Dr. Mark Burnett, MD

Dr. Mark Burnett, MD

NeurosurgeryMale

Neurosurgery

Dr. Mark Burnett, MD is a Neurosurgery Specialist in Austin, TX and has over 24 years of experience in the medical field. Dr. Burnett has extensive experience in Spine Disorders & Surgical Procedures. He graduated from University of Maryland School of Medicine in 1998. He is affiliated with medical facilities such as St. David's Medical Center and St. David's North Austin Medical Center. His office accepts new patients.

5625 Eiger Rd Ste 150 Austin, TX 78735

Hospital Highlight

Dr. Burnett is affiliated with St. David's Medical Center Austin, a highly rated hospital.

• Practices at Top Hospital America's 250 Best Hospitals Award™ See hospitals

More Neurosurgery Specialists at St. David's Medical Center

Dr. Burnett's Reviews

Likelihood to recommend Dr. Burnett

4.1

My Neurosurgeon Dr. Mark Burnett is absolutely amazing. For months, I was having serious neck and back issues. I had seen quite a few doctors (including orthopedic surgeons) before I found out about Dr. Burnett and his team at NeuroTexas. Looking back, I wish I had known about Dr. Burnett much earlier than I did because he is THE DOCTOR THAT GOT IT RIGHT. As soon as Dr. Burnett found out that I wanted to be his patient, he did absolutely everything in his power to begin returning my life back to normalcy. And he got it done. Dr. Burnett and his team correctly diagnosed my medical issue, scheduled my surgery to happen as soon as humanly possible, successfully performed my serious neck fusion operation at BS&W in Lakeway (10/10 experience), and then took great care of me after my operation. I'll never forget my first breath of air when I "came to" after my surgery. It was a wonderful feeling. Dr. Burnett and his entire team at NeuroTexas saved my life. Thank you, Dr. Burnett!
Joseph – Feb 17, 2022
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Mark Burnett, MD?
I had an injured neck and lower back. Both injuries caused extreme pain, headaches, nausea and stopped me from moving and stopped my life. Dr Burnett repaired my neck and lower spine. Three days after my neck surgery, I was new again. I could look outside without sunglasses, the headaches went away and nausea was gone. My lower back surgery was more complicated, but Dr Burnett and his team were quick at assisting me through the healing process. Today, I am 8 weeks post spinal fusion at my L3 and L4. I can do more than I have ever been able do since my fall/injury (35 minutes on elliptical, walking 2 miles). Everyday I am getting better and better. The hospital and Dr Burenett's team are amazing.
JCV – May 26, 2021
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Mark Burnett, MD?
He is very straightforward with you and honest. If he sees any other way around surgery he will let you know. He will not do surgery unless he feels it's absolutely necessary and cannot be avoided.
Linda L Delgado – Nov 06, 2020
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Mark Burnett, MD?
This doctor ruined my life. He performed a 12 hour surgery fusing my lumbar spine, removing facet joints and 3 discs without a single diagnostic injection. My problem with SI Dysfunction and he made it worse by fusing the lumbar. He also wrecked all chances of platelet induced regenerative treatment or prolotherapy treatement of the damaged ligaments by TRIPLING THE joint dysfunction. Now I have no choice but to have SI fusion. which will likely lead to another SI fusion and hip replacement. DO NOT LET THIS KNIFE HAPPY greedy man ruin your life. He does no diagnostic injections and speaks to no doctors who do. He is happy to get you on his surgery schedule and when you wake up that one little facet joint surgery turns into a triple fusion and three disc replacements. He ruined my life. And his nurse is awful. I knew he made my condition worse when I stepped down on my right foot. But she told me to toughen up and stop complaining. This is a place of horrors. stay out! -5 stars
  • Difficult to schedule appointment
  • Appointment was rushed
  • Didn't listen or answer questions
  • Didn't explain conditions well
  • Didn't trust the provider's decisions
Rosemary Merritt – Aug 03, 2019
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Mark Burnett, MD?
After a lot of research, my husband and I landed on Dr. Burnett as the best person to help us resolve my husband's major neck pain/numbness in his left arm. He proved to be an amazing choice for us and we appreciated his innovative perspective and that he did not just wish to go in and chop/fuze. He provided us with the least invasive option to solve the problem and was extremely knowledgeable, patient and professional. Only downside- good drs can be hard to get into!
Oz family in Austin, TX – Apr 13, 2019
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Mark Burnett, MD?
The good (great actually) doctor has operated on both my wife and daughter for different conditions. His care and work is SUPERB! He’s one of the best doctors or surgeons we’ve ever met. If the need arose we would consult him or make use of his services again as a first choice. His work and care are the reasons my wife is alive and well and my daughter has full use of her hands. He’s a good man and great and careing doctor. We count ourselves lucky to know him.
Tom in Dripping Springs, TX – Apr 11, 2019
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Mark Burnett, MD?
Dr. Burnett is a brilliant surgeon and diagnostician. He is spot on when it comes to your individual surgery and outcome. In 2017, Dr. Burnett removed hardware from L4-L5-S1 that had been improperly placed 24 years previously. He was also able to remove a wire from a transmitter close to my spine that kept me from being able to get a MRI. No other surgeon was willing to do that even at Mayo Clinic. I never needed a painkiller after the surgery. He sincerely cares about his patients and is kind.
Karen Brownfield in Austin, TX – Jan 02, 2019
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Mark Burnett, MD?
Has done all 3 of my back surgeries over a six year period. Is the most compassionate, caring, knowledgeable physician I know. Spends the time to find out what’s wrong with you and then gives you the information to decide your course of action. Highly recommend Dr Burnett for anyone who needs a neurosurgeon.
Mechsner Linda in Austin, TX – Jul 28, 2018
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Mark Burnett, MD?
Exceptional care with a patient centered approach! I have sought care for my back appx 1.5 years with little to no relief until now. Upon my first appt with Dr. Burnett it was evident that his priority was to not only diagnose my back, but to ensure I understood my condition and thoroughly educate my husband and I on treatment options using a collaborative approach. Dr. Burnett appeared confident that he could solve my back problem. Well ,I am 4 wks post-op back surgery and I must say, HE DID :)
Shana Gangi in Fort Hood – Feb 17, 2018
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Mark Burnett, MD?
If I could give Dr Burnett 6 stars, I would. My teenage son herniated a disc in his lumbar lifting weights. The sciatic pain was so bad, that he was unable to walk normally. We are now 4 weeks post op, and he is pain free. Dr Burnett gave him back his youth! I couldn’t be happier with the overall experience. Dr. Burnett even made calls to the insurance company during his vacation to help us get the procedure covered. Not many Docs would do that. He and his staff truly care about their patients.
A Wolff in Austin, TX – Sep 26, 2017
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Mark Burnett, MD?
Dr. Burnett came highly recommended by my sister in law. She had the same problem with her cervical disc C4-6 as myself. She was 100% satisfied with Dr. Burnett as I was as well. I had chronic pain in my neck and shoulder. Plus I'd lost strength & movement in my left arm. Three yrs. ago Dr. Burnett changed my life when he operated and fixed it. I can now raise my arm up above my head. It's absolutely the best decision I've ever made. I'm currently discussing my options for my lower back pain.
Lisa Preston in Buda, TX – May 17, 2017
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Mark Burnett, MD?
I had massive shoulder and neck pain for months last year. I had been to 2 different orthopedic surgeons who both recommended fusion. At my first appointment with Dr. Burnett, he listened to my story (my active lifestyle/my desire to get full motion back) and he gave me the best options. I wound up getting an artificial disk in my neck and the pain was gone. His surgical staff was excellent - as was his bedside manner and pre and post op communication style. One of the best docs in Austin.
Nancy Beesley in Austin, TX – Feb 13, 2017
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Mark Burnett, MD?
I had been to several neurologists and a variety of other doctors over the course of 2 years before finally visiting Dr. Burnett. He was compassionate, thorough, and most importantly took the time to discuss my issues with me in detail and explain to me what that meant. I cannot recommend him highly enough. He is my favorite doctor I have ever had by far. I wish more doctors took the time to engage with patients and help them understand their issues. Thank you so much.
RoseM in Austin, TX – Nov 30, 2016
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Mark Burnett, MD?
Dr Burnet is first class all the way. His bedside manner, to describing in detail the procedure and then he also follows up with the family too. I have had a spinal fusion with him along with an artificial disc in the neck. I am doing very well. He is very conservative and will only operate if all conservative measures have been reached (pain shots etc). He has the experience, knowledge and best interest of each patient that walks thru his door. I shopped around and always came back to him.
Marcia in Cedar Park, TX – Jul 10, 2016
We are pleased to hear that you are doing so...Read More
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Mark Burnett, MD?

How was your experience with Dr. Burnett?