Dr. Margo Shoup, MD

Dr. Margo Shoup, MD

Surgical Oncology  ·
Female  ·

Dr. Margo Shoup, MD is a surgical oncology specialist in Geneva, IL and has been practicing for 16 years. She specializes in surgical oncology and general surgery.Read her story

Northwestern Medicine Regional Medical Group

• HFN
  • LifeSynch

Learn about Dr. Shoup

Video

See how frequently Dr. Shoup performs your care needs compared to other doctors.

Soft Tissue Sarcoma
Esophageal Diseases
Cancer

Dr. Shoup's percentages are based on the rate of treatment compared to peers nationwide from insurance data. Learn more info about our data and this Top Care Areas component.

Dr. Shoup's bio

This content was provided by Dr. Shoup "I have a wonderful husband of 27 years and two grown children who understand and support my calling to medicine and surgery. The first ten years of my practice were in an academic setting at Loyola University. I moved to the community so that patients can receive academic quality care closer to their home in a compassionate and empathetic environment. There is no longer a need to travel a great distance with the stress of highway driving and high parking fees in order to get world class care. We have brought that care to you in the community. Studies have shown that having surgery closer to home is beneficial for a safer recovery. We have high volume cancer surgery without the hassle of a major city. "

This content was provided by Dr. Shoup "Having a diagnosis of cancer is life changing and frightening. I am fortunate to provide care with a compassionate team of experts who have dedicated their lives to saving others. We have the highest quality technology and team of expert physicians and nurses available and we treat every patient like we would want our loved ones to be treated. We have clinical trials, protons, personalized medicine and state of the art high volume surgery with superb reaults. My specialty is tumors of the GI tract and sarcomas."

• Surgical Oncology

• Colectomy
  • Colon and Rectal Surgery
  • Distal Pancreatectomy
  • Esophageal Surgery
  • Esophagectomy (Esophagogastrostomy, Esophagojejunostomy)
  • Excision of Stomach Tumor
  • Laparotomy
  • Liver Surgery
  • Lymph Node Biopsy or Excision
  • Open Tumor Ablation, Liver
  • Proctectomy, Open or Laparoscopic (incl. Swenson and Duhamel Procedures)
  • Sarcoma Removals
  • Splenectomy
  • Stomach Surgery
  • Tumor Ablation
  • Whipple Procedure

No malpractice history found for Illinois.

• University of Colorado, Colorado Springs
  • Memorial Sloan Kettering Cancer Center
    Fellowship Hospital | Completed 2002
  • Loyola University of Chicago / Stritch School of Medicine
    Internship Hospital | Completed

Dr. Shoup has no media or publications listed.

Dr. Shoup does not have any memberships or affiliations listed. If you are Dr. Shoup and would like to add memberships or affiliations, please update your profile.

Dr. Shoup's Reviews

Likelihood to recommend Dr. Shoup

4.5

Dr. Shoup?
Dr. Shoup's Performance
What People Say About Dr. Margo Shoup, MD
Dr Shoup is extremely professional, patient, understanding and she takes her time to explain everything to you step by step. Her staff is amazing too and always available for any questions or concerns you may have. I highly recommend Dr. Shoup.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Margo Shoup, MD?
Dr. Shoup saved my life 15 months ago; my mother and my paternal grandmother died of pancreatic cancer after only three months of illness many years ago. When I was diagnosed Dr. Shoup assured me that my relatives' stories were not MY story and then we swung into action and here I am, 15 months...Read More
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Margo Shoup, MD?
She is a very intelligent woman who is so caring, open and honest. She talks with you, not at you. She is so easy to talk with. I felt completely comfortable in her care. My cancer and surgery is no easy thing, and she was AMAZING!. I feel SO fortunate to have her as part of my treatment team....Read More
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Margo Shoup, MD?
Dr. Shoup is a wonder MD. She was my mother's surgeon and we owe her so much. She takes her time with us and is so knowledgeable. My mom wouldn't be here with us today if it wasn't for Dr. Shoup and her associates. I think she is just wonderful!
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Margo Shoup, MD?
Exceptional surgeon. Accepted my high risk surgery with an educated, professional confidence . I owe her the last nine years if my life.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Margo Shoup, MD?

How was your experience with Dr. Shoup?