Dr. Maria E. Samsonov, MD

Dr. Maria E. Samsonov, MD

Nephrology | Female | 46 years old

Caring, compassionate, and patient centric care.Read more

Dr. Samsonov's Experience

See how Dr. Samsonov's experience matches your preferences.

Visiting Dr. Samsonov

Dr. Samsonov accepts 16 insurance carriers

Check out the quality of care at the 1 hospitals where Dr. Samsonov has admitting privileges.

Hospital Quality Awards

Dr. Samsonov's Office & Staff
    Under 10 minutes (9)
Excellent!
in San Francisco, CA |
She is an excellent doctor, very personable and knowledgeable. She has helped keep my husband off dialysis for 2 years.
in San Francisco, CA |
Dr. Samsonov was an attending doctor for my aunt. I cannot express how satisfied my aunt and I have been with her services. Dr. Samsonov makes home visits, which is very rare. During her visits, she was never in a hurry, she listened carefully to all of my aunt's concerns and complaints, gave expert advice and always followed up. I would definitely recommend Dr. Samsonov to my friends and family. I wish there were more doctors like her.
in San Francisco, CA |
Dr. Samsonov is hands down the best primary care physician I have ever encountered. She is patient with any and all medical concerns, and not to mention, extremely intelligent! She goes above and beyond for her patients. She makes sure that anything she recommends (mediation or any testing) is cost-effective and follows up thoroughly. I absolutely trust all her medical decisions regarding my health and would recommend her willingly.
in San Francisco, CA |
Dr. Samsonov is the most caring and compassionate doctor I've ever known. She treated my dad, who was very sick for over a year. We needed authorizations for treatments and medications, and referrals to specialists. We needed to change medications several times during treatment. Maria always made sure we had what we needed. Maria's staff helped us arrange hospice home care and helped my mom fill out the paid family leave paperwork. We received a lot of help and attention from Dr. Samsonov.
in San Francisco, CA |
For 3+ years I have known Dr. Samsonov has been very attentive to the requests and inquiries, good listener, went though several options and found right medication that worked for me, always give good referrals to good specialists. I have developed trust based relations with his doctor and would recommend her to my friends.
in San Francisco |
I've had Maria Samsonov as my primary doctor for about a year and a half and I could not have been happier. I've had one emergency situation last year and I was able to see Maria the very next day. She immediately arranged for me to do a blood draw and to see two specialists. She prescribed me several medications that helped me recover. Her staff really took care of me and handled everything quickly.
in Clovis Ca |
Dr. SAMSONOV meticulously takes care of every aspect of my health. She orders tests to check my progress, reviews the results, gives me advice, and follows up with phone calls, texts and sends the results with explanations. When necessary, she sends me to specialists and makes sure I am OK. During office visits, Dr. SAMSONOV listens to me carefully and answers to my questions patiently, never rushes, and gives me a thorough checkup, and prescribes the necessary medication. Thanks Doctor.
in San Francisco, CA |
Warning! Though the doctor was pleasant, tests and shots were given without consulting me about fees and copays that I would incur. Even more importantly, the doctor was not willing to change meds when they weren't working for me. After 3 months of inadequate communication and feeling increasingly worse, I ended up seeing a specialist and was immediately prescribed a simpler (and less expensive!) medication that worked for me. Communication was terrible and required office visits (and copays)
Have you seen Dr. Maria E. Samsonov, MD?
Are you Dr. Samsonov?

Compare Dr. Samsonov

Dr. Samsonov's Care Philosophy

Caring, compassionate, and patient centric care.

Dr. Samsonov's experience matches your search based on the following criteria:

•  Specializes in Nephrology
  •  Board certified in Geriatric Medicine, Hospice Care and Palliative Medicine, Internal Medicine and Nephrology

Dr. Samsonov has no media or publications listed.

No malpractice history found for California.

Why It Matters: Dr. Samsonov's Board Certifications

• Hyperkalemia
  • Hypertensive Chronic Kidney Disease
  • Hypertensive Heart and Chronic Kidney Disease
  • Hypokalemia
  • Hypotension (Excluding Maternal)
  • Iron Metabolism Disorders

UNIVERSITY OF PITTSBURGH SCHOOL OF MEDICINE

Graduated in 1998

University Pittsburgh

• Russian

Dr. Samsonov does not have any memberships or affiliations listed. If you are Dr. Samsonov and would like to add memberships or affiliations, please update your free profile.

• Nephrology
  • Geriatric Medicine
  • Hospice & Palliative Medicine

• Hemodialysis
  • Peritoneal Dialysis

You've got options

We're finding other great Providers for you to consider.