Dr. Mariana Varga, MD

Dr. Mariana Varga, MD

NeurologyFemale

Neurology

Dr. Mariana Varga, MD is a Neurology Specialist in Austin, TX and has over 27 years of experience in the medical field. Dr. Varga has extensive experience in Sleep Disorders. She graduated from Iul Iu Hatieganu in 1995. She is affiliated with medical facilities such as St. David's Medical Center and Ascension Seton Medical Center Austin. Her office accepts new patients and telehealth appointments.

Parkinson's Disease and Movement Disorder Clinic

Parkinson's Disease and Movement Disorder Clinic3001 Bee Caves Rd Ste 210 Austin, TX 78746

Hospital Highlight

Dr. Varga is affiliated with St. David's Medical Center Austin, a highly rated hospital.

• Friendly Staff Patients said the staff was friendly. See reviews
  • Practices at Top Hospital America's 250 Best Hospitals Award™ See hospitals

More Neurology Specialists at St. David's Medical Center

Dr. Varga's Reviews

Likelihood to recommend Dr. Varga

3.5

Dr. Vargas is rude, does not listen, and is completely void of compassion or empathy. Her professionalism is lacking in every aspect and this is also reflected in her staff. I took my elderly father there for a visit today. After spending two hours there, she gave him about 5 minutes of her time. That by itself is not what bothers me--I'm sure he misunderstood when his appointment was, and neither he nor myself complained---I was grateful that they were working us in! However, she would not listen to either him nor myself, and as we were leaving I could hear her loudly and sarcastically repeating verbiage she had used while in the exam room to her colleagues and staff--complaining about my father! I have never been more disgusted with a medical professional in my life. At least wait until we leave to talk like that! If you want your loved ones cared for, I suggest you find them a different neurologist.
  • Long wait times
Nicole – Feb 12, 2022
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Mariana Varga, MD?
Dr. Varga improved my life significantly using DBS. I had my second implant 2 or 3 yeqrs ago. So far so good!
Tom Brinson – Jan 05, 2021
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Mariana Varga, MD?
Dr. Varga's staff is very professional and friendly. I found Dr. Varga to be very informative and thorough with regard to diagnosing my on-going problems with essential tremors. She recommended a solution that alleviates prescription drugs and I could not be happier. She also agreed to work with my orthopedic surgeon in order to work on scheduling any overlapping medical procedures that may occur between the two doctors. I would highly recommend Dr. Varga to others in need of a neurologist.
Austin, TX – Dec 22, 2018
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Mariana Varga, MD?
Dr. Varga spent a lot of time with me listening to my complains and symptoms. She went way and beyond to try to find out what's wrong with me. I've been to several doctors before and none of them was able to figure it out. She is competent and caring. Her staff is very welcoming and polite.
Daniel P in Austin, TX – Oct 16, 2018
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Mariana Varga, MD?
Dr. Varga & her assistant Kate has turned my life around. For approximately 12-14 months, my movement issues prevented me from getting in front of my customers. Thankfully, I am now visiting my current customers and calling on potential customers. Prior to finding Dr. Varga, I saw two doctors who could not provide a successful plan. Dr. Varga quickly identified my issues and had a well thought out plan that included next steps. They are knowledgable, kind and concerned!
Anthony in Austin – May 01, 2018
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Mariana Varga, MD?
Her office staff is the rudest I have ever experienced. They just told me I was the rude one and hung up on me. Dr. Varga does NOT have good bedside manners whatsoever. She and her staff are rude and I cannot believe she is in a field with patients with Parkinson's Disease that deserve a kind and loving Dr. She is not that for certain. She requested certain testing on me and has had the results for over 10 days and I have not heard a word back. She told me I should go somewhere else. I will
Austin, TX – Aug 29, 2017
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Mariana Varga, MD?
I also agree with the other reviewers about the unprofessional and rude behavior of this doctor. I tried to explain something in a normal calming voice and was shocked to her reaction. Not only did she yelled at me and raised her voice and interrupted me NUMEROUS times, she threw her hands in the air and rolled her eyes. Then she took a phone call during our visit and had a personal conversation. UNBELIEVABLE. I will not return to this clinic, nor would I EVER recommend her to anyone.
  • Difficult to schedule appointment
Austin Tx – Aug 25, 2017
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Mariana Varga, MD?
I am still shocked about the way she treated me yesterday. When I started to tell her about seeing the Physical Therapist, I was interrupted and told to be quiet. She screamed at me at length for something the PT had done. I continued to tell her that I messaged her on Patient Portal, only to hear from her that she don't have time to read this. Never in my life have I experienced a medical professional act in this manner. Her behavior was unbelievable rude, verbally abusive, unprofessional.
Austin, TX – Apr 30, 2017
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Mariana Varga, MD?
Condesending, patronizing, verbally abusive. I have never witnessed a professional act in the way this woman acted. She yelled at my grandfather for misunderstanding her and standing up when he should have sat down. This is a man with Parkinson's who did not deserve to be berated in the manner that he was. I asked to be contacted by Dr. Varga upon leaving the clinic and never received a call or so much as an apology. Her assistant was even in shock from the abuse of Dr. Varga.
john in dallas, TX – Jan 18, 2017
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Mariana Varga, MD?
Dr Varga saved my life. Quite simply I had been diagnosed incorrectly with Parkinson's by Dr. Robert Izor in 1997. His treated me with heavy doses of both Parkinson's medication and other medication to alleviate the side effects of the medications. In 2012 due to severe decline in my health Dr. Izor recommended DBS surgery. After going thru the brain surgery I continued to decline. I sought a second opinion to stop the decline. I DID NOT HAVE PARKINSON'S. I WAS BEING POISONED.
Joelene Geranios in Caldwell ID – Aug 12, 2016
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Mariana Varga, MD?

How was your experience with Dr. Varga?

No malpractice claims found for Texas

Frequently Treated by Dr. Varga

Based on treatment records, we have identified the following as areas of care that Dr. Varga treats more often than their peers. If you are unsure whether Dr. Varga treats other conditions, please contact the office at (512) 900-2477.

Sleep Disorders

Sleep disorders specialists diagnose and treat conditions that disrupt sleep, including insomnia, narcolepsy, restless legs syndrome, and sleep apnea.Compare with other Sleep Disorders specialists.

Dr. Varga is experienced in the area of Sleep Disorders. See the graph below to learn more about her experience.

Based on claims data for 4 conditions and procedures

• Brainstem Auditory Evoked Response Test
  • Cerebellar Ataxia
  • Cerebral Artery Thrombosis
  • Cerebrovascular Disease
  • Chorea (Excluding Huntington's Chorea)
  • Chronic Pain
  • Parkinson's Disease
  • Parkinsonism
  • Peripheral Autonomic Neuropathy
  • Peripheral Neuropathy Testing
  • Progressive Supranuclear Palsy (PSP)
  • Pseudobulbar Affect
  • Vitamin B12 Deficiency
  • Wada Test
  • Wilson's Disease
  • Writers' Cramp

Dr. Varga accepts most major insurance plans.

Dr. Varga has indicated that she accepts most major insurance carriers

(737) 276-3871Find providers who accept this insurance