Dr. Margie Sweeney, MD

Family Medicine | Female

Dr. Margie Sweeney, MD
I have been a board-certified family physician for over 30 years and more recently have become interested in obesity medicine to help my patients with the challenges of ever-increasing obesity-related health conditions such as diabetes. It's been proven that treating the primary condition (overweight and obesity) will help improve overall health. It is estimated that over 50% of the U.S. population will be obese with a BMI over 30 by the year 2030 which means that obesity related conditions such as diabetes, hypertension, heart disease, and certain cancers will also be on the rise. Treating the primary conditions of overweight and obesity will help to reverse the trend and will also help to lower health care costs. Three days a week, I provide free health care to the uninsured in Osceola County, Florida as a primary care physician and medical director of our secondary care program where we help identify specialty needs and obtain the needed services for our patients. My other passion is helping the poorest of the poor which is why I started a non-profit charity, Helping Hands Healing Ministries, Inc. to serve the needs of those in developing countries. I am also a medical missionary, making several trips to Haiti each year. I look forward to working with you and your primary care physician to lower your risk of the co-morbidities associated with overweight and obesity.

Dr. Sweeney's Care Philosophy

I run a fee-for-service weight management clinic two days per week which includes medication and coaching as needed to help individuals reduce their weight and improve their health. My approach to health care is comprehensive. I assess by listening to my patients needs and concerns and to offer advice and solutions based on those needs and concerns in addition to their medical evaluation and health condition. I communicate my treatment plan with the primary care physician to optimize the results for patients needing weight management services.

Dr. Sweeney's Experience

See how Dr. Sweeney's experience matches your preferences.

Visiting Dr. Sweeney

Dr. Sweeney is now accepting new patients

Dr. Sweeney's Reviews

Help millions of people find the right doctor. Share your experience today!
    Are you Dr. Sweeney?

Dr. Sweeney says...

Dr. Sweeney's Care Philosophy

I run a fee-for-service weight management clinic two days per week which includes medication and coaching as needed to help individuals reduce their weight and improve their health. My approach to health care is comprehensive. I assess by listening to my patients needs and concerns and to offer advice and solutions based on those needs and concerns in addition to their medical evaluation and health condition. I communicate my treatment plan with the primary care physician to optimize the results for patients needing weight management services.

Dr. Sweeney's experience matches your search based on the following criteria:

•  Specializes in Family Medicine
    •  Board certified in Family Practice

Dr. Sweeney has no media or publications listed.

Why It Matters: Dr. Sweeney's Board Certifications

St Vincent Hospital and Health Services

Completed in 1986

Indiana University-Purdue University / Indianapolis

Graduated in 1978

Dr. Sweeney does not have any memberships or affiliations listed. If you are Dr. Sweeney and would like to add memberships or affiliations, please update your free profile.

• Obesity Medicine