Neuropsychiatry (Psychiatry)  |
Dr. Mark Chandler, MD
Dr. Mark Chandler, MD is a neuropsychiatry (psychiatry) doctor who practices in Durham, NC. He is 61 years old and has been practicing for 35 years.

3713 University Dr Ste B

Durham, NC 27707

• Magellan Health Services

Learn about Dr. Chandler

Dr. Chandler's Experience

Dr. Chandler's experience matches your search based on the following criteria:
  • Specializes in Neuropsychiatry (Psychiatry)
  • Board certified in Psychiatry

• Neuropsychiatry (Psychiatry)

• Psychiatry
    Accredited by: American Board of Psychiatry & Neurology*

• ADHD and-or ADD
  • Adjustment Disorder
  • Bipolar Disorder
  • Dysthymia and Cyclothymia (Mood Disorders)
  • Major Depressive Disorder
  • Obsessive-Compulsive Disorder (OCD)
  • Personality Disorders
  • Post-Traumatic Stress Disorder (PTSD)
  • Psychiatric Diseases
  • Psychosis
  • Psychosis Due to Mental Illness
  • Schizoaffective Disorder
  • Schizophrenia
  • Schizophreniform and Schizoaffective Disorder

• Psychiatric Evaluation

No malpractice history found for North Carolina.

• University Of Wisconsin Medical School
    Medical School | Graduated 1982
  • University Of Mi Hosps and Health Ctrs

Dr. Chandler has no media or publications listed.

Dr. Chandler does not have any memberships or affiliations listed. If you are Dr. Chandler and would like to add memberships or affiliations, please update your profile.

Dr. Chandler's Reviews

Likelihood of recommending Dr. Chandler to family and friends
3.6
Dr. Chandler's Performance
    GOOD
New Bern, NC |
Dr. Chandler has provided excellent consultative services on a state wide and national level for over 25 years. He is well respected and travels to respective sites to see patients and to monitor response to treatment. He is available 24/7 to address any questions that may arise related to treatment plans and will schedule patients to be seen in office as needed between his on-site visits.
New Bern, NC |
I don't know this doctor or the staff. It's hard to leave "stars" for someone I've never met bit our 12yr old special needs/medically fragile child is a resident at RHA Howell/River Bend in New Bern. Being that I have received "new patient" paperwork to file out for our son to see him yet their office is over 3hrs away. I will not allow him to be treated over the phone based on what RHA's employees feel like he needs. So any doctor that will treat via phone can't be good.
in Durham, NC |
Dr Chandler has known me since I was 5 and has helped me through many difficult moments in my life. I don't think I ever want to see another psychiatrist. He listens to me and I trust him. I am 18 now and hope he never retires.
in Chapel Hill, NC |
If I could leave less than one star I would. Completely incapable Doctor, extremely rude. Did not listen, rushed appointment and jaw dropping rude. He was referred to us by another doctor and obviously there will be no more further referrals.
in Durham, NC |
I work for a group home and we have several consumers who see Dr.Chandler. He is an excellent psychiatrist. He sees many patients that other psychiatrists won't because of the complexity of their disorders. After reading some of the other posts, you might get the idea that he and his office don't care. Wrong, wrong, wrong. He and his staff work hard every day treating and advocating for their patients. He is one of the only drs who will still do free prior approvals when others charge for this.
in Cary, NC |
I made an appointment with him. I don't hear on the phone well and went through a relay system once. Was called the next to be informed we were not a good match. No explanation. I found this very insensitive to people who are already suffering.
I've been seeing Dr. Chandler since early 2009. He has always been very responsive to my needs, scheduling has usually been easy and unlike others, I have always found his staff to be warm and friendly and happy to see me. I have found that he judges the amount of time with me based on my current needs. If I had one criticism to make, he has been more hurried at my recent o/v's. He does a lot of pro bono work and I think he may be overstretched. This may be why the recent reviews give low marks.
in Durham, NC |
Dr. Chandler is mostly good at what he does, but I've had issues with getting my point across to him as well as feeling like he has not really listened to me, resulting in medication issues and bad side effects. His office staff are cool, unfriendly, and bordering on rude. A friend of ours had a similar experience there with her son. After the medication issues, I would not recommend this office, unfortunately.
in Durham, NC |
He chose to discontinue treating my 12 year old child with no explanation and no referral. Extremely disappointed in his professionalism. Unfriendly office staff - In my daughter's words They are cruel.
Dr. Chandler is not necessarily the most warm and fuzzy of individuals, but he knows psychiatric medications better than most any other practitioner I've met in the field, and, unfortunately, I've seen my fair share. He truly cares about his patients and he stays up-to-date on the latest research in the field. I would highly recommend him.
Have you seen Dr. Mark Chandler, MD?
Are you Dr. Chandler?