Rheumatology  |
Dr. Marilyn Solsky, MD
I am from Kansas City and did my medical school training at the University of Kansas School of Medicine. I did my residency training in Detroit and fell in love with Rheumatology. I was extremely fortunate to have done a fellowship in Rheumatology at the University of Michigan. After my fellowship I was a junior faculty member at the University of Iowa Hospital and Clinics for two years. I returned to Michigan to do a fellowship in Geriatrics and received a grant from the National Institute of Aging to study osteoarthritis. I eventually transferred the grant to southern California, first to USC and then to Cedars Sinai Medical Center. After working on the grant for several years I realized that my passion is working with patients, not tissue cultures, and slowly developed a private practice in Rheumatology. I was clinical chief of the Division of Rheumatology at Cedars Sinai for 6 years. It is hard to be in California without being drawn to its lifestyle. As a work out fanatic who had no flexibility I started to do yoga as a way to improve my workouts. Before I knew it yoga was my workout. Yoga changed my life and my approach to patient care. Yoga has been taught for over 2000 years and finally there is "scientific proof" of what yogis have known forever. It is extremely rewarding to me to know that of all of the subspecialties of medicine Rheumatology has been leading the way in incorporating yoga and other nontraditional modalities into the management of the rheumatic diseases. This is a very exciting time to be a rheumatologist. However the enormous changes in the practice of medicine are taking away the satisfaction of the discipline. The building I worked in in Los Angeles had 5 rheumatologists in 2 different offices, and there were 30 rheumatologists within the 5 square block area around Cedars Sinai. Even though I lived in Los Angeles for almost 30 years, I have always considered Kansas City home. Learning that there was a sparsity of rheumatologists in Kansas City, and becoming increasingly discouraged by the medical climate in Los Angeles, I decided it was a good time to come home. I am delighted to be back, and hope to continue to practice Rheumatology in my hometown.

10875 Grandview Dr Ste 2200

Overland Park, KS 66210

• Blue Cross Blue Shield of California
  • Blue Shield of California

Learn about Dr. Solsky

See how frequently Dr. Solsky performs your care needs compared to other doctors.

Joint Pain
high
Osteoporosis
Autoimmune Diseases

Dr. Solsky's percentages are based on the rate of treatment compared to peers nationwide from insurance data. Learn more info about our data and this Top Care Areas component.

This content was provided by Dr. Solsky "Over the years I have observed that the same symptoms may affect an individual differently.  I try to honor the uniqueness of each individual.  I attempt to help my patients better understand why he or she is experiencing the symptoms he or she is experiencing.  The term "arthritis" embraces an enormous amount of disease entities and one form of arthritis is usually entirely different from another.  Sometimes our medications are miraculous in restoring a patient's sense of well being, and other times, they are not effective.   I try to look at a patient as a whole and incorporate life style changes with the same rigorousness I prescribe medications.  I believe education is the cornerstone of understanding and strive to give my patients the best information I have so that together we can make informed decisions for their unique situation. "

• Rheumatology

Accredited by: American Board of Internal Medicine*
  • Rheumatology
    Accredited by: American Board of Internal Medicine*

• Ankylosing Spondylitis
  • Antiphospholipid Syndrome (APS)
  • Chondrocalcinosis
  • Muscle Weakness
  • Osteoarthritis of Hand or Wrist
  • Osteoarthritis of Hands
  • Osteoarthritis of Hip and Thigh
  • Polymyalgia Rheumatica (PMR)
  • Polymyositis
  • Psoriatic Arthritis
  • Reiter's Syndrome (Reactive Arthritis)
  • Sarcoidosis
  • Sjögren's Syndrome
  • Tendonitis
  • Vasculitis

• Arthrocentesis
  • Joint Injection
  • Myofascial Trigger Point Injection

Healthgrades does not collect malpractice information for Kansas.

• University Of Kansas / Main Campus
  • University Of Mi Hosps and Health Ctrs
    Residency Hospital | Completed 1981
  • University Of Michigan / Ann Arbor
    Fellowship Hospital | Completed 1981

Dr. Solsky has no media or publications listed.

Dr. Solsky does not have any memberships or affiliations listed. If you are Dr. Solsky and would like to add memberships or affiliations, please update your profile.

Dr. Solsky's Reviews

Likelihood of recommending Dr. Solsky to family and friends
Dr. Solsky's Performance
in Kansas City, MO |
I had my first visit with Dr. Solsky today and I was very pleased. I was nervous and didn't know what to expect and she was warm and friendly and made me feel comfortable. She listened to my concerns and answered all of my questions. She didn't make me feel rushed or like she was in a hurry to wrap things up. She was able to quickly diagnose my autoimmune issues, and now we're just waiting on more testing to be done. I would highly recommend her if you're looking for a top-notch rheumatologist!
in Los Angeles, CA |
Miss her professional care!!!!
Have you seen Dr. Marilyn Solsky, MD?
Are you Dr. Solsky?