Dr. Mark Brinker, MD

Dr. Mark Brinker, MD

Orthopedic Surgery  |

Dr. Mark Brinker, MD is an orthopedic surgery doctor who practices in Houston, TX. He is 57 years old and has been practicing for 30 years. Dr. Brinker is affiliated with Texas Orthopedic Hospital, Memorial Hermann - Texas Medical Center and Houston Methodist Hospital .

Fondren Orthopedic Group

7401 Main St

• Blue Cross Blue Shield of Texas

Learn about Dr. Brinker

Dr. Brinker's Experience

Dr. Brinker's experience matches your search based on the following criteria:
  • Specializes in Orthopedic Surgery

• Hip Pointer Injuries
  • Internal Derangement of Knee
  • Knee Dislocation
  • Knee Fracture
  • Leg Fracture Above Knee (incl. Hip)
  • Leg Fracture Below Knee (incl. Ankle)
  • Limb Cramp
  • Lupus
  • Muscular Dystrophy (MD)
  • Nerve Root Injury and Plexus Disorders (incl. Pinched Nerve)
  • Non-Unions and Malunions of Fractures

• Shoulder Fracture and Dislocation Treatment

Medical School | Graduated 1987
    Internship Hospital | Completed
    Fellowship Hospital | Completed

Dr. Brinker has no media or publications listed.

Dr. Brinker does not have any memberships or affiliations listed. If you are Dr. Brinker and would like to add memberships or affiliations, please update your profile.

Texas Orthopedic Hospital

is a Recipient of a Healthgrades Excellence Award
Patient Safety Excellence Award

Hospital Quality Award

Dr. Brinker is on the medical staff at our top-rated hospital.

View Awards

Dr. Brinker's Reviews

Likelihood of recommending Dr. Brinker to family and friends
4.4
Dr. Brinker's Performance
in Forney, TX |
Absolutely the best. Top notch care and service. If I ever need more work I will return here. Thank you for saving my arm.
in Houston |
Dr. Brinker did a fantastic job! His directness was what I needed. I feel that he is very good at what he does! Had to wait a bit.......worth the wait!!!!
in Tomball |
Dr. Brinker is a highly skilled, brilliant, talented, and caring doctor. I highly recommend him to anyone needing complex surgery. My son had a deformity of his left leg which was severely bowed. He first had to have his femur broken, and then his tibia, with an Ilizarov apparatus attached and 15 pins in his leg. My son says it was so crooked he did not think it was possible to straighten it. Thanks to Dr. Brinker it is now straight. My son says he has changed his life.
in League City |
After several failed surgeries for a broken humerus, it was recommended that I see Dr Brinker.. He immediately knew something was wrong with the bone causing it not to heal, even though cultures did not show infection. After removing the hardware, cleaning the bone, using antibiotics to clear up the infection, installing new hardware and carefully monitoring the healing, he was able to tell me that my humerus is now healed! If you need someone to fix the impossible, Dr Brinker is your Doctor!
in Humble, TX |
I don't think that I could ask for anything better. I had a broken femur and had a low level of pain for 20 years. He evaluated, assessed and took action that fixed the non-union that had plagued me for 20 years. I thank him for his professionalism and for his skill.
in Houston, TX |
I am giving Dr. Brinker 100% 5 stars. My story in short: I'm 46 years old and I broke my femoral neck racing AMA amateur Arena Cross March 13, 2016 in Lafayette LA. I was in surgery 3 hours later. After returning home to Houston, we searched for an orthopedic surgeon to treat me. Dr. Brinker was the only Dr. that would be Help me. I had some pretty serious complications with a non-union. Dr. Brinker helped me not have to have more surgery and a hip replacement. 18 month later I am healed!
in Atlanta GA |
More than a good doctor, I value the fact that Dr Mark Brinker is a good listener. More than being just professionals, I also value the fact that his staff's caring attitude is exceptional. Thank you Dr Mark Brinker for saving my leg.
in West Monroe, La. |
I had a compound (Pilon) fracture of my left fibula & tibia. 8 months later, an infection was found deep in the bone & I was facing amputation. I later saw Dr. Brinker & was told I had an infected non union. He was very confident that he could save my leg. He explained the process thoroughly. Soon after,I was placed in a bone transport external fixat0r. Dr Brinker saved my leg. I couldn't be more proud of him & his staff. He is my hero & I HIGHLY recommend him to anyone who is facing a serious
in Hemphill, Tx |
Dr Brinker is the best in my opinion, my son broke his leg in sept 2016 he had 5 surgeries with a different dr, his bone would never heal, thankfully we found dr Brinker, he went in took the other rod out put a new one in, figured out his bone was infected from the previous surgeries, he sent us to an infectious disease dr that took care of the infection, his bone started healing, dr Brinker healed his leg in 5 months, very thankful to have found but him!! Everyone is helpful and friendly
in Houston, TX |
I highly recommend Dr Brinker and his staff. I had an alignment issue due to a deformed Tibia. Dr Brinker was very straight forward about what he could do to help me and what he could not. Eight Months later and following his instructions, I have a perfectly aligned leg with no knee pain and all . Thank You Dr Brinker
in Spring, TX |
Following a very bad fall, our 37 year old autistic non-verbal son suffered a broken femur just below the hip socket over a year ago. After the first surgery and attempts to rehab his leg, my son would not walk and was in pain. The original Orthopedic Surgeon then referred us to Dr. Mark Brinker to address the nonunion fracture. The 5 hour surgery was successful and after a few months of recovery, our son is pain free and is beginning to walk again! We are extremely pleased with Dr. Brinker.
in Pinehurst, TX |
Dr.Brinker took my case when no one else would. He repaired my left femur compound fracture that wouldnt heal. He did a bone graft and put another plate with more screws so it would heal. He has been a wonderful doctor and always answered my questions even when it wasnt good news. I would and have recommended him to other people. God bless surgeons like him who dont just take the easy cases.
in Sugar Land, TX |
I was referred to Dr Brinker by another ortho because my orthopedic dr said Mark Brinker was the best in the business on non union breaks. I have to agree that he is the best. Great doctor and great bedside manner. I will definitely refer him and already have. Thank you Dr. Brinker for fixing my ankle. I am now able to walk with no pain.
in Houston, TX |
In 2008 I have a motorcycle accident. I sustained a bad fracture of my tibia/knee. I saw Dr. Brinker who immediately made me feel like I had the right person taking care of me. I am proud to say that I walk and do just about everything I want do thanks to Dr. Brinker's expertise in problem and high impact fractures. I am glad he was my first choice of surgeon for my complex problem.
in Houston, TX |
Dr. Mark Brinker rebuilt my badly broken leg in 2005. My injury included a compound tibula and fibula break. It took out my ankle joint as well. Dr. Brinker put me back together again. Since surgery I have gone snow skiing multiple times and can keep up with my 11 and 13 year old children. Every time I am out and about with my children and wife doing physical activities I thank Dr. Brinker in my thoughts. He is a great surgeon with great results. Thank you Dr. Brinker.
in Houston, TX |
Dr. Brinker has treated me for a couple of issues over the last few years and he is truly an incredible doctor. He is patient, kind-hearted, and very knowledgeable. His communication with me was direct, thorough, and understandable. I am very grateful to Dr. Brinker and his staff for the exceptional care I received.
in Houston, TX |
I broke my leg super bad and saw several orthopedic surgeons. I had 3 surgeries, and my leg was still really bad and the doctors even said that I could possibly need an amputation (I am only 28 years old). I eventually saw Dr. Brinker and he literally knew exactly what to do and I am totally fine. He saved my leg. I can't say enough about what Dr. Brinker did for me. I owe him everything. He really knows what to do with complex orthopedic problems. I wish I had went to him first.
in League City, TX |
I was hit head on riding my motorcycle and life flighted to Herrmann Hospital. My left femur was broken and displaced, my lower left leg sustained a crushing injury and my left arm was broken in two places. Dr. Brinker operated several times on me. Each operation was a complete success. I can't thank him enough for putting me back together. My entire family is grateful. I trust him with my life. Keith Gross, League City, Tx.
in Richmond, TX |
Dr. Brinker was a life saver for me. After going through 7 irrigation and debridements, I went to Dr. Brinker and he was the only physician that was able to detect what my real problem was. He told me exactly what to expect and how long it would take for me to recover. I can say that he is very honest and sincere and I have the utmost regard for him. In my opinion, he is simply the best, a man of few words but good deeds.
in Houston, TX |
In 2010, Dr. Brinker saved my step-son's arm. He suffered a compound fracture to his forearm which became infected and had undergone at least five prior surgeries. Dr. Brinker performed a groundbreaking procedure to avoid amputation, removing approximately 11 cm of diseased bone and grafting a cadaver bone in place. Six years later and all you can see on an x-ray are the screws. In response to a previous post, never once did he ask about insurance or payment method.
in Houston, TX |
Dr. Brinker is the best surgeon for complex orthopedic procedures. He is uniquely talented, experienced and confident. He communicates clearly and directly; he doesn't "candy coat" the situation but promises to give you his very best. He repaired my complex hip fracture and exceeded my expectations every step of the way. My outcome was great; I feel good as new. Thank you Dr. Brinker!
in Houston, TX |
Dr. Brinker is a gifted doctor and an exceptional human being. Dr. Brinker has an unparalleled command of his chosen medical discipline, orthopedic surgery. Dr. Brinker is capable of handling the simplest cases to to the most complex cases. Regardless of the level of case difficulty, Dr. Brinker provides excellent assessment, treatment and care, as well as comforting bedside manner. Dr. Brinkeris a uniquely capable orthopedic surgeon who I would recommend without qualification.
in Houston, TX |
I have been to see Dr. Brinker for two different injuries. He treated me for one and referred the other out to a specialist. I can say without any reservation, Dr. Brinker took exceptional care of me. He was very thorough in understanding my injury and offered several options for my treatment. I believe his actions with me demonstrate that his number one priority is his patients well being. I did not get even the slightest indication otherwise (as suggested by a previous reviewer.)
in Houston, TX |
He is a total egotist. He does not listen to your side of the situation. His song and dance about declining my surgical request boiled down to one reason. money! He did not want to accept medicare reimbursement as payment. SO if you are on medicare just don't waste your time and money....
As a policy, I have no idea what type of insurance any of my patients have. Our business office takes care of all financial matters, allowing me to focus 100 percent on my patients. I perform surgery on many Medicare patients each month and this data is available from the U.S. government found easily with an internet search. Not all patients are helped by surgery, and this must have been my assessment of Judy S in Houston.
in Houston, TX |
In 2003 I went to Texas Orthopedic Hospital to see Dr Mark Brinker as my only hope to save my leg after being told by many doctors that my leg needed to be amputated due to a bad bone infection from an ankle fracture. I'm so thankful to Dr Mark Brinker for going through the long journey with me and never gave up on me . I recommend Dr Mark Brinker every time I have the opportunity to do so. He is the best Orthopedic complex trauma doctor .
in Houston, TX |
Dr. Brinker is an incredible and brilliant surgeon. In 1995 I broke my leg, it was a fracture that would of resulted in an amputation. Many doctors would of sent me elsewhere but Dr. Brinker was the best decision. Complicated fractures are his specialty, what most doctors find impossible he doesn't. I thank Dr. Brinker and his staff for not giving up on me. I highly recommend Dr. Brinker to anyone who has lost hope in getting back to their everyday life.
in Houston, TX |
Dr. Brinker is very direct. He doesn't do small talk. Although he is a man of few words it is clear that he is brilliant and confident which is exactly what I was looking for! I highly recommend him to all my family and friends!
in Houston, TX |
I highly recommend him. After 3 doctors in Albuquerque NM, we flew Jenna to Houston to see Dr. Brinker. Her arm was repaired with several plates and many screws. Thanks to him and his knowledge she has full use of her arm and back on the slopes today. Although, he said she should stop snowboarding due to the danger of the sport. Well, that didn't happen and Jenna was not in agreement. She worked to get full range of motion. She was back on the slopes a year later. Thank you Dr. Brinker
Have you seen Dr. Mark Brinker, MD?

Visit Dr. Brinker

6565 Fannin St
Memorial Hermann - Texas Medical Center
6411 Fannin St
Houston, TX 77030

More Orthopedic Surgery Specialists like Dr. Brinker at Fondren Orthopedic Group