Dr. Maria Canizares, MD

Dr. Maria Canizares, MD

Dermatology  |
Dr. Maria Canizares, MD is a dermatology doctor who practices in Lake Saint Louis, MO. She is 45 years old and has been practicing for 16 years.

300 Medical Plz Ste 210

Lake Saint Louis, MO 63367

• American Enterprise Group
  • American Republic
  • Benesys
  • CHAMPVA

Learn about Dr. Canizares

See how frequently Dr. Canizares performs your care needs compared to other doctors.

Rash
Benign Tumor
Moles (Benign Skin Lesions)

Dr. Canizares's percentages are based on the rate of treatment compared to peers nationwide from insurance data. Learn more info about our data and this Top Care Areas component.

• Dermatology

• Dermatology
    Accredited by: American Board of Dermatology*

• Acne
  • Actinic Keratosis
  • Allergic Reaction
  • Athlete's Foot
  • Atopic Dermatitis (Eczema)
  • Basal Cell Carcinoma
  • Keloid Scar
  • Leg and Foot Ulcers
  • Lichen Planus
  • Melanoma
  • Moles (Benign Skin Lesions)
  • Molluscum Contagiosum Infection

• Destruction of Benign Skin Lesion
  • Destruction of Malignant Skin Lesion
  • Excision of Skin Cancer
  • Skin Tag Removal

Healthgrades does not collect malpractice information for Missouri.

• Saint Louis University School Of Medicine
    Medical School | Graduated 2001
  • St. Mary's Health Center
    Internship Hospital | Completed 2002
  • Barnes Jewish Hospital/Washington University
    Residency Hospital | Completed 2007

Dr. Canizares has no media or publications listed.

Dr. Canizares does not have any memberships or affiliations listed. If you are Dr. Canizares and would like to add memberships or affiliations, please update your profile.

Dr. Canizares' Reviews

Likelihood of recommending Dr. Canizares to family and friends
2.4
Dr. Canizares' Performance
    FAIR
    FAIR
OFallon, MO |
Where do I even begin... I have been seeing Dr. Canizares every 2-4 weeks for a year now. I’m very familiar with the office and how they act on a regular basis. 1. You will never get into your appointment on time. They’re always at minimum 15 mins late. 2. You’ll get into the room to sit down and about 2-3 ignorant female nurses will come in and ask you the same questions several times. 3. Dr. C will finally walk in and spend about 5 minutes with you, say what she needs to say and run off.
New York, NY |
I have been trying for 4 days to call their office to make an appointment and ask about my bill. Not once has anyone answered the phone, and their voicemail message does not say their business hours. They do return my calls, but I keep missing it and playing voicemail tag. When I try to call again NO ONE ANSWERS. I'll make an appointment elsewhere.
Lake St. Louis, MO |
Had to pay $75 up front for a four-minute consultation. She came in to the exam room with a pamphlet about my condition before ever examining me! Doctor is nice enough but seemed to back out of the room as soon as she entered. I won't be going back.
Wentzville, MO |
Terrible visit. She acted like a energizer bunny she was so concerned about how fast she could get to her next patient that she didn't sit to listen and act like she cared. Worthless to call them they send you straight to voicemail also. I beg you if you are reading this do not go there it won't be worth the $75 up front
in St. Louis, MO |
Dr Canizares was spot on with her analysis of what was wrong with me. She took care of the problem that no other doctor figured out. Staff was awesome! 100% recommended to anyone needing a dermatologist.
O'Fallon, MO |
Absolute zero concern for patients, and this is evident from the first moment you call the office. More concerned with billing as many patients as possible. 1) Try calling the office...you will NEVER get an answer. NEVER. Furthermore, the voicemail is more than 6 months old...they're still talking about Thanksgiving 2016 holiday hours. 2) Office visit...45 minute wait each time. This is surprising because... 3) ...once in the treatment room, the doctor was in and out. Wrong diagnosis.
Lake Saint Louis, MO |
I wish I could rate her zero stars. I went in with contact dermatitis, and was diagnosed with severe acne, which she prescribed acutane for. Went to see another doctor who said "you're allergic to your toothpaste". Changed toothpaste, and it cleared immediately. She had me in not only acutane, but a cream, which scarred my face, and an antibiotic just so she can make money. When I went back for a follow-up, she was offended and I sister that I had acne. I've never had pimples, much less acne.
in Santa Monica, CA |
Smart Dr. Highly recommended
O'Fallon, Mo |
Dr. Canizares is outstanding! She and her staff are pleasant and knowledgeable. I have found her staff to be very respectful and patient centric focused. Dr. Canizares takes the time to discuss any questions or concerns about your issue. I would highly recommend Dr. Canizares to anyone who wants to deal with a real professional!
in St Peters, MO |
My husband was a patient of Dr. Canizares. We were treated very rudely and charged a "no show" fee for missing an appointment that he called to cancel. He called outside the 24 hour window, following their policy and being considerate to the office and other patients. They still insisted on charging us $25. This office has NO focus on patient care/customer service an professionalism. Do not consider this place, it will only cause you a headache in the end.
in O Fallon, MO |
I needed to request my records from this doctor to send to a dermatologist closer to my home. Dr. Canizares then sent me a "certified letter" telling me that because I requested my records, our doctor-patient relationship was now terminated forever and I can no longer see her after 30 days of receiving the letter. Very rude and unprofessional. I would also like to note a few more things: she does not spend time with patients, office staff are rude and unorganized, the wait is about an hour
Lake St Lous MO |
The Dr. does a great job of diagnosis and treatment. She cares about you while you are on the table allowing her to make money from your visit. She runs a tight staff who are constantly in and out of the room while you are waiting. They do care for your privacy. Everyone is in a rush the entire time you are there. That's so she can see over 100 patients in a day. They rush, rush rush to get you taken care of and on to the next. Wait time can be long as well.
in Foristell, MO |
You will encounter 2-3 rude nurses while you wait for 45 minutes for a pre scheduled appointment (which you cannot cancel less than one business day in advance). Then the doctor spends 2, that's right TWO minutes with you, doesn't ask what has been going on or for how long; takes a look at your face and prescribes you FOUR medications. You go to pick it up and the total is $130. Try it for a month and things get worse. Call to find out the issue and the nurses hang up on you... Will NOT be back.
in Wright City, MO |
I have been going to Dr Canizares for years. I had 3 melanomas I really believe she saved my life. One of my moles that she was concerned about came back benign and she sent it to another lab and it was melanoma.
in O'Fallon, IL |
Dr. Canizares could immediately tell what I had. She explained it in detail and gave me several options for treatment. She listened to my concerns and took care of me. I would recommend my family and friends to her.
I brought my 9 year old son to Dr. Canizares. He had to have moles removed and was terrified and hysterically crying, Dr. Canizares and her staff were so calm with my son. Dr. Canizares was able to help my son understand what was going to happen and how he wouldn't feel a thing. She took all the anxiety away that he had about the procedure. I can not thank Dr. Canizares and her staff for such amazing bed side manor and helping my son.
St Louis, MO |
Seen her 3 times, always late, even twice when I had first appt in the am. Talks fast, works fast, which is not necessarily bad but just did not feel like she had my best interest in mind. Seemed like she was trying to see as many patients in the day as possible.
in Saint Charles, MO |
I've seen Dr. Canizares twice, once for an overall checkup and once for a specific condition. Both she and her staff are professional and courteous. They limit appointments to one issue and work very quickly, so it can seem abrupt. But they are highly efficient and clearly know what they're doing. You get in and out quickly, and they address your problems thoroughly.
in Saint Peters MO |
Very helpful and informative. Her staff is AWESOME as well......
Have you seen Dr. Maria Canizares, MD?
Are you Dr. Canizares?