Gynecology  |
Dr. Marjorie Chorness, MD
Dr. Marjorie Chorness, MD is a gynecology doctor who practices in Greer, SC. She is 58 years old and has been practicing for 29 years. Dr. Chorness is affiliated with Greenville Health System - Laurens County Memorial Hospital.

Blossom Gynecology, Wellness & Infertility

• Molina Healthcare
  • Planned Administration Inc

Learn about Dr. Chorness

Dr. Chorness' Experience

Dr. Chorness' experience matches your search based on the following criteria:
  • Specializes in Gynecology

• Female Infertility
  • Hemorrhoids
  • Mastodynia
  • Menopausal and Postmenopausal Disorders
  • Menstrual Disorders (incl. Dysmenorrhea)
  • Miscarriages
  • Perimenopause
  • Placenta Previa
  • Polycystic Ovarian Syndrome
  • Postpartum Depression
  • Sexually Transmitted Diseases (STDs)
  • Symptomatic Menopause
  • Vaginitis and-or Vaginosis
  • Yeast Infections

• Birth Control
  • Colposcopy
  • Destruction or Excision of Lesion of Cervix (incl. LEEP)
  • Dilation and Curettage
  • Pregnancy Ultrasound
  • Tubal Ligation
  • Ultrasound, Pelvic
  • Vaginal Surgery

Healthgrades does not collect malpractice information for South Carolina.

• University Of California At Berkeley
  • University Of Chicago
    Internship Hospital | Completed 1989
  • Kaiser Permanante
    Residency Hospital | Completed 1992

Dr. Chorness has no media or publications listed.

Dr. Chorness does not have any memberships or affiliations listed. If you are Dr. Chorness and would like to add memberships or affiliations, please update your profile.

Dr. Chorness' Reviews

Likelihood of recommending Dr. Chorness to family and friends
2.8
Dr. Chorness' Performance
    GOOD
Worst doctor I have ever had the misfortune of seeing
in Greenville, SC |
DO NOT GO HERE. Dr Marjorie A. Chorness is rude and unhelpful. She did not answer any questions or provide me with any information about procedures, treatment, etc. When I mentioned that was considering consulting another doctor, she practically threw me out of her office. She does not care about the wellbeing of her patients; when I asked if it would be ok to wait a few weeks to do a certain procedure, she said "I have no idea if you will be okay" and showed me the door. TERRIBLE EXPERIENCE.
in Greer sc |
I have seen Dr. Chorness for over 14 yrs. She is a great and caring doctor. She always listens and spends time with you until issues are taken care of. Most times there is a wait to see her but she is well worth it. She explains everything so you can understand it and she has always explained everything to my husband after each surgery she has done on me. He thinks the world of her also.
in Taylors, SC |
Informative and helpful. Came in with issue and was addressed and attended to immediately and with care.
in Spartanburg, SC |
Worst experience ever! Dr Chorness is very rude. I will be finding a new doctor.
in Greer, SC |
I had a 5-star experience with Dr. Chorness! I got an appointment when I wanted one. The girl at the front desk was helpful and nice. The wait was not long AT ALL!!! I had a 10:30 appointment and as soon as I finished the paperwork, I was called back. The nurse was helpful and listened and asked lots of questions. The exam was very thorough. The doctor asked a lot of questions and offered many alternatives for my issues. I won't go to anyone else in the future! Definitely recommend!!
in Greenville, SC |
Dr. Chorness is one of the best OB/Gyn in the upstate. I have been a patient for over 15 years. When she enters a room she make you feel like you are the only one that matters. I have other people talk about there doctor that they don't even spend 5 min in the room. Trust me when I say if you are looking for a doctor that will take care of your needs, and she only do surgery when needed. Dr. Chorness I would give her a ten, because that what I feel like when I leave her office. Carmen Mayes,
in Spartanburg, SC |
Dr. Chorness always makes me feel incredibly comfortable. I know my opinion is valued, and respected. The plan of care is something I feel confident in, due to being included in the process. She is possibly the only doctor who could make an awkward annual visit not only pleasant but enjoyable as well.
in Lyman, SC |
I was having a gynecology issue (pretty serious) and I called over 10 offices and was told there was 2-3 month wait. I called Blossom and the front desk had me a appointment within 2 days. My first appointment was a couple of hours which I think was so worth it. Dr. Chorness explained everything to me and gave me all my options. Recently for my follow up appointment, Dr. Chorness went out of the way to answer all my questions and explain everything. I would recommend Dr. Chorness 100%.
in Greer,sc |
Kat is very personable at the front desk, and Dr. Chorness always takes the time to talk to me about any issues or complications I may be having. The wait time can sometimes be a bit long, but it is worth it to have a doctor that you are comfortable with.
in Greer, SC |
Quack. A girl came in with her baby, and they let her come in and hang out while I was waiting for 11/2 hrs.for my appointment with only 1 person before me. The exam, or most of it, was handled by the nurse practitioner, who apparently was training, and had to be told move by move what to do... When the speculum was inserted, the nurse wasn't doing it correctly/both were painful... she scripted an antibiotic, in case i had an infection and charged me a hundred bucks. I will NEVER go back!
Greer, SC |
I have been a patient for 14 years and have received excellent care. Dr, Chorness helped me through a challenging pregnancy and C-section. She is always professional and knowledgeable.
in Simpsonville, SC |
She is always very informative and caring about my health.
Greenville, SC |
I have been seeing Dr Chorness for 8 years. She delivered both of my babies. She is an excellent doctor and I always feel well cared for at her practice.
in Greenville, SC |
I have been a patient of Dr. Chorness for 12 years. She has delivered 3 of my children as well as treated me for various gynecology issues. I could not be happier with the care I have received. She is always very thorough but compassionate to concerns. I love the personal aspect of a single doctor practice. The benefits of that far outweigh a little additional wait time.
Have you seen Dr. Marjorie Chorness, MD?
Are you Dr. Chorness?