Dr. Mark Birmingham, DPM

Podiatric Surgery ·  Male · Age 40

Dr. Birmingham

Boulder Medical Center

2750 Broadway St Boulder, CO 80304

Dr. Mark Birmingham, DPM is a podiatric surgery specialist in Boulder, CO and has been practicing for 10 years. He graduated from Finch University of Health Sciences / Scholl College of Podiatric Medicine in 2006 and specializes in podiatric surgery and podiatry.

Dr. Birmingham's Reviews

Likelihood to recommend Dr. Birmingham

96.7741935483871%

Dr. Birmingham?
Dr. Birmingham's Performance
What People Say About Dr. Mark Birmingham, DPM
Dr. Birmingham seemed very insincere throughout the visit. He had a smile on but you could tell it was artificially plastered across his face and that he was eager to get out the door. He spent no more than one minute touching my foot for the exam. He did not have me stand up to see how the foot actually operated nor observe my gate nor ask about injuries nor take images. He suggested some products and when I asked where to buy them he told me to look online and couldn’t even tell me where specifically. When he left he told me that his assistant would come in with instructions and would help me further, but when his assistant came in the assistant was looking at me for direction. He had no idea what he was supposed to do because Dr. Birmingham did not instruct him and was already on to the next patient. I called the office back because they left out necessary information and they have not responded. This was two weeks ago. I am still in pain and have since found a different doctor.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Mark Birmingham, DPM?
I can't say enough good things about Dr. Birmingham. First and most importantly, he very clearly knows his stuff. He is careful to explain his findings and opinions. He listens really well, takes the time necessary to answer questions and has a fantastic bedside manner. He is calm, reassuring, relaxed and, sometimes, very funny-- a perfect mix of expert doctor and really kind, relatable person. I wouldn't hesitate to recommend Dr. Birmingham to anyone needing help with foot and ankle issues.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Mark Birmingham, DPM?
Dr. Birmingham was very professional, knowledgable, and friendly. HIs kind manner was much appreciated. He explained the surgical procedure with great detail and answered all questions to my satisfaction. He was very reassuring throughout the pre and post-operative stages. I highly recommend him.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Mark Birmingham, DPM?
I am very happy with the care I received from Dr. Birmingham. I saw him for a fibula fracture that required surgery. I felt totally comfortable with him performing the surgery. He gave me a clear explanation of the process what recovery required and guidance for rehabilitation. He is super personable, and kind. 10 weeks post surgery and my led feels great. Walking normal with no pain!
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Mark Birmingham, DPM?
He has a great personality, a deep knowledge base and a desire to help the patient help themselves.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Mark Birmingham, DPM?
Dr. Birmingham has a great bedside manner and professional approach to resolving your issues. We exhausted all passive possibilities of treatment before I got necessary surgery. The procedure was successful in the follow-up excellent. Dr. Birmingham and his team get my highest recommendation for their process and outcome. I’m very fortunate to have found him.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Mark Birmingham, DPM?
Dr. Birmingham is the best doctor ever! First of all, he’s a great medical doctor. But on top of that he has an exemplary “bedside manner”! He is knowledgeable, kind and caring. He listens and is practical in his assessments and treatment advice. His staff is equally accommodating and efficient. I completely recommend Dr. Birmingham!
Dear Mary: We are incredibly grateful that you...Read More
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Mark Birmingham, DPM?
Dr. Birmingham did reconstructive surgery on my ankle. If it hadn't been for his precision and excellent work, I would not be able to walk. The surgery was fairly invasive, but my complete healing couldn't have gone better! Thank you Dr. Birmingham!
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Mark Birmingham, DPM?
I can't offer enough praise for Dr. Birmingham and his staff. I was suffering with extremely painful Plantar Fasciitis weeks before the Leadville 100 Trail run race. Dr. Birmingham came up with a treatment plan, and two weeks later I was able to complete the race with almost no pain in my feet! He cares, he listens, and I highly recommend anyone suffering from PF to go see him. He even looked up my race results online and sent me a text immediately after the race to congratulate me!
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Mark Birmingham, DPM?
Dr. Birmingham treated my broken ankle. At our first meeting, before we even discussed the intricacies of the impending surgery/recovery, he stated that our goal was a "positive outcome". Thus we started out on a high note. The surgery went well. He and his staff were attentive to treating the post-op pain, and he connected me with an excellent physical therapy practice. Thanks to his skills and optimism, I'm 3 months out from surgery and ready to resume a normal life.
Thank you, Nancy, for taking the time to post...Read More
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Mark Birmingham, DPM?
I had extensive surgery on my left foot on June 4, 2018, done by Dr Mark Birmingham. I cannot stress enough how pleased I am with the results. The surgery was a shining success, and any recovery questions I had were promptly and extensively addressed by Dr Mark and his excellent staff. From the assistants to the receptionists in his office, ALL were kind, caring, patient, and supportive during my recovery. I would HIGHLY recommend Dr Mark and his entire staff for any foot issues.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Mark Birmingham, DPM?
Dr. Mark Birmingham. From beginning to end this was as excellent treatment as I've received in Boulder. At all times Dr. Birmingham took the time to share all the treatment options with me , the choices available and the consequences of any treatment. I chose surgery and he was very realistic about what to expect and how long recovery would take. The surgery and recovery went perfectly. Dr. Birmingham was always encouraging and positive and always professional. I would highly recommend him.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Mark Birmingham, DPM?
I am so blessed to have found Dr. Birmingham! He is highly adept at both the art and science of being a doctor. That is, he is not only great at what he does but he knows exactly how to treat people. I had surgery two days ago and I’ve never felt so truly cared for and understood by a doctor. I am very optimistic about the future of my foot thanks to Dr. Birmingham. I highly recommend him!
Thank you so much for your positive review of Dr....Read More
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Mark Birmingham, DPM?
Dr. Birmingham has been treating my ankle for the past 5 months. He first prescribed a conservative, noninvasive approach (PT). Once it was clear that PT was not healing the underlying damage, he operated. The operation appears to be a definite success. He repaired several torn ligaments, a torn tendon, and some bone microfractures. After 8 weeks I am walking and riding my bike again. Throughout, he communicated with humility and confidence. All in all, I am very pleased. I highly recommend!
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Mark Birmingham, DPM?
Very friendly, attentive, skilled in the art, great follow ups.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Mark Birmingham, DPM?
Dr. Birmingham was knowledgeable and patient in explaining my options prior to ankle surgery and has been equally helpful in follow-up appointments. He answers all of my questions and lets me know what to expect at each stage. He is approachable and never feels rushed during appointments. I'm very pleased with the results of my surgery; I’ve had very little pain or swelling and am on the way to full recovery. I highly recommend him to those exploring options to repair ankle instability and pain.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Mark Birmingham, DPM?
Mark is smart, careful, friendly, really good at answering questions, totally up on the latest. I have now seen him seven times for osteoarthritis treatments.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Mark Birmingham, DPM?
What great luck that I found this doctor! Very personable, professional and really knowledgeable. He immediately was able to diagnose my problem; fully explained various types of treatment; and quickly got me healing. I can't recommend Dr. Benjamin highly enough...at 74 I've had many physicians in my life, and he's one of the finest!
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Mark Birmingham, DPM?
I went to Dr. Birmingham to get his opinion about chronic bursitis at the back of my heel. He was extremely personable and answered all of my detailed questions about the surgical options, risks, recovery period, physical therapy, etc. During our discussion he mentioned a paper from a medical journal which described one of the procedures. I was interested in reading it, so I wrote down the author's name. Dr. Birmingham actually printed out the paper and gave it to me as I was leaving.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Mark Birmingham, DPM?
Dr. Birmingham was very professional and skilled yet compassionate. He listened carefully with empathy and his bedside manner was excellent. I would highly recommend him.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Mark Birmingham, DPM?

How was your experience with Dr. Birmingham?

As a Board Certified foot and ankle surgeon, I specialize in disorders and injuries of the foot and ankle. I am a devoted patient advocate who strongly believes that quality education and training make a difference in treatment outcomes. I also believe that educating the patient is key to the patient's success in return to activity.

• Podiatric Surgery

2001
pittsburg state university
2006
2001

Dr. Birmingham accepts most major insurance plans.

Dr. Birmingham has indicated that he accepts most major insurance carriers

(303) 440-3000Find providers who accept this insurance

No malpractice claims found for Colorado

Check Dr. Birmingham's experience treating your condition or procedure