Dr. Mark Baucom, MD

Dr. Mark Baucom, MD

Dermatology | Male

I always treat patients the way I'd want myself or my family to be treated. Cosmetically, I think a natural look is far more important than removing every line or wrinkle! With my Mohs practice (more than 20,000 cases performed) my goal is an inconspicuous scar-you have to wear that face every day!

I am lucky to have 3 wonderful women in my life: my wife, Anne, who has put up with me for over 20 years and my teen daughters who teach me every day a new perspective.

Dr. Baucom's Experience

See how Dr. Baucom's experience matches your preferences.

Visiting Dr. Baucom

Dr. Baucom accepts 16 insurance carriers

Check out the quality of care at the 2 hospitals where Dr. Baucom has admitting privileges.

Dr. Baucom's Reviews

Likelihood of recommending Dr. Baucom to family and friends
Dr. Baucom Says:

I have been blown away by the nice comments patients have made. IF anyone ever has an experience or suggestion, I want it made to me! I value the practice I've built and want it to be the best experience possible for every patient.

Dr. Baucom's Performance
in Atlanta, GA |
Dr. Baucom performed Mohs procedure on basal cell carcinoma on my nose. Procedure is known to be a long appointment for the patient but I was out in 3 hours. He is very competent and has a great staff. I since discovered that Dr Baucom did the same procedure on my family doctor and the cancer was on his lip and I had never noticed any surgery having been performed.
in Acworth, GA |
Dr. Baucom and his entire staff made me feel comfortable when I was very nervous. They showed true concern and they were extremely knowledgeable. From making the appointment to follow up they were all very professional but warm and caring. Dr. Baucom even called me personally to check on me later in the day.
Atlanta, GA |
I saw Dr. Baucom over a year ago to remove some bumps (syringomas) under my eyes. He could not have been nicer during the consultation and the procedure itself. The first time I went in to have the procedure done, I actually had to run out as soon as he entered the room because my daughter had an allergic reaction while at home with a babysitter; he was VERY understanding. I was very satisfied with the outcome of the procedure and would not hesitate to go back to him in the future.
in Johns Creek, GA |
I needed MOHS surgery on my face several years ago and my Derm. recommended Dr. Baucom. It was a nerve wracking experience to have your face cut on (in my case, three times to get clean margins) for most of the day, but the Dr. and his staff know their stuff and I was so glad I didn't go elsewhere. in the end, my scar is barely noticeable without makeup and not noticeable at all with it! The worst part for me was having the stitches taken out since I had no drugs for that. Dr. Baucom is fab!
If I could give my surgical experience 10 stars I would have. Dr. Baucom and his staff really treated me with the best possible care today. I had 2 previous skin surgeries performed by other doctors in another state to compare it to -- This was exceptional! I hope my scar heals as well as my experience.
in jacksonville |
dr mark put my lip an face together after we found a bad basil had grown an spread!! he is great!!
in Alpharetta, GA |
Basal cell removal from my face. There is practically no scar at all. Quick healing, no issues.
Have you seen Dr. Mark Baucom, MD?
Are you Dr. Baucom?

Compare Dr. Baucom

Dr. Baucom's Care Philosophy

Dr. Baucom says...

I've treated almost 30,000 skin cancers and we don't even count the benign things or cosmetic procedures. I am always going to do what I think is in the best interest of the patient, even if that means saying "No". My staff is EXCELLENT and I owe them much of the credit for the entire patient experience. We work like a family/team and I really love what I do.

I do have a busy practice; people have literally come from all over the world in our practice (they usually have family in Atlanta; I'm not a celebrity). I try to give each patient individualized attention and fortunately we really get to know out patients well. Skin cancer (or considering a cosmetic procedure) can be daunting and we honestly treat you the way we would want to be treated.

I couldn't do this without the support of my incredibly smart anesthesiologist wife, Anne and our great daughters, Claire and Kate, (who think my job is "gross").

Dr. Baucom says...

Dr. Baucom's experience matches your search based on the following criteria:

•  Specializes in Dermatology
  •  Board certified in Dermatology

• Phi Beta Kappa, 1986

Dr. Baucom has no media or publications listed.

No malpractice history found for Georgia.

Why It Matters: Dr. Baucom's Board Certifications

• Keloid Scar
  • Lipodystrophy
  • Lipomas
  • Melanoma
  • Moles (Benign Skin Lesions)
  • Scars

Completed in 1995

Emory University

Graduated in 1986

• German

Dr. Baucom does not have any memberships or affiliations listed. If you are Dr. Baucom and would like to add memberships or affiliations, please update your free profile.

• Dermatology