Dr. Mark Chang, MD

Orthopedic Spine Surgery | Male

Dr. Mark Chang, MD
Dr. Mark Chang, MD is an orthopedic spine surgery doctor who practices in Dyer, IN. He is 52 years old and has been practicing for 27 years. Dr. Chang is affiliated with Advocate South Suburban Hospital and Community Hospital.

Dr. Chang's Care Philosophy

Please visit our website: www.mwspinecare.com for full information on our practice and Dr. Mark Chang.

Dr. Chang's Experience

See how Dr. Chang's experience matches your preferences.

Visiting Dr. Chang

Dr. Chang accepts 12 insurance carriers

Dr. Chang is now accepting new patients

Check out the quality of care at the 2 hospitals where Dr. Chang has admitting privileges.

Dr. Chang's Reviews

Likelihood of recommending Dr. Chang to family and friends
Dr. Chang's Performance
in Schererville, IN |
Dr. Chang operated on my spine two weeks ago. He gave me my life back. He's an award-winning surgeon [many times over] who is highly-skilled, compassionate, and dedicated. I know others who have been operated on by Dr. Chang. Like me, they think the world of him.
Dr. Chang was referred to me after I asked my primecare doc, "where would u send family member for back help". He said his mom went to Dr. Chang, "he's great". Here's my own experience. First meeting, Dr. Chang listened intently. His focus was comforting & his direction clear w/out over promising. I felt confident. After 6 weeks today, I met w/him w/no more pain. His care w/passion for excellence is what I'm grateful for. Genuine care. But there is a longer wait time at his office.
On March 15 2017 Dr.Mark Chang performed Coflex Surgery on L4&5 and L3&4 of my lower back 3 months later I'm doing great thanks Dr. Chang and your wonderful and great Staff Dale Deransburg
in Saint John, IN |
Dr Chang is a marvel.. I had a double fusion of L3-4 and L4-5 and ever since I woke up after surgery I have been totally pain free. I would absolutely recommend him for any spine surgery. He is caring, sensitive and explains everything to your satisfaction. I need a hip replacement and I wish he did that surgery as well. I wouldn't hesitate to have him as my surgeon.
Tinley Park, IL |
Dr Chang is the most experienced and experienced Surgeon that continues with lastest up to date Surgical procedures "State of Art"Care He absolutely is compassion and Goes over and beyond to help every patient w Conservative treatment unless can't function Also doesn't have a Huge Group Like All others do SO YOUR GAURENTEED TO SEE HIM ,All Professional Staff requests him to . He is consistent and gives Best care , I always feel comfortable and trusting with his recommendations.Is vote#l Surgeon
in Matteson |
I have been going to Dr chang for over a year. I have L5 S1 issues. I have been procrastinating the entire time. Dr suggested surgery a year ago and now after a second MRI my problem has worsened. Dr. Chang has been very patient with me asking him the same questions over and over again. I will have surgery next week on march 27. I have faith in GOD and trust in Dr. Chang that he will make me better! I will review after surgery.
in Park Forest, IL |
Dr Chang is very knowledgeable and good at explaining things. He asks good questions about where and what type of pain you have. You do not feel rushed by him in your appointment His staff is also very good
in Crown Point, IN |
Dr. Chang is completely professional and highly qualified. His surgery helped me recover the use of my right hand, and all my fingers! He told me I would have a two week recovery, and that was exactly the day I was released to return to normal activities. I would recommend Dr Chang to all my friends in need of spinal surgery.
in lowell ind |
i put off having any surgery on my back for years.when it got so bad went to dr chang sent me for mri.next appointment showed me how bad it was so i agreed to surgery its been about a mounth and pain level is way down.for first time in 10 years my pain management team is bringing me slowly of pain patches and pills.the new procedure he did i did not know was possible.i was home the next day from hospital and took it easy for 2 weeks .glad i waited for this procedure to be out .go see dr chang
in Chicago, IL |
I constantly dodged the bullet when it came to going under the knife. For years I tolerated the pain because of it. This year the pain was so bad I could hardly walk any distance, wear heels or anything around my waistline. I couldn't even walk my dog. I gave in June 20, 2016 and today, August 4, 2016 I am walking around PAIN FREE!!! I'm still healing but I'm here to tell you if you're looking for the best, he's right here! Dr. Mark Chang "is" the best! Trust me! Thanks again, Dr. Chang!
in Manteno, IL |
Dr. Chang is very thoughtful in his demeanor, decision making, and patient care. He will do what is medically necessary, not elective-which is key. You can trust him and know that you are in the best hands possible when it comes to your spine and your health. I recommend Dr. Chang to anyone with spine issues due to his high level of skill. To say that Dr. Chang is the BEST is an understatement!
in Oak Forest, Il |
absolutely!!! He made the whole scary procedure worth it. he is the most compassionate person you want to trust with your needs as a patient. Makes you wish all doctors were like him. I bless the day I walked into his office. He deserves much more than five stars!
in Crown Point |
Dr. Chang kept me out of a wheelchair and not only is a phenomenal surgeon, his bedside manner is amazing. A very kind and caring soul with the best talent God can give a person. Truley an amazing man and surgeon. Never in a rush to get you in and out. Takes his time to answer any and all concerns a patient may have and tries all other options before even bringing up surgery.
in Valparaiso, IN |
Dr. Chang is an angel.
Have you seen Dr. Mark Chang, MD?
Are you Dr. Chang?

Compare Dr. Chang

Dr. Chang's Care Philosophy

Dr. Chang's experience matches your search based on the following criteria:

•  Specializes in Orthopedic Spine Surgery
  •  Board certified in Orthopedic Surgery
  •  Malpractice claims in Indiana not available

Dr. Chang has no media or publications listed.

Healthgrades does not collect malpractice information for Indiana.

Why It Matters: Dr. Chang's Board Certifications

Completed in 1996

Yale University

Graduated in 1986

• Korean

Dr. Chang does not have any memberships or affiliations listed. If you are Dr. Chang and would like to add memberships or affiliations, please update your free profile.

• Orthopedic Spine Surgery

• Knee Dislocation Treatment
  • Knee Surgery
  • Knee and Leg Fracture and Dislocation Treatment
  • Kyphoplasty, Percutaneous
  • Lamina Procedures (incl. Laminectomy, Laminoplasty, Laminotomy)
  • Lumbar Fusion