Dermatology  |
Dr. Marguerite Germain, MD
Dr. Marguerite Germain is known for her passion and desire to help others. In addition to her medical training she has long since developed an eye for beauty. Inspired by years spent traveling, particularly in Italy, her artistic talent evolved into inspiring confidence in others through her practice. A board certified dermatologist and Mohs surgeon, Dr. Germain, provides exceptional service in clinical and cosmetic dermatology for patients from all over the East Coast. While her warm and caring demeanor wins over the heart of everyone she meets, it's her independent thinking, skilled precision and technologically savvy ways that make her the best at what she does. After graduating from Sweet Briar College in Virginia with a major in Italian Studies and a minor in Science, Art, Language and Music, Dr. Germain decided to live in Italy for a year. During this time, she worked for the UN Food and Agricultural Organization while perfecting her Italian and enjoying the architecture and art of Italy.A painter herself, Dr. Germain believes that dermatology is a true visual art. During her time in Italy, she discovered what she refers to as "the world's most beautiful faces," the study of which enables her to envision and achieve beautiful, natural, results for her patients.Upon her return to the U.S., Dr. Germain enrolled at the University of Maryland to continue her study of the sciences in order to qualify for medical school. She then attended the University of Maryland School of Medicine, receiving a Navy Medical Scholarship.During the following 4 years, her deep commitment to the study of medicine earned her an internship in general medicine at the Bethesda Naval Hospital (Bethesda, Maryland). Following her internship, she was selected for Flight school, Flight Surgery, Helicopter Pilot Training and Survival Tactics at Pensacola Naval Air Station (Pensacola, Florida).While completing her post-residency tour, the Navy sent Dr. Germain to San Diego, California for surgical training. Dr. Germain was subsequently assigned to the Dallas, Texas Naval Air Base to medically and surgically care for pilots and their families. She was then chosen by the Navy to fill 1 of only 4 coveted dermatology billets.After 3 years of dermatology training, given her choice of duty stations, Dr. Germain selected Charleston, South Carolina for station. After over 3 years of outstanding performance at the Charleston Naval Hospital, she decided to separate from the Navy and enter private practice. In July 2003, Dr. Germain moved into her own office in Mount Pleasant. Because of the amazing success and phenomenal growth of her practice, she has opened a larger, state-of-the-art facility in Mount Pleasant where she now practices with her hand picked, expert staff.Dr. Germain is a member of:• The International Society of Cosmetic and Laser Surgeons• The American Society of Cosmetic Dermatology & Aesthetic Surgery• American Society for Mohs Surgery• American Society for Laser Medicine and Surgery• American Society for Dermatologic SurgeryMembership in these organizations helps demonstrate her performance, experience, and commitment to providing the highest quality care to her patients. And her patients agree – in fact, the people of Charleston have voted her the Best Dermatologist every year since 2005 (an award from the Charleston City Paper). Dr. Germain has authored and published many research and scientific papers, which can be found in major dermatology journals. She has become a national and international educator for lasers, injectable fillers and BOTOX® Cosmetic. She is also a Board Certified Dermatologist and Mohs surgeon.

Germain Dermatology

• Group Health Cooperative
  • Health Net
  • HealthSmart
  • MagnaCare
  • Mail Handlers Benefit Plan (MHBP)
  • MedCost

Learn about Dr. Germain

Voted Charleston's Best Dermatologist consecutively for 12 years, board-certified dermatologist Dr. Marguerite Germain, MD, of Germain Dermatology uses cosmetic and medical dermatology, laser surgery and powerful combination treatment options to quickly and effectively help you see dramatic improvements in the appearance and health of your skin. Whether you're interested in CoolSculpting, laser hair removal, dermal fillers, Botox, Ultherapy, ThermiVa, acne treatment or other ways to refresh your look, she provides exceptional care with optimal results.

Dr. Germain's Experience

Dr. Germain's experience matches your search based on the following criteria:
  • Specializes in Dermatology

Accredited by: American Board of Dermatology*

• Acne
  • Actinic Keratosis
  • Adult Acne
  • Atopic Dermatitis (Eczema)
  • Basal Cell Carcinoma
  • Keratosis
  • Lipomas
  • Melanoma
  • Merkel Cell Carcinoma
  • Moles (Benign Skin Lesions)
  • Molluscum Contagiosum Infection

• Microdermabrasion
  • Mohs Surgery
  • Mole Removal
  • Non-Cosmetic Chemodenervation
  • Platelet-Rich Plasma Injection (PRP)
  • Radiesse® Injections
  • Skin Surgery
  • Skin Tag Removal
  • Ultherapy®
  • Wart Removal

Healthgrades does not collect malpractice information for South Carolina.

• Sweet Briar College
    Undergraduate School | Graduated
  • University of Maryland At Baltimore / Professional Schools
    Medical School | Graduated 1993
  • Bethesda Naval Hospital
    Internship Hospital | Completed 1994
  • Nat'l Capital Consortium
    Residency Hospital | Completed 2000

Dr. Germain has no media or publications listed.

• Italian

Dr. Germain does not have any memberships or affiliations listed. If you are Dr. Germain and would like to add memberships or affiliations, please update your profile.

Dr. Germain's Reviews

Likelihood of recommending Dr. Germain to family and friends
4.1
Dr. Germain's Performance
Charleston, SC |
Very thoughtful! Excellent experience. I love Dr. Germaine!
in My. Pleasant, SC |
Saw Dr. Roundtree today. She was timely, very pleasant and had a great bedside manner. I would highly recommend.
Charleston, SC |
Dr Germain is dedicated to providing excellent care and service to her patients. She is thorough in her medical exams and is an expert in the cosmetic field. I have personally experienced the deep compassion she demonstrates with her patients and her determination to find a resolution if possible. Her staff, like Katie who assisted me today, are friendly and helpful and strive to enhance the customer experience.
in Charleston, SC |
I've been taking my children to Germain Dermatology for 1 year and had to sit down and write a review on how friendly, knowledgeable, helpful, and professional the staff is there. It starts with the front-line girls Lauren, Emily, Hannah, Allie, & Kate. All are extremely polite and accommodating, and it blossoms from there with Michael & Louisa adding their experience/insight to help create the best possible skin care regimen. I highly recommend them for all your family's dermatological needs!
in Dorchester, SC |
Dr. Germain is a doctor who doesn't make you feel as if you are on an assembly line. She fit me in to her very busy schedule last minute and still took her time with me and answered all my questions. She was very honest, supportive, and thorough when explaining the process. She is a professional and has a naturally lovely personality. I would recommend Dr. Germain to everyone!
North Charleston, SC |
Dr. Germaine is a well versed compassionate dermatologist. I especially appreciate her understanding regarding all my medical concerns. She demonstrated to me a well balanced approach to the doctor patient relationship.
in Isle of Palms, SC |
Impressive commercial operation that quickly moved me from the medical side of practice (I initially came in for rosacea) to cosmetic side. After 2 years as a patient, I was casually given a tentative diagnosis for lupus, then sent home to wait 2 wks for test results. 2 wks later, told results not given over phone & had to make an appt. After month of tense waiting, told results were inconclusive but "probably lupus". When I complained about wait, was given my file and told to find another Dr!
in Mount Pleasant, sc |
outstanding!
Mount Pleasant, SC |
I love the products and services I just wish they would bring back the birthday coupons to show appreciation to their customers.
Orangeburg, SC |
I love being a patient of hers. However, I feel like I was unjustly charged for a service that I had prepaid for. I discussed this with the office staff, but was not satisfied with the result. I will get these treatments somewhere else in the future.
in Isle of Palms, SC |
Practice is divided medical / cosmetic side. After being a patient for nearly 2 yrs, Dr G casually told that a spot on my face was lupus. Tests would take 2 wks for results. 2 anxious wks later, I called and was told I needed an appt to get results, which meant another anxious 1 1/2 weeks of waiting. I waited an hour for this 5 minute appt, which I was also charged for. When I questioned why I couldn't have gotten the info over the phone, Dr G left the rm and had her nurse fire me as a patient
in Pawleys Island, SC |
Earlier this year, Dr. Germain found a spot on my left shoulder that needed to be removed. She scheduled an appointment for me to see Dr. Joe McGowan in her practice. Like Dr. Germain, I found Dr. McGowan very professional and thorough in his explanation as to the procedure he was going to perform on my back. Following my surgery, Dr. McGowan personally followed up with me regarding how I was doing, something that is rare these days. True professionals! Highly recommended.
in Charleston, SC |
I have been Dr G's patient for 9 years for medical and asethetic dermatology treatments. She is a knowledgeable, highly competent, caring practitioner, always puts her patients first and strives for results that leave you looking and feeling the best you can be. I especially appreciate that she emphasizes inner beauty and a less is more approach. I just received my annual cosmetic refreshment filler treatment and I am as pleased with the results as I have ever been!
in Mount Pleasant, SC |
I have been at patient of Dr Germain for the past five years and couldn't be happier with the service I receive. The staff is professional and friendly. Nic and Laureen in cosmetics go above and beyond to ensure you have a positive experience. Dr. Germain always has a smile and spends time with you to ensure your medical and cosmetic needs are met.
in Mt. Pleasant SC |
I had Voluma January 13th 2016 and I couldn't be more pleased!! Dr. Germain was gentle...never rushed...and treated my face as if it were her own! Excellent Results! I bought this Product at her 25% Off Everything Party this past November 2015. And thanks to Nicole for the after procedure Facial and Makeup application. ..Fabulous! Sherry H.
in LADSON |
I had my lips plumped,the first time for any cosmetic procedure and Dr Germain and her assistant put me totally at ease,explained every thing and I love the results! Would definitely go back for other things.Dr Germaine has an eye for making you look natural and not over done'
I saw her 10-11 years ago & still tell people to not waste their time going to her. I had to always wait on her. She didn't come into the room prepared. The final straw for me was when I was in the room waiting to be seen, I could hear her & a nurse in hall shooting the breeze for at least 10 mins before she came in to see me. It was my third appointment and when she came in it was like she had never seen me before. She didn't know why I was there or what we already tried to fix my problem.
in Mount Pleasant, SC |
Germain Dermatology provides exceptional service and quality care. I recently experienced a rash on my foot and was seen the same day I called for an appointment. I have seen Louisa Floyd several times and she is great. The other staff, Caitlyn, Casey, and Kate are friendly and professional.
Have you seen Dr. Marguerite Germain, MD?
Are you Dr. Germain?

Tricare
  • HealthSmart
    Tricare
  • MagnaCare
  • Mail Handlers Benefit Plan (MHBP)
  • MedCost