Dr. Marion E. Schertzer, MD

Dr. Marion E. Schertzer, MD

General Surgery | Female

GEORGIA COLON & RECTAL SURGICAL ASSOCIATES 3400 Old Milton Pkwy Ste A545, Alpharetta, GA 30005 Get Directions

Learn about this Doctor

Dr. Schertzer specializes in General Surgery and practices in Alpharetta, GA. She practices at 1 location.

Are you Dr. Schertzer? Add your own statement here.

Dr. Schertzer's Experience

See how Dr. Schertzer's experience matches your preferences.

Visiting Dr. Schertzer

Dr. Schertzer accepts 18 insurance carriers

Check out the quality of care at the 4 hospitals where Dr. Schertzer has admitting privileges.

Hospital Quality Awards

Dr. Schertzer's Reviews

Likelihood of recommending Dr. Schertzer to family and friends
Experience with Dr. Schertzer
Dr. Schertzer's Office & Staff
    16 – 30 minutes (45)
Most amazing doctor I've ever had. She was the first to care about me and my quality of life, not just my medications and symptoms. She was always available and has an amazing staff at the Meridian Mark location. Extremely competent and knowledgeable not only about surgeries but other complications that could arise from Crohn's disease. Cannot praise her enough!
Atlanta, GA |
I don't recommend Dr. Schertzer at all. I had a colonoscopy scheduled with her. She was over an hour late getting there . Over heard her say that she needed gas, Etc ... Never apologized to me . After colonoscopy basically said it looked normal and simply started to walk away when I stopped her to ask about why I'm having my particular symptoms and basically just blew me off . As employee of NSH where she sees patients and performs surgery, I would NEVER allow her to do any procedure again.
Gainesville, GA |
I don't know about all the bad reviews I read about Dr. Schertzer. I had major surgery in January, and I almost died I can only say she saved my life was very caring and always there for me. Very sweet and kind.
in Alpharetta Georgia |
Dr. Schertzer saved my life. She successfully removed the portion of my colon that harbored cancer, and did such an excellent job that there was no cancer in my system after surgery. I am very grateful to and for her.
Atlanta GA |
She is rude and incompetent. She butchered my mother's surgery. Do not use this doctor... she talks out of both sides of her mouth and treats people like crap... RUDE RUDE RUDE!!! THINKS SHE IS GOD AND UNTOUCHABLE...
in Marietta, GA |
My experience with Dr. Schertzer for colon resection in 2013 was excellent. Yes, she's busy and a little brusque at times, but I always felt that she was concerned and caring. My health care advocate also said that she provided a lot of post-surgery information, went over the results in detail, and answered all her questions. My outcome was very good, and I am sure that it was due to her exceptional experience, skill and knowledge.
in Atlanta, GA |
Find another Doctor. Dr. Schertzer's surgery left me with cronic pain that feels like a structural problem. I have been in and out of pain centers and emergency rooms and 18 months later I cannot get it resolved. Also had a friend who she did surgery on with same problems. Had to have another surgery to correct problems.
in Marietta, GA |
Read all the low ratings given Dr. Schertzer AFTER experiencing her working with me while I was deciding what to do about my diverticulitis; during pre-op preparations; during my post-op stay at Northside Hospital and, finally, during the 6 weeks following my surgery. I could not ask for a more competent, candid, or caring surgeon to work on me and work with me through my procedure. If you are looking for competence and results, contact Dr. Schertzer.
Atlanta, GA |
Always in a hurry, does not spend enough time with patients. Once she left the room without warning when I still had a question; when I told the nurse I had a question, she said Go pay, and I'll ask her for you and meet you at the checkout desk. She scheduled a painful procedure for me and did not tell me that it would be without anesthesia; if I had known, at least I could have taken Atavan beforehand. I will never go back, nor recommend her to anyone. Not enough space here to tell more.
in Atlanta, GA |
I was needing surgery and this dr. gave me surgery i was very ill almost dying ... then she was my emergency dr. she removed my colon and rec tum and gave me a ileostomy, then we waited so i woudl have a chance to get a reversal on the ileostomy what a joke it never healed she operated anyways and now I am in more pain than i can ever say and left to never work again .Incontinent... pain , traumatized and in to my 3 pain clinic that cannot help me they want more surgery. No so RUN RUN RUN
GA |
I would never recommend this doctor to anyone. Horrible experience!
Have you seen Dr. Marion E. Schertzer, MD?
Are you Dr. Schertzer?

Compare Dr. Schertzer

General Surgery
Alpharetta, GA 30005

Narrow your results

You've got options

We're finding other great Providers for you to consider.

• General Surgery

• Colectomy
  • Colon and Rectal Surgery
  • Colonoscopy, Proctosigmoidoscopy, and Sigmoidoscopy
  • Destruction of Anal Tumor
  • Enterostomy (Laparoscopic or Open)
  • Excision of Rectal Tumor
  • Fistulectomy or Fistulotomy, Anal
  • Gastroenterology Procedures
  • Hemorrhoidectomy or Excision of Anal Tags
  • Incision and Removal of Foreign Object
  • Intestinal Transplant (incl. Enterectomy)
  • Laparoscopic Surgical Procedure
  • Laparotomy
  • Open Incisional and-or Ventral Hernia Repair
  • Proctectomy, Open or Laparoscopic (incl. Swenson and Duhamel Procedures)
  • Sphincterotomy
  • Transendoscopic Stent Placement

No malpractice history found for Georgia.

University of Texas Southwestern Medical Center At Dallas

Graduated in 1987

SUNY Upstate Med University

Completed in 1992

Cleveland Clinic

Completed in 1992

Crs University Tx Affil Hospital

Completed in 1993

Dr. Schertzer has no media or publications listed.

Dr. Schertzer does not have any memberships or affiliations listed. If you are Dr. Schertzer and would like to add memberships or affiliations, please update your free profile.

Dr. Schertzer's experience matches your search based on the following criteria:

• Specializes in General Surgery
  • Board certified in Colon & Rectal Surgery and General Surgery

Why Does Experience Matter?

Patient Satisfaction Results for Dr. Schertzer

Overall Patient Satisfaction Score

Dr. Schertzer's Office & Staff

Ease of scheduling urgent appointments
Office environment, cleanliness, comfort, etc.
Staff friendliness and courteousness
Total wait time (waiting & exam rooms)
16 – 30 minutes

Experience with Dr. Schertzer

Level of trust in provider's decisions
How well provider explains medical condition(s)
How well provider listens and answers questions
Spends appropriate amount of time with patients