is our preferred method of performing the gastric bypass because post op pain is less and recovery is faster.

ReShape Gastric Balloon is a non-surgical procedure and is placed endoscopically in our outpatient facility.  My endoscopic skills came from my surgical residency, endoscopic lab in the US Navy, and bariatric endoscopy.

Recently, we have included Single Anastomosis Duodenal Switch (Loop DS) one of our surgeries to treat Obesity and related co-morbidities. Limited to patients who have high BMI's, diabetes or need revision of their Sleeve gastrectomy.

Dr. Colquitt says...

Dr. Colquitt's experience matches your search based on the following criteria:

•  Specializes in Bariatric Surgery
  •  Board certified in General Surgery

Dr. Colquitt has no media or publications listed.

No malpractice history found for Tennessee.

Why It Matters: Dr. Colquitt's Board Certifications

Yale Univ Hosp

Completed in 1990

University Of Tennessee

Graduated in 1981

Dr. Colquitt does not have any memberships or affiliations listed. If you are Dr. Colquitt and would like to add memberships or affiliations, please update your free profile.

• Bariatric Surgery
  • General Surgery

• Appendectomy, Laparoscopic
  • Bariatric Surgery (Weight Loss Surgery)
  • Duodenal Switch and SIPS