Dr. Maria Lee, MD

Internal Medicine | Female

Living At Home Medical, PC 7105 3rd Ave Brooklyn, NY 11209 Get Directions
Dr. Maria Lee, MD
Dr. Lee has been making house calls to frail homebound elders since 1995. She is passionate about providing culturally sensitive home-based geriatrics and palliative care. Dr. Lee wishes to improve home based primary care for under-served chronically ill and older monolingual immigrant Chinese Americans. This practice is a HOUSE CALLS ONLY practice. She and her Nurse Practitioner make routine and urgent visits in selected areas of lower Manhattan and lower Brooklyn (specific zip codes). Each patient is seen regularly every 2-4 months. Dr. Lee is available 24 x 7 to answer urgent calls. Urgent visits are made on an as needed basis. When a patient is hospitalized, Dr Lee communicates with the hospital staff for a smooth transition back home. The office address is our mailing address.

Dr. Lee's Care Philosophy

Dr. Lee believes that the best care for a patient with complex needs is done in the home using a multidisciplinary team approach. She communicates regularly with a patient's "Team" . Team members vary with each patient and may include family members, paid caregivers, specialists, visiting nurses, visiting PT, visiting OT, visiting Speech Therapists, mental health providers, and home visiting hospice staff.

Dr. Lee's Experience

See how Dr. Lee's experience matches your preferences.

Visiting Dr. Lee

Dr. Lee is now accepting new patients

Check out the quality of care at the 1 hospitals where Dr. Lee has admitting privileges.

Dr. Lee's Reviews

Likelihood of recommending Dr. Lee to family and friends
Dr. Lee Says:

Excerpts of feedback received:

"I would highly recommend Doctor Lee. I am so lucky and thankful to have found her as a doctor for my parents. She is an extremely good doctor and takes care of everything efficiently. I live in NJ and my parents live in NY & I made the right decision."

Dr. Lee's Performance
in Kew Garden Hills, NY |
It was a blessing to find Dr. Maria Lee - a compassionate doctor who speaks English, Cantonese and Mandarin Chinese, and makes house calls. The way she made time for my mother, the level of attention and dedication cannot be expressed in words. Thanks to her, I was able to get a home health aide for mom, still work and be with my family. She's relatable, easy to talk to, and takes the time to explain what can be difficult choices to make. My family and I will forever be grateful to Dr. Lee.
in Flushing, NY |
Living alone in Chinatown in New York City in a walk-up apartment was not easy for my Mom. She had kyphosis, severe arthritis and heart problem. For years Dr. Lee was my Mom's physician. She did regular home visits and whenever Mom was sick. I didn't have to worry about my Mom getting to see a physician. Dr. Lee speaks Chinese and understands the Chinese culture. It made it easy for my Mom to follow the instructions. Under Dr. Lee's care, my Mom was able to live at the comfort of her home.
Manhattan, NY |
Not only is Dr. Maria Lee an exceptional physician, she is also a wonderful person. She always goes above and beyond to advocate for her patients. My parents have been under Dr. Lee's care for the last three years, and our family is so grateful for her kindness, patience, time, and outstanding medical care. I highly recommend Dr. Lee as a primary care physician.
in New York, NY |
I highly recommend Dr. Lee who was patient and she spent lots of time with my father and mother. I am at peace when I know my parents are in good care of a doctor who listens, pays attention to details, suggests alternatives to treatment plans, and would reply fast under the Clara Medical Response System.
Have you seen Dr. Maria Lee, MD?
Are you Dr. Lee?

Compare Dr. Lee

Dr. Lee says...

This practice is a HOUSE CALLS ONLY practice. She and her Nurse Practitioner make routine and urgent visits in selected areas of lower Manhattan and lower Brooklyn (specific zip codes). Each patient is seen regularly every 2-4 months. Dr. Lee is available 24 x 7 to answer urgent calls. Urgent visits are made on an as needed basis. When a patient is hospitalized, Dr Lee communicates with the hospital staff for a smooth transition back home.

The office address is our mailing address.

Dr. Lee's Care Philosophy

Dr. Lee believes that the best care for a patient with complex needs is done in the home using a multidisciplinary team approach. She communicates regularly with a patient's "Team" . Team members vary with each patient and may include family members, paid caregivers, specialists, visiting nurses, visiting PT, visiting OT, visiting Speech Therapists, mental health providers, and home visiting hospice staff.

Dr. Lee says...

Dr Lee provides personalized care based on the wishes and goals of the patient and family member.

Dr. Lee says...

The following can be ordered from outside agencies and done in the home setting:

Chest X-ray and other X-rays in the home

EKG, Echocardiogram, Venous Doppler, Holter

Laboratory tests - blood, urine, stool

Excerpts of feedback received:

"Dr. Lee is one of the best primary care doctors I've known thus far. She is a very thorough and considerate doctor. I would highly recommend her."

"I am in another state from where my mom is located so I am very happy to be able to communicate with Dr. Maria Lee via cell phone and email. We have been able to stay on top of any concern this way. She is very easy to talk to, I am very happy with her."

"Dr. Lee has been our family doctor for many years. She took care of my mom's needs and currently makes visits to my brother's home. Dr. Lee is a very kind person who takes the time to explain her findings. I highly recommend her."

Dr. Lee's experience matches your search based on the following criteria:

•  Specializes in Internal Medicine
  •  Board certified in Internal Medicine

Dr. Lee has no media or publications listed.

No malpractice history found for New York.

Why It Matters: Dr. Lee's Board Certifications

• Alzheimer's Disease
  • Amyotrophic Lateral Sclerosis (ALS)
  • COPD (Chronic Obstructive Pulmonary Disease)
  • Chronic Pain
  • Congestive Heart Failure
  • Dementia
  • End-of-Life Issues
  • Hyperthyroidism
  • Hypothyroidism
  • Multiple Sclerosis (MS)
  • Parkinson's Disease

Completed in 1999

New York University

Graduated in 1988

• Chinese

Dr. Lee does not have any memberships or affiliations listed. If you are Dr. Lee and would like to add memberships or affiliations, please update your free profile.

• Hospice & Palliative Medicine