Dr. Margaret Ravits, MD

Dr. Margaret Ravits, MD

Dermatology  |
29 reviews

• Amerihealth
  • Beech Street (Multiplan)
  • Devon Health
  • Health Net
  • MagnaCare
  • Oxford Health Plans
  • QualCare

We are committed to delivering the best care and an exceptional patient experience. We are devoted to providing services that are patient-centered and compassionate, and care for you as a personRead more

Dr. Ravits' Experience

See how Dr. Ravits' experience matches your preferences.

Visiting Dr. Ravits

Dr. Ravits accepts 12 insurance carriers

Check out the quality of care at the 2 hospitals where Dr. Ravits has admitting privileges.

Dr. Ravits' Reviews

Likelihood of recommending Dr. Ravits to family and friends
3.6
Dr. Ravits' Performance
I am extremely pleased with Dr. Ravitz. She gives out her cell number and can be reached any time, reminds me of how doctors used to be: caring, inquisitive and excellent diagnostician. I highly recommend her and completely disagree with the negative comments posted. While Dr. Ravitz runs a busy practice, I was never treated rudely or left to feel uncared for. Quite the contrary!!
in Fort Lee, NJ |
I brought my elderly friend, Lino Virdo, to see Dr. Ravits after years of disappointment with other doctors. I must say I couldn't be more pleased with Dr. Ravits, whose approach to clinical medicine is very sensible and carefully thought out. She took the time to take a skin biopsy rather than simply prescribe an ointment and send him out the door. She is a remarkable physician and a very kind, caring, conscientious person -- a true gift to the people in Bergen County, New Jersey!
in paramus,nj |
Incompetent Dr ever met. I had an abscess, and she tried to drain it by trying to squeeze the hell out of it without Lidocaine! I was in severe pain. The worst part was that the swelling and redness got worst! It covered the entire right side of my face! I left the office in tears.
in Westwood, NJ |
Dr Ravits is a brilliant doctor and a fantastic person. What more can you ask??
in Brooklyn, NY |
Not recommended at all. Stay away from them specially Kimberly Ruhl. They don't care about your health or concerns. Felt like I was bothering them. Rude staff, more worry about the insurance than the patients. Glad that I found a different professional.
in Fair Lawn, NJ |
VERY SIMPLY PUT IN MY 65 YEARS ON THE PLANET THE MOST WONDERFUL CARING DOCTOR BAR NONE .. WENT SO FAR OUT OF HER WAY TO CALM MY NERVES MIND BOGGLING GREAT DOCTOR ANY ONE AND EVERY ONE SHOULD RUN NOT WALK TO THIS DOC!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
in Toms RiVER, N.J. |
OUR FAMILY HAS BEEN GOING TO DR. MARGARET RAVITS FOR MANY YEARS. NOW, THREE GENERATIONS ARE GOING TO HER. DR. RAVITS IS VERY EXPERIENCED AND ACCURATE IN HER DIAGNOSIS. ALSO, A VERY CONSIDERATE AND CARING PERSON. I HIGHLY RECOMMEND DR. RAVITS. SINCERELY, JEANNETTE BOGOSIAN
Very quick and did not take her time to do a proper skin check with my history of melanoma especially. Took a total of 3 min tops to check my entire body is unacceptable. She rushed the entire time. Did not check the front of my body. Asked me non pertinent question about my recent pregnancy. Did not give me a chance to ask questions or talk to her about anything. Felt rushed the whole time and forgot to ask questions I needed because of it. Will never go back and do NOT recommend.
in Garfield NJ |
The office is very clean, well run, front desk guy is great, the place is well organized. All of the doctors under Dr. Ravits are excellent and take care of you quickly and with care. I hate going to doctors but I'm "at ease" going here because they know their stuff and take care of you. Great Place. Jim Gaffney
in Hackensack, NJ |
Dr. Margaret Ravits is an extremely competent physician. I have had a problem for over forty years due to a rare genetic disease. Over the years, I have seen more than twenty dermatologist and five allergists. Only Dr. Ravits has been able to significantly help me. Besides being a great physician, she is a wonderful and caring person. I would highly recommend her to anyone that needs a dermatologist.
in Mt. Arlingtonr, NJ |
I have been going to Dr Ravits for over 10 years, I have always found her to be a caring doctor. I have had basal cell, squamous and melanoma that was detected by Dr. Ravits. I find her to be a caring and knowledgeable doctor. She always takes time out of her day, to follow up with a phone call after my procedures. I will, and have, recommended Dr. Ravits to friends. Her staff, including nurses and receptionists are very professional, courteous, helpful and friendly.
Extremely rude. Very absent minded. Has opened the door while I was naked numerous times and left it open with other patients and staff walking by and I had to cover myself up. Will discuss private medical conditions loudly in front of other patients and staff. Very embarrassing. Black man that works the counter is the rudest person I've ever met. Rolls eyes at everyone very condescending.
in Hackensack, NJ |
I was recommended to Dr. Margaret Ravits by my ophthalmologist. I made an appointment and saw Dr. Ravits in her Hackensack, NJ office. Finally the quality of my life had improved because Dr. Ravits was able to help me where no other physician could. Dr. Margaret Ravits is a brilliant diagnostician and one of the most competent physicians I have ever met. She is a very caring, compassionate, and wonderful person
River Edge, NJ |
I highly recommend Dr. Ravits. She is smart and caring and her staff treated me very professionally. Dr. Ravits cares - which is a rare occurrence in today's medical world!!!!
Have you seen Dr. Margaret Ravits, MD?
Are you Dr. Ravits?

Dr. Ravits' Care Philosophy

Dr. Ravits' experience matches your search based on the following criteria:

•  Specializes in Dermatology
  •  Board certified in Dermatology

Dr. Ravits has no media or publications listed.

No malpractice history found for New Jersey.

Why It Matters: Dr. Ravits' Board Certifications

• Dermatology

• Acanthosis Nigricans
  • Acne
  • Actinic Keratosis
  • Allergic Reaction
  • Athlete's Foot
  • Atopic Dermatitis (Eczema)
  • Basal Cell Carcinoma
  • Lichen Planus
  • Lipomas
  • Lyme Disease
  • Melanoma
  • Moles (Benign Skin Lesions)
  • Molluscum Contagiosum Infection

U.S. Public Health Service
    NewYork-Presbyterian - Columbia University Medical Center

Completed in 1979

• French

Dr. Ravits does not have any memberships or affiliations listed. If you are Dr. Ravits and would like to add memberships or affiliations, please update your free profile.

• Dermatology