Dr. Maria Dayaw, MD

Neurology ·  Female · Age 52

Dr. Dayaw

Greater Milford Neurology

327 West St Milford, MA 01757

Dr. Maria Dayaw, MD is a neurology specialist in Milford, MA and has been practicing for 26 years. She graduated from University Of The Philippines Manila, College Of Medicine in 1993 and specializes in neurology.

Dr. Dayaw accepts

Dr. Dayaw accepts the following insurance:

Pathway X Ind PPO Direct Access CT
National Elevator
Simplifi
Tufts Health Plan
Tufts PPO

No malpractice claims found for Massachusetts

Check Dr. Dayaw's experience treating your condition or procedure

Dr. Dayaw's Top Procedures and Conditions

Brain Disorders

Dr. Dayaw treats Brain Disorders more than 94% of her peers

Dr. Dayaw treats this condition more than 94% of her peers

Multiple Sclerosis (MS)

Dr. Dayaw treats Multiple Sclerosis (MS) more than 93% of her peers

Dr. Dayaw treats this condition more than 93% of her peers

Rating Includes other areas of care:

• Benign Multiple Sclerosis

• Hydrocephalus
  • Idiopathic Intracranial Hypertension
  • Inflammatory and Toxic Neuropathy
  • Meningiomas
  • Multiple Sclerosis (MS)
  • Myasthenia Gravis
  • Nerve Block, Somatic
  • Nerve Root Injury and Plexus Disorders (incl. Pinched Nerve)
  • Non-Cosmetic Chemodenervation
  • Normal Pressure Hydrocephalus
  • Parkinson's Disease
  • Polyneuropathy
  • Post-Concussion Syndrome
  • Progressive Supranuclear Palsy (PSP)
  • Restless Leg Syndrome
  • Temporal Arteritis
  • Tension Headache
  • Thrombosis
  • Tic Disorders
  • Transient Ischemic Attack (TIA)
  • Tremor

2.8

Dr. Dayaw?
Dr. Dayaw's Performance
What People Say About Dr. Maria Dayaw, MD
Just had my appointment with Dr. Dayaw, first the staff had me listed as a new patience? I've been with her since 2017. The computer system was down, first she wanted to know why I was there. Then I had to show her on my phone HER NOTES from our previous appointments. Completely disorganized and rude, no eye contact. Was ticked at me why she discharged me in September of 2018 with my stroke with still having numbness in my leg. I had to ask my RA doctor to get me an EMG. Need a new DR.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Maria Dayaw, MD?
Dr. Dayaw is an incredible expert in the MS field. It has been a life-saver going to family support meetings. She is passionate about helping her patients deal with dibilitating conditions and it is amazing to find a doctor with this kind of warmth.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Maria Dayaw, MD?
I told her I had been a NP for years. She had me walk back and forth twice but she never left her chair or never touched me but dictated a through neuro exam that never happened. Is this how medical professionals practice.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Maria Dayaw, MD?
I like Dr. Dayaw enough but her staff and the operation of the office is just terrible. You call and don't get an answer 99% of the time. Leaving messages is futile as no one calls you back. I would suggest going somewhere else.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Maria Dayaw, MD?
Assessed by 3 other Neurologists over 18 years of having MS, Dr. Dayaw is the most thorough. She is very direct (which I adore but most can't handle), kind, compassionate, and cares. Provides more detail than my past Neurologists. I was diagnosed by phone by one, treated for years by another, seen by another (on call). No other Neurologist had explored, nor advised, the wealth of information to me as a patient. Office support - great too. Nice generates nice...patients!
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Maria Dayaw, MD?
What can I say? Dr. Dayaw was caring and knowledgeable, the front desk girls Diane and Carol were very helpful!!
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Maria Dayaw, MD?
Dr Dayaw and staff at Hopedale Neurology should all be fired. They make patients and caregivers jump through hoops just to reach anyone on the telephone, let alone actually schedule an appointment. I've specifically requested appointments with Carol on their answering machine (because no one ever answers phone) and instead of calling back with an appointment, she just calls back creating a game of 'tag' while patient suffers.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Maria Dayaw, MD?
If I could give zero stars I would! This is the worst neurologist office/doctors office I have ever experienced in my life. They don’t return your calls even when you are telling them you are in excruciating pain and begging for help! Also, put me through withdrawals trying to take me off a medication. Told me to complete stop when everything you read says a slow wean! Save yourself the torture and humiliation!!
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Maria Dayaw, MD?
Dr. Dayaw is not a very professional doctor. Just spent 2 hours in her office to recieve injections and as she was leaving the exam room she hurriedly said she didn't have the medication for the injections. During the reveiw of the history on the case, she had somone elses file up and was asking me questions on stuff that was not done previously. When I questioned it, she said"Oh, that's not you". I am currently looking for a new neurolgist since she apparently does not care about the patients.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Maria Dayaw, MD?
Do not go here. Dr Dayaw had abnormal test results for over 3 weeks and did not call to inform us. When we came for the follow up she couldn't remember any of the medical history and had several key pieces wrong. She couldn't tell us what the results meant and was very wishy washy about the treatment plan. The office staff is also terrible and rude and no one ever answers the phone. They office is run down and there are signs literally everywhere so much so that you can't even see check in.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Maria Dayaw, MD?
Prescribed me a medication known to cause birth defects without warning me of the risks. There were plenty of other medications she could have prescribed instead. When I called the office asking for something else they were no help and I ended up in the ER
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Maria Dayaw, MD?
It was a mistake to come to this doctor. The doctor was ok, but the support staff is unresponsive and rude. The support person that was supposed to schedule an MRI immediately, has still not contacted me after 3 weeks and numerous phone calls. In pain every day, why would a good doctor put up with this? Why do they think voicemail is the way to handle patient phone calls?
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Maria Dayaw, MD?
I love Dr.Daway! she’s very thorough and really listens to me and my concerns with my migraines. She has been very proactive in helping me find the right treatment. I didn’t know there were so many kinds of treatments available to migraine sufferers. I recommend every migraine sufferer gets themselves a neurologist and if you can I recommend you use Dr. Dayaw!
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Maria Dayaw, MD?
She has a HUGE EGO which would be tolerable if she was a good doctor. She treats people as though she knows your body better than you do. She focuses her concentration on typing into her computer ( innaccuraly repeating back 95% of the info you JUST gave her!) and doesn't make eye contact. She doesn't listen to her patients & judging by her transparent conduct, really doesn't care either. Dr. Maria Dayaw is a tremendous waste of time, effort, money & frustration.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Maria Dayaw, MD?
Knows what she's doing, I really think she is the most qualified and capable doctor I have met. That being said, she can be quite abrasive when speaking to patients, especially when she has to explain something more than once.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Maria Dayaw, MD?
She is a very caring and trusting doctor. She takes the time with her patients.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Maria Dayaw, MD?

How was your experience with Dr. Dayaw?

Check the quality of care at hospitals where Dr. Dayaw treats patients.

Compare Providers