Gynecologic Oncology  |
Dr. Maribel Monroe, MD
Dr. Maribel Monroe, MD is a gynecologic oncology doctor who practices in Las Vegas, NV. She is 51 years old and has been practicing for 26 years. Dr. Monroe is affiliated with MountainView Hospital and Summerlin Hospital Medical Center.

2480 Professional Ct Ste 110

Las Vegas, NV 89128

• Guardian
  • Health Net
  • Medicare
  • WellPoint

Learn about Dr. Monroe

Dr. Monroe's Experience

Dr. Monroe's experience matches your search based on the following criteria:
  • Specializes in Gynecologic Oncology

• Cervical Polyps
  • Cervicitis
  • Endometriosis
  • Gynecologic Cancer
  • HPV (Human Papillomavirus)
  • Hemorrhoids
  • Incontinence
  • Infertility
  • Mastodynia
  • Menopausal and Postmenopausal Disorders
  • Menopause
  • Menstrual Disorders (incl. Dysmenorrhea)
  • Nausea
  • Noninflammatory Cervical Disorders
  • Ovarian Cysts
  • Pap Smear Abnormalities
  • Pelvic Pain
  • Perimenopause
  • Polycystic Ovarian Syndrome
  • Sexual Dysfunction
  • Sexually Transmitted Diseases (STDs)
  • Symptomatic Menopause

• Birth Control
  • Colpopexy
  • Colpopexy With Robotic Assistance
  • Colposcopy
  • Destruction or Excision of Lesion of Cervix (incl. LEEP)
  • Dilation and Curettage
  • Sexually Transmitted Infections Screening
  • Smoking Cessation Counseling
  • Tubal Ligation
  • Vaginal Surgery

No malpractice history found for Nevada.

• Universidad Central De Venezuela--Luis Razetti, Escuela De Medicine Luis Razetti
    Medical School | Graduated 1991
  • National Institute Of Health
    Internship Hospital | Completed
  • Wayne State U/Hutzel Hospital
    Residency Hospital | Completed 1998
  • Facog
    Fellowship Hospital | Completed

Dr. Monroe has no media or publications listed.

Dr. Monroe does not have any memberships or affiliations listed. If you are Dr. Monroe and would like to add memberships or affiliations, please update your profile.

Dr. Monroe's Reviews

Likelihood of recommending Dr. Monroe to family and friends
3.0
Dr. Monroe's Performance
Las Vegas, NV |
I believe Dr. Monroe is excellent. She really cares about her patients and does everything to help you with whatever your concerns are. I am 65 and she is taking care of all my hormonal concerns and my sleep concerns. The wait time is still a little long but much better than it used to be a year ago. I would recommend her to anyone desiring a doctor who actually cares about you.
Las Vegas, NV |
They didn't have my appointment on computer at all for a results apt. Also waiting on results they don't even have in. I've been waiting an hour and going.... Edited: finally saw the doctor after waiting 1.5 hours. Spent a handful of time with her, with her taking notes and reading up about me IN FRONT OF ME instead of before she came in. She does thorough testing but she has no idea what she's doing with it. She's trying to make money off the natural
in Las Vegas, NV |
Dr. Monroe is a friendly doctor , but prescribes bio identical hormones very easily and in abundance. Prescribes too high doses ,which I found out after developing problems with it . No solutions were offered for the problem. A OBGYN doctor should to be more concerned about my treatment since it can do great harm if wrongly prescribed. Got my pap smear from a different doctor ,who showed more interest . Nutrition is her forte . Mostly a Wellness center now . Staff still unprofessional.
Whittier, CA |
I have never received such terrible care from a doctor. At no time did I speak with the doctor during my appointment. I was not offered that option, and when I called with medical questions I was told that Dr. Monroe does not take patient calls. I had unanswered health and medication questions; questions about my bill, and I wanted to speak with Dr. Monroe. I never did speak with her and found another Dr.
in Las Vegas, NV |
Went to Dr. Monroe for my annual exam, pap smear & blood work for bio-identical hormones. Switched to her specifically to see a Doctor in my insurance plan. Ended up having a very bad experience. A few weeks after exam, received a lab bill for $666. after insurance. My portion is usually $76. Two pages of unnecessary tests. One visit cost me a lot of stress, time & money. Be forewarned and ask lots of questions.
in Las Vegas, NV |
I would not recommend Dr. Monroe to anyone. I feel she had no concern for my well being as her patient. She lost my blood work, took the wrong tests, diagnosed me without taking adequate tests, and gave me medication without explaining. She didn't care to listen to any of my health concerns. I had to call my Pharmastist to inquire about the medications she gave me only to find they were not for my condition. I left empty handed and was not given adequate care. I am very disappointed
in Las Vegas, NV |
Dr Monroe has been my OB/GYN doctor since I had my first pregnancy 17yrs ago. At one point she was not contracted with my insurance and those 3yrs I had to look for another doctor and it is not easy to be pleased after you have a doctor you really like. I came back this year and after explaining to her all my medical issues she was the only one that listened to me and did something about. I found out I have celiac disease which is allergic to gluten. All my symptoms are going away and feel great
Las Vegas, NV |
Dr. Monroe seems to be very caring. She was thorough; however, the wait time is ridiculous. I appreciate the time she dedicate to her patients but waiting an hour over your scheduled appointment is insane. Good reviews but I'm certain some of the ratings are not honest about wait times. Early mornings are the best times. I was reluctant to go back due to her rude office staff from 2015. Went back August 2016 seem to be different office staff very pleasant.
in Las Vegas, NV |
She is very thorough ! Truly cares and wants to help you get better ! Covers all bases in a world that doesn't seem to!
Las Vegas, NV |
Went to see Dr. Monroe in 2013. She did $400.00 worth of blood work, tried to get me to take bio identical hormones when I told her NO HORMONES! I had surgery in May of 2013, she did not come out after my surgery to speak to my husband? Today is May 28, 2016 and I received a statement from my insurance that the good doctor was billing them AGAIN for services in 2013 for which she was paid!
in Las Vegas, NV |
Dr. Monroe's years of experience and knowledge of neuroendocrinology make her an outstanding choice here in the Las Vegas Valley. Her knowledge of challenging hormonal issues that come with being mature woman is unparalleled. She is an expert at epigenetic issues and is light years ahead of modern treatment modalities. Her genetic testing and nutritional assesment led her to diagnose my problem, stemming my gynocological issues! Dr. Monroe's years of expertise/dilligence are unparalleled.
Las Vegas, NV |
Tried to treat me for diabetes but couldn't tell me if I was a type 1 or type 2. Even prescribed insulin. She kept telling me one thing but doing another. Then boom, schedules surgery but didn't tell me what she would be doing or why I would need it. Her office staff failed to listen to a voice mail that I left a week ago asking to reschedule my appointment. I had called later that day when I didn't hear anything and rescheduled. They cancelled my new appointment.
in Las Vegas, NV |
She is exactly what I'd expect my doctor to be. Beautiful, gracious, good bedside manner, doesn't dismiss your feelings or ideas, and explains issues to you fully!!! Awesome, love her and her staff!!!
in Las Vegas, NV |
Amazing Doctor, took her time to answer all my questions. Staff was very friendly and attentive. I will definitely recommend to all my friends and family.
in West Bloomfield, MI |
She is extremely knowledgable in anything related to menopause, anti aging, disease prevention, achieving optimal health, and well being. She is light yeas away from a typical Gyn doctor. I was diagnosed with a very aggressive and lethal type of ovarian cancer 5 years ago. After my complete hysterectomy and chemo I was overweight, bold, quickly aging, and depressed. Today, thanks to Dr. Monroe I am happy, very satisfied with my looks, and feel great.
in Las Vegas |
She over books herself leaving her patients to wait over an hour past their appointment time in a waiting room that is way too small and cannot seat everyone. Her office staff is rude, dismissive, and unfriendly. They printed out another patients personal information and gave it to me. A complete HIPPAA violation. The staff is totally unprofessional.
Have you seen Dr. Maribel Monroe, MD?
Are you Dr. Monroe?