Dr. Mark Artusio, MD

Dr. Artusio
Telehealth services available

Foris Surgical Group LLP

45 Thomas Johnson Dr Ste 211 Frederick, MD 21702

Dr. Mark Artusio, MD is a General Surgery Specialist in Frederick, MD and has over 42 years of experience in the medical field. He graduated from Cornell University Med Coll medical school in 1978. He is affiliated with Frederick Health. He is accepting new patients and has indicated that he accepts telehealth appointments. Be sure to call ahead with Dr. Artusio to book an appointment.

Compare Providers

Quickly compare more General Surgery Specialists in your area

See similar General Surgery Specialists in Frederick

• Explains Conditions Well
    Patients said this doctor explains conditions well. See reviews
  • Offers Telehealth
  • Practices at Top Hospital
    America’s 100 Best Hospitals for Gastrointestinal Care Award™ See hospitals

Dr. Artusio accepts most major insurance plans.

Dr. Artusio has indicated that he accepts most major insurance carriers

(301) 694-3200Find providers who accept this insurance

Healthgrades does not collect malpractice claims information for Maryland

Check Dr. Artusio's experience treating your condition or procedure

• Laparotomy
  • Lipomas
  • Lymphangioma
  • Melanoma
  • Moles (Benign Skin Lesions)
  • Open Incisional and-or Ventral Hernia Repair
  • Warts

Dr. Artusio's Reviews

Likelihood to recommend Dr. Artusio

Dr. Artusio?
Everyone at the Foris Surgical Group were professional and friendly. I was checked in and seen promptly. Dr. Artusio was great. He explained my options to repair my hernia, listened to my concerns and questions and gave me excellent feedback. The scheduling of my surgery and the follow up was also excellent. I would highly recommend Dr. Artusio.
Jeff Russell – Oct 20, 2020
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Mark Artusio, MD?
Dr. Artusio and his entire staff at the Foris Group and the Thomas Johnson Surgery Center (TJSC) are outstanding professionals. I sought help from Dr. Artusio for a chronic colorectal issue which caused me intermittent and considerable discomfort over a period of many months. I went in for my initial visit fully anticipating that it was only a matter of time before I had to undergo some form of invasive surgery. Dr. Artusio, to my great surprise and relief, recommended a much less invasive procedure that he could perform at the TJSC and with a high likelihood of success. He fully explained what was causing my problem and how the procedure would resolve it. After the procedure, I experienced only mild discomfort for a couple of days and afterwards have been completely pain free with virtually no complications. I would highly recommend Dr. Artusio for his expert knowledge, bedside manner, and surgical skills – a real pro!
Oct 15, 2020
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Mark Artusio, MD?
He installed my port and my Metavivor Cancer Group said it was WOW??. He’s amazing! Can’t see the port.
R. Dickey – Sep 11, 2020
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Mark Artusio, MD?
I was having problems with a 34 year old C-Section scar and Dr. Artusio was recommenced by my PCP. He was attentive and provided possible causes for my issues. A first small surgery did not provide an answer. A second larger surgery was recommended and Dr. Artusio found 2 stitches from the C-section! I recovered completely. Dr. Artusio did a great job and saw me regularly through the healing process. All of the office staff were wonderful. Dr. Artusio and his medical assistants were amazing. They were compassionate and helpful. I never had a long wait and was always given the time I needed. I highly recommend Dr. Artusio and his office.
Aug 29, 2020
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Mark Artusio, MD?
Dr. Artusio met with me quickly after my urgent surgical need was identified. He advocated with the surgical facility for a surgical slot the day after next. My outpatient surgical procedure was performed in a facility staffed by clear and caring staff. During my recovery, Dr. Artusio and his office provided to me excellent care. The entire process from problem to recovery was managed with great care by Dr. Artusio and his office.
Aug 25, 2020
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Mark Artusio, MD?
Left consult visit feeling relieved and satisfied
Aug 21, 2020
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Mark Artusio, MD?
Love Dr Artusio. He made me feel so comfortable. Very kind, caring supportive. I cant say enough good things. His entire staff is amazing. From the moment I walked into his office. I knew I had chosen the right doctor. Thank you Pam Marshall
Pam Marshall – Jul 18, 2020
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Mark Artusio, MD?
I had my gallbladder removed by Dr. Artusio almost a year ago. I waited this long so that I could give a full picture on healing and life after for those who are nervous like I was. Dr. Artusio was amazing as was his staff. Everyone was so friendly, knowledgeable, calm and got along well with one another. The facility was clean and well kept. My surgery was so short that my husband barely had time to feed our newborn a bottle in the waiting room before they were ready for them to come back to see me. We felt very comfortable having our newborn with us because of how clean everything was. (We did have our older two kids at home with a friend, so I do think it is best for parents stress levels if older kids are left at home.) My body is slow to recover, but I still recovered quicker than expected. Everything was really well explained to me, so none of the symptoms of my recovery made me nervous. (I remember peeing for the first 24 hours was weird.) I had slight gallbladder issues for a
Autumn – Jun 12, 2020
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Mark Artusio, MD?
I had some lipomas removed in March, 2020. Dr. Artusio and the entire staff were excellent to work with. The whole operation was handled smoothly and I was well informed throughout the process. It is clear that Dr Artusio considers surgery his craft, and he takes it very seriously. There is no scar at all! He called me himself a few days after surgery to check on me, and that is unheard of in modern medicine (that is usually left to a staff member.) I cannot say enough about Dr Artusio and Foris Surgical Group. Excellent experience!!!
Apr 05, 2020
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Mark Artusio, MD?
Great Doc, best Surgeon in Frederick!
Mar 19, 2020
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Mark Artusio, MD?
I was recommend to see Foris Surgical Group for hemorrhoids, which is a very awkward subject for me to discuss. I had my consult with Dr. Artusio and he made me feel very comfortable during the consult. He went over all the options and with his recommendation decided to go with the Coagulation procedure. He went over all that I could expect and we went ahead with the procedure. There was no surprises with the procedure or with the after care. I knew what to expect. The staff was also caring, amazing and very knowledgeable. I highly recommend Dr. Artusio
Teresa – Mar 06, 2020
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Mark Artusio, MD?
Dr Artusio repaired a Hernia for me Jan 2020. He was very quick and accurate. He was to the point and funny which I greatly appreciate. The surgery went perfect and the recovery was smooth. The office staff is great with almost no wait time! Unheard of....LOL They called to check in on me the first couple days and kept tabs on me. I was referred to him by other doctors and family members and I would recommend to anyone! Great work, great surgeon!
Feb 19, 2020
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Mark Artusio, MD?
In my earlier review of Dr. Artusio today (2/5/2020), I gave the incorrect name of the outpatient surgical center where he performed my surgery. The correct name of the surgical center is: Thomas Johnson Surgery Center at 197 Thomas Johnson Drive in Frederick, MD. All other comments in my earlier review stand as written.
Robert Finch – Feb 06, 2020
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Mark Artusio, MD?
Everyone treated me with utmost kindness & respect, both in the office & in the surgery center where Dr. Artusio removed my gallbladder. He was very thorough, straightforward, & down to earth. He explained everything very clearly, kept my spouse informed & not only did the surgery center call but Dr. Artusio also called personally the day after surgery to follow up with me. I would go to him again if needed, & wouldn’t hesitate to send family or friends to him.
Leatrice U. – Jan 21, 2020
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Mark Artusio, MD?
Dr. Artusio is personable, thorough, and knowledgeable. Has a sense of humor but takes his work seriously. Most importantly, he loves his work and it shows. I've been under his knife on multiple occasions, most recently this past year, and he's the guy I would see again should the need arise. His office staff is also friendly and efficient.
Jan 04, 2020
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Mark Artusio, MD?
Dr Artusio is such a good doctor for me he implanted a port 2 years ago and just recently 12/19 he removed this port after clearance of being cancer free. Very caring, he listens, he is just a good doctor
Russell Cantler – Dec 13, 2019
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Mark Artusio, MD?
The service provided by Dr. Artusio and his staff as well as the Surgical Center was exceptional. Dr. Artusio is very straight forward and "tells it like it is". I truly appreciated this as I just wanted the facts and to move forward. He explained my Inguinal Hernia Surgery and answered my questions. Visits were also very quick without a lot of waiting in the reception area. Surgery went well. I would go back to Dr. Artusio if I needed another surgery.
GPS – Nov 04, 2019
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Mark Artusio, MD?
The service provided by Dr. Artusio and his staff was exceptional. Everything pertaining to my surgery was explained thoroughly and clearly, and I truly appreciated Dr. Artusio's straight-forward attitude throughout the whole process. Follow-up visits were quick when they needed to be and he seemed truly invested in my recovery process. I would highly recommend Dr. Artusio as a surgeon.
JM – Oct 16, 2019
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Mark Artusio, MD?
I had a double hernia and was referred to Dr. Artusio from my primary care doctor. Dr. Artusio and his staff are an excellent team! There was not one worry on my part from the first office appointment to the follow up visits. As a surgeon, Dr. Artusio is who you would want to perform your surgical needs! He is professional, courteous and thorough!
Oct 16, 2019
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Mark Artusio, MD?
Recently i was a patient of Dr. Artusio and although I cannot speak for other people I can tell you I was over-the-top impressed with not only him but his staff. After an initial consultation with him I knew I liked his straight forwardness in explaining what was about to happen (gall bladder removal) and the posssible after effects. Surgery was performed without any complications but what impressed me the most was receiving a call from him, not his staff, the very next day checking on me. I am 65 and in all of my adult years of doctor visits and hospital stays I have NEVER received a personal call from any doctor. When I mentioned this to him his response to me was " I'm the one who operated on you, not my staff. I should be the one you ask any questions or concerns you may have." Now I don't know if that means anything to you but it sure did to me and if I ever need any further surgery he can perform I certainly want him there. G. A.
Oct 08, 2019
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Mark Artusio, MD?

How was your experience with Dr. Artusio?

Surgical care of my patients is my number one concern and I take that responsibility very seriously. I draw upon my years of experience to provide the best course of action which may or may not involve an operation. When surgery is performed, my patient can be assured that I will utilize all my experience to perform the best operation possible. I do so through the smallest possible incisions, and use the finest techniques to ensure the best cosmetic healing. I strive for excellent results.Less...

• General Surgery