Family Medicine  |
Dr. Maria Bennett, MD
Dr. Maria Bennett, MD is a family medicine doctor who practices in Hoover, AL. She is 51 years old and has been practicing for 23 years. Dr. Bennett is affiliated with Princeton Baptist Medical Center.

5295 Preserve Pkwy Ste 210

Hoover, AL 35244

• Blue Cross Blue Shield of California

Learn about Dr. Bennett

Dr. Bennett's Experience

Dr. Bennett's experience matches your search based on the following criteria:
  • Specializes in Family Medicine
  • Board certified in Family Practice

• Family Practice
    Accredited by: American Board of Family Medicine*

Healthgrades does not collect malpractice information for Alabama.

• University Of South Alabama / College Of Medicine
    Medical School | Graduated 1994
  • University South Ala
    Internship Hospital | Completed 1995
  • Univ Of South Alabama Medical Center
    Residency Hospital | Completed 1997

Dr. Bennett has no media or publications listed.

Dr. Bennett does not have any memberships or affiliations listed. If you are Dr. Bennett and would like to add memberships or affiliations, please update your profile.

Dr. Bennett's Reviews

Likelihood of recommending Dr. Bennett to family and friends
3.8
Dr. Bennett's Performance
Bessemer, AL |
I was told by a friend to see Dr. Maria Bennett when moving back to Birmingham. I am very happy with Dr. Bennett. I see complaints about wait times and people saying that she gives you "more than 5 minutes" and sometimes you have to wait for someone he doesn't rush patients through on a timer - The time she spends with me seems focused and attentive to my needs and I have never felt rushed, so I can address all my questions and take better care of my help, with Maria Bennett's help!
Dr. Bennett listens to her patients concerns and takes the time to help provide the best care for them. She is whatever time I have to wait! She has been my doctor for 10 years. The staff at her facility is the best! I have also seen her nurse practitioner and she is wonderful. The staff in the whole office are helpful, great at their jobs and very friendly! Hoover has the best primary care providers all under one rooftop!
in Birmingham, AL |
I would definitely recommend Dr. Bennett to my family and friends. She is thorough, spends enough time with me to hear my concerns and answer my questions, and has been instrumental in pulling together information from my various specialists into a clear, whole picture of my health status. I've been happy with the additional specialists to whom she has referred me. She's easy to get in to see, personable, and knowledgeable.
in Birmingham, AL |
Love the attention to detail & visit without five minute limits
Birmingham, AL |
I've seen Dr. Bennett 3 times. Wait time for each visit AT LEAST 2 hrs. When she finally comes into room she is unprepared. Her male assistant is rude & uncommunicative. No one updates patient or seems to know why it is taking hours to see the dr. The office mgr (Melissa Meadows) never got back to me about changing drs (you have to have their "permission" to do so). Mgmt clearly also unconcerned with customer service. Don't bother coming here unless you have no life & can wait all day
Birmingham, AL |
poor service, poor office staff, poor patient service. Patients are nothing more than a dollar sign ,no commitment to helping a patient feel better.
in Birmingham, AL |
While I like dr bennett, she is always, and I mean always, running behind. I don't mean 15 to 20 minutes. We're talking a soldi hour and a half to 2 hours. Shes always overbooked. Chances are that I will be changing drs. If all I need is a prescription reauthorization, I don't expect to be waiting that long.
Birmingham, AL |
I believe the information they provide to patients is incorrect. They also do not seem concerned with your opinion or concerns as the patient. I asked for an appointment and was told there was nothing they could do for me and they cancelled my appointment. Come to find out, the reason they were using as to why they couldn't help me was wrong as confirmed by the Emergency Room. I sure felt like they just didn't want to see me. I will be finding a new doctor.
in Bessemer, AL |
I personally love her. But she ignores my refill requests or sends just one through if I have multiples. And the wait time is awful. I have left at 5:15 before because she had not seen me and they were shutting the building down. Plus I think she isn't very interested in my health. The exams, for me are short and not thorough. I don't pill shop nor am I a hypochondriac!
in Hueytown AL |
I have been seeing Dr Bennett for 12 years and she has always given me and my family great health care.
in Bessemer, AL |
Dr Bennett seems to be a very caring physician. Unfortunately she also seems to be overwhelmed and was not able to communicate clearly or take the time with me on my last visit as to why she was ordering specific tests. Back office also has been inefficient in sending records as needed to specialists and not making referrals as Dr requests.
Have you seen Dr. Maria Bennett, MD?
Are you Dr. Bennett?