Dr. Marjan Karegar, MD

Endocrinology, Diabetes & Metabolism ·  Female · Age 45

Dr. Karegar

Laurel Endocrine Thyroid Specs

1740 Saint Julian Pl Columbia, SC 29204

Dr. Marjan Karegar, MD is an endocrinology, diabetes & metabolism specialist in Columbia, SC and has been practicing for 11 years. She specializes in endocrinology, diabetes & metabolism and internal medicine.

Dr. Karegar accepts

Dr. Karegar accepts the following insurance:

Amalgamated Clothing & Textile Workers Union

Dr. Karegar's Top Procedures and Conditions

Diabetes Mellitus, Secondary

Dr. Karegar treats Diabetes Mellitus, Secondary more than 100% of her peers

Diabetes With Renal Manifestations

Dr. Karegar treats Diabetes With Renal Manifestations more than 100% of her peers

Thyroid Disease

• Adrenal Incidentaloma
  • Adrenal Insufficiency
  • Autoimmune Thyroid Diseases
  • Calcium Metabolism Disorders
  • Congenital Adrenal Hyperplasia (CAH)
  • Continuous Glucose Monitoring
  • Kidney Disease
  • Klinefelter Syndrome
  • Lipid Disorders
  • Malaise and Fatigue
  • Menstrual Disorders (incl. Dysmenorrhea)
  • Parathyroid (Gland) Tumor: Other than Malignant

2.9

Dr. Karegar?
Dr. Karegar's Performance
What People Say About Dr. Marjan Karegar, MD
Wonderful visit. All the qualities I look for in a physician Compassion, explains so I could understand, personable while professional. I left the office knowing I found the right doctor. Cancer is a fearful word. She helped me deal. Thanks
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Marjan Karegar, MD?
I've been a patient of Dr. Karegar's for 3 years and my experience is very good. I was referred when my primary doc suspected I had a thyroid issue due to a swelling in my neck. Ultrasound+biopsy confirmed surgery was needed, and Karegar supported my choice to see an endo specialist surgeon in Chas., SC, rather than a local ENT. Since the left-lobectomy, I see her annually for rechecks and enjoy her quirky, chatty manner—perhaps off-putting to some, but she's genuine, caring and puts me at ease.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Marjan Karegar, MD?
I thought so little of Dr. Karegar that I lodged a formal complaint against her.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Marjan Karegar, MD?
Dr. Karegar is extremely professional, knowledgeable, and friendly. I would highly recommend her to anyone. My only regret is that I only need to see her once a year for checkups! (lol) She is a wonderful person.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Marjan Karegar, MD?
Dr. K and the entire staff are wonderful. She took the time to listen to me, gave me a thorough exam and has great bedside manner. I am a very complicated case due to my diabetes, thyroid and very severe gastroparesis. Dr K is very knowledgeable and has been working closely with me to get my blood sugars under control while dealing with my constant nausea/vomiting, gastric pacemaker and Jtube feedings. I highly recommend her to everyone and especially to those diabetics who have gastroparesis.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Marjan Karegar, MD?
This was one of the worst doctor visits I have ever had. She was very condescending and continued to criticize me. I have been a type 1 diabetic my whole life with tight control and she talked to me like I wasn't taking care of myself at all. Very critical. She wouldn't listen to my concerns and continued talking down to me the entire time. I left the office in tears.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Marjan Karegar, MD?
First visit was awesome. I felt very comfortable discussing my thyroid issues and I liked her recommendations, and plans for follow-up. I felt Dr. Karegar listened, reviewed all my data and provided diagnosis.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Marjan Karegar, MD?
Very attentive and knowledgeable doctor. She does a thorough job of examining and explaining your symptoms, possible side effects, what to expect and follow-up. Super, well spoken person!
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Marjan Karegar, MD?
I went to Dr. Karegar for a full review for thyroid. Someone from her office called a week later and told me I had elevated TPO and a presciption for levothyroxine was called in. I had to research at the library what this meant. The levo. gave me bad anxiety and no symptom relief. The next visit I asked about another medication but Dr. Karegar only prescribes levo. and told me "I would have to deal with it" referring to my symptoms. I never went back and found a dr to prescribe Nature Throid
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Marjan Karegar, MD?
This is the worst doctor ever. DO NOT SEE THIS DOCTOR. She doesn't listen to you, brushes off your questions or is very vague with her responses. So rude and doesn't take the time to really do her job. Poor office in general but this doctor is the worst. Was told to switch to dr. Brennan by a few friends, but the office told me I can't switch doctors even if I am unhappy with dr. Karagar so I left and will never return there. Terrible place, save your time, money, and effort.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Marjan Karegar, MD?
I have been seeing Dr. Karegar for about 3 years for insulin resistance. In that time, she has prescribed everything under the sun to help but all of it is just a Band-Aid. At my last appointment, she ridiculed me and made me feel like a child. I was humiliated and left the appointment in tears. She is so unbelievably rude that I cannot put it into words but it was obvious after I left that she does not know how to help me anymore, so she turned it all back on me. Terrible doctor! Run!
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Marjan Karegar, MD?
Dr. Karegar was friendly and caring with a great bedside manner. Being a new patient, I felt she spent a substantial amount of time with me to understand my complex endocrine issues, asking questions and allowing me to ask questions as well. I've seen well over 25 doctors for various diseases, and she is one the most caring and competent of all.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Marjan Karegar, MD?
Very poor bedside manner. Talked poorly about other patients. Told me that I should be glad to jot have children as I should not want to pass on my poor genetic material (type 1 diabetes and hypertyroidism). Very difficult to understand. Was unwilling to prescribe medications (for e.d. and/or pain med for neuropathy). I have been seen by another doctor in this practice (when I was first diagnosed) and he was very condescending. Shame it's the only one in my network.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Marjan Karegar, MD?
Poor excuse for a doctor. Not good with Hashimoto's thyroiditis. She talked more about herself and her sweating problem and other patients than she talked to me about my health. She doesn't know how to treat this and see you in a year and see you in two for an ultrasound. Pitiful. The staff was very unfriendly. Hard to get anyone to call you back. Left messages anger messages.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Marjan Karegar, MD?

How was your experience with Dr. Karegar?

Check the quality of care at hospitals where Dr. Karegar treats patients.