Dr. Maria Walker, MD

Dr. Maria Walker, MD

Internal Medicine | Female | 59 years old

Dr. Walker specializes in Internal Medicine and practices in Decatur, GA. She practices at 2 locations.

Are you Dr. Walker? Add your own statement here.

Dr. Walker's Experience

See how Dr. Walker's experience matches your preferences.

Visiting Dr. Walker

Dr. Walker accepts 7 insurance carriers

Check out the quality of care at the 2 hospitals where Dr. Walker has admitting privileges.

Hospital Quality Awards

Experience with Dr. Walker
Dr. Walker's Office & Staff
    31 – 45 minutes (29)
Atlanta, GA |
The waiting time to see Dr. Walker is beyond unacceptable! Be prepared to wait 4(+) hours if your a scheduled patient or walk in. The standard script for the long wait is, "she's on her way." I was patient for nearly 15 years and this has ALWAYS been an issue. The entire office needs to be renovated as it old and outdated and the upholstered seating is musty (been in there for years). Constant staff changes with the exception on the triage nurse, Annie. I do not recommend Dr. Maria Walker.
in Riverdale, GA |
Dr Walker is very slow she has her patients come in at 8:30 am and she doesn't start until 10am, she allows her patients to belittle and talk to her staff any type of way. The office is unclean, raggedy and out dated. Her wait time is ridiculous, i was there 3.5 hours and still had not been seen. I witnessed a lady talking to the girl behind the desk as if she was crap at the bottom of her shoe. I do not recommend this office to anyone...its like a free clinic where no one cares!!!
Stone Mountain, GA |
Like most of the reviews says the wait time is ridiculous- 2 hrs in the exam room. When Dr Walker finally came in she didn't do a physical or listened to me. I've been extremely depressed n thought talking to my Dr would help some how. She ask me why I came in, as soon as I said I haven't been sleeping she wrote a script for sleeping pills stood up n showed me to the lab for blood work. Less than 3 mins. If she'd bother to check my chart she'd know I have sleep apnea n shouldn't take that pill
in Atlanta, GA |
Since being diagnosed with diabetes June of 2015, I sought a Primary Care Physician. My sister suggested Dr. Walker and I have been under her care ever since. My diabetes is now well under control due to her suggestions for a life-long way of eating...Reducing and or eliminating as many sweets & carbs from my diet as possible. I went from an A1C reading of 6.9 to under 5. I have lost a tremendous amount of weight, and I feel better than I have in 30yrs. I highly recommend her and her practice.
in Atlanta, GA |
Poor front end processes. Office seemed unsanitary in general and cluttered. Dr Walker appeared to be rushing the exam and not attentive. Billed $150 for an office visit that should have been much lower based on contracted insurance rate.
in Decatur, GA |
The wait time is awful. The front end don't know what they are doing and when you finally go back to the examing room you are in there from one and a half to two hours and no one comes to let you know what's happening. They just put you in the room and forget about you. They also just file your lab results when they come in and never notify you whether good or bad. I will never go back to that office, if I want to live. Good luck to anybody that wants to go. But I want to live.
Alpharetta, GA |
The conditions of the office are unclean. The wait time was over 2.5 hours. The worst part about this experience is the dr prescribed a medication I indicated I was allergic to. I called the next day to ask why I was put on it and they admitted they didn't know. Complete negligence! I could have died :(
Have you seen Dr. Maria Walker, MD?
Are you Dr. Walker?

Compare Dr. Walker

Dr. Walker's experience matches your search based on the following criteria:

•  Specializes in Internal Medicine
  •  Board certified in Internal Medicine

Dr. Walker has no media or publications listed.

No malpractice history found for Georgia.

Why It Matters: Dr. Walker's Board Certifications

Dr. Walker does not have any conditions listed. If you are Dr. Walker and would like to add conditions you treat, please update your free profile.

Harvard Medical School

Graduated in 1982

Grady Memorial Hospital

Completed in 1983

Georgia Baptist Hospital

Completed in 1995

Dr. Walker does not have any memberships or affiliations listed. If you are Dr. Walker and would like to add memberships or affiliations, please update your free profile.

Dr. Walker does not have any procedures listed. If you are Dr. Walker and would like to add procedures you perform, please update your free profile.

You've got options

We're finding other great Providers for you to consider.