General Surgery  |
Dr. Marion Schertzer, MD
Dr. Marion Schertzer, MD is a general surgery doctor who practices in Alpharetta, GA. She is 63 years old and has been practicing for 30 years. Dr. Schertzer is affiliated with Emory Saint Joseph's Hospital, Northside Hospital, Dekalb Medical and Northside Hospital - Forsyth.

GEORGIA COLON & RECTAL SURGICAL ASSOCIATES

3400 Old Milton Pkwy Ste A545

Alpharetta, GA 30005

• Blue Cross Blue Shield of Georgia
  • Golden Rule
  • Government Employees Health Association (GEHA)
  • Mail Handlers Benefit Plan (MHBP)
  • Medico

Learn about Dr. Schertzer

Dr. Schertzer's Experience

Dr. Schertzer's experience matches your search based on the following criteria:
  • Specializes in General Surgery

• Colectomy
  • Colon and Rectal Surgery
  • Colonoscopy, Proctosigmoidoscopy, and Sigmoidoscopy
  • Destruction of Anal Tumor
  • Enterostomy (Laparoscopic or Open)
  • Excision of Rectal Tumor
  • Fistulectomy or Fistulotomy, Anal
  • Gastroenterology Procedures
  • Hemorrhoidectomy or Excision of Anal Tags
  • Incision and Removal of Foreign Object
  • Intestinal Transplant (incl. Enterectomy)
  • Laparoscopic Surgical Procedure
  • Laparotomy
  • Open Incisional and-or Ventral Hernia Repair
  • Proctectomy, Open or Laparoscopic (incl. Swenson and Duhamel Procedures)
  • Sphincterotomy
  • Transendoscopic Stent Placement

No malpractice history found for Georgia.

• University Of Texas Southwestern Medical Center At Dallas
    Medical School | Graduated 1987
  • SUNY Upstate Med University
    Internship Hospital | Completed 1992
  • Cleveland Clinic
    Residency Hospital | Completed 1992
  • Crs University Tx Affil Hospital
    Fellowship Hospital | Completed 1993

Dr. Schertzer has no media or publications listed.

Dr. Schertzer does not have any memberships or affiliations listed. If you are Dr. Schertzer and would like to add memberships or affiliations, please update your profile.

Dr. Schertzer's Reviews

Likelihood of recommending Dr. Schertzer to family and friends
2.8
Dr. Schertzer's Performance
Alpharetta, GA |
Dr Schertzer is a "fireball" of energy and knowledge. I know she can be tough and qwerky but she is brilliant and good at what she does. I personally think to many patients expect too much from their doctors when they obviously lack time This is not a perfect world and no doctor is perfect but her skills are better than 3/5 stars.
in Atlanta, GA |
Dr.Schertzer is a genius in her field.Like "most" geniuses, they have an abnormal unstableness.An exceptional physican demonstrates not only through medical practice but also through utmost bedside manners & being informative on each pt.'s situation etc. that he/she truly lives up to the physicians oath. This is absolutely vital! Surgeons are "human" too & have just as much on their minds as their pt.'s do (though extremely different). Depending on her mood, Dr. Jekyll Mrs. Hyde is my conclusion
Most amazing doctor I've ever had. She was the first to care about me and my quality of life, not just my medications and symptoms. She was always available and has an amazing staff at the Meridian Mark location. Extremely competent and knowledgeable not only about surgeries but other complications that could arise from Crohn's disease. Cannot praise her enough!
Atlanta, GA |
I don't recommend Dr. Schertzer at all. I had a colonoscopy scheduled with her. She was over an hour late getting there . Over heard her say that she needed gas, Etc ... Never apologized to me . After colonoscopy basically said it looked normal and simply started to walk away when I stopped her to ask about why I'm having my particular symptoms and basically just blew me off . As employee of NSH where she sees patients and performs surgery, I would NEVER allow her to do any procedure again.
Gainesville, GA |
I don't know about all the bad reviews I read about Dr. Schertzer. I had major surgery in January, and I almost died I can only say she saved my life was very caring and always there for me. Very sweet and kind.
in Alpharetta Georgia |
Dr. Schertzer saved my life. She successfully removed the portion of my colon that harbored cancer, and did such an excellent job that there was no cancer in my system after surgery. I am very grateful to and for her.
Atlanta GA |
She is rude and incompetent. She butchered my mother's surgery. Do not use this doctor... she talks out of both sides of her mouth and treats people like crap... RUDE RUDE RUDE!!! THINKS SHE IS GOD AND UNTOUCHABLE...
in Marietta, GA |
My experience with Dr. Schertzer for colon resection in 2013 was excellent. Yes, she's busy and a little brusque at times, but I always felt that she was concerned and caring. My health care advocate also said that she provided a lot of post-surgery information, went over the results in detail, and answered all her questions. My outcome was very good, and I am sure that it was due to her exceptional experience, skill and knowledge.
in Atlanta, GA |
Find another Doctor. Dr. Schertzer's surgery left me with cronic pain that feels like a structural problem. I have been in and out of pain centers and emergency rooms and 18 months later I cannot get it resolved. Also had a friend who she did surgery on with same problems. Had to have another surgery to correct problems.
in Marietta, GA |
Read all the low ratings given Dr. Schertzer AFTER experiencing her working with me while I was deciding what to do about my diverticulitis; during pre-op preparations; during my post-op stay at Northside Hospital and, finally, during the 6 weeks following my surgery. I could not ask for a more competent, candid, or caring surgeon to work on me and work with me through my procedure. If you are looking for competence and results, contact Dr. Schertzer.
Atlanta, GA |
Always in a hurry, does not spend enough time with patients. Once she left the room without warning when I still had a question; when I told the nurse I had a question, she said Go pay, and I'll ask her for you and meet you at the checkout desk. She scheduled a painful procedure for me and did not tell me that it would be without anesthesia; if I had known, at least I could have taken Atavan beforehand. I will never go back, nor recommend her to anyone. Not enough space here to tell more.
in Atlanta, GA |
I was needing surgery and this dr. gave me surgery i was very ill almost dying ... then she was my emergency dr. she removed my colon and rec tum and gave me a ileostomy, then we waited so i woudl have a chance to get a reversal on the ileostomy what a joke it never healed she operated anyways and now I am in more pain than i can ever say and left to never work again .Incontinent... pain , traumatized and in to my 3 pain clinic that cannot help me they want more surgery. No so RUN RUN RUN
GA |
I would never recommend this doctor to anyone. Horrible experience!
Have you seen Dr. Marion Schertzer, MD?
Are you Dr. Schertzer?

Visit Dr. Schertzer

Dr. Schertzer accepts 18 insurance carriers
  • Blue Cross Blue Shield of Georgia
    Blue Choice HMO
    Blue Choice Option POS
    Blue Open Access POS
  • Golden Rule
  • Government Employees Health Association (GEHA)
    GEHA
    Preferred PPO
  • Mail Handlers Benefit Plan (MHBP)
  • Medico