Dr. Marjan Karegar, MD

Dr. Marjan Karegar, MD

Endocrinology, Diabetes & Metabolism  |
Dr. Marjan Karegar, MD is an endocrinology, diabetes & metabolism doctor who practices in Columbia, SC. She is 44 years old.

1740 Saint Julian Pl

Columbia, SC 29204

• Amalgamated Clothing & Textile Workers Union
  • MedCost

Learn about Dr. Karegar

See how frequently Dr. Karegar performs your care needs compared to other doctors.

Thyroid Disease
Diabetes With Renal Manifestations
Hypothyroidism

Dr. Karegar's percentages are based on the rate of treatment compared to peers nationwide from insurance data. Learn more info about our data and this Top Care Areas component.

• Endocrinology, Diabetes & Metabolism

• Thyroid Cyst
  • Thyroid Disease
  • Thyroiditis
  • Vitamin D Deficiency

Healthgrades does not collect malpractice information for South Carolina.

• Carraway Methodist Medical Center
    Internship Hospital | Completed 2006
  • Carraway Northwest Medical Center
    Residency Hospital | Completed 2008

Dr. Karegar has no media or publications listed.

Dr. Karegar does not have any memberships or affiliations listed. If you are Dr. Karegar and would like to add memberships or affiliations, please update your profile.

Dr. Karegar's Reviews

Likelihood of recommending Dr. Karegar to family and friends
2.7
Dr. Karegar's Performance
in Camden, SC |
Dr. K and the entire staff are wonderful. She took the time to listen to me, gave me a thorough exam and has great bedside manner. I am a very complicated case due to my diabetes, thyroid and very severe gastroparesis. Dr K is very knowledgeable and has been working closely with me to get my blood sugars under control while dealing with my constant nausea/vomiting, gastric pacemaker and Jtube feedings. I highly recommend her to everyone and especially to those diabetics who have gastroparesis.
Columbia, SC |
This was one of the worst doctor visits I have ever had. She was very condescending and continued to criticize me. I have been a type 1 diabetic my whole life with tight control and she talked to me like I wasn't taking care of myself at all. Very critical. She wouldn't listen to my concerns and continued talking down to me the entire time. I left the office in tears.
in Gilbert, SC |
First visit was awesome. I felt very comfortable discussing my thyroid issues and I liked her recommendations, and plans for follow-up. I felt Dr. Karegar listened, reviewed all my data and provided diagnosis.
Columbia, SC |
Very attentive and knowledgeable doctor. She does a thorough job of examining and explaining your symptoms, possible side effects, what to expect and follow-up. Super, well spoken person!
in Columbia, SC |
I went to Dr. Karegar for a full review for thyroid. Someone from her office called a week later and told me I had elevated TPO and a presciption for levothyroxine was called in. I had to research at the library what this meant. The levo. gave me bad anxiety and no symptom relief. The next visit I asked about another medication but Dr. Karegar only prescribes levo. and told me "I would have to deal with it" referring to my symptoms. I never went back and found a dr to prescribe Nature Throid
in Lexington, sc |
This is the worst doctor ever. DO NOT SEE THIS DOCTOR. She doesn't listen to you, brushes off your questions or is very vague with her responses. So rude and doesn't take the time to really do her job. Poor office in general but this doctor is the worst. Was told to switch to dr. Brennan by a few friends, but the office told me I can't switch doctors even if I am unhappy with dr. Karagar so I left and will never return there. Terrible place, save your time, money, and effort.
in Columbia, SC |
I have been seeing Dr. Karegar for about 3 years for insulin resistance. In that time, she has prescribed everything under the sun to help but all of it is just a Band-Aid. At my last appointment, she ridiculed me and made me feel like a child. I was humiliated and left the appointment in tears. She is so unbelievably rude that I cannot put it into words but it was obvious after I left that she does not know how to help me anymore, so she turned it all back on me. Terrible doctor! Run!
in Columbia, SC |
Dr. Karegar was friendly and caring with a great bedside manner. Being a new patient, I felt she spent a substantial amount of time with me to understand my complex endocrine issues, asking questions and allowing me to ask questions as well. I've seen well over 25 doctors for various diseases, and she is one the most caring and competent of all.
in Columbia |
Very poor bedside manner. Talked poorly about other patients. Told me that I should be glad to jot have children as I should not want to pass on my poor genetic material (type 1 diabetes and hypertyroidism). Very difficult to understand. Was unwilling to prescribe medications (for e.d. and/or pain med for neuropathy). I have been seen by another doctor in this practice (when I was first diagnosed) and he was very condescending. Shame it's the only one in my network.
Poor excuse for a doctor. Not good with Hashimoto's thyroiditis. She talked more about herself and her sweating problem and other patients than she talked to me about my health. She doesn't know how to treat this and see you in a year and see you in two for an ultrasound. Pitiful. The staff was very unfriendly. Hard to get anyone to call you back. Left messages anger messages.
Have you seen Dr. Marjan Karegar, MD?
Are you Dr. Karegar?