Internal Medicine  |
Dr. Maria Walker, MD
Dr. Maria Walker, MD is an internal medicine doctor who practices in Decatur, GA. She is 60 years old and has been practicing for 35 years. Dr. Walker is affiliated with Dekalb Medical Center at Hillandale and Dekalb Medical.

SNAPFINGER WOODS FAMILY PRACTICE GROUP

5071 Snapfinger Woods Dr Ste 108

Decatur, GA 30035

• Ambetter
  • Blue Cross Blue Shield of Georgia

Learn about Dr. Walker

Dr. Walker's Experience

Dr. Walker's experience matches your search based on the following criteria:
  • Specializes in Internal Medicine
  • Board certified in Internal Medicine

Accredited by: American Board of Internal Medicine*

No malpractice history found for Georgia.

• Harvard Medical School
    Medical School | Graduated 1982
  • Grady Memorial Hospital
    Internship Hospital | Completed 1983
  • Georgia Baptist Hospital
    Residency Hospital | Completed 1995

Dr. Walker has no media or publications listed.

Dr. Walker does not have any memberships or affiliations listed. If you are Dr. Walker and would like to add memberships or affiliations, please update your profile.

Dr. Walker's Reviews

Likelihood of recommending Dr. Walker to family and friends
2.4
Dr. Walker's Performance
Decatur, GA |
My initial consultation with Dr. Walker was a good experience. She spent time with my Dad and I shared information about his health background to help the team serve him better. I do not always fault doctors for the behavior of their staff who were doing their jobs on that day with no attitude. I look forward to a good relationship with Dr. Walker and her staff in the future.
in Stone Mountain |
Dr. Walker has seen me for about a year, more than 10 times, and still does not know me. She did not listen to me or examine me. She assumed certain problems and then just gave me pills. She does not return calls and medication is often not sent to the pharmacist or sent in incorrectly. She hold your medication for ransom with requiring lots of appointments. She also overbooks way too much. She does not get back to you, even for labs, and sometimes cannot be reached at all by phone.
Atlanta, GA |
The waiting time to see Dr. Walker is beyond unacceptable! Be prepared to wait 4(+) hours if your a scheduled patient or walk in. The standard script for the long wait is, "she's on her way." I was patient for nearly 15 years and this has ALWAYS been an issue. The entire office needs to be renovated as it old and outdated and the upholstered seating is musty (been in there for years). Constant staff changes with the exception on the triage nurse, Annie. I do not recommend Dr. Maria Walker.
in Riverdale, GA |
Dr Walker is very slow she has her patients come in at 8:30 am and she doesn't start until 10am, she allows her patients to belittle and talk to her staff any type of way. The office is unclean, raggedy and out dated. Her wait time is ridiculous, i was there 3.5 hours and still had not been seen. I witnessed a lady talking to the girl behind the desk as if she was crap at the bottom of her shoe. I do not recommend this office to anyone...its like a free clinic where no one cares!!!
Stone Mountain, GA |
Like most of the reviews says the wait time is ridiculous- 2 hrs in the exam room. When Dr Walker finally came in she didn't do a physical or listened to me. I've been extremely depressed n thought talking to my Dr would help some how. She ask me why I came in, as soon as I said I haven't been sleeping she wrote a script for sleeping pills stood up n showed me to the lab for blood work. Less than 3 mins. If she'd bother to check my chart she'd know I have sleep apnea n shouldn't take that pill
in Atlanta, GA |
Since being diagnosed with diabetes June of 2015, I sought a Primary Care Physician. My sister suggested Dr. Walker and I have been under her care ever since. My diabetes is now well under control due to her suggestions for a life-long way of eating...Reducing and or eliminating as many sweets & carbs from my diet as possible. I went from an A1C reading of 6.9 to under 5. I have lost a tremendous amount of weight, and I feel better than I have in 30yrs. I highly recommend her and her practice.
in Atlanta, GA |
Poor front end processes. Office seemed unsanitary in general and cluttered. Dr Walker appeared to be rushing the exam and not attentive. Billed $150 for an office visit that should have been much lower based on contracted insurance rate.
in Decatur, GA |
The wait time is awful. The front end don't know what they are doing and when you finally go back to the examing room you are in there from one and a half to two hours and no one comes to let you know what's happening. They just put you in the room and forget about you. They also just file your lab results when they come in and never notify you whether good or bad. I will never go back to that office, if I want to live. Good luck to anybody that wants to go. But I want to live.
Alpharetta, GA |
The conditions of the office are unclean. The wait time was over 2.5 hours. The worst part about this experience is the dr prescribed a medication I indicated I was allergic to. I called the next day to ask why I was put on it and they admitted they didn't know. Complete negligence! I could have died :(
Have you seen Dr. Maria Walker, MD?
Are you Dr. Walker?