Dr. Mark Aferzon, MD

Ear, Nose, and Throat ·  Male · Age 47

Dr. Aferzon

Ear Nose & Throat Specialists

2 Ivy Brook Rd Ste 110 Shelton, CT 06484

Dr. Mark Aferzon, MD is an otolaryngology (ear, nose & throat) specialist in Shelton, CT and has been practicing for 17 years. He graduated from The Warren Alpert Medical School Of Brown University in 1997 and specializes in ear, nose, and throat and allergy.

Dr. Aferzon accepts

Dr. Aferzon accepts the following insurance:

Pathway X Ind PPO Direct Access CT
Blue Cross Blue Shield of Louisiana
BlueConnect HMO
Blue Cross Blue Shield of Massachusetts
Preferred Blue PPO

No malpractice claims found for Connecticut

Check Dr. Aferzon's experience treating your condition or procedure

Deviated Septum

Dr. Aferzon treats Deviated Septum more than 96% of his peers

Dr. Aferzon treats this condition more than 96% of his peers

Diagnostic Nasal and-or Sinus Endoscopy

Dr. Aferzon performs Diagnostic Nasal and-or Sinus Endoscopy more than 91% of his peers

Dr. Aferzon performs this procedure more than 91% of his peers

• Asthma
  • Broken Nose
  • Chronic Sinusitis
  • Conductive Hearing Loss
  • COPD (Chronic Obstructive Pulmonary Disease)
  • Cough
  • Earwax Buildup
  • ENT Surgery
  • Eustachian Tube Dysfunction
  • Facial Fracture
  • Gastroesophageal Reflux Disease (GERD)
  • Head and Neck Surgery
  • Head or Neck Lump or Swelling
  • Incision and Removal of Foreign Object
  • Intranasal or Sinus Procedure
  • Loss of Smell and-or Taste
  • Meniere's Disease
  • Nasal Septum Surgery (Septoplasty)
  • Nosebleed

3.6

Dr. Aferzon?
Dr. Aferzon's Performance
What People Say About Dr. Mark Aferzon, MD
I have been seeing Dr. Aferzon for sinus and allergy problems. I get allergy shots and they have helped me greatly.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Mark Aferzon, MD?
Excellent Doctor. He is always able to see me within 2 days and really knows his stuff.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Mark Aferzon, MD?
Well I like Dr.Aferzon. For well over 20 yrs I have been saddled with sinus pressure headaches and not being able to blow my nose and now poof, they are gone. What a feeling. He fixed my deviated septum that was broken 43 yrs ago (this was a tough one) along with sinus balloon procedure and cleaning of all areas affected. I was back at work in two days and I am a chef. Now we work on my hearing. kindest regards, Theresa K
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Mark Aferzon, MD?
I experienced hearing loss after a sinus infection. After being treated with antibiotics and nose sprays, I finally saw a specialist. Dr. Aferzon told me I had fluid in my ear, and after a quick procedure to put in an ear tube, my hearing is back to normal. He is fantastic.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Mark Aferzon, MD?
Dr. Aferzon performed a Sinuplasty, on me after years of sinus infections and breathing issues. He was very attentive and knowledgeable. I was very pleased with the out come...I can finally breathe .I have also received an allergy test and found that I had seasonal allergies for which I now receive allergy shots. I am very pleased with the Doctor and his staff. A plus is the large parking lot and ease of finding the office. Yes, I do recommend Dr. Aferzon often to my friends.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Mark Aferzon, MD?
I have been coming to Dr. Aferzon’s Office for the past 2 years for allergy shots. I am so glad Tom,have found this place. I no longer need to take any antihistamines like I did for years in the past. Janet the nurse is great and I really recommend this office to anyone suffering with seasonal allergies like I did.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Mark Aferzon, MD?
Dr. Aferzon straightened my septum right in the office. After years of not being able to breath at nigh, I can finally sleep and not wake up hourly all stuffed up. I would highly recommend him to anyone!
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Mark Aferzon, MD?
Would not recommend to anyone and will not return
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Mark Aferzon, MD?
On my recent visit I found Doctor Aferzon to take time his with me and be very thorough. He put me at ease. I would highly recommend him.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Mark Aferzon, MD?
I saw Dr. Aferzon for persistent hearing loss after getting sick while on vacation. My regular doctor had given me antibiotics and nasal sprays but they did not help. After examining me and checking my hearing, Dr. Aferzon told me I had ear fluid. He put a tube in my ear and drained the fluid and now my hearing is back to normal. He told me the tube would stay in for several months and I should avoid getting water in my ear. He was very knowledgeable and answered all of my questions.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Mark Aferzon, MD?
I noticed a lump below my ear several months ago. It persisted despite being given antibiotics and steroids. I saw Dr. Aferzon and after having a biopsy and cat scan he told me it was a parotid tumor. I had the tumor removed and am doing well. The scar has healed well (barely visible) and he was very caring before and after surgery. I have since recommended him to my family.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Mark Aferzon, MD?
Dr. Aferzon performed a sinus surgery on me in his office July 2015. He botched it up. I just had the correct surgery under anesthesia in a hospital with a phenomenal ENT and she said there was tons of scar tissue and damage from the job he did. He has ZERO bedside manner. Anytime I would ask something during a visit he literally said "Shush" while he looked on his laptop and waved his hand at me as if to dismiss me. I regret ever going there and have warned everyone I know to steer clear
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Mark Aferzon, MD?
I understand this doctor is just trying to do his job but he does a horrible job at it. During my consultation he asked me closed ended questions and as I tried telling him my history with my health I'm guessing he just didn't want to hear because he would talk over me. He was rushing as if he wanted to get over with my consultation asap.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Mark Aferzon, MD?
Had to wait over an hour and then when I finally was seen he did not listen to what I had to say/explain what my symptoms were.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Mark Aferzon, MD?
I would never recommend this doctor. I felt as if I was an inconvenience to him by being there. Good luck trying to finish a sentence. Never even addressed the issue I came in with. Did some quick looks and sent me off with a photocopy paper on TMJ. NO patience, no compassion. Acted as if he could care less. Just a jerk.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Mark Aferzon, MD?

How was your experience with Dr. Aferzon?