Dr. Marja Mattila-Evenden, MD

Addiction PsychiatryFemale

Addiction Psychiatry

Dr. Marja Mattila-Evenden, MD is a Addiction Psychiatry Specialist in Philadelphia, PA. She is affiliated with Crozer-Chester Medical Center. Her office is not accepting new patients.

Dr. Marja Mattila-Evenden, MD
3535 Market St Fl 4 Philadelphia, PA 19104 ()

Healthgrades Provider Compare™

Quickly compare more Addiction Psychiatry Specialists in your area

• Easy Scheduling
    Patients said scheduling was easy. See reviews

Healthgrades does not collect malpractice claims information for Pennsylvania

Check if Dr. Mattila-Evenden treats your condition or procedure

• Group Psychotherapy
  • Marijuana Withdrawal
  • Opioid Withdrawal
  • Psychiatric Evaluation
  • Psychotherapy and Psychophysiological Therapy (incl. Biofeedback)

Dr. Mattila-Evenden accepts

Dr. Mattila-Evenden accepts the following insurance:

Select

Dr. Mattila-Evenden's Reviews

Likelihood to recommend Dr. Mattila-Evenden

2.7

Dr. Mattila-Evenden

We met twice over zoom. Both times she seemed very arrogant and above me. On our initial meeting, she didn't really try to get to know me at all. It felt to me like she knew she was the doctor in power and it was a privilege for me to talk with her. The second visit she never arrived. I had to call the office, who then got ahold of her to remind her she had an appointment. I waited about 20 minutes. When we finally connected, she was extremely unfriendly, and in the background a phone kept ringing very loudly. I could barely hear her, and she made it very clear by her expressions and actions that she had better things to do. Needless to say, I got myself a new Doctor really fast.
  • Long wait times
  • Appointment was rushed
  • Didn't listen or answer questions
  • Didn't explain conditions well
  • Didn't trust the provider's decisions
CantThinkOfADisplayName – Aug 19, 2021
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Marja Mattila-Evenden, MD?
Virtual visit. I was on Zoom until 01307, she wasn't there, then I closed and reopened it. She was there. She was incredibly rude from the start. Dismissive, superior, arrogant. She asked me what medications I was taking and, when I began to list them, she laughed and said derisively, no, no, no, this isn't a check list. Then why did she ask me. I had listed a couple of drugs used to treat alcoholism. I was upfront about that being a problem. She then proceeded to tell me she didn't think we were a good fit. She said she thought I would be better matched to someone who worked in that area. That IS what she does. She actually asked me, Don't you agree. I said, Ah, no, not actually, but I'm open. She never asked if I was sober or how long I had been sober. I waited two and a half months for this appointment, I need prescriptions refilled, and this disgusting person blew me off. She knew I needed medication management and yet refused to refill anything.
  • Staff wasn't friendly
  • Appointment was rushed
  • Didn't listen or answer questions
  • Didn't explain conditions well
  • Didn't trust the provider's decisions
Nauseated – May 31, 2021
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Marja Mattila-Evenden, MD?

How was your experience with Dr. Mattila-Evenden?

• Addiction Psychiatry

U Helsinki
2009
University Of Pennsylvania
2008
Temple University Hospital Episcopal Campus
2005
Temple University Hospital Episcopal Campus

Does Dr. Marja Mattila-Evenden, MD accept my insurance?

Use the Healthgrades insurance check to verify if Dr. Mattila-Evenden accepts your insurance.

What are Dr. Marja Mattila-Evenden, MD's top areas of care?

Dr. Mattila-Evenden frequently treats Opioid Withdrawal, Alcohol Withdrawal, and Psychotherapy and Psychophysiological Therapy (incl. Biofeedback). See all procedures and conditions Dr. Mattila-Evenden treats.

Where is Dr. Marja Mattila-Evenden, MD's office located?

Dr. Mattila-Evenden's office is located at 3535 Market St Fl 4, Philadelphia, PA 19104. Find other locations and directions on Healthgrades.

Does Dr. Marja Mattila-Evenden, MD offer telehealth services?

Dr. Mattila-Evenden has not yet indicated whether they offer telehealth services. Please contact the office to check for availability/eligibility.

How can I make an appointment with Dr. Marja Mattila-Evenden, MD?

3535 Market St Fl 4 Philadelphia, PA 19104

Dr. Mattila-Evenden is affiliated with the following hospital. Select the hospital below to learn more.

Learn more about how Healthgrades measuresHospital Quality.

Crozer-Chester Medical Center

Chester, PA

57% Patients that would definitely recommend, 13% lower than the national average