Dr. Maria Al-Basha, MD

Dr. Maria Al-Basha, MD

Dermatology  |
Dr. Maria Al-Basha, MD is a dermatology doctor who practices in Rockford, IL. She is 58 years old and has been practicing for 32 years. Dr. Al-Basha is affiliated with Osf Saint Anthony Medical Center and SwedishAmerican Hospital.

1639 N Alpine Rd Ste 360

Rockford, IL 61107

Learn about Dr. Al-Basha

See how frequently Dr. Al-Basha performs your care needs compared to other doctors.

Intertrigo
Ringworm
Hair Loss

Dr. Al-Basha's percentages are based on the rate of treatment compared to peers nationwide from insurance data. Learn more info about our data and this Top Care Areas component.

• Dermatology

• Dermatology
    Accredited by: American Board of Dermatology*

• Acne
  • Actinic Keratosis
  • Allergic Reaction
  • Athlete's Foot
  • Atopic Dermatitis (Eczema)
  • Basal Cell Carcinoma
  • Leg and Foot Ulcers
  • Lichen Planus
  • Lipomas
  • Melanoma
  • Moles (Benign Skin Lesions)
  • Pemphigoid

• Destruction of Malignant Skin Lesion
  • Excision of Skin Cancer
  • Shaving of Skin Lesion
  • Skin Tag Removal

No malpractice history found for Illinois.

• Univ Of Mo Columbia Sch Of Med
    Medical School | Graduated 1985
  • U Mo
    Internship Hospital | Completed 1986
  • U Mo
    Residency Hospital | Completed 1989

Dr. Al-Basha has no media or publications listed.

Dr. Al-Basha does not have any memberships or affiliations listed. If you are Dr. Al-Basha and would like to add memberships or affiliations, please update your profile.

Dr. Al-Basha's Reviews

Likelihood of recommending Dr. Al-Basha to family and friends
2.8
Dr. Al-Basha's Performance
Rockford |
Spent 5 minutes with me and hardly even made eye contact once. Stares at her computer the entire time with her back towards you. Would not recommend to anyone.
in Rockford, IL |
Extremely knowledgeable, experienced and very polite doctor. Stays informed on latest in skin treatments. Very accommodating with appointment times and her staff as well. Love going to see her. Also helped with my teenagers skin problems tremendously.
in Rockford, IL |
I will never go to her again. She literally spent 4 minutes with me tops after waiting for 45 minutes, told me there was nothing she could do which cost me $149.00. I left 2 voice messages after my visit with the ER to ask if she would kindly offer any kind of discount since I don't have insurance. No one ever called me back. I was left with the feeling that all she cares about is the money. I should have listened to my brother when he warned me not to see her due to his past history with her.
in Chicago, IL |
Dr. Al-Basha is an incredible doctor. She explains things in a fashion that is easily understood and goes over every possible option for you. She's also very compassionate and helpful.
Pecatonica, IL |
I left work for my scheduled appointment and had to use PTO time. I sat in the waiting room for well over an hour past my scheduled time. I went to the front desk and explained that I would need to leave to return to work. The staff member replied flippantly, "Well, you're next." She never apologized for the wait. She never informed me of how much longer the wait would be. I left and never went back.
Rockford, IL |
Waited about 45 minutes past my scheduled time. I didn't have anywhere to be but it would have been nice if the doctor told me they were sorry that I had to wait so long. When I finally was able to see the doctor, she seemed to be in a rush and said that one of my concerns (milia) would go away on it's own. Another doctor told me that she should have been able to tell that mine wasn't going away. Leaving the office, I saw the doctor rush out the elevator which confirmed she was rushing through
Milwaukee, WI |
The wait time was an hour and forty minutes, Dr Albasha and her MA sat at a counter with their backs to me all but 2 minutes of the visit and did nothing for my issue.
in Rockford, IL |
Dr. Al-Basha prescribed our daughter Tazorac for her skin tags. She never explained how to apply it, never printed out an instruction sheet. The sample did not list instruction on how to apply. We applied it, and the next morning my daughter had 2nd degree burns. We truly feel Dr. Al-Basha?s actions were negligent and improper, and this lack of interest amounts to malpractice. We?ve filed a complaint with the IL Dept. of Prof Reg. I just hope that no one else has to go through this!
Have you seen Dr. Maria Al-Basha, MD?
Are you Dr. Al-Basha?