Dr. Mark L. Barba, MD

Learn about this Doctor

Dr. Barba's Experience

94Experience
Match

See how Dr. Barba's experience matches your preferences.

Visiting Dr. Barba

Dr. Barba accepts 10 insurance carriers

10 Insurance Carriers Accepted*

*Please verify this information when scheduling an appointment

/* /.overlay-container */}

Check out the quality of care at the 3 hospitals where Dr. Barba has admitting privileges.

Hospital Quality Awards

Reviewing Dr. Barba

Dr. Barba's Review Details
4.5 based on 55 responses
Experience with Dr. Barba
Dr. Barba's Office & Staff
    10 – 15 minutes (52)
in Mendota, IL |
Doctor and his staff took outstanding care of me. Both before and after surgery. I was walking without a cane after 2 weeks and driving. It has been 6 weeks now and I'm off of all pain medication and doing great.
in Rockford, IL |
I had a couple opinions and I thought that Dr. Barba was a lot more positive about the surgery and outcome. As it turned out, he was more accurate about the outcome.
in Oregon, IL |
I met with Dr Barba two years ago because both of my knees had deteriorated to bone on bone. I had one knee done and just went back to work after the second knee replacement. I am pain free after years of medication and therapy. Like another reviewer, I appreciated his knowledge and skill. Especially appreciated the prayer before surgery. Please consider Dr Barba if you are needing a joint replacement or just want a consult...you will not be disappointed. Thank you Dr Barba!
in Belvidere, IL |
I was very happy with the results of my total hip replacement performed by Dr. Barba. I was very hesitant of having it done; but he was very thorough in explaining the complete procedure to me; helping me to understand and feel comfortable. Results are great and I'm golfing and doing yard work, etc.
in Rockford, Il |
He is very knowledgeable and personable. It is obvious he actually cares about his patients.
in Rockford, IL |
He has preformed 3 hip surgeries the last one was due to a recall of the brand of hip that was used
in Cherry Valley, IL |
Dr Batrba is an excellent Dr.! Treated me as if I was his only patient. Took the time to explain things to me. Made sure I needed the hip replacement surgery. He was the only Dr I've ever had that kept in touch with me to ensure the hip replacement was doing well. Dr took time prior to surgery to say a little prayer for me. He was the best Dr I've ever had!!! Will refer him to everyone I know!!!!!!
in Rockford, IL |
After five years of medication and multiple physical therapy sessions, Dr. Barba let me make the decision to replace my left knee. He listened carefully to my concerns and answered my questions directly. He is soft spoken and kind. I always felt welcome and none of my worries were treated as silly or unfounded. I felt confident in his knowledge of my case and how best to bring me pain relief. When the time is right, Dr. Barba will replace my right knee. I highly recommend him.
in Roscoe, IL |
Very personable and took the time to explain the procedure in detail to make me comfortable with it. He made me feel that he valued me as a person rather than just a patient.
in Sterling, IL |
Am 60 yr old male that had right Birmingham hip replacement eight yrs ago (2008) by Dr. Barba at OSF St. Anthony. Have experienced great results. Hospital experience was excellent. Two subsequent visits for xrays all looked good. Blood ion tests all were negative. I would recommend Dr. Barba to anyone considering Birmingham hip replacement.
in Rockford, IL |
Implanted TWO Birmingham Hip Resurfacing systems, right and left hips in 2009, 2010. BOTH failed after increasing levels of cobalt chromium every year. Metallosis evident in the xrays. Xrays show the right hip was failing from the first year and signs of metallosis in tissues requiring extensive tissue removal from the right and tissue removal and bone grafting on the left hip. Still recuperating after 3 months and may never regain my gait without a cane. I am female.
in Loves Park, IL |
Dr. Barba performed my first hip replacement 10 years ago and my second 3 months ago. I had speedy and excellent recovery processes for both. He is the only orthopedic surgeon I would recommend to my friends and family. As a health care provider, he is one of the most compassionate and competent physician I have ever met.
in Rockford, IL |
I had a total hip replacement and the results were outstanding. I had been suffering for two years and now I'm pain free. Dr. Barba made me feel at ease and answered all my questions. I felt total confidence in Dr. Barba and his staff. I would highly recommend him if you are searching for an orthopedic surgeon.
Caledonia, Illinois |
Awesome Dr, great experience everytime. Has done both of my hips. Always clear to describe my condition, compassionate, fun. Was great in the office and in the hospital.
in Dixon, IL |
Dr. Barba found the problem with a knee replacement I had in 2014 (by a different physician in a different city)that the original physician overlooked despite many revisits for pain. After 18 months of this,I scheduled a 2nd opinion with Dr. Barba.He found the problem immediately.A few weeks later Dr. Barba did a knee replacement revision surgery & now, 6 weeks following the 2nd surgery, I am pain free & have more flexion in my knee than I have had for 2 years! Best decision I could have made!
in Rockford, IL |
excellent experience. Couldn't ask for a better Dr.
in Winnebago Il |
Excellent outcome Could not be more pleased
Have you seen Dr. Mark L. Barba, MD?
Are you Dr. Mark L. Barba, MD? Post a response on your personalized profile.

Compare Dr. Barba

Why It Matters: Dr. Barba's Board Certifications

Dr. Barba says..

The treatment of hip and knee pain are central to my practice.  Because Orthoillinois is multidisciplinary (has a lot of different orthopedic specialties), I can usually find someone to help if my special training is not an exact fit for your special problem.

I specialize in the replacement of the human hip and knee joint.  This includes the management of replacements that have worn out, or perhaps are not performing up to expectation.

This information was supplied by or on behalf of the provider.
  • Hip Fracture
  • Hip Pain
  • Knee Dislocation
  • Knee Fracture
  • Knee Pain
  • Knee Sprain
  • Leg Fracture Above Knee (incl. Hip)
  • Leg Fracture Below Knee (incl. Ankle)
  • Osteoarthritis of Hip and Thigh

Rush Joint Replacement and Research Fellowship, Rush University, Chicago, IL

Completed in 1997

University Of Illinois Urbana Champaign

Graduated in 1985

Dr. Barba has no awards or honors listed.

Dr. Barba has no media or publications listed.

Dr. Barba does not have any memberships or affiliations listed. If you are Dr. Barba and would like to add memberships or affiliations, please update your free profile.

×

Dr. Barba's experience matches your search based on the following criteria:

• Specializes in Orthopedic Surgery
  • Board certified in Orthopedic Surgery
  • Malpractice claims found
×

Why Does Experience Matter?

Patient Satisfaction Results for Dr. Barba

Overall Patient Satisfaction Score

Dr. Barba's Office & Staff

Ease of scheduling urgent appointments
Office environment, cleanliness, comfort, etc.
Staff friendliness and courteousness
Total wait time (waiting & exam rooms)
10 – 15 minutes

Experience with Dr. Barba

Level of trust in provider's decisions
How well provider explains medical condition(s)
How well provider listens and answers questions
Spends appropriate amount of time with patients

Dr. Barba's Care Philosophy

I always knew I wanted to be a doctor and no matter what the reason for your appointment, I look forward to our visit. It is the people that are my motivation to be in healthcare. As an orthopedic surgeon I chose to further subspecialize in joint replacement because I have a hard time with failure. Replacement of an arthritic joint is almost always a victory. I take great pleasure in helping people return to the activities in life they enjoy!

Dr. Barba says...