Dr. Mario John, MD

Dr. Mario John, MD

Orthopedic Surgery  |
Male
Dr. Mario John, MD is an orthopedic surgery doctor who practices in Oviedo, FL. Dr. John is affiliated with Leesburg Regional Medical Center and The Villages Regional Hospital.

8400 Red Bug Lake Rd Ste 200

Oviedo, FL 32765

• Blue Cross Blue Shield of Florida

Learn about Dr. John

See how frequently Dr. John performs your care needs compared to other doctors.

Joint Pain
Shoulder Impingement Syndrome
Patellofemoral Pain Syndrome or Knee Pain

Dr. John's percentages are based on the rate of treatment compared to peers nationwide from insurance data. Learn more info about our data and this Top Care Areas component.

• Adult Reconstructive Orthopedic Surgery
  • Sports Medicine

Dr. John does not have any board certifications listed.

• Adhesive Capsulitis
  • Clavicle Fracture
  • Complications of Joint Prosthesis
  • Elbow Bursitis
  • Elbow Sprain
  • Enthesopathy of Knee (incl. Bursitis of Knee)
  • Femur Fracture
  • Internal Derangement of Knee
  • Knee Dislocation
  • Knee Fracture
  • Knee Sprain
  • Lateral and Medial Epicondylitis (Tennis and Golf Elbow)
  • Leg Fracture Above Knee (incl. Hip)
  • Leg Fracture Below Knee (incl. Ankle)
  • Lumbar Spine Fracture
  • Nerve Root Injury and Plexus Disorders (incl. Pinched Nerve)
  • Non-Unions and Malunions of Fractures

• Separated Femoral Epiphysis Treatment
  • Shoulder Dislocation Treatment
  • Shoulder Fracture and Dislocation Treatment
  • Trigger Finger Release

Education data for Dr. John is unavailable at this time.

Dr. John has no awards or honors listed.

Dr. John has no media or publications listed.

Dr. John does not have any memberships or affiliations listed. If you are Dr. John and would like to add memberships or affiliations, please update your profile.

Dr. John's Reviews

Likelihood of recommending Dr. John to family and friends
4.4
Dr. John's Performance
in orlando, fl |
Dr. Mario John is the most comfortable and caring physician I've had the pleasure of seeing. He was thorough, he was detailed, and I'm extremely happy with the outcome having been seen by him. If you're looking for a Doctor, look no further, highly recommend.
in winter springs |
Dr John is very precise , attentive , dedicated and reliable .
Decatur, GA |
Desmond Healthgrades: Very very attentive doctor. My son is 18 years old goes to UCF and dislocated his finger while playing flag football. He was seen at a local urgent care center and they told him nothing was wrong. After a few days of persistent pain I called Dr. John's office and I was able to get an appointment next day. He did X-rays and diagnosed the dislocation. In the office he numbed him up and relocated the finger. This was his dominant hand . Now he has full use of his hand!
in Fort Myers,FL |
Dr John is a meticulous surgeon. He is very detail oriented and very thorough. Makes patients feel at ease and treats them as if they were a family member of his.
in Valrico, FL |
Healthgrades: dr John performed on my father he had a total knee replacement. The process was smooth. His office staff ( mellisa) was very facilitating and super organized. Dr John explained the procedure very well and my father did fantastic. He was able to walk same day and was discharged to home next day. Dr John is a great surgeon, personable and affable. Without reservation I would recommend him to anyone
in oviedo, fl |
Very great office and staff Dr. John was able to pinpoint my condition and schedule all medical needs.
in The Villages, FL |
Not sure how he is with Knee or hip replacements, but if you are getting your shoulder replaced, find another surgeon. Had my shoulder replaced 11/2/16 and still do not have the use of my right hand, which is my dominate hand. Saw a hand specialist and it was told to me my nerves were stretched during surgery and could be a year or more before it comes back. The shoulder replacement is much larger than my left shoulder replacement, which leaves me with this ridiculous scar on my right arm.
in oviedo, fl |
Dr. John is an amazing doctor, explains very well the situation and looks for different alternatives and solutions. Will recommend to anybody. Office wait is not so long and staff is very friendly
West Haven, CT |
I live in Connecticut & while vacationing in Florida I fell & fractured my hip. Fortunately I was able to see dr John. He operated on me in a timely fashion. His bedside manner was superb & he closely followed me up. I walked next day. During my postoperative course I had very good pain control due to very small incisions. He was very attentive to me and my family and even visited me in the skilled nursing facility. I recommend this doctor. It is very rare you will find a Dr. as caring & skilled
Oviedo, FL |
Dr. John goes above and beyond for his patients. My mother is 75 years old and recently suffered a broken hip. Dr. John gave her an anterior approach total hip replacement. He was very attentive and explained every aspect of the procedure to us. He was in daily contact with us and kept a close eye on my mom's recovery. I cannot say enough good things and rave about Dr. John. His quality of care, quick decision making, and consistent follow-up has given my mom Her life back.
Leesburg, FL |
Horrible narrow minded physician. Completly miss diagnosed what he called a simple wrist fracture. Did not listen to my symptoms. Did not do anything besides an X-ray. Has now been a year without the use of my hand. Have had major surgery by a renowned hand and wrist surgeon. Still recovering after over a year.
Oviedo, FL |
My son fractured his ankle while playing baseball and I was able to get an appointment with Dr John almost immediately. Although he needed surgery, Dr John eased my anxiety and my son has recovered with no problems. He is terrific surgeon with a great bedside manner. I would recommend him to anyone including my love ones.
in Orlando, FL |
Dr John is special, not only is he well qualified but his bedside manor and care is EXCEPTIONAL and not typical of the usual Surgeon. He took great care of me and took his time to communicate with me and my family. Simply one of the best doctors I have had.
Altamonte Springs, FL |
Dr. John is very knowledgeable and up to date on the current methods of treatment. He has a great personality and goes above and beyond what is required of him as a physician. I was treated with respect and never made to feel like a number. He is truly compassionate and cares about the outcome of his surgeries.
Oviedo, FL |
Dr. John is fantastic! He has a wonderful bedside manner and you can tell he truly cares about his patients! The staff is friendly and efficient, and its such a pristine new office. We are lucky to have this gem in Oviedo!
in The Villages, FL |
Dr. John was wonderful. He was thorough taking his time to explain what had happened to my left hip and my options. He put me at ease with the decision to have a hip replacement. I was Dr. John's first anterior approach patient and on the afternoon of the surgery, I stood up without assistance and walked to the hospital room door, turned around and sat down. Now I am better than ever with a full range of motion and flexibility. I mention his name to everyone I come across needing hip surgery.
Ocala, FL |
I worked alongside Dr.John as a nurse and was witness to the exceptional work he puts into all of his patients. He only accepts the best care to be implemented for his patients to ensure optimal quality, healing and mobility progression. He is extremely thorough! There were numerous patients who would rejoice his name first thing after surgery all the way through their discharge due to his amazing work and compassionate demeanor. If you need orthopedic work done, he is the one to go to!
Orlando, FL |
Great experience! The staff was friendly and courteous. Dr. John took the time to answer every question and didn't rush the visit.
leesburg, fl |
We recommend this doctor highly. My wife suffered a life threatening complication after a surgery done by another orthopedic doctor and if it wasn't for Dr John, she would not be alive today. We recommend him highly. Very caring and compassionate doctor.
Oviedo, FL |
I was extremely impressed and liked this doctor. I would recommend him highly. He is very professional, used non medical terms and was very understanding of our situation. He performed the correct surgery with excellent results. He is the best there is...
Leesburg,FL |
My wife lost her leg because of poor treatment by Dr John.
Have you seen Dr. Mario John, MD?
Are you Dr. John?