Surgery  |
Dr. Mark Artusio, MD
Dr. Mark Artusio, MD is a surgery doctor who practices in Frederick, MD. He is 65 years old and has been practicing for 39 years. Dr. Artusio is affiliated with Frederick Memorial Hospital.

45 Thomas Johnson Dr Ste 211

Frederick, MD 21702

• Kaiser Permanente

Learn about Dr. Artusio

Surgical care of my patients is my number one concern and I take that responsibility very seriously. I draw upon my years of experience to provide the best course of action which may or may not involve an operation. When surgery is performed, my patient can be assured that I will utilize all my experience to perform the best operation possible. I do so through the smallest possible incisions, and use the finest techniques to ensure the best cosmetic healing. I strive for excellent results.

Dr. Artusio's Experience

Dr. Artusio's experience matches your search based on the following criteria:
  • Specializes in Surgery

• Mastectomy
  • Open Incisional and-or Ventral Hernia Repair
  • Port Placements or Replacements
  • Umbilical or Ventral Hernia Repair, Laparoscopic

Healthgrades does not collect malpractice information for Maryland.

• College Of The Holy Cross
  • Emory University
    Internship Hospital | Completed 1979
  • Emory University
    Residency Hospital | Completed 1983

Dr. Artusio has no media or publications listed.

Dr. Artusio does not have any memberships or affiliations listed. If you are Dr. Artusio and would like to add memberships or affiliations, please update your profile.

Dr. Artusio's Reviews

Likelihood of recommending Dr. Artusio to family and friends
Dr. Artusio's Performance
in Frederick, MD |
I Saw Dr. Artusio for Gallbladder removal Surgery. My experience with Dr Artusio and his office has been wonderful. Surgery and recovery went great, and I felt very well taken care of and at ease every step of the way. I would recommend Dr Artusio to family and friends.I'm very grateful for the level of care that was given.
Frederick, MD |
My experience with Dr. Artusio for a hernia repair was absolutely fantastic. He was very Knowledgeable, informative, polite and to-the-point which I like. Dr. Artusio and every single member of his office staff and assistants were wonderful. I'd most definitely recommend him to my family and friends.
in Frederick, MD |
Dr. Artusio and his entire staff were knowledgeable,informative and friendly. Dr Artusio made me fee comfortable during surgery and I was well taken care of after. Plus he had great sense of humor when appropriate.
Saw Dr. Artusio for gallbladder removal. He was excellent in every way. Very thorough and answered all my questions and made me feel so at ease. I had been sick and dealing with a lot of pain for long time. After meeting him my anxiety and fear was put to rest. He took care of me like no other. He called me himself (not his nurse) after surgery a few times and told me it was his job until I felt 100% again. All doctors should be like him. He treated me like I was a family.
in JEFFERSON MD |
Dr. Artusio is very personable and at the same time, very professional. He makes sure your questions are answered to your satisfaction. He is very thorough and takes the time that you need with him.
Frederick, MD |
Great care, very friendly, focused on his patients.
in Frederick MD |
He was very careing, explained everything I needed to know . My surgery went very well. The surgical center was top notch. All the people that took care of me were very professional. If I ever need surgery again I will use Dr. Artusio. I highly recommend him and his staff.
Frederick, MD |
Dr. Artusio is a fantastic surgeon! He recently removed my gallbladder and I experienced little pain and felt better immediately after surgery. I didn't realize that my gallbladder issue could be related to chronic indigestion. He followed up three times after surgery and I was back to work in two weeks. I'm amazed that Dr. Artusio and his staff were so kind and made the experience so easy.
Dr. Artusio, his assistant, Amy, and the entire staff at the office are friendly, competent and respectful. I liked the way everything was explained to me before, during and after the procedure. Of the several appointments I have had there once they took me early and once they were running a little late, but mostly they were on time. The office staff helpfully explained my insurance charges.
in Hagerstown, MD |
Excellent doctor and surgeon!
in Thurmont, MD |
He and his staff are top notch! Finding a doctor that seems too truly care this day and age is getting harder and harder. Dr Artusio is everything in a doctor/ patient relationship you could look for. I could not be more appreciative to He and his staff for their care and professionalism through my hernia surgery and follow up.
Frederick, MD |
Dr. Artusio was extremely helpful in a minor surgical procedure. He was honest and efficient in his recommendations.
Frederick, MD |
He has been one of my surgeons for the past 5 years. He does an excellent job every time! Very honest and cares about his patients.
Frederick, MD |
I was very pleased with my surgical experience with Dr. Artusio and would highly recommend him.
in Emmitsburg, MD |
Dr Artusio was great. He was very professional, surgery was flawless. Recovery is a little longer than I had hoped, but only due to my profession. He has been upfront about everything. Staff was also very helpful.
in New Market, MD |
I felt that Dr. Artusio was very patient, easy to talk to and get my questions answered, and I never felt like he was in a hurry to move to the next patient. Great bedside manner.
in Middletown, MD |
Dr. Artusio has an excellent bedside manner, speaks to you in a practical but helpful way, and his office runs quickly and efficiently while giving great service. Can't recommend highly enough.
in Myersville |
My daughter had to have surgery twice and both times we have gone to Dr. Artusio. He was wonderful with her and explained everything that would happen to us. I couldn't ask for a better doctor and his staff at the office were wonderful. And a special thank you to the pre-op and post-op nurses at the surgical center, they were all wonderful...extremely caring and considerate of my daughter's needs. I would highly recommend this surgical group.
in New Market, MD |
I would highly recommend him for surgery, especially gall bladder removal. He's very professional, knowledgeable and courteous. That should put you at your ease and comfortableness when your surgery is around the corner.
in Frederick, MD |
Dr. Artusio is without question one of the most genuine, caring and patient focused doctors that I have ever had the good fortune to meet and be his patient. He is down to earth in his approach to communicating with his patients and takes the time to fully explain the procedure, and expected recovery outcome in simple terms that made me feel very much at ease with the procedure he was going to perform. Clearly an outstanding surgeon that honestly cares about his patients
in Boonsboro, MD |
Dr. Artusio and staff are very professional and courteous.
in Mount Airy |
My son had a pilonidal cyst removed by Dr. Artusio over the summer. His cyst had started to grow with a strand upwards. Dr. Artusio found out during the surgery that it had started to grow and he made sure that he removed all of the cyst. Afterwards Dr. Artusio explained the entire surgery and took the time to answer my questions. On the follow-up informative sessions all of our concerns and questions were answered. I would highly recommend Dr. Artusio!
in Frederick, MD |
Dr. Artusio has a great bedside manner. He really took the time to explain the procedures and the care that was needed. He even provided a list of needed supplies for the home post surgery care. He is very straight forward and made my surgery procedure as easy as it could have been.
in Frederick, MD |
The most caring and professional doctor I have ever met.
in Frederick, MD |
Dr. Artusio is one of the best doctors you'll ever see. He gives you your options, explains everything thoroughly, and is very open and honest with his patients. I couldn't have asked for a smoother procedure or a better healing process. I would highly recommend him and his staff to anyone.
in Frederick MD |
Clearly explained my condition and the procedure to correct it.
in Clarksburg, Maryland |
Dr. Artusio is the best. He has performed a number of both serious and minor surgeries for myself and my immediate family, and when it was time for my gall bladder to come out, I insisted to my primary care doctor that I be referred only to him. I would not consider any other surgeon in my area to perform surgeries on myself or my family members. His expertise and experience are unquestionable. He is very professional, doesn't waste time and has a truly positive and caring demeanor.
in Frederick, MD |
Dr. Artusio and his staff were professional, friendly, answered my questions and effectively managed my expectations. Dr. Artusio successfully performed the procedure and the incision is healing nicely. The individuals and the office operation is a very good model for other doctors, nurses, staff and other professionals.
in New Market, MD |
Provided lots of information about the surgery and welcomed questions. Lots of processes/procedures in place that show the level of caution and care that he and his office takes to help ensure a successful outcome. Follow-up care was equally outstanding.
in New Market, MD |
Dr. Artusio was great - explained everything, worked with me regarding some constraints to scheduling the surgery - not 'eager to cut' but instead allow my body to help direct the course, the surgery itself (minimal cutting) and the recovery. Nurse Amy was wonderful - comforting, understanding, reassuring and empathetic. I wrote them all a letter with my compliments as I appreciated everything about my experience (except that I even had to have it at all!) as the office staff is kind too.
in Monrovia, MD |
Just completed hernia surgery wit Dr. Artusio. He provided excellent pre-surgery information and care, and the surgery went smooth and was uneventful. Post surgery care was excellent.
in Mount Airy, Md |
Had a surgical procedure done in the office. The staff ... From nurses to the front office staff were so pleasant and caring. Dr. Artusio was great and carefully explained everything and took his time with my procedure. I could not have asked for a better experience and would highly recommend him to others!
in Frederick, MD |
Dr. Artusio is one of the most pleasant doctors I've ever met. He came in with a smile, was greatly knowledgeable and thoroughly explained everything about my surgery with me. His staff is awesome and made me feel relaxed the entire time. I cannot recommend him and his office enough!
in Frederick, MD |
Any condition requiring surgery that I might require, and Dr. Artusio is capable of performing, he would be my first choice.
Hagerstown, MD |
Dr. Artusio and all his staff at office and surgical center were great. I was greatly impressed with all his staff.
in Frederick, MD |
Dr. Artusio was really knowledgeable and made me feel comfortable throughout the appointment! I would highly recommend this medical group!?
in New Market, MD |
Dr. Artusio performed my laproscopic gall bladder surgery. He was extremely thorough in his assessment of my condition leading up to the surgery and answered all my questions. His office staff and the staff of the surgical center also was excellent. The surgical experience (pre-op through surgery) was very positive. Dr. Artusio's work was excellent with no post-operative pain (only slight discomfort). The incisions themselves are almost un-noticiblle
Mount Airy, MD |
Dr. Artusio spent time answering my questions prior to surgery. I opted to have my surgery at the surgical center and had a very positive experience there. The staff was kind and made every effort to keep me calm, comfortable and informed. After the surgery, Dr. Artusio called me to see how I was doing. Would highly recommend him.
in Frederick, MD |
Dr. Artusio repaired an inguinal hernia using a mesh. He has performed this surgery literally thousands of times. My post surgical pain was minimal. After leaving the surgical center, I had no need in filling a prescription for pain medication. I took ibuprofen for a few days and then there was no pain at all. I have had no post operative problems. Many stories on line warn of pulling or tugging sensations because of the mesh. I have had no problems. I unreservedly recommend Dr. Mark Artusio.
in Frederick, MD |
Extremely knowledgeable and honest with his diagnosis. Love his personality. Office staff and assistants are always bright and cheerful.
in Frederick, MD |
Dr. Artusio was wonderful as a surgeon from pre- op to post- op. He took his time explaining the procedure to me and answered all my questions, I never felt rushed. My surgery was a positive experience and went smoothly. Dr. Artusio personally called to check on me during recovery and quickly was able to write a new prescription for me when needed. My post-op appointment was very thorough as well and he was not rushed to get to his next patient.
in Frederick, MD |
Very skilled and very responsive to my difficult condition
in Poolesville, MD |
Excellent surgeon, explains everything in detail, makes you feel very comfortable. He has an excellent staff that seem to work very well together and morale was good. Due to recurring cancer, I had to have 2 ports put in to chest for chemotherapy. Both times he made me as comfortable and painless as possible.
in Mount Airy, MD |
lots of helpful information before, during and after procedure
in Gaithersburg, MD |
Kind and professional staff all around!
Have you seen Dr. Mark Artusio, MD?
Are you Dr. Artusio?