Dr. Mark Barba, MD

Orthopedic Surgery | Male

OrthoIllinois 5875 E Riverside Blvd Rockford, IL 61114 Get Directions
Dr. Mark Barba, MD
Dr. Mark Barba, MD is an orthopedic surgery doctor who practices in Rockford, IL. He is 54 years old and has been practicing for 26 years. Dr. Barba is affiliated with Rockford Memorial Hospital, Osf Saint Anthony Medical Center and SwedishAmerican Hospital.

Dr. Barba's Care Philosophy

I always knew I wanted to be a doctor and no matter what the reason for your appointment, I look forward to our visit. It is the people that are my motivation to be in healthcare. As an orthopedic surgeon I chose to further subspecialize in joint replacement because I have a hard time with failure. Replacement of an arthritic joint is almost always a victory. I take great pleasure in helping people return to the activities in life they enjoy!

Dr. Barba's Experience

See how Dr. Barba's experience matches your preferences.

Visiting Dr. Barba

Dr. Barba accepts 11 insurance carriers

Dr. Barba is now accepting new patients

Check out the quality of care at the 3 hospitals where Dr. Barba has admitting privileges.

Dr. Barba's Reviews

Likelihood of recommending Dr. Barba to family and friends
Dr. Barba's Performance
in Rockford, IL |
I am satisfied with my surgical outcome. Exceeded expectations. Dr. Barba narcotic free pain management is great, I did not need to take stronger pain medication at all. I would come back to see him for all my other orthopedic problems in the future
in Rockford, IL |
My experience was great. I liked his non narcotic pain plan. I was surpriced about not needing stronger pain medications.
in Rockford, IL |
I recommend Dr. Barba to anyone. Highly satisfied with my surgical outcome.
Rockford, IL |
He is a miracle worker, definitely recommend him!!
in Rockford, IL |
I love how Dr. Barba listened to me and was always concerned about my wellbeing. My pain management was great after surgery, his non-norcatic pain management worked great for me. I can ambulated without a cane now, something I was not able to do prior to surgery.
in Rockford, IL |
Dr. Barba was great to work with. He explained the whole process thoroughly. I also had minimal pain post operatively. Highly recommended
in Loves Park, IL |
Dr Barba was great. He is more than willing to answer any questions and explains his procedure in detail
in Rockford, IL |
Dr. Barba has a great bedside manner..
in Rockford, IL |
My surgical experience was wonderful. I was impressed his compassion and how caring he was throughout my pre-op and postoperative care. It's not easy going through a hip revision, but he assure me everything was going to be okay.
Dr. Barba was great
in Machesney Park, IL |
Dr. Barba was really clear and thorough on his treatment plan
Fantastic surgeon
in Machesney Park, IL |
I am satisfied with surgical outcome
in Elroy, IL |
He is a miracle worker!
in Rockford, IL |
I can't say enough good about him. He made me feel very comfortable throughout the whole process. I had very little pain healing from surgery with his non narcotic approach. He was totally awesome
in Rockford, IL |
Dr. Barba revised my knee due to an infection that started in my back and traveled to my knee implant. The whole process thru diagnosing my pain to recovery from surgery to treating my infection was smooth and easy. I'm so happy Dr. Barba was able to figure out my pain was coming from an infection that came from my back and was able to provide the appropriate treatment
in Rockford, IL |
I'm satisfied with my replacement
Good surgical outcome
in Rockford, IL |
Surgery went great. Since day one after surgery I have not experienced any pain. I am standing taller and walking better than I have in years.
in Rockford, IL |
I think Dr. Barba is great, not only does he care about his patients, he cares about his staff.
I am pleased with my surgery. I would recommend Dr. Barba to anyone
in Rockford, IL |
Dr Barba is very personal and has great patient care. Surgery went great
Highly recommended
in Rockford, IL |
I am satisfied with my surgical outcome. I appreciate his sense of humor. Great doctor
Very satisfied with Dr. Barba care. Recovery was easy
in Rockford, IL |
Dr. Barba did my knee arthroscope and the recovery has been painless.
in Rockford, IL |
The surgery was better than hoped it would be. I had no need for narcotic pain medication, I was happy with Dr. Barba none narcotic pain program after surgery. I am extremely satisfied with the outcome of my surgey, I would highly recommend Dr. Barba
in Machesney Park, IL |
Once again I found myself needing the expertise of Dr Barba for a left hip replacement. My right hip had turned out so superb. I forget it was ever replaced! My surgery was just on April 20 and I havent had any pain. I am able to get in and out of bed myself and use the walker around the house. My bedroom is on the second floor and I have no problem going up and down the 18 stairs. If you need a surgeon no need to look any further!
in Rockford, IL |
I would say his one of the best doctors and I would recomenedhim to anyone
in Rockford, IL |
Wonderful, thorough, personable and knowledgable doctor. I never felt rushed with dr. Barba. I would recomend him to anyone
Excellent work!
in Rockford, IL |
I'm walking 4 miles per day with my new right knee. Planing on having my left knee replaced as well
in Rockford, IL |
Recommend Dr Barba.He sent me to physical therapy to strengthen my legs and increase my healing, and it worked. Previously, I had visited another surgeon who just said 'call me when it hurts so bad you can't stand it'. Recommending physical therapy and exercise at the pool helped me avoid surgery.
in Dixon, IL |
Dr. Barba replaced both of my hips four years ago. I would and have recommended Dr. Barba to everyone I know. Dr. Barba is excellent and allows for no mistakes. I highly recommend him!!!
in Rockford , IL |
When I visited Dr Barba's office, I was suffering from knee pain for a long time. I waited so long to see a doctor because I was afraid that I might need knee surgery. Finally I decided to seek medical help and set up an appointment with Dr. Barba. He examined my knee and sent me to physical therapy. My knee pain stopped. I can't believe I suffered all those years just because I was scared to go to the orthopedic doctor. Thank you Dr. Barba from bottom of my heart for making my days painless.
in Rockford, IL |
Very knowledgeable, kind and professional! Passionate about helping people!
in Belvidere |
Until I met Dr. Barba I felt helpless. was told it was my hip, had PT, massage therapy, etc. When I saw Dr. Barba he told me he could repair my tendon tear. Surgery was a success. Finally no more pain, and able to walk normally without limping. I have my life back. Thank you Dr. Barba
in Roscoe Illinois |
Dr. Barba did a spectacular job with the exception of pain management after surgery, stronger pain killers or better pain killers were in order. I realize everyone has different tolerances for medications. however when a patient calls in with excessive pain, what they have been prescribed is not getting the job done.
in Rockford, IL |
This is my second surgery with Dr. Barba and I would not go to anyone else but him for my orthopedic care. He has the best bedside manner of any doctor that I have experienced in a long time. His knowledge of orthopedic needs astounds me. He answers all my questions, even if they are "silly questions". He always has my best interest at mind. So my review of Dr Barba is he is just the best.
in Rochelle,Il |
Very pleased with care and outcome from my total hip replacement.
in Mendota, il. |
Dr Barba is an excellent doctor. He listened to my concerns and I was very satisfied with my two knee replacements. He has an excellent staff. If I called they took great care of me.
in Winnebago, IL |
Dr. Barba did a complete hip replacement on my (90) year old father. My dad was having so much pain prior to the surgery. There is no pain at all now. He gave him a New Life. Dr. Barba met with the family after the surgery and gave us his person contact information for any questions or concerns. Dr. Barba is Excellent
in Rockton, Il. |
Dr. Barba has a warm, caring bedside manner. He seems to be really interested in how the patient is doing and what can be done to improve the final result. He is very encouraging to keep you on track with recovery.
in MACHESNEY PARK |
Dr. Barba is an excellent doctor. He will spend as much time as necessary to answer all your questions. I highly recommend him.
in Morrison, Il |
I was 1st impressed by Dr Mark Barba's promptness and thoroughness in preparing both himself and his staff, and my wife and I for a successfull surgery. After Mark finished my 1st hip replacement, his care did not end there. He was in daily at the hospital, called to check in after returning home, and did a masterful job of installing the hip leaving me with a clean neat scar. Now we are excited about getting the other hip replaced 10 weeks post-1st surgery. I am not apprehensive at all!!!!
in Rockton IL |
Saved my leg and put me back on my feet. I would recommend him to anyone.
in Davis, IL |
After having a hip replaced I soon developed a life threating infection. Dr. Barba took over the case and immediately brought in an infectious decease specialist and working together saved my life. Due to his expertise and response I am writing this review today. I would recommend him.
in Rockford, IL |
I had a couple opinions and I thought that Dr. Barba was a lot more positive about the surgery and outcome. As it turned out, he was more accurate about the outcome.
Because my practice is very limited in scope I can sometimes proceed with cases that others find unusual or difficult. I welcome the opportunity to give opinions in these circumstances. Thank you for noting such.
in Oregon, IL |
I met with Dr Barba two years ago because both of my knees had deteriorated to bone on bone. I had one knee done and just went back to work after the second knee replacement. I am pain free after years of medication and therapy. Like another reviewer, I appreciated his knowledge and skill. Especially appreciated the prayer before surgery. Please consider Dr Barba if you are needing a joint replacement or just want a consult...you will not be disappointed. Thank you Dr Barba!
in Belvidere, IL |
I was very happy with the results of my total hip replacement performed by Dr. Barba. I was very hesitant of having it done; but he was very thorough in explaining the complete procedure to me; helping me to understand and feel comfortable. Results are great and I'm golfing and doing yard work, etc.
Have you seen Dr. Mark Barba, MD?

Compare Dr. Barba

Dr. Barba's Care Philosophy

I always knew I wanted to be a doctor and no matter what the reason for your appointment, I look forward to our visit. It is the people that are my motivation to be in healthcare. As an orthopedic surgeon I chose to further subspecialize in joint replacement because I have a hard time with failure. Replacement of an arthritic joint is almost always a victory. I take great pleasure in helping people return to the activities in life they enjoy!

Dr. Barba says...

The treatment of hip and knee pain are central to my practice.  Because Orthoillinois is multidisciplinary (has a lot of different orthopedic specialties), I can usually find someone to help if my special training is not an exact fit for your special problem.

I specialize in the replacement of the human hip and knee joint.  This includes the management of replacements that have worn out, or perhaps are not performing up to expectation.

Dr. Barba's experience matches your search based on the following criteria:

•  Specializes in Orthopedic Surgery
  •  Board certified in Orthopedic Surgery

Dr. Barba has no media or publications listed.

No malpractice history found for Illinois.

Why It Matters: Dr. Barba's Board Certifications

Rush Joint Replacement and Research Fellowship, Rush University, Chicago, IL

Completed in 1997

University Of Illinois Urbana Champaign

Graduated in 1985

Dr. Barba does not have any memberships or affiliations listed. If you are Dr. Barba and would like to add memberships or affiliations, please update your free profile.

• Adult Orthopedic Surgery