Dr. Mark Ball, MD

UrologyMaleAge 39

Urology

Dr. Mark Ball, MD is a Urology Specialist in Bethesda, MD and has over 13 years of experience in the medical field. He graduated from Johns Hopkins Univ Sch of Med in 2010. His office accepts new patients.

Dr. Mark Ball, MD

Suburban Hospital

8600 Old Georgetown Rd Bethesda, MD 20814

Compare with other Urology Specialists

Compare Dr. Ball with our nearby Urology Specialists at Reston Hospital Center.

Make an appointment at Reston Hospital Center today at (703) 923-8975.

Filter by
Provider Ratings

These providers are on the medical staff of Reston Hospital Center.

Dr. Ball's Reviews

Likelihood to recommend Dr. Ball

Simply the Best
Dr Ball is a gem. He is an extremely skilled surgeon who exudes warmth, compassion, and a sense of calm that magically eases anxiety. I found Dr Ball through patient advocacy networking after learning that the only option for my husband's bilateral, multifocal kidney cancer was bilateral nephrectomies and dialysis. Dr Ball brought us in for a consult within 1 week of reaching out. 1 week later, Dr Ball performed my husband's first partial nephrectomy during which 22 tumors were removed with no loss of kidney function. After that 11 hour surgery, Dr Ball came to provide (a very nervous) me with an update. He sat down, sat back, crossed his legs and answered ALL of my many questions with kindness and patience. 6 weeks later, Dr Ball removed 19 tumors from my husband's other kidney through a partial nephrectomy also with no loss of kidney function. We are grateful to have Dr Ball as our beacon of light and hope through this diagnosis. He has earned our trust; I recommended him completely.
Tracie T. – Mar 10, 2022
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Mark Ball, MD?
Dr. Ball is a phenomenal surgeon & physician. I have an extensive list of providers at this point & he is at the top of my list, I could not recommend him more. I was diagnosed w/a very rare kidney cancer & was turned down for surgery several times before making it to the NCI & Dr. Ball. He worked closely w/surgical oncology in a complex procedure due to not only the size of my tumor (10.5cm) but also an accompanying bleeding disorder & extensive liver mets. Not only was the surgery a success but the follow up has been great as Dr. Ball has an incredible bedside manner. I'm sure he's a very busy surgeon as one can imagine, but he never makes you feel rushed, is incredibly knowledgeable & always makes his patients feel like there is nowhere he'd rather be than there to answer any questions they may have. Prior to surgery, I'd heard many pts rave about him & walking the halls post op I bonded w/his other pts as we did laps & they raved about his incredible care. A+ physician
Katie – Jan 09, 2022
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Mark Ball, MD?
I was lucky enough to be referred to Dr. Ball through my renal physician in Canada and was understandably nervous about the travel and switch in care for my bilateral renal masses. Upon meeting Dr. Ball for my inital evaluation I was immediately comforted by his extensive knowledge into my personal case and his plan of action, which was not a simple one to say the least. During my first surgery he took it upon himself and his team to spend 12 hours carefully removing 33 tumours from one kidney, skillfully, with the DaVinci robot, leaving me with over 90% function remaining in said kidney. Second surgery was a radical nephrectomy of my other kidney, this was preformed swiftly, again with the DaVinci robot, with no concerns or a single long term recovery issue. Both were preformed within a couple months, his attention and mannerism before and after the surgeries were a large part of the experience being as comfortable as it possibly could be. I feel blessed to have had landed in his care
Oct 30, 2020
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Mark Ball, MD?
Amazing surgeon. Extremely skilled, professional, excellent bedside manner. Saved my life and kidney!
Pam – Aug 26, 2020
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Mark Ball, MD?
Dr. Ball and his team were amazing. He made sure to explain everything about the procedure before hand and him and his team consistently checked up on me during my recovery. Dr Ball and his team were professional and genuinely concerned about my well being throughout the entire process. I cannot thank them enough for the care they provided.
Aug 23, 2020
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Mark Ball, MD?
My surgery took place at NIH Dr Ball was diligent in his explanation of the procedure and interpretation of my MRI.I had bilateral kidney masses. They were the reason for my referral. Dr. Ball also pointed out a tumor on my adrenal gland. I requested a biopsy of this Mass and although not part of the original schedule of surgery, dr. Ball was able to accommodate my request. Dr. Ball and his team performed a robotically assisted procedure to remove the largest mass from one kidney. After analysis of that Mass, dr ball was able to determine the benign nature of the mass. He also was able to deliver the good news there was no malignancy on the adrenal. The scars from surgical incisions were small and they healed quickly.I would like to take this opportunity to thank dr Ball and his team at NIH.
Rich Daddi – Aug 22, 2020
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Mark Ball, MD?
Dr. Ball is knowledgeable, compassionate, and approachable. I felt very confident in his care.
Gina Stevenson – Aug 21, 2020
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Mark Ball, MD?
Dr. Mark Ball is an extremely talented medical professional and surgeon with the bedside manner to match. Having been under the care of and having gone through multiple surgeries performed by Dr. Ball I have the utmost confidence in him as a surgeon and physician. Dr. Ball always takes the time to walk through surgical procedures, results, additional considerations and any questions/concerns I have. He has become a confidant and someone I know I can count on whether it be for surgery or general care. I would strongly recommend Dr. Ball for anyone considering him as a surgeon and/or medical professional.
Andrew L – Nov 08, 2019
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Mark Ball, MD?
Dr Ball was an extremely top notch physician/surgeon. He was an extremely professional, caring and knowledgeable Physician /Surgeon.. He made me feel as comfortable about my medical condition ( Surgery on my Kidney) as one could feel before and after my surgery. Dr Ball was there for me and my husband every step of the way. We will always be grateful to Dr Ball for probably saving my life. I consider anyone very blessed to have Dr Ball as a Surgeon and Physician .Marcia A Rockville, Maryland October 17, 2019
Oct 18, 2019
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Mark Ball, MD?
Words cannot express the gratitude, respect and appreciation I have for Dr. Ball and his team.
Oct 17, 2019
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Mark Ball, MD?
Dr. Ball saved my life and my mother's life. He is very personable and kind hearted. I would suggest you do whatever he thinks is best!!!
Leslie Adelman – Oct 15, 2019
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Mark Ball, MD?
I had surgical tumors removed from kidney. All went well and healing was successful. I had no worries and Dr. Ball made me feel very comfortable with everything. Excellent surgeon/doctor
Kimberly Stevens – Oct 12, 2019
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Mark Ball, MD?
Wonderful young doctor, easy to talk to and understand.
Larry R. Muehl – Oct 12, 2019
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Mark Ball, MD?
My 8 old had an adrenal tumor, she had extreme anxiety and was beyond tough to deal with. Her tumor was very active and extremely dangerous as it elevated her BP and cathecolamine levels causing rage and panic attacks. As a mother I can not describe how hard it is to see your child transform to someone you don’t know due to a sickness. Dr.Ball took so much time to comfort me and explain to me why my daughter was acting this way. He performed her surgery and within 5 days post surgery my daughter came back . He was thorough and diligent with following up on all her details . My kids and I have a genetic disorder that causes tumors in multiple parts of the body: when my other kids worry about surgeries my daughter , quoting her: « don’t worry if you have a tumor Dr.Ball with the magic hands will make you feel better ». I can’t thank Dr. Ball enough for saving my daughters life and turning a very traumatic experience into a mild one. God bless your magic hands Dr.Ball??
Lina – Oct 08, 2019
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Mark Ball, MD?
Dr. Ball is an excellent physician and surgeon. My surgery was complex with a risk of fissure due to the location of my tumor. Dr. Ball presented me with a plan that included a prophylactic stent (other surgeons suggested placing a stent 30 days after the surgery if there were complications). The best part was that the surgery was so successful there was no need for the stent! In addition to being a skilled surgeon, Dr. Ball was consistently knowledgeable, compassionate, and responsive doctor.
Jul 19, 2019
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Mark Ball, MD?
Dr. Ball is is a very patient compassionate surgeon. I was very pleased with my kidney surgery results.
Mar 10, 2019
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Mark Ball, MD?
I’m Pheochromocytoma free, thanks to doctor Ball !!
Feb 03, 2019
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Mark Ball, MD?
I just can't say enough about how well Dr. Ball fulfilled my expectations for an excellent experience in my recent surgery. He explained the upcoming surgery and answered all my questions until I felt confident that our goals would be accomplished safely and with good results. After the surgery, my daughter who had accompanied me, was pleased with Dr. Ball's explanation of what had been done. I very much appreciated his ongoing concern for my recovery and continued good health.
Nina Hall in Ridgefield, WA – Jan 05, 2019
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Mark Ball, MD?
Dr Ball is an exceptional surgeon. My kidney cancer was very well along, and I had the FH gene, a very rare condition. While I discussed my options with some of the leading cancer hospitals in the world, I choose Dr Ball for his knowledge about kidneys, and his knowledge and experience with the FH gene and precautions needed. He was very thorough in preparing for the operation and took the time to explain and discuss all the options. He was excellent, handling the surgery impeccably. Five Stars!
Tom Salomone in Wilbraham, MA – Dec 31, 2018
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Mark Ball, MD?
Dr. Ball is an excellent physician/surgeon with a wonderful bedside manner. I consider myself fortunate to be one of his patients.
Willis Conner – Dec 30, 2018
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Mark Ball, MD?

How was your experience with Dr. Ball?