Dr. Maria Sunseri, MD

Sleep Medicine ·  Female · Age 58

Dr. Sunseri

Maria J. Sunseri, M.D. L.L.C. Practice of Sleep Medicine

4815 Liberty Ave Ste M02 Pittsburgh, PA 15224

Dr. Maria Sunseri, MD is a sleep medicine specialist in Pittsburgh, PA and has been practicing for 27 years. She graduated from University Of Pittsburgh / Main Campus in 1987 and specializes in sleep medicine, clinical neurophysiology, and more.

Dr. Sunseri accepts

(412) 781-2023

Dr. Sunseri accepts the following insurance:

Commercial Insurance Company
Coventry Health Care
Group Plan PPO
Highmark Blue Cross Blue Shield
Classic Blue
Medical Mutual of Ohio
UPMC Health Plan

Healthgrades does not collect malpractice claims information for Pennsylvania

Check if Dr. Sunseri treats your condition or procedure

• Secondary Insomnia
  • Sleep Disorders
  • Sleep-Talking
  • Sleep-Walking

I have a practice of treating all types of Sleep Disorders, from sleep apnea to narcolepsy, insomnia and unusual behaviors that occur during sleep. I do my best to make patients feel educated as to their health and wellness and the best options for their care.

• Sleep Medicine
  • Clinical Neurophysiology
  • Sleep Medicine (Psychiatry & Neurology)

• Clinical Neurophysiology

2.8

Dr. Sunseri?
Dr. Sunseri's Performance
What People Say About Dr. Maria Sunseri, MD
This person has no business being a doctor. After telling me my diagnosis was wrong and symptoms were all in my head, it took me 3 YEARS to get another doctor to listen to me again. Turns out the diagnosis she told me was wrong had been right all along. I lost 3 years of my life because she wouldn’t take me seriously and had my drivers license pulled after seeing another doctor for a second opinion. Stay far, far away if you actually want to get better and not just berated and gaslit.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Maria Sunseri, MD?
This person should not be a physician...a heartless dictator, perhaps... When her treatment was not working & tests proved her wrong, I heard more about any slight weight gain than sleep health, and I wanted to try some different treatments, she surreptitiously had my drivers license revoked without any prior warning or discussion with me as to why or how I could cope! What kind if person, let alone a doctor, does that? My apnea is almost gone w/new doctor + no CPAP.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Maria Sunseri, MD?
more concerned with weight than sleep medicine, if you try to go to a different doctor she takes your drivers license.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Maria Sunseri, MD?
Didn't even get to schedule an appointment. They want you to do all of the leg work and track down all of your medical records, bloodwork, xrays, labs, scans, sleep studies etc. to have them sent there before they will even schedule an appointment. I am out of the counntry most of the time for work and cant afford to be on the phone all of that time. Tried to explain this to Amanda, their receptionist and she hung up on me.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Maria Sunseri, MD?
Dr. Sunseri takes time for her patients during office visits, yet the wait time is not long. That's because her appointments are obviously scheduled far enough apart for her to do so. She is very caring and thorough. She makes you feel like you are her only patient, getting to know you, and not rushing you. Dr. Sunseri returns calls promptly, even when she is vacationing out of the country. Her staff is wonderful as well. They are very friendly and helpful. They, too, return calls promptly.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Maria Sunseri, MD?
Dr. Sunseri does not listen to her patients and does not take the patients feelings seriously. She called me at home and berated me for 30 minutes, insisting that if I did not take her medical advice I would die. When I decided that the treatment she recommended was not something I could do and asked for other options she made my life very difficult.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Maria Sunseri, MD?
She diagnosed what 5 other specialists failed to diagnose. She is kind, compassionate, and knowledgeable beyond all expectations. She improved my quality of life greatly & cares about my well being. She is a blessing to me, her patients, and the medical community.
Awful! Condescending, unethical
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Maria Sunseri, MD?
After my neurologist retired, I spent the next 2 years at an office that would not listen to me. They kept me on the same medications no matter what changed. I found this Dr. on a support group I belong to for my condition. This Dr. has done more for me in 3 months, than the other office done in 2 years. If the only complaint is a short wait time, I'll take it, knowing she spends the time needed to give her patients the care they deserve. I travel 2 hours from my house for her expertise.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Maria Sunseri, MD?

How was your experience with Dr. Sunseri?

Check the quality of care at hospitals where Dr. Sunseri treats patients.