Dr. Maricel Ridella, MD

Endocrinology, Diabetes & Metabolism | Female

TPMG Endocrinology Newport News, Va 11751 Rock Landing Dr Ste 1 Newport News, VA 23606 Get Directions
Dr. Maricel Ridella, MD
Dr. Maricel Ridella, MD is an endocrinology, diabetes & metabolism doctor who practices in Newport News, VA. She is 48 years old and has been practicing for 24 years. Dr. Ridella is affiliated with Sentara Careplex Hospital.

Dr. Ridella's Experience

See how Dr. Ridella's experience matches your preferences.

Visiting Dr. Ridella

Dr. Ridella accepts 8 insurance carriers

Dr. Ridella is now accepting new patients
TPMG Endocrinology11751 Rock Landing Dr Ste 1
Newport News, VA 23606
(757) 595-4300Get Directions

Check out the quality of care at the 1 hospitals where Dr. Ridella has admitting privileges.

Dr. Ridella's Reviews

Likelihood of recommending Dr. Ridella to family and friends
3.6
Dr. Ridella's Performance
in Yorktown, VA |
Dr. Ridella is amazing! She will stay on an existing medical problem without pause. Diabetes is a difficult disease, and Dr. Ridella does everything she can to keep me on track, and to resolve any, and all, medical complications...most of which are self inflicted through diet. She lets you know when you are doing your part in staying healthy, and she lets you know when you are not. I highly recommend Dr. Ridella! If you want a doctor who sincerely cares about your health, she's it!
Newport News, VA |
I work funky hours so it's hard to get in touch with me. The office was patient in scheduling my first appointment but I was an hour late because of work. They saw me anyway! That meant a lot to me. The visit was very productive and she adjusted some medications that made me feel better within days. I still go see her every 6 months and recommend her to others as well.
Newport News, VA |
I see Dr. Ridella for my thyroid and diabetes. Everyone in the office is very polite. They are very accommodating for last minute visits. There is a lab on site that is very convenient. Dr. Ridella takes time to review our lab results and medications, and make sure that what we are doing is still working for us. We have referred several friends and family members to this office and will continue to do so. We are very happy.
Newport News, VA |
This year was a hard year for me and my family , My wife had some very upsetting news . So we had to come to Dr.Ridella . To come to her office taken about a week to get an appointment , because my wife was very sick . The office manager Kris was very understanding of what my wife was going through at the time . The labs and the health of my wife was very poor before coming here , after the 1st visit we started to get my wife the help she needed . I thank Dr.Ridella and her Team. Amazing Doctor
Winter Park, FL |
Pretty disappointing experience. First, it was difficult to get an appointment. My doctor had to send my referral several times before the doctor would agree to see me. What kind of a doctor refuses to see a sick patient referred by another doctor? (Her concern is with numbers & not patients.) She spoke to me in a rude & abrupt way, & basically said my primary care doctor was incompetent. She focuses too much on lab test numbers & not patient care. She seems knowledgeable though, so 2 stars.
in Optional |
I was treated rudely and had a very upsetting experience. I can't understand how this doctor can remain in practice. She obviously has too many patients and needs to stop taking referrals.
in Newport News, VA |
Dr. Ridella is an excellent physician! She is compassionate and caring, and takes the time to listen to the concerns of patients, following through as needed. She explains her recommendations to the patients, taking the time to ensure that they understand what the medical plan is and the expected outcome of same! I would highly recommend her!
in Hampton, VA |
I have been a patient of Dr. Ridella's for some time now. Not once do I leave her office with unanswered questions. She is EXTREMELY helpful and genuinely cares about her patients. I have recommended her several times to friends and colleagues.
I had to find a different doctor because she ignored me and didn't seem to care about treating me despite the symptoms I was having. Actually it's good that she is rude right away so patients she doesn't want to treat can go elsewhere to find good, competent doctors who actually want to see them.
in Newport News, VA |
Wonderful experience with every appointment. Dr. Ridella is though-rough and listens. I have never been mis-diagnosed by her. She does not rush in and out of the room but takes her time with me. I would highly recommend her to anyone who needs to see an endocrinologist.
in Newport News, VA |
I was pleasantly surprised after reading other reviews how much I liked this doctor and her staff . The receptionist made me comfortable .The medical asst .was kind and explained everything . The doctor was very kind and super gentle when doing my ultra sound. She offered options for me to choose a surgeon and made a follow up appointment with a surgeon that we both agreed on. A very positive experience considering the very sad diagnosis .
in Hampton |
Dr. Ridella was completely wrong about my diagnosis because she ignored what I was telling her about the way I felt. She had the nerve to tell me I was not having a specific symptom simply because the lab reports said I shouldn't be. My symptoms were caused by something she had not tested for! It's sad when a doctor doesn't listen to patients. Do yourself a favor and find a good doctor who doesn't just read numbers on lab reports, find one that takes symptoms seriously.
Very rude office staff causes a serious lack of communication.
Dr Ridella and her staff have excellent service!!! I highly recommend her!! Very professional and very nice!
Have you seen Dr. Maricel Ridella, MD?
Are you Dr. Ridella?

Compare Dr. Ridella

Dr. Ridella's experience matches your search based on the following criteria:

•  Specializes in Endocrinology, Diabetes & Metabolism

Dr. Ridella has no media or publications listed.

No malpractice history found for Virginia.

Why It Matters: Dr. Ridella's Board Certifications

• Hypothyroidism
  • Kidney Disease
  • Lipid Disorders
  • Malaise and Fatigue
  • Menstrual Disorders (incl. Dysmenorrhea)
  • Multiple Endocrine Neoplasia
  • Thyroiditis
  • Vitamin D Deficiency

University Of Buenos Aires / Faculty Of Medicine

Graduated in 1993

Dr. Ridella does not have any memberships or affiliations listed. If you are Dr. Ridella and would like to add memberships or affiliations, please update your free profile.

• Endocrinology, Diabetes & Metabolism