Dr. Marion Schertzer, MD

General SurgeryFemaleAge 67

Dr. Schertzer
1505 Northside Blvd Ste 2900 Cumming, GA 30041

Dr. Marion Schertzer, MD is a General Surgery Specialist in Cumming, GA and has over 34 years of experience in the medical field. She graduated from University of Texas Southwestern Medical Center At Dallas medical school in 1987. She is affiliated with medical facilities Northside Hospital and Northside Hospital Forsyth. She is accepting new patients. Be sure to call ahead with Dr. Schertzer to book an appointment.

Compare with other General Surgery Specialists

Compare Dr. Schertzer with our nearby General Surgery Specialists at Mayo.

Filter by
Provider Ratings

These providers are on the medical staff of Mayo.

Dr. Schertzer's Reviews

Likelihood to recommend Dr. Schertzer

2.6

Dr. Schertzer
Yes, with no hesitation. She was recommended to me by another physcian when I discovered I had colon cancer. She is the best surgeon I could have asked for. I have a normal life because of her professionalism and skill. She gets 6 stars in my book.
D Hill – Aug 13, 2021
Very inattentive, not willing to explain in detail.Just examined quickly without detailed communication. After the surgery I had complications. The medical stitches burst from the infection. Dr.Mario had advised to wet the gauze sponges with the tap water and apply it to the wound. I end up at the emergency care and received second opinion. I switched the doctors.
Ludmila Bychkovaya – Apr 27, 2021
She was the recommended surgeon for my dad’s colon surgery. At first she was pleasant, caring, and professional. However at the follow up appointments she is rude and condescending. She NEVER explains anything! If you ask a question she is dismissive and evasive. She may be good at surgery but otherwise she’s terrible. And her staff is incompetent. They lose scan results and act like the results weren’t received when they were hand delivered! I would not recommend her.
Apr 09, 2021
Dismissive, rushed. She did not explain the procedure to my husband...who was in so much pain...he couldn't think. I wasn't allowed in with him because of the pandemic. She spoke with me in the hallway for all of a minute. She is the most callous doctor that I have ever met. Being a cancer patient, I had have several doctors. She was recommended by another doctor. Bad recommendation. NO I DON'T RECOMMEND HER.
Sep 13, 2020
as a fellow physician, I can tell you this doctor has no concept of professionalism. She is always chronically late for 45-70 min which is well over an hour and she always has an excuse. she also over-promises like "I will call you to follow up" this is not true. she does NOT care about patients. she is a terrible surgeon.
helena – Aug 31, 2020
My husband is a patient of Dr. Schertzer and he had a very good outcome from surgery. She has much to work on with timeliness and being present with patients. She seems to always be in a hurry and "having a crazy day". Four appointments in her office and shortest wait time was 40 minutes. Longest wait 1 hour 30 minutes, very close to walking out on that one. Waited an hour for her to appear for the scheduled surgery. I hope we do not have to have any further interactions. Will follow up with another surgeon if needed.
PM – Feb 19, 2020
I was exceptionally disappointed with Dr. Schertzer, who came highly recommended by a family friend. She left me with her fellow who reviewed my previous medical history thoroughly. When Dr. Schertzer was ready, she took less than 1 minute literally to review (which is quite long0; I doubt she read my history. She proceeded to do a 1 minute exam and quickly blurted out her comments, wrote me a prescription and told me to come back in 30 days and I would feel better. She spoke so hurriedly and insincerely that I asked her to repeat it. She seemed very bothered that I asked. I then inquired if that was the reason for my symptoms. She said no and then left the room to hurry and see a friend. She was more interested in seeing the friend than helping me. Before I filled the prescription, I asked my doc if it was compatible with my current medication and it was not. A VERY POOR AND UNCARING DIAGNOSIS! I was very frustrated and would not recommend her AT ALL!!!!
Dec 30, 2019
Really bad experience(s). I found her to be dismissive, distracted, disinterested. Essentially kept her hand on the doorknob in each appt. ( 3-4 appts.) that I had with her, ready to depart the examination room each time in about 5 minutes. Which she did. Every time. Doesn't listen. Discounts what you are attempting to tell her. Somewhat reckless. She may be burned out/over it, that's the impression I was left with. I could have had further health issues/worsening condition had I not changed Dr's. due to my concern re: her treatment.
Nov 22, 2019
My experience with her was pretty bad. All she wanted was to know what face cream I used because my skin looked good. Before she entered the examining room I heard her screaming at her staff about scheduling appointments, then she walked in all smiles, phony smiles.I found her disturbing to say the least and never went back.
Mar 11, 2019
Love her great surgeon very nice lady
Jan 15, 2019
Dr Schertzer is AMAZING!!!! She literally saved my life. She is upfront and to the point so perhaps some people don't like that style. I would totally recommend her.
Alpharetta – Dec 08, 2018
She did my colonoscopy and after it just said everything is ok and did not waited for my questions. Saw her again for the same issue that my colonoscopy did not fix or found. She did not let me talked, she was not familiar with my case and after doing a rectal check said that she was going to perform a procedure to see why I am having the symptoms I described and she can’t see. She does not answer questions or let you talk.
  • Difficult to schedule appointment
Adriana in Gainesville – Feb 15, 2018
MONSTER! My husband was referred to her for surgery. She said he didn't need it and prescribed a cream. Next day my husband was admitted in ER and had 7 units of blood and surgery. He was in the hospital for 6 days. She never returned hospital calls, never saw my husband. INEPT, IRRESPONSIBLE. MONSTER, HORRIBLE HUMAN BEING. THE WORST. THE WORST.
  • Difficult to schedule appointment
Cumming, Ga – Feb 02, 2018
Dr Schertzer saved my wife's life and I am eternally indebted to her skill and God given abilities. My wife had a universal colonectomy and was able to be reconnected. She had been treated with MASSIVE amounts of prednizone, to the point of almost death, until we met with Dr Schertzer. Dr Schertzer's bedside manner is not "Mary Poppins" but that didn't matter, she knew what to do and did it well. Thank you Marion, you saved my life too !!!
Eric S in Atlanta – Oct 24, 2017
Dr Schertzer is a "fireball" of energy and knowledge. I know she can be tough and qwerky but she is brilliant and good at what she does. I personally think to many patients expect too much from their doctors when they obviously lack time This is not a perfect world and no doctor is perfect but her skills are better than 3/5 stars.
Alpharetta, GA – Jun 15, 2017
Dr.Schertzer is a genius in her field.Like "most" geniuses, they have an abnormal unstableness.An exceptional physican demonstrates not only through medical practice but also through utmost bedside manners & being informative on each pt.'s situation etc. that he/she truly lives up to the physicians oath. This is absolutely vital! Surgeons are "human" too & have just as much on their minds as their pt.'s do (though extremely different). Depending on her mood, Dr. Jekyll Mrs. Hyde is my conclusion
Professional Reality in Atlanta, GA – Nov 11, 2016
Most amazing doctor I've ever had. She was the first to care about me and my quality of life, not just my medications and symptoms. She was always available and has an amazing staff at the Meridian Mark location. Extremely competent and knowledgeable not only about surgeries but other complications that could arise from Crohn's disease. Cannot praise her enough!
Oct 16, 2016
I don't recommend Dr. Schertzer at all. I had a colonoscopy scheduled with her. She was over an hour late getting there . Over heard her say that she needed gas, Etc ... Never apologized to me . After colonoscopy basically said it looked normal and simply started to walk away when I stopped her to ask about why I'm having my particular symptoms and basically just blew me off . As employee of NSH where she sees patients and performs surgery, I would NEVER allow her to do any procedure again.
Atlanta, GA – Sep 20, 2016
I don't know about all the bad reviews I read about Dr. Schertzer. I had major surgery in January, and I almost died I can only say she saved my life was very caring and always there for me. Very sweet and kind.
Gainesville, GA – Aug 18, 2016
Dr. Schertzer saved my life. She successfully removed the portion of my colon that harbored cancer, and did such an excellent job that there was no cancer in my system after surgery. I am very grateful to and for her.
Cecelia Smith in Alpharetta Georgia – Jul 26, 2016

How was your experience with Dr. Schertzer?

• General Surgery