Dr. Maria Lee, MD

Dr. Maria Lee, MD

Internal Medicine  |
Dr. Lee has been making house calls to frail homebound elders since 1995. She is passionate about providing culturally sensitive home-based geriatrics and palliative care. Dr. Lee wishes to improve home based primary care for under-served chronically ill and older monolingual immigrant Chinese Americans. This practice is a HOUSE CALLS ONLY practice. She and her Nurse Practitioner make routine and urgent visits in selected areas of lower Manhattan and lower Brooklyn (specific zip codes). Each patient is seen regularly every 2-4 months. Dr. Lee is available 24 x 7 to answer urgent calls. Urgent visits are made on an as needed basis. When a patient is hospitalized, Dr Lee communicates with the hospital staff for a smooth transition back home. The office address is our mailing address.

7105 3rd Ave

Brooklyn, NY 11209

Learn about Dr. Lee

Dr. Lee's Experience

Dr. Lee's experience matches your search based on the following criteria:
  • Specializes in Internal Medicine
  • Board certified in Internal Medicine

This content was provided by Dr. Lee "Dr. Lee believes that the best care for a patient with complex needs is done in the home using a multidisciplinary team approach. She communicates regularly with a patient's "Team" . Team members vary with each patient and may include family members, paid caregivers, specialists, visiting nurses, visiting PT, visiting OT, visiting Speech Therapists, mental health providers, and home visiting hospice staff. "

• Hospice & Palliative Medicine

Accredited by: American Board of Internal Medicine*

• Alzheimer's Disease
  • Amyotrophic Lateral Sclerosis (ALS)
  • COPD (Chronic Obstructive Pulmonary Disease)
  • Chronic Pain
  • Congestive Heart Failure
  • Dementia
  • End-of-Life Issues
  • Hyperthyroidism
  • Hypothyroidism
  • Multiple Sclerosis (MS)
  • Parkinson's Disease
  • Stroke

• Vaccination

No malpractice history found for New York.

• New York University
    Undergraduate School | Graduated 1988
  • Univ Of Rochester Sch Of Med & Dentistry
    Medical School | Graduated 1995
    Internship Hospital | Completed 1996
    Residency Hospital | Completed 1998
    Fellowship Hospital | Completed 1999

Dr. Lee has no media or publications listed.

• Chinese

Dr. Lee does not have any memberships or affiliations listed. If you are Dr. Lee and would like to add memberships or affiliations, please update your profile.

Dr. Lee's Reviews

Likelihood of recommending Dr. Lee to family and friends
Dr. Lee Says:

Excerpts of feedback received:

"I would highly recommend Doctor Lee. I am so lucky and thankful to have found her as a doctor for my parents. She is an extremely good doctor and takes care of everything efficiently. I live in NJ and my parents live in NY & I made the right decision."

"Dr. Lee is one of the best primary care doctors I've known thus far. She is a very thorough and...

Dr. Lee's Performance
in Brooklyn, NY |
I am honestly grateful to have Dr.Lee as my grandmother's provider. She has great bed side manners and takes her precious time to explain situations to my grandmother. It is comforting to know that my grandma is in good hands with Dr. Lee. As a family member, I am grateful to have a reliable, diligent, caring and intelligent doctor to care for my love one.
in Kew Garden Hills, NY |
It was a blessing to find Dr. Maria Lee - a compassionate doctor who speaks English, Cantonese and Mandarin Chinese, and makes house calls. The way she made time for my mother, the level of attention and dedication cannot be expressed in words. Thanks to her, I was able to get a home health aide for mom, still work and be with my family. She's relatable, easy to talk to, and takes the time to explain what can be difficult choices to make. My family and I will forever be grateful to Dr. Lee.
in Flushing, NY |
Living alone in Chinatown in New York City in a walk-up apartment was not easy for my Mom. She had kyphosis, severe arthritis and heart problem. For years Dr. Lee was my Mom's physician. She did regular home visits and whenever Mom was sick. I didn't have to worry about my Mom getting to see a physician. Dr. Lee speaks Chinese and understands the Chinese culture. It made it easy for my Mom to follow the instructions. Under Dr. Lee's care, my Mom was able to live at the comfort of her home.
Manhattan, NY |
Not only is Dr. Maria Lee an exceptional physician, she is also a wonderful person. She always goes above and beyond to advocate for her patients. My parents have been under Dr. Lee's care for the last three years, and our family is so grateful for her kindness, patience, time, and outstanding medical care. I highly recommend Dr. Lee as a primary care physician.
in New York, NY |
I highly recommend Dr. Lee who was patient and she spent lots of time with my father and mother. I am at peace when I know my parents are in good care of a doctor who listens, pays attention to details, suggests alternatives to treatment plans, and would reply fast under the Clara Medical Response System.
Have you seen Dr. Maria Lee, MD?
Are you Dr. Lee?