Dr. Mark S. Cohen, MD

Dr. Mark S. Cohen, MD

Orthopedic Surgery | Male | 56 years old

45 reviews| Leave a review

Patient Testimonials

I see patients with problems of their hands and arms. So they see me because something doesn't work. Something doesn't bend. Something hurts when they use it. Something doesn't feel right. They've lost feeling or sensation, or they've had an injury. There's always various options for treating a particular problem, and many doctors have different treatment algorithms for different problems. I'm very conservative, and I really think that unless you, for example, have a fracture and break a bone and need surgery to repair the bone, most elective things, I think, are treated conservatively first. And many of them get better, and I think that patients actually seem to appreciate the conservative approach.Read more

Dr. Cohen's Experience

See how Dr. Cohen's experience matches your preferences.

Visiting Dr. Cohen

Dr. Cohen accepts 5 insurance carriers

Check out the quality of care at the 1 hospitals where Dr. Cohen has admitting privileges.

Dr. Cohen's Reviews

Likelihood of recommending Dr. Cohen to family and friends
4.4
Experience with Dr. Cohen
Dr. Cohen's Office & Staff
    10 – 15 minutes (38)
Wheatfield, IN |
Carpal tunnel and cubital tunnel surgeries...in regards to the appts, I was always seen on time or earlier. He didn't spend a ton of time with me in the office during visits, but he doesn't need to. Dr Cohen performed the surgery and I am greatful, I now have no pain and the numbness is gone. Recovery was near painless. Thank you Sir.
in West Dundee,IL |
Dr. Cohen and his physician assistant are very knowledgeable. They both took time to explain my x-rays, and condition. They recommend what's right for the patient. I have seen him years ago and it's worth the hour plus commute.
Chicago, IL |
Dr. Cohen did not push for me to have surgery, even though I had made up my mind I wanted surgery. He was very upfront and honest with me about the outcome of my open elbow surgery for tennis elbow and a torn lateral collateral ligament. Dr. Cohen is very concerned about his patients and pushes for excellent PT follow-up care. His staff is always available to answer any questions. The surgery was a success, and I would highly recommend Dr. Cohen. He is the best!
in McHenry, Il |
I called Dr. Cohen's office to get an appointment and was told by his secretary that "he said there was nothing he could do for you". This was in regard to a hand injury he devotes a portion of a textbook about. I'm certain that he couldn't help me because I am currently unemployed and on Medicaid due to a mistake made by another surgeon, causing disability. I spent my career as a nurse giving compassionate free care to those in need so that I can be denied of a quality of life by Dr. Cohen.
in Steger, Illinois |
Dr. Cohen and his staff are absolutely amazing. They are compassionate, thorough, and most importantly, highly skilled. When I first went to see Dr. Cohen, I was thoroughly examined, given all of my options and projected prognosis's, and then had the opportunity to ask my questions and voice my concerns. They listened to me and answered every question I had and gained my confidence. Every step of the process was made easier because of the care I received from Dr. Cohen and his staff. Thank you!
in Oak Lawn, IL |
I went to Dr. Cohen after I fractured my wrist. Dr. Cohen is highly knowledgeable, compassionate and kind. He listens and cares about his patients. Dr. Cohen is supported by an AMAZING team at both M&M Orthopaedics and Rush Hospital. This level of professionalism in all settings provides "SEAMLESS CARE". My recovery is going extremely well. Hope Dr. Cohen realizes that his exceptional skills and encouragement have made such a difference in so many lives.
in Westchester |
The absolute best
in Hinsdale, IL |
I saw Dr Cohen for a distal radius fracture after I fell on the ice. While he stressed that my fracture was pretty significant, he was so calm and confident that I had no concerns about the surgery. My entire experience with him has been terrific and I would highly recommend him to anyone experiencing challenges with their hands or arms.
in Blue Island, Illinois |
I don't want to make a review too long but I have a lot to say about this AWESOME Doctor. I came to Dr. Cohen distraught. I had had 3 prior surgeries with a doctor that couldn't fix my issue. He was very upfront and honest with me from the very beginning. He explained that my issue was something that he would work his hardest to try and correct. He performed surgery on my arm and walked me through the healing process. He fixed me!!! He was always available and he even got on me when I was
Have you seen Dr. Mark S. Cohen, MD?
Are you Dr. Cohen?

Compare Dr. Cohen

Dr. Cohen's Care Philosophy

Dr. Cohen's experience matches your search based on the following criteria:

•  Specializes in Orthopedic Surgery
  •  Board certified in Hand Surgery and Orthopedic Surgery

Dr. Cohen has no media or publications listed.

No malpractice history found for Illinois.

Why It Matters: Dr. Cohen's Board Certifications

• Dislocated Elbow
  • Dupuytren's Contracture
  • Elbow Fracture
  • Elbow Sprain
  • Enthesopathy of Knee (incl. Bursitis of Knee)
  • Fracture of Hand (incl. Fingers)
  • Gout
  • Hand Fracture
  • Internal Derangement of Knee
  • Knee Sprain
  • Lateral Collateral Ligament (LCL) Sprain
  • Lateral and Medial Epicondylitis (Tennis and Golf Elbow)
  • Leg Fracture Above Knee (incl. Hip)
  • Lumbar Spine Fracture
  • Lupus
  • Medial Collateral Ligament (MCL) Sprain
  • Nerve Root Injury and Plexus Disorders (incl. Pinched Nerve)
  • Non-Unions and Malunions of Fractures

Ucsd Medical Center

Completed in 1992

Indiana Hand Center

Completed in 1993

Dr. Cohen does not have any memberships or affiliations listed. If you are Dr. Cohen and would like to add memberships or affiliations, please update your free profile.

• Orthopedic Hand Surgery

• Wrist Fusion
  • Wrist Reconstruction
  • Wrist Replacement
You've got options
Here's a few other providers to consider
Filter Your Results