Dermatology  |
Dr. Mark Bernhardt, MD
Dr. Mark Bernhardt, MD is a dermatology doctor who practices in Fort Lauderdale, FL. He is 63 years old and has been practicing for 37 years.

1601 E Broward Blvd

Fort Lauderdale, FL 33301

• Blue Cross Blue Shield of Florida

Learn about Dr. Bernhardt

See how frequently Dr. Bernhardt performs your care needs compared to other doctors.

Poison Ivy, Poison Oak, or Poison Sumac Poisoning
Atopic Dermatitis (Eczema)
Warts

Dr. Bernhardt's percentages are based on the rate of treatment compared to peers nationwide from insurance data. Learn more info about our data and this Top Care Areas component.

• Dermatology

• Dermatology
    Accredited by: American Board of Dermatology*

• Actinic Keratosis
  • Atopic Dermatitis (Eczema)
  • Basal Cell Carcinoma
  • Herpes Simplex Infection
  • Intertrigo
  • Itchy Skin
  • Lice
  • Moles (Benign Skin Lesions)
  • Pemphigoid

• Massachusetts General Hospital
    Residency Hospital | Completed 1985
  • U Ala
    Residency Hospital | Completed 1982

Dr. Bernhardt has no media or publications listed.

Dr. Bernhardt does not have any memberships or affiliations listed. If you are Dr. Bernhardt and would like to add memberships or affiliations, please update your profile.

Dr. Bernhardt's Reviews

Likelihood of recommending Dr. Bernhardt to family and friends
4.0
Dr. Bernhardt's Performance
in Ft. Lauderdale |
Dr. Bernhardt is a fantastic doctor. I've been to a few other dermatologists in Broward County and none compare to Dr. Bernhardt. He is incredibly smart and a wizard at diagnosing my condition. Beyond being such a great doctor, I never have to wait, his front desk is always so accommodating, and he is a pleasure to talk to whenever we meet. Highly recommend Dr. Bernhardt to anyone in need of a skin doctor
Pompano Beach, FL |
The best doctor I ever saw. Caring and a superb diagnostician
in Delray |
5 stars for Dr. B He's the perfect doctor. Hardly ever wait, great conversation, beautiful office, and most importantly I know he'll always fix my issues. I had dermatologists that couldn't figure out what was wrong with me when I came for check-ups. Dr. Bernhardt is different. He is like the Sherlock Holmes of skin. I never have an idea what's wrong with me when I go to him, but a week later I'm back to normal. If you're looking for a doctor in Ft. Lauderdale, definitely check him out
in Hollywood |
Came in very concerned about a spot on my nose that other dermatologists had ignored. Dr. Bernhardt correctly diagnosed it as a basal cell and saved my life in my opinion. I will never go to another dermatologist. Going to him is a treat. He runs an efficient office - I hardly have to wait. Plus his office is super cool. I also find him to be super genuine. He just cares about his patients not selling them unnecessary expensive treatments. GREAT DOCTOR!
in A |
Dr. Bernhardt SAVED MY LIFE. I noticed a mole that my other dermatologist told me was nothing and Dr. Bernhardt thought otherwise. It turned out to be a melanoma! Thank god for Dr. B. The guy is so much smarter than my last derm and all of the other doctors I've been to. He trained at Yale and Harvard and lectures others derms. He's like a jedi dermatologist. If you need a new dermatologist and live in South FL, check out Dr. Bernhardt
in Chicago, IL |
I have been seeing Dr. Bernhardt for twenty years. Of all the doctors I have had in my life, Dr. Bernhardt stands out for his intelligence, compassion, and genuineness. All my friends tell me how their dermatologists are sleezy salesmen who misdiagnose their conditions. I always refer them to Dr. Bernhardt. He's an old school doctor who is focused on the medical conditions. He will 100% get you better. I expect nothing less from someone who trained at both Yale and Harvard. A PLUS PLUS!
in Miami |
Dr. B is the man. I've been going to him since I was a kid and had terrible acne. Dr. B helped fix my acne and even though I moved away from Ft. Lauderdale I still make the trip up to see him today. His office is super cool - it's like a museum. Our conversations are always a blast. And most importantly he fixes my problems and I never have to wait
in Hollywood |
Dr. Bernhardt is so nice and a fantastic doctor! I had a condition that several doctors could not figure out and I finally was recommended by a friend to visit Dr. B. He had a completely different diagnosis than my other doctors and my condition was fixed within the week. I have finally found my dermatologist!
in Chicago, IL |
Dr. Bernhardt is my favorite doctor. Seeing him is always a treat. I never wait and he diagnoses my condition efficiently. He's been practicing so long and trained at Yale and Harvard - I know that I am in great hands when I see him. He's diagnosed several melanomas over the years and has literally saved my life. Highly recommend!!
in Fort Lauderdale |
Dr. Bernhardt is fantastic. His knowledge of dermatology is superb. He's not like other dermatologists that I have been to who are focused on cosmetics and selling some expensive surgery. Dr. Bernhardt is only focused on his patients health, diagnosing their condition, and getting them better. They don't make doctors like this anymore. SIX STARS!!!
Ft Lauderdale, FL |
I have been going to dr bernhardt for 20+ years and have always been totally satisfied with his care He takes the time to explain whats going on and always makes me feel that i am part of The Team Plus his office staff always accomodates my crazy schedule!
Ft Lauderdale, FL |
Efficient, compassionate and comprehensive Everything i wanted in a dermatologist!
Pompano Beach, FL |
I would never recommend this guy. He totally missed a melanoma on my face. Thank heavens I trusted my gut and sought a second opinion. I needed immediate surgery. I'm now praying the results of my biopsy are ok. Avoid him like the plague.
Los Angeles, CA |
I initially really liked Dr. Berhardt, really liked him. However after my last two appointments, I don't think I would ever feel safe enough to go back, Not only did her refuse to listen, some of comments were so inappropriate, that it was hours before I okay again. He knows his stuff, but not worth feeling uncomfortable and less than
Boca Raton, FL |
Dr. Bernhardt is a funny guy, but his jokes don't make up for his utter lack of focus on his patients' needs. I have been seeing Dr. Bernhardt for roughly three years but no longer. I have seen him for two issues - one cosmetic and one health - he has not improved either. He spends very little time listening to his patients and very little time thinking about the best solution for the problem. He'd rather you be impressed by his quick thinking than leave with a solution that will work.
Fort Lauderdale, FL |
Dr. Bernhardt is extremely unethical. I was referenced to a plastic surgeon for an in-office procedure. I am still waiting for confirmation that all of the in-situ melanoma has been removed. I certainly hope it has with the 4 inch scar i now have on my shoulder, and debt of over $2,000.00 in hospital bills.
in Ft Lauderdale, FL |
As a result of Dr. Bernhardt's simultaneous thorough, expert quarterly examinations and calm, jovial demeanor, I successfully and confidently addressed several types of skin cancer over the past two decades. I never doubt him, and I genuinely appreciate the way he engages in small talk while scanning my entire body with what I can only describe as microscopic goggles. He once rightfully insisted I have Mohs surgery on my face, and I will be forever grateful for his expertise and his advice.
in Ft Lauderdale, FL |
Wonderful, caring, extremely competent skin doctor.
Ft Lauderdale, FL |
I haven't met Mr. Bernhardt as I was unable to make an appointment. The receptionist was very rude making false accusations. I didn't even want to make an appointment after our conversation. However, I was referred to Dr. Bernhardt and I tried calling back to speak to someone else and then was told there was no one else. I was hung up on 3 times. I'm sharing this experience because I think it is important for Mr. Dr. Bernhardt to know how his receptionist treats new patients.
Fort Lauderdale, FL |
Did not thoroughly investigate problem areas. Refused to consider other alternatives. Turns out he misdiagnosed and had to go to another dermatologist to find that out.
Hollywood, FL |
Misdiagnosed a skin cancer that I pointed out. Also, Not thorough exam
in Dania Beach, FL |
Great, caring straight shooting doctor!!, A Plus!
Have you seen Dr. Mark Bernhardt, MD?
Are you Dr. Bernhardt?