Dr. Marion Schertzer, MD

General Surgery •  Female • Age 66

Dr. Schertzer

Georgia Colon and Rectal Surgical Association

5445 Meridian Marks Rd Atlanta, GA 30342

Dr. Marion Schertzer, MD is a General Surgery Specialist in Atlanta, GA and has over 33 years of experience in the medical field. Dr. Schertzer has more experience with Colorectal Surgery and Transplant Surgery than other specialists in her area. She graduated from University of Texas Southwestern Medical Center At Dallas medical school in 1987. She is affiliated with medical facilities Northside Hospital and Northside Hospital Forsyth. She is accepting new patients. Be sure to call ahead with Dr. Schertzer to book an appointment.

Compare Dr. Marion Schertzer, MD with other General Surgery Specialists near you

Dr. Schertzer's Reviews

Likelihood to recommend Dr. Schertzer

2.7

Dr. Schertzer?
My husband is a patient of Dr. Schertzer and he had a very good outcome from surgery. She has much to work on with timeliness and being present with patients. She seems to always be in a hurry and "having a crazy day". Four appointments in her office and shortest wait time was 40 minutes. Longest wait 1 hour 30 minutes, very close to walking out on that one. Waited an hour for her to appear for the scheduled surgery. I hope we do not have to have any further interactions. Will follow up with another surgeon if needed.
PM – Feb 19, 2020
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Marion Schertzer, MD?
I was exceptionally disappointed with Dr. Schertzer, who came highly recommended by a family friend. She left me with her fellow who reviewed my previous medical history thoroughly. When Dr. Schertzer was ready, she took less than 1 minute literally to review (which is quite long0; I doubt she read my history. She proceeded to do a 1 minute exam and quickly blurted out her comments, wrote me a prescription and told me to come back in 30 days and I would feel better. She spoke so hurriedly and insincerely that I asked her to repeat it. She seemed very bothered that I asked. I then inquired if that was the reason for my symptoms. She said no and then left the room to hurry and see a friend. She was more interested in seeing the friend than helping me. Before I filled the prescription, I asked my doc if it was compatible with my current medication and it was not. A VERY POOR AND UNCARING DIAGNOSIS! I was very frustrated and would not recommend her AT ALL!!!!
Dec 30, 2019
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Marion Schertzer, MD?
Really bad experience(s). I found her to be dismissive, distracted, disinterested. Essentially kept her hand on the doorknob in each appt. ( 3-4 appts.) that I had with her, ready to depart the examination room each time in about 5 minutes. Which she did. Every time. Doesn't listen. Discounts what you are attempting to tell her. Somewhat reckless. She may be burned out/over it, that's the impression I was left with. I could have had further health issues/worsening condition had I not changed Dr's. due to my concern re: her treatment.
Nov 22, 2019
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Marion Schertzer, MD?
My experience with her was pretty bad. All she wanted was to know what face cream I used because my skin looked good. Before she entered the examining room I heard her screaming at her staff about scheduling appointments, then she walked in all smiles, phony smiles.I found her disturbing to say the least and never went back.
Mar 11, 2019
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Marion Schertzer, MD?
Love her great surgeon very nice lady
Jan 15, 2019
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Marion Schertzer, MD?
Dr Schertzer is AMAZING!!!! She literally saved my life. She is upfront and to the point so perhaps some people don't like that style. I would totally recommend her.
Alpharetta – Dec 08, 2018
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Marion Schertzer, MD?
She did my colonoscopy and after it just said everything is ok and did not waited for my questions. Saw her again for the same issue that my colonoscopy did not fix or found. She did not let me talked, she was not familiar with my case and after doing a rectal check said that she was going to perform a procedure to see why I am having the symptoms I described and she can’t see. She does not answer questions or let you talk.
Adriana in Gainesville – Feb 15, 2018
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Marion Schertzer, MD?
MONSTER! My husband was referred to her for surgery. She said he didn't need it and prescribed a cream. Next day my husband was admitted in ER and had 7 units of blood and surgery. He was in the hospital for 6 days. She never returned hospital calls, never saw my husband. INEPT, IRRESPONSIBLE. MONSTER, HORRIBLE HUMAN BEING. THE WORST. THE WORST.
Cumming, Ga – Feb 02, 2018
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Marion Schertzer, MD?
Dr Schertzer saved my wife's life and I am eternally indebted to her skill and God given abilities. My wife had a universal colonectomy and was able to be reconnected. She had been treated with MASSIVE amounts of prednizone, to the point of almost death, until we met with Dr Schertzer. Dr Schertzer's bedside manner is not "Mary Poppins" but that didn't matter, she knew what to do and did it well. Thank you Marion, you saved my life too !!!
Eric S in Atlanta – Oct 24, 2017
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Marion Schertzer, MD?
Dr Schertzer is a "fireball" of energy and knowledge. I know she can be tough and qwerky but she is brilliant and good at what she does. I personally think to many patients expect too much from their doctors when they obviously lack time This is not a perfect world and no doctor is perfect but her skills are better than 3/5 stars.
Alpharetta, GA – Jun 15, 2017
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Marion Schertzer, MD?
Dr.Schertzer is a genius in her field.Like "most" geniuses, they have an abnormal unstableness.An exceptional physican demonstrates not only through medical practice but also through utmost bedside manners & being informative on each pt.'s situation etc. that he/she truly lives up to the physicians oath. This is absolutely vital! Surgeons are "human" too & have just as much on their minds as their pt.'s do (though extremely different). Depending on her mood, Dr. Jekyll Mrs. Hyde is my conclusion
Professional Reality in Atlanta, GA – Nov 11, 2016
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Marion Schertzer, MD?
Most amazing doctor I've ever had. She was the first to care about me and my quality of life, not just my medications and symptoms. She was always available and has an amazing staff at the Meridian Mark location. Extremely competent and knowledgeable not only about surgeries but other complications that could arise from Crohn's disease. Cannot praise her enough!
Oct 16, 2016
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Marion Schertzer, MD?
I don't recommend Dr. Schertzer at all. I had a colonoscopy scheduled with her. She was over an hour late getting there . Over heard her say that she needed gas, Etc ... Never apologized to me . After colonoscopy basically said it looked normal and simply started to walk away when I stopped her to ask about why I'm having my particular symptoms and basically just blew me off . As employee of NSH where she sees patients and performs surgery, I would NEVER allow her to do any procedure again.
Atlanta, GA – Sep 20, 2016
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Marion Schertzer, MD?
I don't know about all the bad reviews I read about Dr. Schertzer. I had major surgery in January, and I almost died I can only say she saved my life was very caring and always there for me. Very sweet and kind.
Gainesville, GA – Aug 18, 2016
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Marion Schertzer, MD?
Dr. Schertzer saved my life. She successfully removed the portion of my colon that harbored cancer, and did such an excellent job that there was no cancer in my system after surgery. I am very grateful to and for her.
Cecelia Smith in Alpharetta Georgia – Jul 26, 2016
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Marion Schertzer, MD?
She is rude and incompetent. She butchered my mother's surgery. Do not use this doctor... she talks out of both sides of her mouth and treats people like crap... RUDE RUDE RUDE!!! THINKS SHE IS GOD AND UNTOUCHABLE...
Atlanta GA – Jul 07, 2016
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Marion Schertzer, MD?
My experience with Dr. Schertzer for colon resection in 2013 was excellent. Yes, she's busy and a little brusque at times, but I always felt that she was concerned and caring. My health care advocate also said that she provided a lot of post-surgery information, went over the results in detail, and answered all her questions. My outcome was very good, and I am sure that it was due to her exceptional experience, skill and knowledge.
Patient in Marietta, GA – May 27, 2016
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Marion Schertzer, MD?
Find another Doctor. Dr. Schertzer's surgery left me with cronic pain that feels like a structural problem. I have been in and out of pain centers and emergency rooms and 18 months later I cannot get it resolved. Also had a friend who she did surgery on with same problems. Had to have another surgery to correct problems.
Pam S in Atlanta, GA – May 05, 2016
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Marion Schertzer, MD?
Read all the low ratings given Dr. Schertzer AFTER experiencing her working with me while I was deciding what to do about my diverticulitis; during pre-op preparations; during my post-op stay at Northside Hospital and, finally, during the 6 weeks following my surgery. I could not ask for a more competent, candid, or caring surgeon to work on me and work with me through my procedure. If you are looking for competence and results, contact Dr. Schertzer.
Bernadette in Marietta, GA – Mar 22, 2016
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Marion Schertzer, MD?
Always in a hurry, does not spend enough time with patients. Once she left the room without warning when I still had a question; when I told the nurse I had a question, she said Go pay, and I'll ask her for you and meet you at the checkout desk. She scheduled a painful procedure for me and did not tell me that it would be without anesthesia; if I had known, at least I could have taken Atavan beforehand. I will never go back, nor recommend her to anyone. Not enough space here to tell more.
Atlanta, GA – Mar 02, 2016
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Marion Schertzer, MD?

How was your experience with Dr. Schertzer?

• General Surgery