Dr. Marion Schertzer, MD

Practices General Surgery

On a scale of 1 and 5 this provider is rated 3 after 59 reviews.
Author:
My experience with her was pretty bad. All she wanted was to know what face cream I used because my skin looked good. Before she entered the examining room I heard her screaming at her staff about scheduling appointments, then she walked in all smiles, phony smiles.I found her disturbing to say the least and never went back.
Author:
Love her great surgeon very nice lady
Author:
Dr Schertzer is AMAZING!!!! She literally saved my life. She is upfront and to the point so perhaps some people don't like that style. I would totally recommend her.
Author:
She did my colonoscopy and after it just said everything is ok and did not waited for my questions. Saw her again for the same issue that my colonoscopy did not fix or found. She did not let me talked, she was not familiar with my case and after doing a rectal check said that she was going to perform a procedure to see why I am having the symptoms I described and she can’t see. She does not answer questions or let you talk.
Author:
MONSTER! My husband was referred to her for surgery. She said he didn't need it and prescribed a cream. Next day my husband was admitted in ER and had 7 units of blood and surgery. He was in the hospital for 6 days. She never returned hospital calls, never saw my husband. INEPT, IRRESPONSIBLE. MONSTER, HORRIBLE HUMAN BEING. THE WORST. THE WORST.
Author:
Dr Schertzer saved my wife's life and I am eternally indebted to her skill and God given abilities. My wife had a universal colonectomy and was able to be reconnected. She had been treated with MASSIVE amounts of prednizone, to the point of almost death, until we met with Dr Schertzer. Dr Schertzer's bedside manner is not "Mary Poppins" but that didn't matter, she knew what to do and did it well. Thank you Marion, you saved my life too !!!
Author:
Dr Schertzer is a "fireball" of energy and knowledge. I know she can be tough and qwerky but she is brilliant and good at what she does. I personally think to many patients expect too much from their doctors when they obviously lack time This is not a perfect world and no doctor is perfect but her skills are better than 3/5 stars.
Author:
Dr.Schertzer is a genius in her field.Like "most" geniuses, they have an abnormal unstableness.An exceptional physican demonstrates not only through medical practice but also through utmost bedside manners & being informative on each pt.'s situation etc. that he/she truly lives up to the physicians oath. This is absolutely vital! Surgeons are "human" too & have just as much on their minds as their pt.'s do (though extremely different). Depending on her mood, Dr. Jekyll Mrs. Hyde is my conclusion
Author:
Most amazing doctor I've ever had. She was the first to care about me and my quality of life, not just my medications and symptoms. She was always available and has an amazing staff at the Meridian Mark location. Extremely competent and knowledgeable not only about surgeries but other complications that could arise from Crohn's disease. Cannot praise her enough!
Author:
I don't recommend Dr. Schertzer at all. I had a colonoscopy scheduled with her. She was over an hour late getting there . Over heard her say that she needed gas, Etc ... Never apologized to me . After colonoscopy basically said it looked normal and simply started to walk away when I stopped her to ask about why I'm having my particular symptoms and basically just blew me off . As employee of NSH where she sees patients and performs surgery, I would NEVER allow her to do any procedure again.
Author:
I don't know about all the bad reviews I read about Dr. Schertzer. I had major surgery in January, and I almost died I can only say she saved my life was very caring and always there for me. Very sweet and kind.
Author:
Dr. Schertzer saved my life. She successfully removed the portion of my colon that harbored cancer, and did such an excellent job that there was no cancer in my system after surgery. I am very grateful to and for her.
Author:
She is rude and incompetent. She butchered my mother's surgery. Do not use this doctor... she talks out of both sides of her mouth and treats people like crap... RUDE RUDE RUDE!!! THINKS SHE IS GOD AND UNTOUCHABLE...
Author:
My experience with Dr. Schertzer for colon resection in 2013 was excellent. Yes, she's busy and a little brusque at times, but I always felt that she was concerned and caring. My health care advocate also said that she provided a lot of post-surgery information, went over the results in detail, and answered all her questions. My outcome was very good, and I am sure that it was due to her exceptional experience, skill and knowledge.
Author:
Find another Doctor. Dr. Schertzer's surgery left me with cronic pain that feels like a structural problem. I have been in and out of pain centers and emergency rooms and 18 months later I cannot get it resolved. Also had a friend who she did surgery on with same problems. Had to have another surgery to correct problems.
Author:
Read all the low ratings given Dr. Schertzer AFTER experiencing her working with me while I was deciding what to do about my diverticulitis; during pre-op preparations; during my post-op stay at Northside Hospital and, finally, during the 6 weeks following my surgery. I could not ask for a more competent, candid, or caring surgeon to work on me and work with me through my procedure. If you are looking for competence and results, contact Dr. Schertzer.
Author:
Always in a hurry, does not spend enough time with patients. Once she left the room without warning when I still had a question; when I told the nurse I had a question, she said Go pay, and I'll ask her for you and meet you at the checkout desk. She scheduled a painful procedure for me and did not tell me that it would be without anesthesia; if I had known, at least I could have taken Atavan beforehand. I will never go back, nor recommend her to anyone. Not enough space here to tell more.
Author:
I was needing surgery and this dr. gave me surgery i was very ill almost dying ... then she was my emergency dr. she removed my colon and rec tum and gave me a ileostomy, then we waited so i woudl have a chance to get a reversal on the ileostomy what a joke it never healed she operated anyways and now I am in more pain than i can ever say and left to never work again .Incontinent... pain , traumatized and in to my 3 pain clinic that cannot help me they want more surgery. No so RUN RUN RUN
Author:
I would never recommend this doctor to anyone. Horrible experience!