Dr. Mark F. Baucom, MD

Dr. Mark F. Baucom, MD

Mohs Micrographic Surgery | Male

Georgia Dermatologic Sgy Centers 5555 Peachtree Dunwoody Rd Ste 206, Atlanta, GA 30342 Get Directions
(404) 943-1996

Learn about this Doctor

I always treat patients the way I'd want myself or my family to be treated. Cosmetically, I think a natural look is far more important than removing every line or wrinkle! With my Mohs practice (more than 20,000 cases performed) my goal is an inconspicuous scar-you have to wear that face every day!Read more

Dr. Baucom's Experience

100Experience
Match

See how Dr. Baucom's experience matches your preferences.

Visiting Dr. Baucom

Dr. Baucom accepts 16 insurance carriers

Check out the quality of care at the 3 hospitals where Dr. Baucom has admitting privileges.

Hospital Quality Awards

Dr. Baucom's Reviews

Help millions of people find the right doctor. Share your experience today!
Likelihood of recommending Dr. Baucom to family and friends
Experience with Dr. Baucom
Dr. Baucom's Office & Staff
    10 – 15 minutes (28)
Dr. Mark F. Baucom, MD says

I have been blown away by the nice comments patients have made. IF anyone ever has an experience or suggestion, I want it made to me! I value the practice I've built and want it to be the best experience possible for every patient.

in Acworth, GA |
Dr. Baucom and his entire staff made me feel comfortable when I was very nervous. They showed true concern and they were extremely knowledgeable. From making the appointment to follow up they were all very professional but warm and caring. Dr. Baucom even called me personally to check on me later in the day.
Atlanta, GA |
I saw Dr. Baucom over a year ago to remove some bumps (syringomas) under my eyes. He could not have been nicer during the consultation and the procedure itself. The first time I went in to have the procedure done, I actually had to run out as soon as he entered the room because my daughter had an allergic reaction while at home with a babysitter; he was VERY understanding. I was very satisfied with the outcome of the procedure and would not hesitate to go back to him in the future.
in Johns Creek, GA |
I needed MOHS surgery on my face several years ago and my Derm. recommended Dr. Baucom. It was a nerve wracking experience to have your face cut on (in my case, three times to get clean margins) for most of the day, but the Dr. and his staff know their stuff and I was so glad I didn't go elsewhere. in the end, my scar is barely noticeable without makeup and not noticeable at all with it! The worst part for me was having the stitches taken out since I had no drugs for that. Dr. Baucom is fab!
If I could give my surgical experience 10 stars I would have. Dr. Baucom and his staff really treated me with the best possible care today. I had 2 previous skin surgeries performed by other doctors in another state to compare it to -- This was exceptional! I hope my scar heals as well as my experience.
in jacksonville |
dr mark put my lip an face together after we found a bad basil had grown an spread!! he is great!!
in Alpharetta, GA |
Basal cell removal from my face. There is practically no scar at all. Quick healing, no issues.
Have you seen Dr. Mark F. Baucom, MD?

Compare Dr. Baucom

• Mohs Micrographic Surgery
  • Cosmetic Dermatologic Surgery
  • Cosmetic Dermatology
  • Dermatologic Surgery

Why It Matters: Dr. Baucom's Board Certifications

• Dermatology

Dr. Baucom says..

I've treated well over 20,000 skin cancers and we don't even count the benign things or cosmetic procedures. I am always going to do what I think is in the best interest of the patient, even if that means saying "No". My staff is EXCELLENT and I owe them much of the credit for the entire patient experience. We work like a family/team and I really love what I do.

I do have a busy practice; people have literally come from all over the world in our practice (they usually have family in Atlanta; I'm not a celebrity). I try to give each patient individualized attention and fortunately we really get to know out patients well. Skin cancer (or considering a cosmetic procedure) can be daunting and we honestly treat you the way we would want to be treated.

I couldn't do this without the support of my incredibly smart anesthesiologist wife, Anne and our great daughters, Claire and Kate, (who think my job is "gross").

This information was supplied by or on behalf of the provider.
  • Actinic Keratosis
  • Keloid Scar
  • Lipodystrophy
  • Lipomas
  • Melanoma
  • Moles (Benign Skin Lesions)
  • Scars

• Liposuction
  • Mohs Surgery
  • Neck Liposuction
  • Scar Revision Surgery

No malpractice history found for Georgia.

Emory University School Of Medicine

Completed in 1995

Emory University

Graduated in 1986

• Phi Beta Kappa, 1986

Dr. Baucom has no media or publications listed.

• German

Dr. Baucom does not have any memberships or affiliations listed. If you are Dr. Baucom and would like to add memberships or affiliations, please update your free profile.

×

Dr. Baucom's experience matches your search based on the following criteria:

• Specializes in Mohs Micrographic Surgery
  • Board certified in Dermatology
×

Why Does Experience Matter?

Patient Satisfaction Results for Dr. Baucom

Overall Patient Satisfaction Score

Dr. Baucom's Office & Staff

Ease of scheduling urgent appointments
Office environment, cleanliness, comfort, etc.
Staff friendliness and courteousness
Total wait time (waiting & exam rooms)
10 – 15 minutes

Experience with Dr. Baucom

Level of trust in provider's decisions
How well provider explains medical condition(s)
How well provider listens and answers questions
Spends appropriate amount of time with patients

Dr. Baucom's Care Philosophy