Dr. Marie E. Corcoran, DO

Family Medicine | Female | 65 years old

Northwestern Medicine Regional Medical Group
7 Blanchard Cir Ste 200
Wheaton, IL 60189 Get Directions

Dr. Corcoran specializes in Family Medicine and practices in Wheaton, IL. She practices at 1 location.

Are you Dr. Corcoran? Add your own statement here.

Dr. Corcoran's Experience

See how Dr. Corcoran's experience matches your preferences.

Visiting Dr. Corcoran

Dr. Corcoran accepts 17 insurance carriers

Check out the quality of care at the 1 hospitals where Dr. Corcoran has admitting privileges.

Hospital Quality Awards

Experience with Dr. Corcoran
Dr. Corcoran's Office & Staff
    16 – 30 minutes (14)
in Naperville, IL |
First-time visit, moderate wait. Spent as much time as I needed, going after-hours on a Friday! Approachable, down-to-earth. Due to my conditions, she referred me to a specialist that would be "more appropriate" for my situation. Staff, on the phone, front desk, and her assistant Judy, were just so pleasant, friendly, courteous. She can, but does not admit you thus being your doctor while in the hospital, except for newborns. She explained about getting a "hospitalist Dr" while in-patient.
in Wheaton, IL |
I really like Dr. Corcoran. I found her a few years ago after my long-term doctor retired. I find her warm, caring, personable and very knowlegable. I have a few health issues, and I am the kind of patient who does research and asks questions. Some doctors seem annoyed by this, but not her. She surprised me on my first visit by explaining to me what ejection fraction was and why it was so important. Although I had seen 3 or 4 cardiologists, not a single one had bothered to do that.
in Wheaton, IL |
I along with my daughter went to see her recently. I think she has Asperger's as she seems to have limited social awareness. I'm sure she's intelligent but to brag about her daughter for 30 minutes while my daughter waited alone in the lobby, to refuse outright to give my 11-yo the HPV shot despite current CDC recommendations, and to order a slew of specialty tests for me without explanation. On this last point, Dr. Corcoran knows better than I, but her bedside manner can be better.
in Glen Ellyn, IL |
She prescribed a medication for a sinus infection that was no longer effective is treating this type of infection (z-pak). I told her that it never worked for me and to use another medication. She said no. Needless to say the infection did not go away and had to return 2 weeks later but requested another doctor. You would be better going to Convenient Care than see her.
in Glen Ellyn, IL |
She has a great bedside manner however she is not a capable physician. She misdiagnosed me twice and prescribed medication I previously had issues with. Thankfully the pharmacy took it back. The final straw was I was told an order was put in for bloodwork, went to have it done and there was nothing in the system. I got another call apologizing for the misunderstanding- I still have the first voice mail stating the order was entered. Maybe she's too rushed- I don't know. She's no longer my doctor
in Lockport, IL |
Dr. Corcoran is very knowledgeable. She takes time to explain any questions you may have. If she is running late with your appointment, she is worth the wait.
Have you seen Dr. Marie E. Corcoran, DO?
Are you Dr. Corcoran?

Compare Dr. Corcoran

More Family Practitioners like Dr. Corcoran at Northwestern Medicine Regional Medical Group

Dr. Corcoran's experience matches your search based on the following criteria:

•  Specializes in Family Medicine
  •  Board certified in Family Practice and Osteopathic Manipulative Medicine

Dr. Corcoran has no media or publications listed.

No malpractice history found for Illinois.

Why It Matters: Dr. Corcoran's Board Certifications

• Family Practice
  • Osteopathic Manipulative Medicine

Dr. Corcoran does not have any conditions listed. If you are Dr. Corcoran and would like to add conditions you treat, please update your free profile.

Chicago College of Osteopathic Medicine / Midwestern University

Graduated in 1978

Chicago Osteopathic Hospitals

Dr. Corcoran does not have any memberships or affiliations listed. If you are Dr. Corcoran and would like to add memberships or affiliations, please update your free profile.

• Osteopathic Manipulative Therapy

Dr. Corcoran does not have any procedures listed. If you are Dr. Corcoran and would like to add procedures you perform, please update your free profile.